TVLine Items: Downton Castings, Castle Scoop, Miss J. to Model Again, Bethenny Axed and More
A trio of actors are taking up residence on Downton Abbey Season 5.
Richard E. Grant (Girls, Doctor Who) has joined the cast of the hit British series as Simon Bricker, a guest of the Granthams who visits the estate.
RELATED | Downton Abbey Recap: Down and Dirty
Additionally, Anna Chancellor (Fleming, The Hour) will guest-star as Lady Anstruther, while Rade Sherbedgia (Red Widow, 24) plays a Russian refugee.
Dame Harriet Walter and Peter Egean will also reprise their roles as Lady Shackleton and Lord Flintshire, respectively.
Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
• America’s Next Top Model will welcome back J. Alexander aka “Miss J.” as a judge for Cycle 21′s “Guys and Girls” edition, premiering this summer. Also, renowned shutterbug Yu Tsai is coming on as a photo shoot creative consultant.
• Teen Wolf‘s Arden Cho will guest-star in Castle Episode 18 as Arden as Kiara, a hostess at an exotic club who puts herself in danger to help the NYPD with their case.
• Bethenny Frankel’s daytime talk show Bethenny has been canceled, reports Deadline.
• TBS’ Conan and guest Mel Brooks will honor the late comic actor Sid Caesar on Tuesday, Feb. 18.
• Former Disney Channel star Nick Jonas and The Glades alumna Kiele Sanchez have joined the cast of DirecTV’s upcoming family drama Navy St., which is set at an MMA gym, per Deadline.
• Seth MacFarlane’s Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey will premiere across 10 U.S. networks on Sunday, March 9 at 9/8c — including Fox, National Geographic Channel, FX, FXX, FXM, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo and FOX Life. The program will also air internationally on National Geographic Channel in 180 countries and 120 Fox-branded channels in 125 countries, making it the largest global launch ever for a TV series.Follow @VladaGelman