Showtime Renews Shameless, House of Lies

Get More: Renewals

Shameless Season 5 RenewalShowtime has renewed Shameless and House of Lies for Seasons 5 and 4, respectively.

Both pickups are for 12-episodes, with the new seasons bowing in 2015.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Per Showtime, Shameless‘ current fourth season is averaging 5.5 million viewers across all platforms, up eight percent compared to Season 3. Lies, meanwhile, is pulling in 3 million viewers in Season 3, on par with Season 2.

Comments (28)

• Great news! Shameless just keeps getting better!

Comment by Wouter – February 18, 2014 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man, I love House of Pies! Benny Schwaas is my favorite.

Comment by Thomas – February 18, 2014 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A fellow Comedy Bing Bong fan, nice.

Comment by Eric – February 18, 2014 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAYYYY Shameless….this season has just been intense

Comment by nate – February 18, 2014 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I want HoL cancelled so Kristen can do another Veronica Mars series.

Comment by alistaircrane – February 18, 2014 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. Hearing CW is very interested in giving “Veronica Mars” another life as TV series but because of “House of Lies” they cannot. It’s kinda weird cause Showtime and CW belong to CBS so they could at least try to manage filming schedules.

Comment by Lucecita – February 18, 2014 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hopefully the film will be a hit – at least by ‘cult film’ standards – and there WILL be a fourth season Arrested Development style. I’m not surprised the CW is interested, the third season averaged 2.5 million viewers for them and they cancelled it…now they would probably kill for those kind of ratings but back then they thought they could do better…look at them now. I for one don’t care who makes a new season as long as someone does, but it would be probably a MUCH better fit with Netflix or Showtime…a Veronica Mars season with cable power WITHOUT the network television restrictions ? Heaven !

Comment by phantom – February 18, 2014 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Where did you hear that? Do you have a source?

Comment by AJ – February 18, 2014 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. Shameless is the best. Great acting across the board.

Comment by stickbmak – February 18, 2014 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Two of the best shows on TV right now.

Comment by erin – February 18, 2014 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One thing that puzzles me is that they also recently announced a 4th season order for Episodes. As you know, they run all three show in the Sunday evening block. However, while they ordered 12 @ of Shameless and House Of Lies, their order for Episodes is for only 9. Huh?

Comment by HAP – February 18, 2014 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Episodes traditionally has had smaller seasons. 9 episodes is more than season 1 and. 2 got.

Comment by Brian – February 19, 2014 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay! Glad to know about Episodes pick-up too! That show is fantastic. The actors are amazing. Love all the shenanigans and I especially enjoy looking into the making of a TV show with the back biting and jealous. Matt LeBlanc playing Matt LeBlanc is so fun to watch.

Comment by meleliot – February 23, 2014 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Shameless!!!!!

Comment by Para – February 18, 2014 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shameless is so awesome. Really happy it is coming back! I will need some more of Cameron Monaghan though. He is by far my favourite and I miss him this season. Also Noel Fischer and Ethan Cutkosky should get a prominent SL. Who am I kidding I am happy with anything I can get!

Comment by EJ386 – February 18, 2014 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shameless is amazing! But I miss Steve.

Comment by cas – February 18, 2014 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss Steve too, but the old bad boy car thief ,he was kind of boring with the stupid wife thing. Lol when I thought he was gone I thought it was a mistake. Hoping he comes back with a bang. I love Kev and V and darn is he a hot ass man.I Love Shameless it is the most real show on tv by far. It’s like reality tv only it’s fiction. Bravo to Showtime and the writers, directors and the actors. Hell of a GREAT show. My neighbor turned me on to it so I got to watch all 4 seasons up to the 11th episode over the nasty winter we have had since the stupid groundhog saw his shadow. Thank God. Thanks Jill So off to watch the last on demand episode I have then sun the season finally I guess. Come on 2015 looking so forward to the 5th season. :)

Comment by Denise Beale – April 4, 2014 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By far my favorite show on TV at the moment. Just great acting and writing. I can’t believe this show doesn’t get more award recognition. #EmmysforEmmy

Comment by Steven – February 18, 2014 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Shameless! Phew, I was worried. Is it true about Episodes also getting renewed?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 19, 2014 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to know my winter Sunday nights won’t change in 2015! Yay for all – Shamesless, HoL and Episodes!

Comment by meleliot – February 23, 2014 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now u can bring Steve back …

Comment by lucy – February 25, 2014 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How are they going to keep Frank “alive” for another season?

Comment by ynkee1 – February 25, 2014 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So love Shameless…Never missed an episode. Can’t wait to see what season 5 brings.

Comment by ReRe – March 14, 2014 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HEK YEAH HOUSE OF LIES!!!
    I just finished watching the finale of season three and I was afraid the way the show ended that might have been the end of the show so I am ecstatic to hear that they will return. House of lies is by far my favorite show!! I absolutely love the classy and sleek look and feel of the show and the acting and the characters are amazing.
    Plus, they play great music during the show which is kinda of surprising.

Comment by Mo Brooks – April 1, 2014 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is no other better television than SHAMELESS , THE I LOVE THIS FAMILY COULD WAS DAILY , THE WRITTERS HATS OFF ,,,, GREAT TV

Comment by Crystal – April 1, 2014 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love House of Lies. Is it possible to jump into Shameless ino the middle? Anybody?

Comment by Carolyn – April 3, 2014 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do we have to wait til next year for the premier of Shameless? I need more!!

Comment by veronica – April 6, 2014 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show best show on TV …… It only going to get better looking fwd to the next season and the next and next so on and so on thank you all for doing such a real show how the 90 0/0 of us live everyday like

Comment by Michael dimayo – April 7, 2014 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post