Bazinga! Jim Parsons to Host Saturday Night Live

Jim Parsons SNL HostLive from New York it’s… Sheldon Cooper!

The Big Bang Theory‘s Jim Parsons has been tapped to host Saturday Night Live when it returns from its mini-hiatus on March 1, TVLine has confirmed.

PHOTOS | Saturday Night Live: 15 Dream Hosts

Beck will serve as musical guest.

This will mark Parsons’ official SNL debut, although the multiple Emmy winner kinda-sorta made a cameo back in December (see below).

1. Lindsey says:

Awesome news!!!!!

2. flutiefan says:

Good. I’m interested to see what he can do outside of Sheldon.

3. Mike R. says:

Great news, it will be interesting to see how Parsons does, as well as the new weekend update host.

4. Tran 2.0 says:

So excited about the news as well as Colin Jost who will be making his Weekend Update debut when SNL returns after the Olympics (March 1st).

5. Mariah says:

As long as he is given decent material, he will do fine

6. erin says:

Thank god for the PVR! I can skip all the sketches he’s in and just watch Beck and the pretaped segments.

7. bluebonnetbelle says:

Growing up I saw him in several shows when he was in undergrad at the University of Houston and he was always had great comedic timing, I hope he really gets a chance to shine.

8. JLK says:

I’m really looking forward to this. I think he’s one of those guys who will have great energy, even if the writing is lacking (and let’s face it, even on the best shows there are a couple sketches that are lacking). I hope they give him a chance to sing. The little bit in The Muppets wasn’t enough for me. :)

9. SuggahNyerTeeth says:

too bad they didn’t get BNL as the musical guest….That would have been perfect!

10. mey says:

exciteddddd :D :D :D

11. Jeff says:

Meh – Parsons isn’t funny.

12. Bob Johnson says:

Cue the Sheldon opening monologue or sketch in 3…2… So, how many BBT cast members will make a “surprise” appearance?

13. ElenaGreece says:

Can Jim Parsons be really funny outside his comfort zone (I mean the Sheldon part); I’m not sure…I think he’s anxious to prove that he can pull off something else besides the nerdy stereotype he is famous for. He has talent, but I believe he is only good when the writing is good.

14. E Socks says:

I guess I’ll just be pretending SNL is on hiatus for one more week. Though it’s not as if I don’t understand that NBC doesn’t always get NBC-affiliated guests, I take a huge offense to this hosting choice. Why choose the star of a mediocre yet high-performing show on ANOTHER network? Why choose the star of a show that DIRECTLY COMPETES with one of your own network’s struggling comedies? I have a feeling that Joel McHale, Allison Brie, Donald Glover, Chevy Chase, Ken Jeong, Jim Rash, Gillian Jacobs, Dani Pudi, and Yvette Nicole Brown weren’t offered hosting gigs. Why not give the free promo to a show on your own network? You have no problem with throwing any of the Kardashians on Late Night, so why not look in-house if you want a host from an 8 PM Thursday comedy?

Plus, how will any of Parsons’ fans know when there’s a joke without a laugh track?

15. Lorri says:

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
    I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or tips.

Maybe you could write next articles referring to this
    article. I want to read more things about it!

16. Example says:

Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this article.
    It was practical. Keepp on posting!

17. Hi to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are
    pleasant in support of new people.

18. It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to
    this brilliant blog! I guess for now i’ll settle
    for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will share this blog with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!