Pilot News: Heroes' Milo Ventimiglia Boards ABC's Alien-Themed Drama The Visitors

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

The Visitors Milo VentimigliaMilo Ventimiglia is joining ABC’s alien invasion.

The Heroes and Gilmore Girls alum, who most recently co-starred on TNT’s Mob City, has been cast in the network’s drama pilot The Visitors, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV, the project chronicles a race against the clock to defeat an unseen alien enemy out to destroy the world using our most precious resource against us.

Ventimiglia — who joins recent additions Barry Sloane (Revenge) and Derek Webster (Revolution) — will play John Doe/Drew, who is covered in strange tattoos and diagrams and speaks in a strange language.

Under the Dome scribe Soo Hugh is penning the script and noted video director Mark Romanek is set to helm the pilot.

Comments (19)

• Milo covered in tattoos (and presumably shirtless) is not the worst way to spend an hour each week. Amirite?!

Comment by Puhleaze – February 20, 2014 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally right! Can’t wait for this!

Comment by Lindsey – February 20, 2014 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Such a hardship but somebody has to do it :)

Comment by Kira – February 20, 2014 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC doing V for the third time. This is doa

Comment by tv2day – February 20, 2014 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Milo, but I’m with you on this.

Comment by Sarahliz – February 20, 2014 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So far there is nothing in the concept and no one in the cast or crew that interests me. Pass.

Comment by Quang – February 21, 2014 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The premise sounds good, but they need to change the title. V in “V” was short for Visitors (then later Victory).

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 21, 2014 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tattoos and speaks a strange language, why would they waste milo like this?

Comment by Jake – February 21, 2014 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vistors again! REALLY?

Comment by Sherri Dorbritz – February 21, 2014 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that Milo Ventimiglia landed a series.As for the series name The Visitors they may change to something else once it gets picked up.

Comment by Andrew Hass – February 21, 2014 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was all okay until the last sentence. I’m dubious of anybody connected with Under the Dome.

Comment by sanchopanza – February 21, 2014 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, UtD is a okay summer show. I am hoping for improvements this summer, and am willing to give it time.

Comment by meleliot – February 21, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like him, but not interested in the show, which is too bad.

Comment by sarah – February 21, 2014 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No disrespect to the guy/girl, but… Seeing the name “Soo Hugh” when it comes up during the UTD opening credits cracks me every time.

Comment by Delirious – February 21, 2014 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no interest in this show yesterday when I read about it, but now that Milo is involved, I’ll check it out for sure.

Comment by Simon – February 21, 2014 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Milo will back on TV again. He was great on Mob City. Sucks his character in Chosen died at end of season 2.

Comment by Joey – February 21, 2014 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unseen aliens…I don’t know, I like to see my aliens. Hopefully they don’t stay “unseen” for too long!

Comment by meleliot – February 21, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter Petreli, welcome back to my screen, i missed you guy

Comment by Lore – February 21, 2014 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post