Showtime Renews Shameless, House of Lies

Shameless Season 5 RenewalShowtime has renewed Shameless and House of Lies for Seasons 5 and 4, respectively.

Both pickups are for 12-episodes, with the new seasons bowing in 2015.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Per Showtime, Shameless‘ current fourth season is averaging 5.5 million viewers across all platforms, up eight percent compared to Season 3. Lies, meanwhile, is pulling in 3 million viewers in Season 3, on par with Season 2.

1. Wouter says:

Great news! Shameless just keeps getting better!

2. Thomas says:

Oh man, I love House of Pies! Benny Schwaas is my favorite.

3. nate says:

YAYYYY Shameless….this season has just been intense

4. alistaircrane says:

Ugh. I want HoL cancelled so Kristen can do another Veronica Mars series.

• Lucecita says:

Same here. Hearing CW is very interested in giving “Veronica Mars” another life as TV series but because of “House of Lies” they cannot. It’s kinda weird cause Showtime and CW belong to CBS so they could at least try to manage filming schedules.

• phantom says:

Hopefully the film will be a hit – at least by ‘cult film’ standards – and there WILL be a fourth season Arrested Development style. I’m not surprised the CW is interested, the third season averaged 2.5 million viewers for them and they cancelled it…now they would probably kill for those kind of ratings but back then they thought they could do better…look at them now. I for one don’t care who makes a new season as long as someone does, but it would be probably a MUCH better fit with Netflix or Showtime…a Veronica Mars season with cable power WITHOUT the network television restrictions ? Heaven !

• AJ says:

Where did you hear that? Do you have a source?

5. stickbmak says:

Great news. Shameless is the best. Great acting across the board.

6. erin says:

Great news! Two of the best shows on TV right now.

7. HAP says:

One thing that puzzles me is that they also recently announced a 4th season order for Episodes. As you know, they run all three show in the Sunday evening block. However, while they ordered 12 @ of Shameless and House Of Lies, their order for Episodes is for only 9. Huh?

• Brian says:

Episodes traditionally has had smaller seasons. 9 episodes is more than season 1 and. 2 got.

• meleliot says:

Yay! Glad to know about Episodes pick-up too! That show is fantastic. The actors are amazing. Love all the shenanigans and I especially enjoy looking into the making of a TV show with the back biting and jealous. Matt LeBlanc playing Matt LeBlanc is so fun to watch.

8. Para says:

Yay Shameless!!!!!

9. EJ386 says:

Shameless is so awesome. Really happy it is coming back! I will need some more of Cameron Monaghan though. He is by far my favourite and I miss him this season. Also Noel Fischer and Ethan Cutkosky should get a prominent SL. Who am I kidding I am happy with anything I can get!

10. cas says:

Shameless is amazing! But I miss Steve.

• Denise Beale says:

I miss Steve too, but the old bad boy car thief ,he was kind of boring with the stupid wife thing. Lol when I thought he was gone I thought it was a mistake. Hoping he comes back with a bang. I love Kev and V and darn is he a hot ass man.I Love Shameless it is the most real show on tv by far. It’s like reality tv only it’s fiction. Bravo to Showtime and the writers, directors and the actors. Hell of a GREAT show. My neighbor turned me on to it so I got to watch all 4 seasons up to the 11th episode over the nasty winter we have had since the stupid groundhog saw his shadow. Thank God. Thanks Jill So off to watch the last on demand episode I have then sun the season finally I guess. Come on 2015 looking so forward to the 5th season. :)

11. Steven says:

By far my favorite show on TV at the moment. Just great acting and writing. I can’t believe this show doesn’t get more award recognition. #EmmysforEmmy

12. Britta Unfiltered says:

Yay for Shameless! Phew, I was worried. Is it true about Episodes also getting renewed?

13. meleliot says:

Glad to know my winter Sunday nights won’t change in 2015! Yay for all – Shamesless, HoL and Episodes!

14. lucy says:

Now u can bring Steve back …

15. ynkee1 says:

How are they going to keep Frank “alive” for another season?

16. ReRe says:

So love Shameless…Never missed an episode. Can’t wait to see what season 5 brings.

17. Mo Brooks says:

HEK YEAH HOUSE OF LIES!!!
    I just finished watching the finale of season three and I was afraid the way the show ended that might have been the end of the show so I am ecstatic to hear that they will return. House of lies is by far my favorite show!! I absolutely love the classy and sleek look and feel of the show and the acting and the characters are amazing.
    Plus, they play great music during the show which is kinda of surprising.

18. Crystal says:

There is no other better television than SHAMELESS , THE I LOVE THIS FAMILY COULD WAS DAILY , THE WRITTERS HATS OFF ,,,, GREAT TV

19. Carolyn says:

I love House of Lies. Is it possible to jump into Shameless ino the middle? Anybody?

20. veronica says:

Why do we have to wait til next year for the premier of Shameless? I need more!!

21. I love the show best show on TV …… It only going to get better looking fwd to the next season and the next and next so on and so on thank you all for doing such a real show how the 90 0/0 of us live everyday like

22. Bernard Bell says:

Showtime is good, soon 2 really make a dent with HBO viewers.

23. bobby says:

yea but why wait a year why not start shooting and have it out for the summer or fall of 2014?

24. Bernard Bell says:

Some shows are just worth the wait!

25. Lyle dunn says:

Awesome show, each character adds their own twist, well written, excellently acted