Report: 2% of Netflix Users Binged All of House of Cards Season 2 ASAP -- Are You Done Yet?

House of Cards RatingsTwo percent of Netflix’s 33.4 million U.S. subscribers – or about 670,000 people – binge-watched all 13 episodes of House of Cards Season 2 during its first weekend, according to a report by Procera Networks, which solicits and analyses bandwidth usage data from multiple Internet service providers.

Netflix rather famously — and to the frustration of its broadcast/cable rivals — does not disclose viewing data.

RELATED | House of Cards‘ Kate Mara on That Scene, Rooting For Frank and Her Fear of [Spoiler]

Procera also reports that between 6 and 10 percent of Netflix’s U.S. subscribers watched at least one episode of House of Cards — marking a 400 percent increase over Season 1’s opening weekend — while the average number of hours consumed was three.

RELATED | House of Cards Season 2: We Binge-Watched It All — Here Are 5 Things to Know

In Europe, the average number of episodes binged was five, with 1 percent of subscribers consuming the whole season.

Procera also notes that, interestingly but in keeping with past trends, there was no statistically significant increase in overall Netflix traffic in the wake of this new release.

House of Cards was renewed for Season 3 well before its sophomore run dropped on Valentine’s Day.

1. Paula says:

I’m from Chile and I know am not the only one of my friends who binge watch HoC last weekend.

• benis says:

it was pretty chilly (see what i did there?) in ohio on valentines day when netflix released it. plus i have no girlfriend so i sat home in my underwear and watched all 13 episodes at once and ate a pound of bacon. i hate myself.

2. Carla says:

If my husband watched the show, we probably would have watched the whole season last weekend. But I try to watch when he’s doing something else. The fact that half the country was snowed in last weekend probably helped those numbers, too.

3. Sara says:

Took me 5 days to complete..wish I was this efficient in life

4. ChicagoDan says:

On the other hand, 98% of Netflix users have lives and will watch when convenient.

• Drew says:

No need to be a snob about it. Some people, like myself, binge-watched with an entire group of friends over the weekend it was released. We planned ahead, Mr. I Have Better Things To Do.

• Mel says:

Drew, don’t call ChicagoDan a snob. He was stating a fact as he sees it. I want to binge watch HoC myself, but have not found the time to even start; life in all it’s glory has gotten in the way, and that’s my fact. But glad to know you and your friends were “planning ahead”! The more people binge watch, the better chance for subsequent seasons! So please people binge away!

• Carm says:

I have a life and managed to watch all 13 episodes in 7 days.

• Gina Davis says:

How did you get to be so rude?

5. Martina says:

Here in Paraguay most people haven’t even heard of the show until recently. Now it has become quite the phenomenon. Everyone’s binge watching and talking about it!

6. I’m at Episode 7 at the moment. Was exhausted due to college classes.
    Most probably gonna finish them by this weekend!

7. Kris says:

I would have binged last weekend, but my kid was in the hospital. As soon as he was released I started watching Season 2, but realized I’d forgotten a lot of Season 1, so I rewatched it and now am on episode 11 of Season 2.

8. cogamimaje says:

Can’t take it that I have to wait another year for season 3! :(

9. Roger Canada says:

670k persons will have to wait 362 days for the next season.

The release of 13 episodes in one day kill all buzz around all Netflix series because nobody is at the same episode and can’t talk about it

• Jackson says:

You make a good point but this show still manages to get plenty of buzz. Everywhere you turn someone was talking about it or it was being spoofed on other shows. Being nominated for an Emmy certainly helped I’m sure.

10. dude says:

I’m on episode 6. I like giving myself breathing room between episodes. When I binge on a show, I find that I forget a lot of what I’ve watched soon after.

11. PB says:

Finally caught up on Season 1 and just finished Ep 1 season 2. After that season premiere I felt i needed a break so I probably wont be back watching for a few days. Hubby who is a night owl did the binge thing and watched it all of season 2 in a few days.

But that is a good point about everyone not being in the same place in the series to talk about and for those that haven’t finished trying to avoid spoilers.

12. Aimee says:

I just binge watched season 1 does that count? I don’t know why I put off watching for so long but all the buzz for season 2 convinced me to try it and I was hooked. Taking a breather and will jump into season 2 next week.

• flutiefan says:

Doing the same. It’s heavy stuff though, so i take comedy breaks very couple of episodes.

• gdv says:

I still have 2 episodes of S1 left! I started streaming The Americans on Amazon Prime around the same time and got much more engrossed in it than Cards, so I fell behind on my plan to have Cards done by the time S2 was released. But that’s the beauty of streaming—you can watch when you want to! (Side note: Cards is really good, don’t get me wrong, but The Americans just hooked me a little more.)

13. knd says:

I happened to be home from work the day it was released and binged it all on one day. Then I realized now I have to wait a whole year for season 3. That annoys me.

14. bobbie says:

all 13 – and I spaced them out to savor them, but I couldn’t wait no mo’.

15. Amanda says:

Both seasons in 5 days. Hate that we have to wait a year for season 3!

16. Marc says:

Binge-watched last Saturday from 5pm to about 5am Sunday morning. I got up to go to bed several times but kept saying, just one more episode.

17. artisan says:

Hmmm not only have I watch all of Season 2, but I had to watch Season 1 the week before to catch up. (I’m going cross eyed at this point)

18. Tammy says:

Anyone else have bandwith problems while watching it? We use a roku this time and it was rare HoC was in HD, it was in SD 90% of the time. We also had loading issue. I think it happened in every episode. I have read articles where some internet providers are not happy with Netflix and they are trying to get money out of them. Hulu worked just fine for us and in HD. No load issues either. I would have enjoyed HoC much better in HD. I would have also liked a “previously on” wrap up of season 1 too.

• Jillian says:

I actually have far more issues with Hulu than I do Netflix. Hulu freezes constantly in the middle of shows and I rarely have that issue with Netflix– it’s one of the reasons why I canceled my Hulu Plus subscription.

19. Judi says:

WOW! I’ve never been in the top 2% of anything! I binge-watched Season 1 the weekend ir was released, and likewise, Season 2. LOVE HOC!

20. SLG says:

Yep…couldn’t help myself. Finished Season 2 last night…cant imagine waiting 10 months for the next Season. Wish my friends would catch up to me so we can discuss the writer’s thinking on the Season surprises!