TCM Marathon to Tribute the Late Shirley Temple

Get More: News

Shirley Temple Black TCM TributeTurner Classic Movies will pay tribute to legendary actress Shirley Temple Black, who died Monday night of natural causes at the age of 85, with a movie marathon on Sunday, March 9.

The network will air eight of Temple Black’s films, starting at 4:30/3:30c, including Heidi, Stowaway and The Little Princess.

The complete line-up can be found below:

4:30 pm – Heidi (1937)
6:15 pm – Stowaway (1936)
8 pm – Bright Eyes (1934)
9:30 pm – The Little Princess (1939)
11:15 pm – I’ll Be Seeing You (1944)
12:45 am – The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer (1947)
2:30 am – A Kiss For Corliss (1949)
4:15 am – That Hagen Girl (1947)

“Shirley Temple was a good friend and an extraordinary human being who, after being the most famous person in the world at age 6 and Hollywood’s pint-sized Queen at age 7, grew up to be such a lovely, civic-minded citizen, wife and mother, as well as the U.S. Ambassador to two countries,” said TCM Host Robert Osborne in a statement. “There will never be another one like her.”

Comments (10)

• I wonder if they will air her short subject films in between the features (like Dora’s Dunking Donuts, etc.)

Comment by Brett – February 11, 2014 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a great idea!

Comment by AT – February 11, 2014 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully, they’ll show them in the original black and white.

Comment by bayth – February 11, 2014 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can anyone verify that these movies with be in B&W & not the hideous colorized versions?

Comment by J – February 11, 2014 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Turner Classic Movies policy is NOT to show colorized films. I know this is hard to believe since it was Ted Turner who started the trend to colorize old B&W movies, but this was his mea culpa in launching TCM.

Comment by Barry O'Brien/Oakland – February 11, 2014 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For years, when I was much younger, I thought Shirley and I were the same age. She was my idol, as I am sure she was to a lot of girls that age. Her passing came to me as a shock and I cried. She will always be in my heart…

Comment by Mary Ruth Owens – February 12, 2014 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Younger people are only now finding out that Shirley Temple was a real person, and not just the name of a drink.

Comment by NJMark – February 12, 2014 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TV needs more Shirley Temple and less crime shows!!!

Comment by Marianne Backer – February 17, 2014 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No sleep tonight!Why so late?And why so few?These movies are beautiful.My 20 yr old daughter grew up with them thanks to the dollar store and my love for her.Too bad its not all day.Its sunday-perfect for the kids.They neeeed stuff like this!!!

Comment by diana – March 9, 2014 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We are eastern time zone it’s 12:35 pm but tcm states the listing my parents would like to enjoy this marathon on Shirley black but what time would they get it here in GA.? Thank you!!! Plz answer ASAP

Comment by Deborah – March 9, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post