'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Big Bang, Castle, Arrow, Reign and Other Shows Are Faring

Figure skating, freestyle skiing and snowboarding weren’t the only things taking over the TV landscape last week. In the last seven days, we saw more unexpected kisses, crazy exes and heartbreaking goodbyes than we could wrap our heads around!

To help you process it all, we’ve compiled a new ‘Ship Shape, a recurring feature in which TVLine provides you with the latest developments for TV’s hottest duos — and then offers our forecast for each pairing.

RELATED | Who is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

Don’t see your favorite love match represented here? Give ‘em a shout out below and maybe they’ll merit a mention the next go-around.

And with that said, this ‘ship is about to set sail, so click through the gallery below and hop aboard!

Comments (62)

• Trudy should be number 1 or two as far as Ted’s top girlfriends.

Comment by Joel – February 10, 2014 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Trudy was awesome, but she was really just a one night stand, yes?

Comment by wordsmith – February 10, 2014 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Or might Johanna have left something behind for her little girl?” From your mouth to Andrew Marlowes ears. I have a feeling that the dress is really spectacular IRL, but the way it shows on television and in photos is hideous. Besides, it just isn’t Kate. Kate’s dress should be simple, classic, and elegant. Sorry, that dress is prom queen gone wrong. I’m still hoping that they realize that they have the perfect venue already, the house in the Hamptons, of course! At this point though, I would be happy with a stop over at the JP on their lunch break if it just wouldn’t get interrupted.

Comment by Carolina – February 10, 2014 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Jamey – February 10, 2014 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you about the Hampton’s house.

Comment by Miriam Maurer – February 10, 2014 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree too. As much as I would love a big wedding if it means her wearing that dress then no. Justice of the Peace, the court house or Mayor’s office, or Vegas. *Anything* just as long as she’s not wearing that dress! Esssshhhh!

Comment by grey – February 10, 2014 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! Get this girl some Vera Wang!

Comment by Penn – February 10, 2014 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Here,here for a Vera Wang and the beach house.

Comment by lame – February 10, 2014 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty sure that this won’t be the wedding dress..something is bound to come up to change Kate’s mind. It’s either already in the script of a future episode or Andrew Marlowe is at least considering the overwhelming negative response from the fans..he certainly tries to do justice to the fans (except perhaps when he made a terrible hash of things in making Kate kiss some ‘rich guy’ in S5!).

Comment by Rich Abey – February 13, 2014 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uuuuuuuugh at Oliver/Sara.

Comment by Juliana Carvalho – February 10, 2014 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s better than Laurel

Comment by Riana – February 10, 2014 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree! I wish Laurel would just disappear!

Comment by Poppy – February 10, 2014 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That would be wonderful.

Comment by Lena – February 10, 2014 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Better maybe but no less dysfunctional. The soapiness and complexity between the Lance sisters and Oliver is cringe-worthy at this point.
        Frankly IMO after this, any possibility of endgame romance with either Lance sister is out and considering how completely impossible it is for me to be relate to either woman’s feelings concerning Oliver, I’m glad.

Comment by Georgia D – February 10, 2014 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Absolutely. I know Oliver and Sara getting together seems to have caused a major meltdown in the fandom this week, but I am 100% fine with it, probably because A) I loathe Laurel and so couldn’t care less what she thinks about it (not to mention that anything that kills Lauriver I will always support) and B) I think it’s way too soon, if ever, for anything serious to happen with Olicity. I love Sara, I think she’s awesome, and I’m perfectly fine with them being together for now, even though I don’t see it lasting long-term.

Comment by JC – February 10, 2014 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Arrow mythology portends the demise of Sara, or is that not written in stone?

Comment by lame – February 10, 2014 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sara doesn’t even exist in the Green Arrow comics, so no, it’s not set in stone. A lot of people speculate that she will die so that her sister can take over the Black Canary role, since Laurel has the comics name but it’s just speculation. I don’t think it’s as much of a sure thing as everyone else seems to. But then I loathe Laurel and love Sara so my opinion is biased.

Comment by JC – February 10, 2014 03:37 PM PDT
          • If we’re going by mythology, Thea, Diggle, and Moira would be dead and Felicity would be uninvolved

Comment by Riana – February 10, 2014 08:30 PM PDT
    • Yeah, it was a bit… Random to say the least. I guess we can put the kiss down to adrenaline or something because that was some baddd timing otherwise.

Comment by MM9 – February 10, 2014 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eh, they’re both selfish idiots with decent chemistry, so it kind of works for me. Oliver needs to be less of a demanding, controlling jerk before they hook him up with Felicity, but Sara/Black Canary can match him for it.

Comment by xx – February 10, 2014 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blood-orange sunset for “Elena” and Stefan? How pretentious, it’s F!@#@! red.

Comment by Wouter – February 10, 2014 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can Katherine stay forever please? Elena is not needed.

Comment by +1 – February 10, 2014 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No they need to find that knife and get Katherine out of her.

Comment by Riana – February 10, 2014 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch quite a few of these but the only couple I care about on here is Emmett and Bay. I wish they could move past Emmett’s cheating. Trust is soooo hard to get back though.

Comment by tp – February 10, 2014 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, plus Ty lying about cheating sure isn’t helping the poor girl’s trust issues, but I’m holding out hope that they’ll make it back to eachother

Comment by Allen – February 10, 2014 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh yeah that Ty thing really messed her up.

Comment by tp – February 10, 2014 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know the show is going to put them back together. They have been broken up for over a year and they are still the fan favorite couple. Plus, they spend so much damn time being in love with each other while in other relationships, it’s just inevitable.

Comment by Anna – February 12, 2014 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kudos to TVLine for including Johnlock! Now if only we could get some Destiel up in here…

Comment by Ellie – February 10, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I ship olicity but sara is at least better than laurel

Comment by phuong – February 10, 2014 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why wasn’t Robin listed as one of Ted’s top girlfriends? Am I missing something but she’s the one that this entire journey started with and he’s still pining for her.

Comment by Khaatim – February 10, 2014 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was Robin’s list.

Comment by John NYC – February 10, 2014 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The big dramatic punchline, which they forgot to state here, is that at the end Ted rejects the list and says that his list of top girlfriends begins and ends with Robin. (Awwww…) But that he knows it’s time to let her go, because he loves her and Barney too much to stand in their way (Awwww…)

Comment by wordsmith – February 10, 2014 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gary Carr plays an American on Downton Abbey, but he’s not really African-American, he’s British.

Comment by travelbug75 – February 10, 2014 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Read it again. They say the character is A/A not the actor portraying him.

Comment by Stormy – February 10, 2014 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is definitely the first African American character on the show, but isn’t he also the first Black character, period? American or otherwise?

Comment by wordsmith – February 10, 2014 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, on Downton he’s the first. He’s based on a real life person named Leslie Hutchinson. I know people were going ‘oh Jack’s just a gimmick, a token person of color’ but he’s not. This can’t end well when two characters trying to have a relationship are named Jack and Rose can it? On a show that started with a telegram about the sinking of the Titanic? Both names are common enough, but I just found it funny. I wonder if Fellowes realized he’d done that.

Comment by Scooby – February 10, 2014 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is funny – I hadn’t thought about that little coincidence.

Comment by wordsmith – February 10, 2014 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I ship Bash and Mary from #Reign. He is not Prince Charming and that’s why he’s perfect for her.

Comment by agnes – February 10, 2014 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I totally ship Bash and Mary! Those eyes! Mmmmm….

Comment by LissaB99 – February 10, 2014 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you’re saying that a Queen deserves someone who is not Prince Charming? How does that make any sense?

Comment by Radha – February 10, 2014 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we NOW get Cat/Gabe from Beauty and the Beast? Now they are probably officially together? XD I asked for it last time and instead got Cat/Vincent -.-

Comment by Kat – February 10, 2014 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad there is no Finchel and there never will be again!

Comment by Maureen – February 10, 2014 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joel and Julia??

Comment by Alison – February 10, 2014 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Parenthood until the end of the month so there’s no progress with the couple.

Comment by Meg – February 10, 2014 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *nods* Victoria so far is easily number one.

Comment by Tom Charles – February 10, 2014 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whe. Is HoD’s Zoe and Wade going to quit this crap and get back together? What’s going to happen with AB and LaVon? They broke my heart last week.

Comment by Mikaela – February 10, 2014 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously. LaVon better be building up to some seriously grand romantic gesture, or he’s dead to me. I’m talking, like, Tom-and-Wanda-Zombie-Proposal level romantic.

Comment by wordsmith – February 10, 2014 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously, right?! I love AB and I want her to be happy. LaVon better get it together or this Yankee is gonna kick some Alabama a$$.

Comment by Mikaela – February 10, 2014 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On Castle, it all comes back to that dress. I thought, okay she was only trying it on because she was asked to, as a favor, but at the end of the episode when she went back to her apartment, there was that big box with a bow on it and I knew what it was. I just cannot believe that this will be the dress, OMG it is hideous looking! I can only hope that her Mom left her a dress she wanted to pass down to her and she comes to her senses and wears that.

Comment by Pat – February 10, 2014 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shamy!!!

Comment by Jacquelyn – February 10, 2014 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Julieete and Avery!

Comment by +1 – February 10, 2014 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JOHN/ASTRID from The Tomorrow People! The last couple of eps have resulted in me officially shipping them.

Comment by Kaitlin – February 10, 2014 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. I can’t stand Cara. Astrid, on the other hand, would be a great match for John.

Comment by Lena – February 10, 2014 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely Cara’s crazy to let John go.

Comment by Dee – February 10, 2014 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Juliette and Avery! My favorite thing about Nashville these days. So, I hope they have continued happiness (at least for the rest of the season *fingers crossed*).
    And I adore Sherlock and Watson. They are amazing.

Comment by Eliza – February 10, 2014 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bemmett need to be together.

Comment by kay – February 10, 2014 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I’m sure this true love couple is looking a little bleak given my favorite Dark One just sacrificed himself, but if you could sweat the writers or producers for Rumbelle info I’d sure appreciate it, it is true love after all :)

Comment by a'serene – February 10, 2014 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought that the dancing scene between Cece and Schimdt was the start of them being friends again.

Comment by steven – February 11, 2014 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be honest, it’s a shame about Sara and Nyssa, and that shocks me. The reason being is that whenever a show goes that route, I tend to lose interest because often times it appears (to me) that they simply want to make a statement — the story doesn’t fit, there is no chemistry, it seems forced, an endless laundry list … This was the FIRST time I didn’t cringe or feel disappointment.

I wasn’t surprised by these two, it was understandable given Sara’s story, beautifully done and the two had chemistry. What’s shocking is that *I* actually see this, and the producers are like “No No No!, it’s not THAT” LOL I am glad we will get to see more of Nyssa when she makes a return visit and I do hope that they explore this, and I do find that shocking, but when it’s done right then I say go for it! Arrow should be applauding themselves and not back tracking.

That being said I will reiterate that the two stand out scenes for me were Felicity vs Moira, and then Felicity’s scene with Oliver at the rally. EBR did an amazing job as did Susanna Thompson and SA. Key points for future episodes perhaps?

I also will say that while the whole episode was fantastic, it failed in the last few minutes. I knew something would happen between Oliver and Sara upon her return, but at this particular time, it came out of left field. I just hope they wrap it up quickly, because I don’t think my stomach can tolerate the baggage ridden story line that is the Lance sisters and Oliver Queen. It seems like a revisit to season 1 which was just not a good thing. Unless of course this is to wrap up the season 1 storyline of the Lance sisters and finally put THAT to bed ;)

Comment by Claire – February 11, 2014 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sure Beckett will not be wearing that dress for the wedding. It is just so not her! I think that the idea of her mother leaving her a dress for her wedding is a brilliant stroke! Will love to see that happen, and the wedding in the Hamptons…perfect!

Comment by Lynn – February 11, 2014 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice list…
    Glad tori is God but hate she is made a martyr and hate she and Vincent were together and he is showing more emotion for her than he has done for Cat all season so annoying…
    Loved the other couples especially Nick and jess and Beckett and Castle