NBC to Revive Heroes With 13-Episode Miniseries — Will Any of the Original Cast Return?

Get More: News, Series Orders

Heroes Reborn MiniseriesYatta!…? NBC’s Heroes shall be reborn, with an event miniseries from creator Tim Kring.

The Peacock network has ordered 13 episodes of a new standalone arc titled Heroes Reborn, with all storyline and character details currently being kept under wraps. The miniseries will air sometime in 2015, preceded by a web series that will introduce the characters and new storylines.

RELATED | NBC Orders Jennifer Lopez-Starring FBI Drama Series for 2015

The following teaser ran during NBC’s coverage of Saturday’s Winter Olympics:

“The enormous impact Heroes had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke said in announcing the project. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment.

“We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept,” Salke continued. “Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

The news comes 10 months after TVLine reported that MSN was pondering a continuation of the series as part of a push for its Xbox platform.

Which Heroes would you “demand” appear in this Reborn miniseries?

Tags: ,

Comments (230)

• Wow.

This is the worst news I have ever received.

Comment by Joey – February 22, 2014 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then why did you read the article…? Get a life.

Comment by Maria – February 22, 2014 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No disagreement there.

Comment by jack – February 22, 2014 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you’re twelve, then.

Comment by timtompkins – February 22, 2014 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What a charmed life you must live then.

Comment by dude – February 22, 2014 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OM freaking G!!!!! I can’t believe you’ve never heard of hyperbole!!!!! It is like, the most awesome way of exaggerating something to make a point – what planet are you from that you don’t know this?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment by ultimate troll – February 23, 2014 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • go smell a warmy fart and eat stinky feet sweat!!

Comment by Warm Smelly Farts – February 22, 2014 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you, Joey. Totally agree. I was a fan and never missed an episode of Heroes. It really changed at the end and when it stopped, I gave up on it ever seeing it again. I won’t be watching it. It’s too late and I moved on to better TV: zombies and a teacher making meth.

Comment by Natalie Porter – February 22, 2014 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wouldn’t really say zombies is necessarily better TV, unless you mean the white walkers in Game of Thrones. The Walking Dead needs to tread lightly or it’ll reach the point Heroes did at the end where people just want it to go away. For most comic readers, it’s already hit that point a few times.

I for one am willing to give Heroes another shot, especially if they can return it to the glory of season 1.

Comment by Nick S – February 22, 2014 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, I loved it at first, then when they changed to the carnie characters they kinda lost me, but when they cancelled without a graceful ending, they lost me for good. I won’t be watching unless they bring back the old story line and see it through….. Ask Vince Gilligan for help he knows how to end a series.

Comment by mjcp – February 22, 2014 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ironically…I just saw the series premiere about a month ago…*before* the announcement of the series coming back. Back when I had heard nothing but awesome things about the show…esp the first season. Apparently, tho, it went downhill from there. Did it really get THAT bad/disappointing?! Because I am about 6 episodes from being done with the first season and I love it…but If the show REALLY does start to take a dive (which is when in u guys’ opinion?) then I don’t know if I shld even continue just knowing that I’m gonna be bummed in the end:/ Plz lmk what u all wld do if u were in my place! Wld u stop at the end of the first season? Second? I appreciate ur input, thanks:)

Comment by Anne – March 3, 2014 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, it really depends on what exactly you like about the show.. if you want some possibly-spoilery warnings, you can ask a question like, “Does my fave character survive (or other [action verb] here)?” & someone could key you in, lol. But yeah, if you’re loving the entire first season, you’re hooked, it’s up to you to see it thru to the end.
          ~
          The way I look at already-ended shows (& movies), even if it does depress me to no end lol the way it was written, or that we’ll never get to see (blank) happen, or that smth else should have been diff (& I feel that way about a LOT of shows, lmao) I still get sucked right back into them at the mere thought of rewatching, cuz it inspires many creative daydreams & fannish media ideas liek whoa XD So if you’re into that, ie if you could find entertainment in creating &/or viewing fanart, editing &/or watching fanvids, writing &/or reading fanfic, I’d say it’s still totally worth it! The fandom must still be active in ~some places online, & I kno they’d love you to join..
          ~
          I’m currently revisiting LOST for the first time in yeeears lol & I ~kno it’s gonna depress me but I’m mostly doing it for 2 reasons- 1, first time seeing it in HD, since I got an HDTV only near the very end; & 2, nostalgia & “knowing what I kno now” not just about the show / plot etc but everything else in general, life / time / etc. Personally, Heroes started annoying me within the first few episodes (I recall saying smth about how it went right to crap faster than any show before, even Smallville, tho I was probly being generous with SV as upon later reflection, I realized SV was always bad lol but in that same, “damn I’m addicted anyway!” kind of way) yet I still stuck with it, so..
          ~
          Enjoy? ;P

Comment by SimbiAni Buchman – March 3, 2014 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Some people didn’t like Season 2, but I think the show did not start going downhill until Season 3 (volumes 3 & 4). Why? The non-spoilerous answer is because the show started to rewrite history and also decided to break rules it had previously established. Characters in my opinion started to act differently as they would have acted before. If you make it to Season 4 (Volume) the series is much better than season 3 in my opinion (though it too has it’s faults). Season 1 is great, but except for a few silly things, Season 2 is also good in my opinion. That said, I watched till the end and will be checking out the reborn mini-series.

Comment by wingsstef – March 3, 2014 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Okay I mean Season 4 (aka Volume 5). To be more clear, there are two volumes during season 2.

Comment by wingsstef – March 3, 2014 04:44 PM PDT
        • I, myself, loved season one more than the rest of the series. However, I did like the rest of the series as well. It’s all about your own perspective and take one it and like the other person said, all about what you like about it. The things I thought were good about it, kind of began to not be there nearly as much as in season one, but I was also watching it on dvd. Once it comes back, I’ll force myself to watch it. I say “force”, because I don’t like commercials, so I don’t watch much tv anymore, just vhs and dvd but I will sit through commercials to watch heroes for sure. Like someone mentioned, I also wish they would continue with the storyline, I myself have an idea that would be great to follow with the story line as well as keep the twisted storylines on the side as well, but I’m also willing to see what they do with the idea of having an all new characters and storyline if that’s where they’re going like everything I’ve read says so far. Either way, I’ve gotten to the point that I like it so much that it would take a lot for me to lose interest in it. I would suggest watching it all the way through and see what you think of instead of what others think of it. There might be an episode or two that you don’t much care for, but what tv series doesn’t? That doesn’t mean the rest of it is going to be bad, right?

Comment by Adam Bryant – March 12, 2014 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow,
      This is the worst comment I’ve ever seen.

Comment by Stephen – February 22, 2014 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If this is the worst news you have ever received then I want to have your life.

Comment by David Norman – February 22, 2014 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • your mother is dead

Comment by Eric Willard – February 23, 2014 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then you seriously need a brain transplant.

Comment by Tarc – February 23, 2014 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

• Totes.

Comment by Jason – February 22, 2014 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree.

Comment by Ben – February 22, 2014 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed

Comment by Agreeanna – March 21, 2014 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing can touch the first season of Heroes. There’s no going back sadly.

Comment by Esaul – February 22, 2014 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN to that! It went downhill fast after season 1.

Comment by CTDogMom – February 22, 2014 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly.

Comment by Susan – February 22, 2014 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. You can’t go home again. But who’d want to when you can go to a nice bed & breakfast in Maine in the fall to watch the leaves turn colors?

(for those of you who don’t speak snark, it means that just because the original series disappointed after the first season, sending you into a spiraling depression that resulted in you living in your car to this day, doesn’t mean that this new mini-series can’t be great, provided you pick up the shattered pieces of your life an move on.)

And, yo! Grammar Police–I know that was a run-on sentence, but you gotta admit; it’s kinda fun.

Comment by Pavanne – February 23, 2014 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fun? I think it’s brilliant :P

I agree. There’s a chance that it CAN work. It depends all on the actors, the storyline, and the writing. I’ll at least keep an eye on this project since it’s still a ways out.

Comment by Esaul – February 23, 2014 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m bizarrely optimistic about this…considering that all the seasons not numbered “1″ sucked because of grasping for extended storyline and desperation to serve long-worn out characters, a 13-and-out miniseries may actually have a shred of potential to be not terrible.

And you can quote me on that!

Comment by J – February 22, 2014 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree – my thought on this is ‘a miniseries idea could work, it may actually be more like season 1 than the other seasons’.
      Season 1 would have worked as a stand alone story, with Sylar dying at the end, very well.

Comment by ben – February 22, 2014 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why? Just goes to prove the studios have admited that cable has won.

Comment by Chris H – February 22, 2014 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heck yeah! It had such a bad middle, but the last season was actually decent. Hopefully in mini-series form it will be a tight, well-written story.

Comment by Lysh – February 22, 2014 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought season 4 was decent as well, though we are I’m the minority.

Comment by Winston – February 23, 2014 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will believe it when I see it!

Comment by Robert – February 22, 2014 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you think they would make a promo for it if there was no show to promote?

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 23, 2014 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to it, but I do worry that we won’t see any of the original characters given the actor’s commitments to other projects, like Nashville, The Visitors, and Hawaii Five 0

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 22, 2014 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope Marvel doesn’t sue them, lol. :P

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 22, 2014 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m drawing a blank; who’s on H50 that was on Heroes?

Comment by Linda – February 22, 2014 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Masi Oka.

Comment by dude – February 22, 2014 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • OMG how did I forget about him? Thanks.

Comment by Linda – February 22, 2014 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Masi Oka (Hiro)

Comment by LE – February 22, 2014 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Only the best person of all – Hiro!

Comment by ben – February 22, 2014 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Masi Oka

Comment by RaeS – February 22, 2014 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why. Why why why why why

Comment by Elle – February 22, 2014 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would demand NONE of the former Heroes, because this is a BAD IDEA.

Comment by Elle – February 22, 2014 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You commenting is a bad idea! go smell a warmy fart and eat stinky feet sweat!!

Comment by Warm Smelly Farts – February 22, 2014 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow… you’re obviously very mature. If you can’t handle someone expressing their opinion about a TV show, you should probably go back to third grade, Mr. Warm Smelly Farts.

Comment by Anna – February 22, 2014 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I mean…I don’t know. Mostly worried about all of the people on twitter who are saying BEST SERIES EVAR and the direction of our world.

Comment by Kayla – February 22, 2014 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As opposed to the golden perfection of your objectively right and culturally pure television choices, I’m certain.

Comment by Ramiel – February 22, 2014 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please NBC/Kring bring my favorite character Matt Parkman back, please.

Comment by RobMF – February 22, 2014 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never seen it. Only heard first season and a bit of season 2 is good.

Comment by Teag – February 22, 2014 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Heroes Reborn without Captain America and the Fantastic Four.

Comment by James – February 22, 2014 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t picture heroes without Claire! She was my favorite, so maybe they’ll do some sort of summer thing so Hayden Panettiere can be a part of it and it not conflict with her nashville schedule

Comment by j – February 22, 2014 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or she may be available if Nashville is cancelled.

Comment by ChicagoDan – February 22, 2014 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s going to be a summer series so Hayden could conceivably fit both into her schedule. (And Chicago Dan is right – there’s also a good chance Nashville could get axed for ratings and free her up entirely.)

Comment by Thomas Peluso – February 22, 2014 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i hadn’t even considered Nashville getting cancelled. It’s one of my favorite shows, so i hope that doesn’t happen :P

Comment by j – February 22, 2014 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh, ABC is going to have a LOT to say about her starring in an NBC show. When actors sign on for a show, the network probably gets the right of refusal for that actor working on a show on a rival network.

ABC is not going to be thrilled about their star helping another network.. Now, maybe there would be small bit part they would let HP do (not enough to really help NBC, but just enough to raise HP’s profile).

Comment by Patrick – February 22, 2014 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s a pretty archaic practice Patrick, I don’t believe exclusivity clauses are regularly used by any network. Nevertheless, the fact is that any appearance from classic Heroes would likely be a cameo, as you predict for “Clair-Bear” – regardless of talent obligations, making one or two members of an ensemble cast into lead roles among a new group rarely makes for good chemistry (the only successful attempt I can think of is Frasier Crane). Either way NBC loses little by trying this, and could gain much. To answer the question though, glances of Hiro, Parkman or Noah Bennett would all be entertaining – I think the Petrelli brothers are too much to hope for.

Comment by Seth – February 22, 2014 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I could go for it, if they brought back the hard warrior Claire from the future, otherwise i thought she started to get annoying. Hiro was my favorite.

Comment by Susan Erickson – February 22, 2014 10:34 PM PDT
          • Not as archaic as it should be. NBC wouldn’t let Masi show up for the Scrubs finale. ABC could want payback.

Comment by Nichole – February 23, 2014 06:04 AM PDT
          • Well the one Petrelli brother died, so it would just be Peter…

Comment by Meredith – February 23, 2014 02:27 PM PDT
        • networks cooperating is becoming more common. case in point, “Intelligence” which is a joint venture between CBS (which it airs on) and ABC Studios.

Comment by JackSchidt1971 – February 22, 2014 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Not entirely. Scrubs was a product of ABC but aired on NBC for 7 years until it was brought back to ABC. NBC wouldn’t allow Masi appear on Scrubs when it moved to ABC even though Masi wanted to come back. While Heroes Reborn will air in the summer, it’ll have to shoot before then and I doubt the other networks are going to allow their actors time off for it. The best we can get are cameos from people who are able to get free. Kring will probably want to bring on anyone who isn’t busy as guest stars to appease the fans. But I think for the most part, we’ll most likely get a entire new cast. The original concept of Heroes was for a new cast of heroes each year and with the success of American Horror Story and True Detective, this is probably the concept Kring is going to go back to.

Comment by tabularasalocke – February 23, 2014 09:44 AM PDT
  • If it’s like season 1, I’m in. New stories, new characters, and I hope they learn from their mistakes.

Comment by hatorl – February 22, 2014 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I am totally fine with new stories and new characters. That was how season 4 was in a way. I would not mind a few old characters too to be sprinkled in, however I don’t need most of the cast back to enjoy this.

Comment by wingsstef – March 3, 2014 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for season 7 of LOST.

Comment by RobMF – February 22, 2014 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But we have to go back!

Comment by blujazz – February 22, 2014 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So what you’re saying is that Jack really isn’t dead… and the plane never really got off the island… and everybody isn’t really in purgatory… oh, crap!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Comment by Eric Richard Satter – February 22, 2014 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too. Only Jin, like Hiro, is on H5O. Oh, wait — LOST filmed in Hawaii, too! There is still hope, brothers.

Comment by marycat – February 22, 2014 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hurley, Ben and Walt’s adventures.

Comment by Teag – February 22, 2014 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss LOST so much! :’(

Comment by lolita – February 23, 2014 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why? The show was never very good and it didn’t last long because people weren’t watching. Of all the cancelled shows that could be brought back…

Comment by Carrie – February 22, 2014 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll say “yay”, if only because it means other shows could have potential limited returns. *cough*Chuck*cough*

Comment by Duke – February 22, 2014 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yea it was never very good yet it lasted FIVE seasons…dumbass

Comment by nate – February 22, 2014 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • California Dreams also lasted 5 seasons.. guess it was one of the best comedies of the 90s according to you!

Comment by Christian – February 23, 2014 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well if your going for ltd returns then there a few shows that need a return and would have to be right up there. Just so they can finish an awesome story there are many others as well

Here’s my list feel free to add

1 Jericho
        2 Deadwood
        3 V – the reboot
        4 Terra Nova
        5 Las Vegas — Both versions.
        6 Chuck — Just so they can fix the end, because damn it sucked.
        7 the Inside
        8 The Secret Circle

Just a few I feel that like Hero’s and 24 have the fan base and support still out there to make a go of it. And more importantly the actors and actresses are still young enough to be able to play there original roles unlike say some favourites we would want back like Firefly, Buffy, etc….

Comment by Mark – February 23, 2014 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was fantastic in season one, and also it was one of those shows that everybody seemed to be watching then too.

Comment by ben – February 22, 2014 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, NBC. You’re so frustratingly schizophrenic. Hire Leno, fire Leno, hire Leno, fire Leno…start Heroes, cancel Heroes, start Heroes…

I can’t wait to see what Tim comes up with, though. Heroes was the best show on TV. Period.

Comment by zirtoc – February 22, 2014 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nobody invite Ali Larter, please.

Comment by KP26 – February 22, 2014 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Invite her back, if only to kill her off one more time xD

Comment by Greenlyon – February 23, 2014 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is voting in the poll because NO! This is a terrible idea. Absolutely no one was sitting around going “oh. I hope they bring Heroes back!”

Comment by Amanda – February 22, 2014 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you should speak for yourself

Comment by nate – February 22, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Clearly someone was.

Comment by Tai – February 23, 2014 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So stoked. I still feel the original show got completely and totally screwed in every way by the writer’s strike and was just finding its footing again when it was cancelled. This goes up in the “second chance well deserved” category and I’ll be anxious to see who comes back (they *have* to address the cliffhanger with Claire the show ended on) and who new they bring into the picture.

Comment by Thomas Peluso – February 22, 2014 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree about the writer’s strike. I think this show was probably one of the most effected by the strike. It lost momentum and clarity in its struggle to find its footing after the strike.

I have faith it could be great in this format though.

Comment by Csbd – February 22, 2014 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that they will have to address Claire going public if only to explain how the video was suppressed. Did they kill off the Christopher Eccleston character?

Comment by Tahonia – February 23, 2014 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping this is good. The original intent of the show was going to be to have a new set of characters every season, but they changed their minds after the success of season one and that didn’t go so well, so maybe new characters is what they need.

Also, I wonder if they are going to continue as if the whole world knows about the super-powered like the last season ended.

Comment by Jacob – February 22, 2014 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone actually stick with this series to the end?

Comment by Dr. M – February 22, 2014 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched Heroes from beginning to end during it’s origina run. it was my favorite show at the time it was on

Comment by j – February 22, 2014 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too stuck around until the end (mainly to see Milo every week) and was digging the direction they were taking in the last couple episodes. I’m curious to see if they pick up where they left off.

Comment by Meredith – February 22, 2014 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I stuck around to the end too and it did finally seem like they were righting the ship when it was cancelled… but I do wonder how they plan to go about with this – try to get back any of the originals and pick it up where they left off somehow or go all new and make it more like a reboot or somewhere in between. The first thing I thought when I read they were doing this miniseries though is “sure, now that they just announced that Milo’s attached to some ABC pilot…” if any character does come back it ought to be Peter, he was one of the most central characters.

Comment by Tess – February 22, 2014 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Except didn’t Sylar kill Peter?

Comment by A.B. – February 22, 2014 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • (If anyone is currently watching the show on Netflix and wants to avoid ending spoilers, avert your eyes now!) No! At the end of the very last episode, Peter and Sylar were standing side by side as Claire jumped from the top of the Ferris wheel. Peter had just rescued Sylar from the carnies (or maybe the other way around?), and they were very amicable and almost to the level of good friends during season 4 (personally, I always wanted them to be together but hey). The very end is showing them standing together and turning to walk away before the scene went to the “To Be Continued…” card every episode ended with.

Comment by RG7 – February 22, 2014 10:37 PM PDT
          • @RG7, yeah I remember that scence but now I remember that I was mistakenly thinking of a different actor and not Milo’s Peter. I’ll just say the character I’m thinking of is related to Peter.

Comment by A.B. – February 23, 2014 01:13 PM PDT
    • I have to say, no I didn’t. I couldn’t last through the third season. And its very rare that I ever drop a show that I once loved. Normally I get through them even when they get a bit sucky. But Heroes just got TOO bad.
      But I’m still gonna be checking out the miniseries, and anyone who loved season 1 surely would want to check it out with the hope it would be that good.

Comment by ben – February 22, 2014 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did, but yes, the snark was on during season 3. Season 4 was mostly better than season 3. Most of Season 3 was painful! There were some good stuff though in all the seasons.

Comment by wingsstef – March 3, 2014 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited about the idea. The way it was left i really wanted more and this is going to be great. I do have my reservations and would like some of the originals back but come on any true Heroes fan would love to see more. Its great news.

Comment by greysfan – February 22, 2014 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as the individuals that came up with the “give powers to anyone” storyline and as long as those responsible for deciding the eclipse is what caused people to receive/activate/deactivate their powers are NOT involved, I’ll be looking forward to this. I’m on board with having only 13 episodes, too.

Comment by Gary Panther – February 22, 2014 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so stunned at that headline! They’re really doing this!

The impact and quality of the show really was so incredible when it first premiered, but then unfortunately it suffered what’s known as the Ryan Murphy effect. They took the show out of Bryan Fuller’s hands and the writers weren’t smart enough not to keep the show from becoming over-the-top desperate mess.

But I’ll hope they can recapture the brilliance of the show in those first seasons.

Comment by Ian – February 22, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They didn’t really take it out of Fuller’s hands, he wasn’t the creator, Tim Kring was. Fuller was a writer and producer who left the writing gig to go do Pushing Daisies.

Comment by tabularasalocke – February 23, 2014 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Cautiously Optimistic” is where my head is at right now… Tim Kring himself being attached is the part I’m WORRIED about more than anything else.

Read what Kring had to say in 2008 about the “problems” of serialized storytelling and what he thinks of those who watch LIVE>

(And that poor Irish Girl is STILL trapped in an alternate future btw)

Comment by Micah – February 22, 2014 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this news has me so excited i LOVED this show. sadly the first season WAS the best but i grew to love the new characters and storylines as it went on. You can never get back to save the cheerleader, save the world, but I am definitely intrigrued and cant wait to see what they come up with !!!!

Comment by Kristen t – February 22, 2014 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care. I’m still waiting on a Revolution renewal, NBC.

Comment by alex – February 22, 2014 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This.
      Don’t get me wrong, the first season of Heroes was stellar, but the quality of season 2 onwards was just vomit.
      Revolution just has a far more interesting premise than Heroes’ cookie-cutter superpowers plot. But then again, it seems the general populace isn’t entirely thrilled with original, creative ideas.
      Then again, that’s just my opinion.

Comment by Bmass – February 23, 2014 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What?! At this point, they should just stop development on any new pilots and just start bringing back old shows! How about Alias, Lost and Nikita (too soon?) next?

Comment by Young Matthew – February 22, 2014 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would love it if they brought back Alias. :-)

Comment by Sheri – February 22, 2014 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by Ritchie – February 22, 2014 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am willing to give it a chance because the first season of Heroes was so refreshing.

Comment by Name That Tune – February 22, 2014 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they could erase certain parts and have Kristen Bell back as Elle.

Comment by Riana – February 22, 2014 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS.. lol my Heroes OT5 was: Isaac / Claire / Peter / Elle / Sylar.. haate the bad writing that ruined them & all their potential but c’mon, a show with time travel ~must embrace the possibility of bringing these epic chars back & in one (sane!) piece! XD

Comment by facebook.com/SimbiAni – February 23, 2014 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS I’M JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!!

Comment by Mordy – February 22, 2014 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy. Mainly because this is the second series brought back that I used to watch (24 being the first). If its no good, what’s the worst that happened..I turn it off. If its succeeds, more people will bring back continuations of great shows instead of rebooting and prequeling the hell out of everything

Comment by J.r. Edwards – February 22, 2014 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They could have renamed season 3 “The Zachary Quinto Show” and it would have been a more accurate title for the show.

Comment by renitamac – February 22, 2014 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season Three was actually my favorite, if abit drawn out at the end. reminded me of days Of future Past storyline of x-men

Comment by J.r. Edwards – February 22, 2014 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will they finally answer how and why that cute Irish girl got left behind in the alternate universe

Comment by Bradley / Lovebug (@BRJericho7) – February 22, 2014 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s just one of those things that don’t need an answer. At the time, Peter didn’t fully remember what abilities he had or how to use/control them, so he accidentally left Kaitlin in that future and couldn’t figure out how to get back so the only way he could figure to save her was by destroying the virus which changed the future making it impossible for him to go back to get her because that future no longer existed. I don’t think they need to answer that, because that’s what I got out of the series as far as why he could never go back and get her.

Comment by Adam Bryant – February 23, 2014 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg why can’t they get a good show the unusaulls was a good show why can’t they re make it or some thing besides vampires and shark crap . I know the writers can come up with something better than a already died show like heros. oh well its there money not mine.revolution is one gr8 show. My fav. Just needs a little pick me up and wow bet they can make it number 1 maybe even a good movie night like they did before. .

Comment by sue justasiam – February 22, 2014 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone has their opinion, yes, but if you DO NOT like Heroes, tell me again why you feel it’s necessary to post on here?! Because you can, Well NEWS Flash, ur opinion is moot to me as I’m sure mine is to you. Regardless of how I felt Heroes was constructed at times, I still have a curiosity in it to see what they have in store.

Comment by Bradley / Lovebug (@BRJericho7) – February 22, 2014 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh..the article kind of asks yay or nay at the end, so why wouldn’t naysayers post here?

Comment by Michael – February 23, 2014 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just bring back Jack Coleman as HRG and I’ll be a happy camper. Come on … can’t have Heroes without our beloved Company Man.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – February 22, 2014 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually – this would probably be the best choice if bringing back a cast member.

Comment by ben – February 22, 2014 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would hope its like 24 meets heroes with HRG and one of them hunting down a major “hero” baddie. Sadistic, tortured always a step ahead. HRG just happens to see past heroes for help and advice. But….I doubt that is what happens.

Comment by Winston – February 23, 2014 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh that sounds awesome. And, I could totally see HRG tapping into his inner Jack Bauer.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – February 23, 2014 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back The Cape!

Comment by THAT Guy – February 22, 2014 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know how this is possible, Hayden is on Nashville, Masai is on Hawaii 5-0 and these are 2 super hit shows with tough grueling schedules?! Milo just signed on with a show, I don’t see any of the original cast returning, maybe for 1 episode, but they have to get permission from whatever network and I don’t see that happening given the ratings.

Comment by Tina B. – February 22, 2014 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santiago Cabrera.
    Masi Oka.
    New characters.

Comment by Lili – February 22, 2014 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People post their opinions here because its an open forum all opinions allowed postive and negative . As for the show I watched all of season 1 and 2 even though it went downhill in season 2, and even part of 3 I stopped mid season 3 because in my FREE opinion it was still downhill . Just my opinion .

Comment by Melissa – February 22, 2014 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forget about this flop, bring back The LA Complex!!!!

Comment by Mandy – February 22, 2014 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re kidding right? LA Complex got about half a million viewers per episode and you’re calling Heroes a flop?

Comment by Wouter – February 23, 2014 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fool me once, shame on you….

Comment by anon – February 22, 2014 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In order of preferred appearance: Peter, Claire, Sylar, Noah, Matt, Hiro. The First Season was mindblowing. The part in the Third Season where they were all being detained, was exciting. The end of Season 4 was getting pretty good.

Comment by Mike – February 22, 2014 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously?! Of all the canceled shows they could’ve brought back, they chose this one?! What are the execs on?

Comment by Jerri – February 22, 2014 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hiro Nakamura, the only actual Hero!

Comment by Malia Koshi – February 22, 2014 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There really needs to be a “meh” button to that poll. While I did indeed like certain parts of certain seasons and subsequently saw potential in a lot of the arcs they never managed to manifest in sufficient good ways. Am I somewhat interested? Yes. Enough to become excited? No.

Comment by TonberryLives – February 22, 2014 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post