24 Scoop: Fallen Game of Thrones Matriarch Michelle Fairley to Live Another Day

Suits Season 3 Cast Michelle FairleyDearly departed Game of Thrones actress Michelle Fairley has joined the cast of 24: Live Another Day, Fox’s 12-episode Jack Bauer revival (premiering May 5), TVLine has learned.

VIDEO | 24: Live Another Day: Watch the First Promo

Fairley will play the recurring role of Margot, a British national and the widow of a notorious terrorist. She replaces Judy Davis, who dropped out for personal reasons.

The London-based event series picks up years later with Jack, now an exile, being tracked by CIA operations head Steve Harris (Benjamin Bratt), agent Kaye Morgan (Yvonne Strahovski), computer tech Jordan Reed (Giles Matthey) and field operative Erik Ritter (Gbenga Akinnagbe).

1. Command says:

GLORIOUS NEWS!

2. F.R. says:

24, Howard Gordon, London…

Add Damian Lewis to 24’s cast!

3. Steven says:

This is A-MAH-ZING news! She was terrific on Suits last year as well.

4. Steven says:

Is GoT Season 4 done filming yet? Anyone know?

5. Larry McD says:

SPOILER ALERT: This is HUGE news for Game fans since I think most of us expected that her contract to continue into the next couple of years for reasons I won’t go into here.

• gdv says:

Games S4 has already finished shooting. S5 doesn’t start shooting until this summer. She probably has time to do both. Unless the show is taking a very different direction than the books.

• Joey says:

I can’t see that the show would take that much of a different direction. I mean, it’s a pretty important role and interweaves with a lot of other characters.

• unclelawwy says:

IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE BOOKS DON’T READ THIS POST: Most of the websites I’ve searched indicate that she’s not in season 4 at all and she has no announced obligation to season 5. Certainly she has every right to work in the interim but it’s a little concerning since I (and perhaps only I) had thought that by the end of season 4 her return would, at least, be seriously foreshadowed.

• Hannah says:

I don’t think the character we’re all thinking about needs to be a regular, so she must be free to do smth else.

• unclelawwy says:

Since season 4 is in the can, if she’s not a regular in season 5, it’s going to significantly change the focus of the story. Frankly, I’d speculate that they’re going to continue to direct the primary story line to Daenerys rather than the invasion of the north.

• Aoki Rin says:

Not really – if you’ve read books 4 and 5 then you’d know that she does not return as a regular and her story is limited to two appearances (the epilogue of book 3 and the final Brienne chapter in book 4). As such, she would merely be a special guest star in the subsequent seasons unless the powers that be decide to flesh out her story as UnCat…which I don’t think they should do as it would be expensive to do the make up for and ruin the mystery of the character’s radical personality shift. Teases of her exploits and vicious “judgments” of the Frays would work but giving her a regular plotline wouldn’t work nearly as well given her only drive is vengeance.

• Drewer says:

Yeah I don’t think there would be overlap or scheduling conflicts, 24 is only a 12 ep mini-series and her role is recurring. She has plenty of time to do both.

• anabbloggin says:

I have no idea how things work in the world of making series, but considering the RW was nailed in two takes (final takes), and considering that Stoneheart has very little to do other than scare the living crap out of us and kill a few Freys, I would think it is doable.

Let’s say the first time we se her is through Nymeria’s POV: a woman’s corpse laying in the mud in the edge of a river. She is belly-down, we cannot see her face. No need for Michelle there. This could happen in any episode of season 4.

If they ended season 4 with her hanging a Frey, as in the third book, it would be an amazing ending! I was O_O when I read it and think it would be so so cool to have the season end this way! And it is only one appearance in one episode, how time consuming can that be? One week? Two? Should be doable, no?

My only doubt is that they seem to be moving really swiftly this season. Will they do Brienne’s bit as it was in the books? If so, it works out. Hopefully she goes to the Quiet Isle and see’s the Gravedigger! She’d have plenty of things to do until she meets Stoneheart in season 5. It also works for Jaime: He gives Brienne Oathkeeper, has his hot scene with Cersei, he helps Tyrion out, he tries to learn how to fight again, he goes off to sort the Tully problems, until he meets Stoneheart in season 5.

What annoys me with this is that we will probably learn what happens to Jaime and Brienne before WoW comes out! Kinda sucks for me.

6. Ellie says:

Great addition to the cast, Michelle is an amazing actress!

7. GREAT news! First Sarah Walker joining and NOW Catelyn Stark?!?! Can’t wait!!!

8. David says:

Epic! I can’t wait to see her as a villain!

9. hopefully she doesn’t get killed in a red (white and blue) wedding….

10. rodrigoaurich says:

This just makes it clear to me that there is not Lady Stoneheart in 4th season of GoT!

• Michael says:

are you daft and actor can work on 2 shows. And LS role is not that big in season 4 anyway but will increase with Brienne and Jaime interaction. Noway can they cut LS out of the show. It would be an outrage and they have to rewrite Brienne and Jaime’s storyline

11. Apples says:

Loved her in Suits. I don’t think her role here has much influence on how much or little of her we’ll see in GoT.

12. Steve S says:

Is Tony coming back? He’s gotta be there to kick some butt!

13. Bring Back Tony says:

Who cares about some fantasy show called Game of Thrones?? 24 is real. (lol)

14. Mikael says:

Live Another Day is a short season and who knows if 24 will still keep coming back. I’m sure there will potential for her to go back to GOT. The writers wouldn’t change the story THAT much.

15. R.O.B. says:

This is a genius concept – I am guessing 24:LAD will get huge ratings and we’ll see truncated seasons going forward. I hope we get to see some crazy, kneecapping TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS Jack Bauer again. Then bring Cranston is as the big bad next season.

16. Jeannette says:

I really love to watch Game of Thrones and Two and a Half Men as well as documentaries about anything astronomical.
    Games have been using the formula repeatedly and it has worked to charm gamers into
    buying the sequels. If you persuade a lord to defect or you make a companion into a vassal
    you will need to grant them lands of their own to keep them
    happy.