Exclusive: Army Wives Farewell Special Gets a Title, Airdate — Plus, Find Out Who's Taking Part

Get More: Exclusive, Finales

army-wives-cancelledLifetime will honorably discharge Army Wives next month with a two-hour farewell retrospective featuring many of the show’s original castmembers, Kim Delaney included.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Army Wives: A final Salute will air Sunday, March 16 at 9/8c and include interviews with Delaney, Sally Pressman, Brigid Brannagh, Wendy Davis, Sterling K. Brown, Brian McNamara, Terry Serpico, Drew Fuller and Jeremy Davidson. (There’s no word on why Catherine Bell is MIA.)

Executive producer Jeff Melvoin and author Tanya Biank, whose book Army Wives was based upon, will also reminisce about their experience working on the show, which concluded its seven-year run last June. The special also features commentary from real-life military wives.

Comments (67)

• Catherine Bell is working on a “The Good Witch” TV series, so maybe that’s why she’s MIA.

Comment by Kaycee – February 12, 2014 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it another movie or a tv series? I just love those movies!

Comment by L – February 12, 2014 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She announced on twitter that a TV adaptation is in the works :) I love them too!

Comment by Kaycee – February 12, 2014 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Awesome news thanks!

Comment by L – February 12, 2014 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why on earth take away a good show like army wives and the client list and put stupid reality show on like honey booboo?

Comment by anita – March 2, 2014 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t know why they are taking a great show off I couldn’t wait for it to come back on there are to many reality shows on pretty soon that will be all that’s on so why watch TV just rent movies.

Comment by kate – March 9, 2014 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s right Army Wives was the best..don’t cancel it…cancel honey boo boo..

Comment by Mary – March 9, 2014 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ain’t that the truth!!!

Comment by jan Brock – March 19, 2014 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad they couldn’t have done a movie.

Comment by Yoko – February 12, 2014 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still gutted that Army Wives was axed :( But looking forward to seeing this & I’m really glad that Kim Delaney was included in it.

Comment by Michelle – February 12, 2014 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i am glad kim delaney was included you can say it wasent her that died it was a look alike give it a happy ending for micheal say she was in the hospital

Comment by helen debruler – March 2, 2014 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that Army Wives is having this retrospective.Now the show’s fans can say goodbye properly.As for why Catherine Bell won’t be on it she might have had a prior commitment or something personal came up.

Comment by Andrew Hass – February 12, 2014 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever

Happened to Kim delaney’s medical examiner program, is it on hiatus or cancelled or moved to another network??

Comment by Lori – February 12, 2014 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe you’re thinking of Dana Delaney in Body of Proof. That was cancelled.

Comment by Tom – February 12, 2014 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Catherine couldn’t be there because her schedule didn’t allow it. A fan asked her on Twitter and she mentioned that she had a full schedule the day of filming and was unable to attend.

Comment by Danielle – February 12, 2014 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, but I’m not buying it. She didn’t’t have time to even make a short clip saying how much she loved doing the show and wishing she could be at the reunion? That is really hard to believe.

Comment by Bill – March 16, 2014 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • REALLY—come on she should have been included—she deserved to be there and arrangements should have been made to interview her and splice it in. Kim Delaney got fired and was included—seems like an insult to me!

Comment by judi lynne denonn – March 16, 2014 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was looking forward to Army Wives to return, and felt like I was apart of them. I remember when my husband was in the services. I will miss and send best wishes, and thank you for the retrospective.

Comment by Lydia Green – February 12, 2014 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad the producers of The Glades don’t love their fan base as much…..

Comment by Ethel – February 12, 2014 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree I loved The Glades and the way it ended and then not coming back even for a movie is a real bummer. I was really hoping for a final “show” for Army Wives but I guess I’ll have to settle for watching the interviews of the stars. I was an avid Army Wives fan.

Comment by Kristi – February 12, 2014 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the Glades – like wanting Ziva back on NCIS I WANT GLADES BACK bad mistake A&E

Comment by Sugarland – February 12, 2014 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would had preferred a two hour movie showing the characters settled in and happy in their new lives.

Comment by Nikki Lentz – February 12, 2014 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. pissed the way it ended.

Comment by Laura B – February 13, 2014 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Matt Passmore be appearing in a show this year

Comment by Polly Bryant – February 12, 2014 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Army Wives. I was hoping they would have made a two hour movie to bring everything to a close. I am glad they are at least doing something to close out the show. I miss Army Wives,it was my favorite Sunday night show.Good-bye Army Wives!!

Comment by Patricia Bushman – February 12, 2014 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched all 7 seasons of Army Wives and it was one of my favorite dramas, even though it was a soap geared mostly towards women. I think the show ended fine with closure after season 7. There was really nothing more to be explored with these characters.

Comment by Don J – February 12, 2014 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so kids are there, especially Katelyn Pippy (Emmalin Holden). She was my favorite of all the kids. Hopefully Cornell would her out for this.

Comment by Tiffany – February 12, 2014 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks very pleasing to the eyes too, I personally liked the blue
    and the silver color of this digital camera. Although, it has a compact
    body, it can still compete the zooming of long length cameras.
    I put it on the macro setting and received near a bee pollinating the flower, and truthfully
    it seems to be prefer it belongs in a magazine.

Comment by powershot a2500 – February 12, 2014 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Army Wives

Comment by PPR Infotech – February 12, 2014 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish there were another season but glad we will have this.

Comment by Bobby Johnson – February 12, 2014 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good day I am so glad I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I
    was browsing on Bing for something else, Regardless I am here
    now and would just like to say kudos for a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic b.

Comment by Dodgem telecharger le film – February 13, 2014 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if the retrospective is going to just focus on the first six season since there is no mention of any of the actresses that appeared as new characters in the final season (or Gloria and Jackie who first appeared in season six)? I must admit I didn’t expect to like it as much once they attempted the “reboot” last season but I quickly learned to like those characters and would have liked to have seen the show continue telling their stories.

Comment by Tim – February 13, 2014 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ironic though that TVLine chooses to use a photo of the ladies from the seventh season (minus Brooke Shields and Wendy Davis) and none of the ladies in the photo are appearing in the retrospective.

Comment by Tim – February 13, 2014 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Control window goes hand in hand with the sound windows; use it for the controls and some visualizations.

Just as LED and LCD TVs took the High Definition marketplace
    by storm there will be newcomers to vie for the crown of king
    of the HDTV. (and with Amazon’s 30 Day no cost return policy you are pretty much able to do this with
    no worries).

Comment by sony sound bar – February 13, 2014 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the show ended just fine the way it did. No need for a retrospective farewell show at all.

Comment by Kelly – February 16, 2014 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At first I was so disappointed in the ‘flash backs’ but the more I watched it, the better I felt about it. That show was meant to give recognition to the wives left behind and it did just that (and here I thought it was to entertain us!) I was an Army Wife fan, big time. We had our own little fan club (friends and family from Las Vegas, Alabama, N Carolina to Ohio) and we’d keep in touch via email as to what we thought would happen next; you’d think we were teenagers but most of us are/were 50 to 75 yrs old. We salute all our military and have learned to appreciate their wives more today thanks to Army Wives. God Bless All You.

Comment by Kip Morrissette – March 17, 2014 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that sucks i love the show.. why cancel the good shows cancel the stupid show instead.

Comment by nichole – February 19, 2014 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they are canceling Army Wives! I just finished a marathon run from season 4 through season 7 in one weeks time so I’d be ready for it to start again!! I had missed several episodes way way back and kinda go out of watching it but always thought about it. So I caught up! It seems all for nothing. Depressing.

Comment by Karen – February 22, 2014 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Army wives. The new wives were starting to have their story lines developed. Brooks story line was getting better. Maybe there will be a reunion with all the cast one day. 21 gun salute and taps for the final farewell.

Comment by Sandy – February 23, 2014 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what channel will this be on?

Comment by levon – February 26, 2014 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM SO BUMMED THAT THIS IS IT. IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF THE GOOD SHOWS, FAMILY SHOWS ARE BEING CANCELLED THIS YEAR. IT’S HARD TO FIND A SHOW THESE DAYS THAT YOU CAN RELATE TO. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME SEE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MILITARY. MY DAUGHTERR IS AN ARMY WIFE, THE SHOW BROUGHT UNDERSTANDING TO ME AND MY FAMILY.

Comment by SHARON – February 28, 2014 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will miss the show, being a military spouse , I enjoyed the show alot .I also have to say NOT everything in REAL military life was like they made it seem . Especially the FRG stuff, they made it look easy and that everyone was caring towards others, enlisted was always treated nicely and cared about, something that doesn’t always happen in REAL military life..i sure wish we all had a Claudia Joy to step up and support us and help us .And the love and friendship they showed was the best, Love the cast and will miss them all. Best wishes to all.

Comment by jamie graves – March 2, 2014 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They all will be missed they should make another series

Comment by Lisa – February 28, 2014 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was going to be a movie and not retrospective of what I’ve already watched. :(

Comment by Cindy – March 5, 2014 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She will be sorely missed, but I wish her and her family the best of luck in any future ventures. Change is the added occasion to the constants of life ; death and taxes. ~ Sad sometimes, but necessary for both the actors /actresses ,producers, directors, and all concerned to explore and develop their abilities and dreams. Catherine is a class act and will add energy and interest to whatever she sets her mind to.

Comment by Bill Wilson Sr. – March 6, 2014 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watching Lifetime again. Our kids are subject too nasty crap and we finally get a good family show and they cancel it. Lifetime needs to rethink after all these post. I’m so upset!!!

Comment by Debbie Etter – March 7, 2014 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is wrong with LIfetime? They had an excellent show in Army Wives and now it’s cancelled? I’ve been sooooo looking forward to the new season and now there is none. WHY? Why does Lifetime and all the stations always cancel the really good shows and then put on idiotic reality shows? I’m so sick of this.

Comment by Glenda – March 9, 2014 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe another good show cancelled. So hard to find decent shows these days. I was just checking to see when army wives would be starting again and find out you’ve given up on it. Got my granddaughter who’s husband is in the army hooked on it and it’s cancelled. So disappointed.

Comment by Linda – March 9, 2014 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! That is really sad news. Been watching it since episode one and have spent many hours with them laughing, crying, hoping as I waited for my husband to return from deployments. Really sad to see it go, but guess I can cancel my preferred/ extended cablecable now, since I won’t need the lifetime channel anymore. Best of luck to everybody that was on the show and the producers! Awesome work!

Comment by Armywife – March 10, 2014 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Army Wives & Dance Mom’s and they keep Dance Moms…..something is very wrong with this network for keeping trash over class.

Comment by Shawna McKinney – March 11, 2014 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shawna – You are absolutely correct!! Trash over Class – what a shame on lifetime’s part. One network we’ve counted on for good quality programming, not so much any more. I don’t find that screaming obnoxious dance instructor, good quality television! Army Wives will be missed, I’ve been addicted since the show started. I too, have laughed, cried and done both at the same time. I think other networks should be paying attention to all the comments and blogs. Lifetimes loss, could be another networks gain!

Comment by Chris – March 12, 2014 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so agree

Bad Call

Comment by cathy esposito – March 19, 2014 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so true

Comment by cathy esposito – March 19, 2014 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to watch Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network a lot, but with Lifetime cancelling Army Wives, one of the best series on the air, and LMN now doing more one hour reality shows or whatever they deem to put on there , I have all but stopped watching those two networks. Reality shows need to go, not a decent series that was very accurate in it’s depiction of military dependents lives. Being a former military wife, it brought back the close friendships developed with other wives on base through the years. Sorry to hear this show has been cancelled without really giving it a proper storyline ending. Lifetime-You messed up big time on this one.

Comment by Karen – March 15, 2014 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Catherine Bell? I hate they are taking the show off.

Comment by Jeri – March 16, 2014 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like everyone, I am NOT happy that Army Wives is cancelled. I DO think that Catherine Bell should have been on the show last night. Also, it would be nice to see what has happened with all the primary children on the program. There could be a special just on them or all of the cast and what they are doing NOW (including their families, etc.). There is still MORE you can do with Army Wives..Comment by Sue- March 17, 2014.

Comment by Sue – March 17, 2014 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will miss army wives. So nice to see Charleston used for good TV instead of making series that make southerners look like uneducated and rude people.

Comment by Frances Butlèr – March 17, 2014 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will there be a repeat of the last show or at least on Itune???? I didn’t know it was going to be on and missed it.

Comment by Luan – March 17, 2014 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show could have continued for years by bringing in other new army wife actresses. They were off to a good start in season 7. The fan base would have adjusted to new wives and story lines. For example, I am the wife of an army warrant officer. They could have brought on a warrant officer’s wife and explored that rank a little, which they never did. I’m very disappointed that Lifetime thinks we would rather watch witches, a diva in someone else’s body, and sexy maids who get ahead by sleeping around. Honey Boo Boo is on another network (not Lifetime). But Lifetime does seem to be going in the same direction.

I watched all seven seasons and did not even finish watching the final salute because it was so disappointing, especially without Catherine Bell. I thought the final episode was going to be like a regular show, bringing closure to the series.

Comment by Pam – March 18, 2014 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im watching now. Kind of boring. I was expecting a movie. Oh well.

Comment by Jen – March 19, 2014 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am disappointed I missed the “final salute” that was on this past week. Any chance it will be shown again?

Comment by Rosemarie Dellacerra – March 21, 2014 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad to lose wonderful believable characters. This show made a difference. So shameful for Lifetime to end it. The finale wasn’t a real finale. Why couldn’t they have had a two hour show and then do the interview show.

Comment by Sherry – March 22, 2014 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Real shame with the trash on that there isn’t room for a quality show. I am a 24 year retired Veteran who is female and was stationed at Charleston AFB for my first assignment. The military details were overall excellent. Every base has differences from every other and even on the same base one unit will not be identical to another. I never had to yell at the TV screen because of stupid portrails on Army Wives. Denise cracked me up with her motorcycle because I rode one and it was definately frowned upon but not against any rule.

Comment by Bobby (Barbara) Johnson – March 22, 2014 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always liked Lifetimebut rarely watch it anymore because of the stupid shows they now have. I was looking forward to more shows with the new characters. There will not be much on Lifetime for me anymore.

Comment by Rheba Nichols – March 26, 2014 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You shouldn’t take off Army Wives because the shows that you have on now except Drop dead diva is the only show i watch now on Lifetime. All the other shows are either stupid or violent. I like romantic shows or comedy like Reba or like country movies. I really like Army Wives why did you cancelled it.

Comment by Joanne Wolf – April 9, 2014 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My name is frank, I live in china! Am 29year old I work as banker, am living happily, but my only problem was my finance, before now she was see another man( 3months ago before we finally got married she was not interested in me any more so I decided to find help my friend told me about this man who gave him solution to his marriage and say to me it will be okay if I visited him so I said okay, I gave it a try and it was successful) now am happy because she has all was been my dream to marry her. It was not easy but at the end it was successful, if you need help too you can also contact him on this email(lordspiritural@gmail.com) promise you, you will be happy you visited, give it a try my friend.

Comment by frank – April 14, 2014 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post