Bazinga! Jim Parsons to Host Saturday Night Live

Get More: News

Jim Parsons SNL HostLive from New York it’s… Sheldon Cooper!

The Big Bang Theory‘s Jim Parsons has been tapped to host Saturday Night Live when it returns from its mini-hiatus on March 1, TVLine has confirmed.

PHOTOS | Saturday Night Live: 15 Dream Hosts

Beck will serve as musical guest.

This will mark Parsons’ official SNL debut, although the multiple Emmy winner kinda-sorta made a cameo back in December (see below).

Comments (21)

• Awesome news!!!!!

Comment by Lindsey – February 13, 2014 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good. I’m interested to see what he can do outside of Sheldon.

Comment by flutiefan – February 13, 2014 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go to YouTube and type in “Jim Parsons Harvey.” You will see plenty of videos of his work on Broadway.

Comment by Aimee – February 14, 2014 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news, it will be interesting to see how Parsons does, as well as the new weekend update host.

Comment by Mike R. – February 13, 2014 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited about the news as well as Colin Jost who will be making his Weekend Update debut when SNL returns after the Olympics (March 1st).

Comment by Tran 2.0 – February 13, 2014 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as he is given decent material, he will do fine

Comment by Mariah – February 13, 2014 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Too much to hope that the TBBT script-writers are also guesting?

Comment by cuius – February 13, 2014 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god for the PVR! I can skip all the sketches he’s in and just watch Beck and the pretaped segments.

Comment by erin – February 13, 2014 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Growing up I saw him in several shows when he was in undergrad at the University of Houston and he was always had great comedic timing, I hope he really gets a chance to shine.

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – February 13, 2014 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks for posting that! This makes me more hopeful! :-)

Comment by TV Gord – February 13, 2014 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!

Comment by Kaycee – February 13, 2014 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to this. I think he’s one of those guys who will have great energy, even if the writing is lacking (and let’s face it, even on the best shows there are a couple sketches that are lacking). I hope they give him a chance to sing. The little bit in The Muppets wasn’t enough for me. :)

Comment by JLK – February 13, 2014 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • too bad they didn’t get BNL as the musical guest….That would have been perfect!

Comment by SuggahNyerTeeth – February 13, 2014 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • exciteddddd :D :D :D

Comment by mey – February 14, 2014 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh – Parsons isn’t funny.

Comment by Jeff – February 14, 2014 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cue the Sheldon opening monologue or sketch in 3…2… So, how many BBT cast members will make a “surprise” appearance?

Comment by Bob Johnson – February 14, 2014 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Jim Parsons be really funny outside his comfort zone (I mean the Sheldon part); I’m not sure…I think he’s anxious to prove that he can pull off something else besides the nerdy stereotype he is famous for. He has talent, but I believe he is only good when the writing is good.

Comment by ElenaGreece – February 14, 2014 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I’ll just be pretending SNL is on hiatus for one more week. Though it’s not as if I don’t understand that NBC doesn’t always get NBC-affiliated guests, I take a huge offense to this hosting choice. Why choose the star of a mediocre yet high-performing show on ANOTHER network? Why choose the star of a show that DIRECTLY COMPETES with one of your own network’s struggling comedies? I have a feeling that Joel McHale, Allison Brie, Donald Glover, Chevy Chase, Ken Jeong, Jim Rash, Gillian Jacobs, Dani Pudi, and Yvette Nicole Brown weren’t offered hosting gigs. Why not give the free promo to a show on your own network? You have no problem with throwing any of the Kardashians on Late Night, so why not look in-house if you want a host from an 8 PM Thursday comedy?

Plus, how will any of Parsons’ fans know when there’s a joke without a laugh track?

Comment by E Socks – February 18, 2014 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
    I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or tips.

Maybe you could write next articles referring to this
    article. I want to read more things about it!

Comment by Lorri – March 11, 2014 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this article.
    It was practical. Keepp on posting!

Comment by Example – March 24, 2014 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are
    pleasant in support of new people.

Comment by bitcoin generator – March 30, 2014 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post