Fox Cancels The X Factor After 3 Seasons

The X Factor CancelledX no longer marks the spot: Fox has cancelled The X Factor after three seasons.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

“I’ve had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on The X Factor and American Idol,” said executive producer and judge Simon Cowell in a statement. “And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public (most of the time!). Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return [for the first time in four years] to the U.K. version of The X Factor in 2014. So for now, I’m back to the U.K. and I want to thank FOX for being an incredible partner and I also want to thank everybody who has supported my shows. America, I’ll see you soon!”

Despite Cowell’s pre-launch promises that The X Factor would be the No. 1 reality singing competition in the U.S., his British import never had the kind of impact he’d hoped.

The Season 3 finale was watched by only 6.2 million people — and scored a 1.7 demo rating — marking year-to-year declines of 36 and 45 percent.

Meanwhile, the show failed to produce a Kelly Clarkson- or Carrie Underwood-level success. Season 1 champ Melanie Amaro’s first three singles flopped, and her debut album never saw the light of day, while Season 2 winner Tate Stevens was also dropped from the Sony label roster after meager sales results.

The show’s spiraling ratings led to a slew of changes during its three-season run. Mentors Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger — as well as host Steve Jones — were axed shortly after Season 1 ended. The addition of Britney Spears and Demi Lovato to the panel in Season 2, however, did little to boost the show’s creative or ratings prognosis.

The show did manage to produce two modest chart successes — groups Fifth Harmony and Emblem3 — and it’s worth noting that promising Season 3 victors Alex & Sierra are still in the studio working on their debut disc.

Thoughts? Are you relieved the ailing patient has finally been euthanized? Post your thoughts/feelings/eulogies below!

Comments (176)

• Not really a surprise.

Comment by Mare – February 7, 2014 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Ginger Snap – February 7, 2014 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I am so sick of all of these singing competition shows and wish they would all go away and take the bachelor, dancing w/ stars, amazing race, big brother and survivor with them. I’m just so over reality TV.

Comment by nikki – February 7, 2014 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes please!

Comment by Ben – February 8, 2014 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because it’s not.

Comment by Ro – February 8, 2014 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t watch then,that’s what I do.I don’t get upset about shows I don’t watch

Comment by Keith – February 8, 2014 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I feel the same way

Comment by Taryn – February 8, 2014 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh yes please!!!

Comment by Linda – February 8, 2014 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree completely. Scripted TV for the win!

Comment by MandaJ – February 8, 2014 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you, Nikki. I do not like reality shows either.

Comment by Stacy Wong – February 8, 2014 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • X-Factor was a hot mess. Too much about the judges and not enough about the talent. And some of the judges were horrible. Plus they buried the singers with overdone productions with way too many dancers and lights and showers of sparks and flaming urns. Assault and battery maybe?

The only thing I did like about X-Factor was the initial auditions were done in front of a large audience. So much better than they way Idol does it up against a wall with a poster.

Comment by Thomas F. Sutton – February 8, 2014 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I still think The Voice does the best job with the audition process.

Comment by Larry – February 8, 2014 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • excuse the all caps but….
        I AGREE ! ! ! !
        I AGREE ! ! ! !
        I AGREE ! ! ! !

Comment by Keith – March 11, 2014 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This proves that popularity on all of these shows (singing) does not relate to commercial success…it is time to get back to more substantive, quality Television Programming.!!!

Comment by GAB1 – February 9, 2014 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon be honest.
    The show was horrific in every way imaginable. I don’t see what was so hard about making it similar to the UK but you ruined it for yourself when you made everything about being some useless good looking act with barely any singing prowess.

Comment by Kaba – February 7, 2014 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I could “fave” your comment, I’d do so until the button wore out.

Comment by GrumpyOl'Lady – February 8, 2014 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This news gets 2 thumbs up from me!

Comment by Elyse – February 7, 2014 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally.

Comment by evanovich – February 7, 2014 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Selfishly, I’m hoping this helps Idol in the long run. I’ve always felt having the X-Factor on made Idol less special to the Fox brand, and Idol, for all its many faults, has discovered genuine superstars over the years.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – February 7, 2014 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!

Comment by Sarah – February 7, 2014 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And actually, in my view, has far fewer faults than the other singing competitions (especially X-Factor). I am really enjoying watching Idol once again this year, while many of last years X Factor eps are on my DVR, will watch one day.

Comment by Ben – February 7, 2014 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that explains why he announced earlier today that he’s going to be doing US X Factor again this year. Thought it was a bit early to get that confirmation as we normally only hear about who’s going to be judging nearer to Summer just before they do the auditions

Comment by Katie T – February 7, 2014 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wasn’t sure. I thought maybe they said they’d renew it if he wasn’t a judge, but I guess not. I kind of expected this, I just didn’t expect it until May.

Comment by Percysowner – February 7, 2014 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked X Factor and thought it got a bad rap. The Voice honestly has become over complicated and having it on multiple times of the year is a mistake. The real problem is that X FACTOR and The Voice haven’t really created stars like Idol. At this point Fox should throw some money at Simon and have him rejoin Idol.

Comment by David – February 7, 2014 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That horse has left the barn. Simon is not returning to Idol, especially since he’s suing the other Simon. Also, it’s not about creating stars on The Voice (even the producers have said this), it’s about ratings.

Comment by Nedsdag – February 7, 2014 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And honestly, Idol doesn’t need Simon any more. It needs to move on.

Comment by Ben – February 7, 2014 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Voice is catching on. I think Cassadee Pope could be a huge crossover star if she got promoted to pop radio. She’s coming off a top 10 country hit.

Comment by Riana – February 7, 2014 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah…just what we need…more country singers singing pop instead of country. More crap like Taylor Swift. Please never apply for a job in the music industry, Riana.

Comment by Matt – February 8, 2014 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The voice will always be third-rate as long as it focuses on the judges. Even with all the pimping the NBC affiliate did here in Houston with last seasons winner FROM Houston… I can’t even remember her name. I only watched her on dvr. I hate the voice too.

Comment by TigerjagAgain (@TigerjagAgain) – February 14, 2014 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I agree that some of The Voice’s minor tweaks haven’t succeeded (i.e. Instant Save), I think the twice-a-year schedule actually works in its favor. By the time the next season of Idol rolls around (7-8 months later!), I’ve practically forgotten it! And now with X Factor out of the way, Season 7 (Fall 2014) will go “unopposed.”

Comment by DJ – February 7, 2014 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heaven forbid! Idol does not need Simon. The current Idol judging panel with Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban is wonderful. Simon’s self-indulgent snarkiness has no place there. I don’t imagine Simon would want to go back anyway. But if somehow he did, it would be a great blow to the show.

Comment by marie – February 8, 2014 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree Idol does not need Simon but when they decide to end Idol’s run, I would like to see a reunion with the original judges and all the idol winners and 2nd place contestants back to send a proper series ending.

Comment by Mary – February 10, 2014 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good riddance to Simon. He was SO full of himself, I celebrated when he left Idol. Idol has definitely struggled in recent years, but I think this year the judges are very good – especially Harry Connick Jr. Simon would ruin Idol now.

Comment by Laura – February 9, 2014 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NOOOOOO! I always hated Simon on Idol, so I never watched a full episode of the X-Factor, just a few youtube clips. Idol is good this year with Jennifer, Harry & Keith. They are good judges and strike a good balance with their comments. No more being mean just because I can Simon. He can go back to the UK and stay!

Comment by TigerjagAgain (@TigerjagAgain) – February 14, 2014 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Idol would be great again if Simon was there!!

Comment by Judy Wampole – March 27, 2014 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And this is why FOX should have scored Thursday Night Football instead of CBS.

Comment by lll – February 7, 2014 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God.

Comment by Bridget – February 7, 2014 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No surprise there. Too much X-travaganza.

Comment by Mik – February 7, 2014 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m shocked! I didn’t think FOX would go through with it. This means they have to come up with three hours of programming. I don’t think it helps Idol in any way because more people are looking forward to The Voice, which for me has surpassed Idol.

TBTH, FOX could’ve saved itself a lot of money if they had called Simon’s bluff when he threatened to talk to another network about XF.

Comment by Nedsdag – February 7, 2014 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Voice hasnt produced the stars Idol has so it can definitely be argued that its not really successful until it does. Also Voice has become too complicated with saving multiple contestants multiple times and them switching mentors. I’ll be curious to see what Fox ends up replacing X Factor with though. I would think they have a plan of some kind.

Comment by David – February 7, 2014 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As a TV show the Voice is hugely successful and has basically saved the NBC network!! Whetther it has produced a star is a moot point! It is a television show and has successful television ratings. That is all that matters!! Credibility means nothing in television! Only money and ratings!

Comment by Jason – February 7, 2014 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Friends of mine are looking forward to The Voice due to the judges which is why you are seeing the love fest on Idol. Don’t get me wrong, Idol has produced more stars, but let’s face it, the time is now and The Voice is show with the buzz (and the Emmy, something Idol has never won). Plus, it’s premiering after the Olympics so NBC will be promoting the heck out of it for two weeks.

Comment by Nedsdag – February 7, 2014 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YOu do realize the VOICE and these other shows are TV SHOWS produced by NETWORKS to get RATINGS to generate advertising dollars and therefore PROFIT. Creating a star has nothing to do with it…That is a nice by product but not the job of producers (which aren’t record labels or producers). The shows are about providing entertainment and getting eyeballs to watch. What happens after? No one cares except for bloggers.

Hopefully this doesnt affect Alex & Sierra but do you think Kevin Reilly cares what happens to them or how many records they sell? NOPE.

Comment by Dakota – February 7, 2014 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When is the last time that Idol produced a “star”? They produce a singer with some commercial success for a season or 2, but they quickly fade into the background.

Over the last 5 years, I would say Idol has been about as successful as The Voice. Phil Phillips got a bump because of The Olympics, but what has he done lately? Candace Glover is being mishandled, unfortunately.

None of these shows are about producing a star. They’re about selling ads for the networks. On that basis, Idol and The Voice are equal. But The Voice is more entertaining and Idol is just rehashing an old formula. They try to cover it by getting new judges every year or two, but it is still the same old tired formula – the same one The X Factor was using.

Frankly, I’m burned out on audition shows. The Voice keeps that to a minimum, and for that I’m grateful. With Hulu, Daily Motion and YouTube, you can keep your total viewing time for a 2 hour episode to about 15 minutes. And 15 minutes is about right for these shows.

Comment by g – February 7, 2014 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There have only been 2 seasons of Idol without a contestant with more commercial success than Cassadee Pope. That includes last season where no one has released an album yet. The other is season 9 where the top 3 all have careers in the industry but arguably Cassadee’s hit single trumps anything from them.
          That being said, I think Cassadee’s level of success is more than enough to make it a viable show in terms of having contestants that can launch a career from the show.
          X-factor has also had its successes with the likes of Fifth Harmony, Emblem 3, Chris Renee, and maybe a few others. It’s not being cancelled because the performers have not been even more successful after the show. It is being cancelled because it was largely a train wreck production with terrible judges and too many dancers. One or two good performances a week is not enough to get people to tune in for hours of programming a week.

Comment by tealeaves – February 8, 2014 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I hear Phillip Phillips songs all of the time. I have YET to hear a Cassady Pope song.

Comment by Leah Hoffman – February 8, 2014 10:05 AM PDT
          • Yes, Phil Phillip’s song is huge. It’s one of the biggest hits of the past couple of years. It’s also sold more than Kelly Clarkson’s Stronger, making it the best selling single from any Idol contestant.
            To date, there have only been 2 seasons of Idol where no contestant has gone platinum. That’s season 9 and last season.
            Season 1. Kelly Clarkson (albums and singles) . . . 2. Ruben Studdard (album) . . . 2. Clay Aiken (albums) . . . 3, Fantasia (album) . . . 4, Carrie Underwood (albums and singles) . . . 5, Chris Daughtry (albums and singles) . . . 6. Jordin Sparks (album and singles) . . . 7. David Cook (album and singles). . . 7. David Archuleta (single). . . 8. Kris Allen (single). . . 8. Adam Lambert (single). . . 10. Scotty McCreery (album) . . . 11. Phillip Phillips (album and singles)
            I was comparing Cassadee Pope to the top 3 from season 9, which is Lee DeWyze, Crystal Bowersox, and Casey James. Other than last season, season 9 is the one and only Idol season where no one went platinum. Also, no one has gone gold from season 9. Cassadee is the most successful Voice contestant so far. Her single Wasting All These Tears is gold. I don’t know how many albums she has sold. But arguably even if she has sold less albums than Crystal or Lee, the gold single could qualify her as have more success.
            I don’t think anyone could argue that The Voice is in any way similar to Idol in terms of recording success. The most successful Voice season, in terms of sales, has just one contestant who is only more successful than anyone from the least successful idol season.

Comment by tealeaves – February 8, 2014 01:36 PM PDT
          • I thought Chris Mann was pretty stressful.

Comment by KarenBlake – February 8, 2014 04:53 PM PDT
          • Darn, I forgot to list Elliott Yamin’s ^^^^. From Season 5 of Idol, Elliott Yamin also has a platinum single. Sorry Elliott.

Comment by tealeaves – February 8, 2014 02:08 PM PDT
          • There’s another way to measure success – net worth. Only Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are worth more that $20 million. Jennifer Hudson sits at $15 million and Jordin Sparks at somewhere around $9 million.

Everyone else is less than $5 million and that includes runner ups. Cassadee Pope is worth about $4 million.

Scotty McCreary and Phillip Phillips are worth around $1 million. Javier Colon is worth $1.8 million.

Over the past 5 seasons, both shows produce pretty similar results. None of them are reaching “star” levels. They get a boost financially and then we soon forget who they are.

Comment by Name That Tune – February 8, 2014 02:47 PM PDT
          • Forgot to mention that Chris Daughtry is at around $8.5 million and Ace Young at $8 million.

In producing viable, sustainable stars, Idol’s best seasons were 1-6. Their most successful winners have been the girls.

Comment by Name That Tune – February 8, 2014 03:01 PM PDT
          • The interesting thing is that Melanie Amaro, the Season 1 winner of The X Factor is also worth $5 million (her recording contract), although she’s never released an album.

Which means the most recent successful participants on Idol and The Voice aren’t even worth as much as Melanie.

Kinda sad

Comment by Name That Tune – February 8, 2014 03:33 PM PDT
          • Interesting that the site that quotes Cassadee’s net worth at $4 million does not even mention that she was on The Voice. It talks mostly about her success with Hey Monday. Guess she was worth $4 million going in. Good for her.

Comment by tealeaves – February 8, 2014 03:36 PM PDT
          • @KarenBlake Chris Mann is another The Voice contestant who is doing well in the industry. He has had a full length album and a Christmas EP. I can’t find sales numbers for his albums. He has no Gold Certifications, which would have meant 500k in sales. His studio album did peak at 172 on the Billboard 200 and was on that chart for 3 weeks. Mann’s album also charted on the Classical album chart for several weeks, as did his Christmas EP. He has had 2 singles that charted. One sold at least 39k and the other at least 52k.
            For comparison, Casey James is one of the Idols who hasn’t reached gold yet but has had some notable success with sales and is out there doing well for himself in the industry. Casey James has a studio album that peaked at #23 on the Billboard 200 chart, stayed on the chart for 4 weeks, and sold at least 77k. He has one single that sold at least 106k and another that sold at least 337k.
            There are at least 20 Idols who have sold at least gold:
            Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Josh Gracin, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, Taylor Hicks, Katherine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Daughtry, Kelly Pickler, Jordin Sparks, David Cook, David Archuleta, Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Phillip Phillips, Scotty Mccreery.
            There’s a long list of other Idols who have had some notable success, but have not hit the Gold mark yet, including Casey James, Mandisa, Colton Dixon, Lauren Alaina, James Durban. And there are many, many, more who, like many of The Voice contestants, are out there finding their way in the industry. There are also a number of idol contestants who have done very well on Broadway,in the movies or on TV, or songwriting, since their Idol days.

Comment by tealeaves – February 9, 2014 07:30 AM PDT
          • But if you are talking about “stars”, having a tune go gold doesn’t mean much, especially in an iTunes world where each song sells for $1.29. A gold record will get you about $645,000. You have to have a lot of hits to be in the Kelly Clarkson/Carrie Underwood realm. Just to be clear, Carrie’s net worth is about the equivalent of Keith Urban, Harry Connick, Jr, & Adam Levine. Kelly’s net worth is about the same as Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton. Christina Aguilera is worth $90 million and JLo $300 million.

Of the names you listed, 20 of them are from Idol Seasons 1-6. It’s pretty much a reflection of audience exhaustion with reality singing competitions. Idol was first, but it has lost steam in producing stars – and that’s what it’s trying to sell itself as.

And if you are enjoying the judging from Harry and Keith, keep in mind that they are the lowest paid judges/mentors on either show. If you think JLo is a lightweight, remember that she is the highest paid of the 7 judges/mentors at $17.5 million of either show. That’s more than 3 times what Harry, Keith, Adam, Cee Lo, and Blake make. Think about it.

Comment by Name That Tune – February 9, 2014 10:01 AM PDT
          • Kelly and Carrie are awesome. I love them both. I credit them both with every success they have. Sincerely. My point is that not counting the superstars like Kelly and Carrie, there are about a couple of dozen additional Idol contestants that have succeeded more than any X-Factor or The Voice contestant. Then there is another dozen or so Idol contestants that have arguably similar success to the few MOST successful The Voice or X-Factor contestants. I love and support any artists who creates something I enjoy. I love and support them even if they are not big ‘commercial successes.’ But I disagree that The Voice or X-Factor have created similar success stories. That is just not true based on the facts.

Comment by tealeaves – February 11, 2014 08:58 PM PDT
          • @Name that tune I don’t recognize any significance of Idol’s “seasons 1-6″ in terms of success.
            Jordin Sparks, from season 6, has sold a ton of singles. No doubt. She has sold a combined total of over 10 million singles with 4 platinum singles. But later contestants and winners have sold more albums. And Phillip’s single Home has sold far more than Jordin’s biggest hit which was her duet with Chris Brown.
            David Cook won season 7. Cook’s platinum debut album included Light On, Time of My Life, Come Back to Me, Permanent and Heroes. Other than Carrie’s albums, David Cook’ self-titled album is still the best selling album from any Idol contestant since Daughtry’s debut in 2006. Cook is also a songwriter. He is 1 of only 3 Idols who has written or co-written almost every song on a platinum album. The other 2 would be Daughtry and Phillips. (Carrie also has the distinction of co-writing about half of the songs on one of her recent platinum albums.)
            Season 7 is also 1 of only 3 seasons where both the winner and runner-up have gone platinum. The season 7 runner-up was David Archuleta who’s single Crush has sold over 2 million copies. Archuleta has a combined total of more than a million album sales.
            Season 8 is another one of only 3 seasons where both the winner and runner-up have gone platinum. Both Kris Allen and Adam Lambert have platinum singles. (Season 2 is the third season where both winner and runner-up have gone platinum, where Ruben and Clay both have platinum albums.)
            Season 10′s Scotty McCreery has an album that has sold more than any album from Jordin or anyone else from season 6 (or 8, or 9)
            Season 11′s Phillip Phillips has a huge single, Home, that has sold more than any single from any other Idol from any season. That single is still getting played on radio, as is his second single, Gone, Gone, Gone. AND they both are still getting licensed for usage in commercials.

Comment by tealeaves – February 12, 2014 07:52 PM PDT
        • I look at it differently, I do not waste my time watching the voice because quite frankly you never hear from the contestants again. I watch some of the performances here but I do not find it that entertaining to sit through hours of the judges giggling amongst themselves. I know Idol has not produces a “mega star” in a while but all of the winners are still making music or in the entertainment business. Not everyone will end up being a GaGa, but I do like the fact they get some support after the show.

Comment by Mary – February 10, 2014 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huge news for fans of Almost Human and other bubble shows on FOX.

Comment by johnhelvete – February 7, 2014 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope you’re right :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 7, 2014 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was just about to say this. Almost Human, Mindy Project, and The Following seem perfectly fine now.

Comment by Teag – February 7, 2014 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is a good thing? The Following might be the worst show I’ve ever watched in my entire life! Poor Kevin Bacon. I bet he wants to strangle Bernie Madoff with his bare hands for forcing him to slum it with that show.

Comment by Angie_Overrated – February 9, 2014 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like the way you think! FOX please give Almost Human a second season… please please please!

Comment by Elyse – February 7, 2014 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so hope you’re right! Almost Human is gaining traction! If it gets cancelled, I’ll be so disappointed!

Comment by Emily – February 7, 2014 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Almost Human has reasonable ratings – I’m hopeful for a second season.

Comment by Ben – February 7, 2014 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FOX finally makes a smart decision. This show was horrible — far worse than Idol or The Voice. And from the ratings, it was clear no one cared about it.

Comment by Jana – February 7, 2014 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! Now get rid of American “Idol” and we’ll really have something to celebrate!

Comment by A. D. – February 7, 2014 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first I’m happy about this cause this means there will be more scripted show on fox. However, I’m afraid of how many of them will flopped and canceled immediately

Comment by igo – February 7, 2014 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank dog this abomination has finally been put to rest. How much longer until American Idol gets to boot? Not quickly enough I bet.

Comment by Brent – February 7, 2014 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank dog indeed. Woof woof.

Comment by Mark – February 7, 2014 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. Sounds like Randy Jackson has been visiting – yo, dog!

Comment by GingerSnap – February 8, 2014 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprising, the ratings was abysmal

Comment by hello – February 7, 2014 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I smile with glee every time I find out a reality show gets cancelled.

Comment by Ally Oop – February 7, 2014 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? New reality shows will just replace them. You think networks will walk away from the genre? That’s no different to someone ‘smiling with glee’ every time a comedy or drama gets cancelled. Odd world in your head, I guess.

Comment by Ben – February 7, 2014 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No surprise it was cancelled. I have a bad feeling this just means more of Ramsey’s cooking shows will appear more often! I have to say that I am looking forward to seeing what Alex & Sierra do in the future though.

Comment by brina – February 7, 2014 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am saddened by the news. I enjoyed X for the most part , especially the groups. But it was so bland! I was looking forward to Simon’s pithy comments, but after leaving Idol he was a watered down Simon. No sparks at all. Just a phoney love fest. First season was all glitz and little substance. Second season was very good.

Comment by Karen – February 7, 2014 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was, for me, a great second season. The voters dropped the ball, however. I don’t think the show ever recovered from Tate Stevens winning season two. He’s a nice guy and a decent singer, but he’s not a star. I’m still expecting big things from Carly Rose and Fifth Harmony, although it’s possible that 5H will splinter into a few individual acts.

Comment by MC – February 7, 2014 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season two was horrific.
      The amount of good talent left to rot in replacement for who made it to the live rounds was sickening. Absolutely sickening.
      Cece, Paige, Tate, Arin, etc.
      Season one was miles better. Season two was all glitz and confetti

Comment by Kaba – February 9, 2014 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ll take Carly Rose, 5H and Diamond White over anyone from season one (except for possibly Drew). Beatrice Miller was also pretty good. Paige was decent, but very inconsistent. Were there a few duds in season two? Of course, there’s a few duds (or more than that) on every season of these singing shows. Everyone knows that the seasons are defined by the acts that emerge as stars, not by the rejects. 5H and Carly Rose are very young and are just getting started. They have very strong fan bases and high profiles on various social media. I’m sure they will continue to be successful. Alex and Sierra from season three could also do well, but everyone from season one (except for possibly Drew) is already forgotten. That should tell you something. It is so laughably absurd to use the word “sickening” (not once, but twice mind you) in the context of a tv show. I suppose that is an example of “trolling.”

Comment by MC – February 10, 2014 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally our long national nightmare is OVER!!

Comment by Tran 2.0 – February 7, 2014 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good riddance — now cancel IDOL, too!

Comment by GuessWhat – February 7, 2014 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN!

Comment by Terry – February 7, 2014 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen!

Comment by GingerSnap – February 8, 2014 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Keep X Factor cancelled and off FOX until 2030.

Comment by Stacy Wong – February 10, 2014 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Keep The X Factor cancelled and off FOX until 2030? That’s not fair!

Comment by Dave – February 14, 2014 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Go to Hell, Stacy! You’re so evil!

Comment by Bobby Ray – March 9, 2014 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will be a sad, sad day whenever they cancel Idol. That is often a great show.

Comment by tealeaves – February 8, 2014 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you! I love Idol, to this day it’s still one of the highest rated shows on television.

Comment by Leah Hoffman – February 8, 2014 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wondered who was going to be taking over for Gary! (Mentor in X Factor UK and part of my favourite band Take That! Which is why he’s leaving) Glad he’s back judging/mentoring for our X Factor! Well I can’t say I’m surprised, because I don’t particularly know any US X Factor contestants! I have heard Fifth Harmonys singing but I don’t really know what to think of them.

Comment by Em J – February 7, 2014 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon ended his statement with “see you soon” which makes me think after his one season back on UK XFactor he will be back in the U.S with either a revamped X Factor or something new. Trust me

Comment by Lou – February 7, 2014 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would not surprise me if this was true. ABC has a few low rated shows and Dancing With the Stars’s ratings aren’t the same. Perhaps they may take Simon’s bait?

Comment by Nedsdag – February 7, 2014 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting. I figured they would have renewed it because they lost out on Thursday Football.

Comment by David4 – February 7, 2014 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t stomach XFactor. Never managed to get through an entire season. Glad it’s gone – less singing-competition-fatigue, which will benefit Idol.

Comment by deedee – February 7, 2014 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not surprised by the news and maybe Fox knew by announcing it now it frees Simon up to find something else to do.Plus with X-Factor he may have learned what not to do next time.Plus in his staement it sounds to me that Simon is saying goodbye to working with Fox again and he could negotiate with another network now.

Comment by Andrew Hass – February 7, 2014 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well if anything Simon HORRIBLY regrets working with Fox. Fox (or Simon Fuller perhaps) would have never let X Factor take off and be somewhat bigger than Idol. There were a lot of things that went against X Factor US. Take a look at the UK show. THAT is how it should be done. I just pray Simon NEVER goes back to Fox. He needed a break from them and now, with UK Head Judge Gary Barlow leaving, it was his perfect chance.

Comment by GTXF – February 8, 2014 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was unwatchable!

Comment by ci – February 7, 2014 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not really a surprise for me. Season one was a trainwreak with Nicole, the horrible host Steve Jones, but at least they had decent talent for the first season. Season 2 Simon gets rid of Steve Jones, Paula, and Nicole and brings in Demi, and Britney and the talent is no where near as good as season 1 and it seemed Simon didn’t learn from the mistakes of season 1 that nobody wants to see all the production(I.e. fifty back-up dancers during a performance). Somehow this show gets a third season and gone are L.A. Reid and Britney so Simon brings in Kelly Rowland( who I think did a good job maybe she can be an Idol judge, or a Voice coach someday) and the nutbag Paulina Rubio who can’t seem to remember the names of the contestants she’s mentoring. And still it seems Simon still hasn’t got it. One thing I can say about season 3 is at least the winners were deserving winners in Alex & Sierra.

Comment by Shawn – February 7, 2014 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree with you that they didn’t figure out what was wrong with season 1…the OVER PRODUCTION. It was so bad, that I couldn’t even watch it because it gave me a headache with all the lights and movement, etc. They made these contestants like they were million album recording artists already. Singing was an after thought.

Comment by Jenny – February 8, 2014 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad that X Factor has been cancelled because it is not an intresting show at all.

Comment by Stacy Wong – February 7, 2014 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You take that back! Nobody is gald that The X Factor is cancelled.

Comment by Dave – February 8, 2014 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How do you know that nobody’s glad that X Factor is cancelled?

Comment by Stacy Wong – February 10, 2014 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where he want wrong Season 1 getting rid of Cheryl Cole, Season 2 Hiring Brittney Spears and Season 3 Hiring Paulina Rubio. I liked the format except I wished they would have Mentored their acts more like The Voice. I loved the big stage productions they did making it different then a Idol & The Voice. Just these decisions on judges really killed it and I think having it 3 days a week like Idol. Too long in format.

Comment by Mika02 – February 7, 2014 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think cutting Cheryl Cole hurt the show. She was an unknown in this country. It was a mess from the beginning from finding a host to the baseball postseason. I also think the uniqueness of The Voice, which premiered first, was the main reason why X Factor was a failure.

Comment by Nedsdag – February 7, 2014 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But to have her start an dump her they should have made a better decision there plus she was giving great Critique then to replace her with Nicole who couldn’t make the tough decisions undermined Simons authority as a Judge & EP. I actually stop watching the Voice after blind auditions season 1&2. They were just boring. I watched this season to support Tessanne. I think there was an audience they just lost it with bad decisions.

Comment by Mika02 – February 7, 2014 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think former FOX reality chief Mike Darnell had a lot to do with her departure. For some reason, he didn’t like her and apparently told Simon he wanted a bigger name amongst the judges. Now that Darnell was fired, it made it easier for FOX to make the decision to ax the show.

Comment by Nedsdag – February 7, 2014 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nobody wanted Simon! Maybe if he wasn’t on the show, the ratings would soar! Carlito 3rd place and the girl who was deformed 5th place (over Ellona, who should have won), GET REAL!

Comment by Jim Welker – February 7, 2014 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if only Simon would STAY in England and never come back!

Comment by JM – February 7, 2014 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m SO relieved! I couldn’t stop watching, but never wanted to watch – I know, I don’t get it either. This might be the one good thing Fox has ever done for me.

Comment by Princess Adora – February 7, 2014 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only three seasons too late!

Comment by Kate – February 7, 2014 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bye-bye, Simon.

Comment by Idolisnext – February 7, 2014 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad but not surprised. I still feel that the moment they fired Cheryl Cole was when things started to go downhill. Replacing her with Nicole Scherzinger (who, although she was sweet, was way too soft, kooky and over-the-top for my taste) only made it worse. And also, I feel what they did wrong was not going for the wait-and-see approach – instead of sticking to the original UK format and letting it play out, they made dozens of changes just so they could ‘Americanize’ it. I hope they’ll bring back X Factor again in the near future. Hey, it worked out greatly for the Australian version (and is now the best out of all the X Factor franchises), it may just work out for the US version as well.

Comment by Irene – February 7, 2014 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also believe as in the words of Mr. Cowell, this isn’t the last we’ve seen of XF. I have a weird feeling that ABC may be the one who’ll take a chance on XF, particularly if Dancing With the Stars continues to plummet in the ratings.

Comment by Nedsdag – February 7, 2014 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ridiculous as this may seem but I’m actually hoping that another network (ABC or CBS) would pick this one up. At least this way, they’ll have the opportunity to start fresh.

Comment by irenefrancesmaecabrera – February 7, 2014 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. The X Factor should be renewed for a fourth season by another network as revived series. Like Australia did with their own version of The X Factor. Season 4 without Simon judging would’ve been ok. They just need to get rid of those new things from season 3 and bring back old things from season one and two. Let’s write a letter to Fox that they should sale the rights to another network. So, The X Factor would return for it’s fourth season this year (2014) or next year (2015) or the year after (2016). Season 4 needs a new judge to take Simon’s place.
          The X Factor is my favourite show and it should stay on air for a few more years.

Comment by Dave – February 8, 2014 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I really liked The X Factor and season four without Simon Cowell on the judging panel would’ve been ok. Did you know? Simon is the creator and executive producer of The X Factor (TV series). His name should be credited as the creator and executive producer on The X Factor: Season Four (Revived series). Why aren’t we all out there picketing?
            I mean, we should be out there picketing to save The X Factor.
            Someone has to make a new facebook page. Like “SAVE THE X FACTOR USA” or “BRING BACK THE X FACTOR USA”. Why don’t we write some letters or emails to FOX about selling the rights to another network?

Comment by Jackie Q – February 24, 2014 03:47 PM PDT
  • What were the differences as to how the UK and US versions of the show were structured?

Comment by BRIAN – February 7, 2014 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well let me start: The production overall level is miles better in the UK. Because both shows air in Fox and were produced by Fremantle America, the US X Factor had the same boring pace that I believe has cost Idol viewers. If you see the UK show, it is something you WANT to watch, unlike what people has commented to struggle watching the US show.
      I believe Season 1 had the best categories. Boys, Girls, Over 30s and Groups. I don’t understand why to put the age barrier at 25. Crazy. But even that is better than Teens/Young Adults. Just remembering that is excruciating.
      Irene said something about americanizing the show. Season 3 was just nothing related to the format. The axing of judges houses, which is the show’s main staple, was just wrong. It is the round the judges use to really know their contestants, which is why this season the judges seem like they didn’t know their acts.
      The whole Top 16 week where the judges reduce their categories to 3 was so sickening, I hated it. Instead of choosing a Top 12 and then you had another week to not to have a double elimination, which takes me to another point.
      On both seasons, there was a hiatus of 2 weeks due to baseball. Fox gave baseball a bigger priority over X Factor. Do you think NBC treats The Voice like that? No.
      UK has 4 weeks of auditions, 1 of bootcamp, 1 of judges houses and 10 for live shows. 16 weeks.
      US had 3 weeks of auditions, 2 weeks of middle rounds, 2 weeks of baseball caused hiatus and just 8 of live shows. The whole double elimination thing going on for 4 weeks doesn’t work. Look at this year: Sweet Suspense, Lillie and Ellona were 3 very good acts with a great shot, possibly winning, but because they fell into the bottom position on their respective weeks, they just could not do anything for themselves except for grieving. It just doesn’t work.
      Another thing that didn’t help the show was the usage of the same studio American Idol uses. It is ridiculously high, which contributed to the contestants being lost in the middle of the performances.
      I can continue to point many wrong things, but then the show could have come back by then. Still, I am happy Cowell left Fox.

Comment by GTXF – February 8, 2014 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree on all accounts. Removing judges houses, a unique & essential part of the X Factor format, was absolutely criminal. Fox made a disservice to a wonderful talent show franchise like X Factor. To me it would have been a massive success had they not over-hyped in from the beginning and not made any changes to it. The format was great as it is. And let’s not forget that this is the the very same franchise that had successful acts like One Direction, Leona Lewis, Olly Murs, Cher Lloyd and more. And this happened And for that I’m absolutely happy that Simon has left Fox and is now back in the UK version. If ever he decides to revive X Factor again in America, I hope he’ll do so in another channel.

Comment by Irene – February 8, 2014 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. Personally i think Simon should have gone with ABC or CBS away from a network who already had a massive singing contest and maybe just maybe it would have been different. FOX is to blame if you ask me. They were the ones who tried way too hard and i guess Simon is to blame too because he let them change what the format is as a whole instead of sticking to his guns. This franchise is very very popular everywhere else including the UK, Australia, NZ and Asia but the US never worked because it went away from the proven formula and over did it with $5m prize.

Comment by greysfan – February 8, 2014 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have never seen the UK X Factor, but to be fair do they have four shows running like in the US.
        XFactor reminding me of Idol mixed in with America got talent. I did like no age cut off of Xfactor, but lets be real over 30 and you chances of making it is slim.

Comment by Mary – February 10, 2014 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @Mary, the UK does not have four competing shows, as far as I know. More importantly, the UK market is much smaller than the US market and the percentage of people in that market who watch the show is much higher than the percentage of people in the US market that watch any of our shows.

Comment by tealeaves – February 11, 2014 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • From what I have seen of the UK version the contestants are more diverse and interesting. A lot of contestants have quirky personalities. The shows are a lot of fun to watch. IMO on the US show the judges were too heavy handed and they kept pushing the contestants to be like Rihanna or some other current star.

Comment by tealeaves – February 8, 2014 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad :(

Comment by Blinged Up – February 7, 2014 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sad, too. I was really looking forward to season four this year. We should make a new page on facebook.
      Like “SAVE THE X FACTOR” or “BRING BACK THE X FACTOR” or “REVIVE THE X FACTOR”.
      We should be out there picketing (protest) outside the Fox Studio to save the show.

Comment by Dave – February 14, 2014 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The X Factor did not deserve to get cancelled after 3 seasons!
        Why aren’t we out there doing a protest?

Comment by Barrie – March 25, 2014 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, really. Why aren’t we out there protesting?

Comment by Barrie – March 25, 2014 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised… I felt like it was overproduced and overblown. And, when you have 2 semi-decent judges in Kelly Rowland & Demi Lovato – and proceed to alienate Demi by the end of the season – plus a little too uninvolved judge in Paulina Rubio (sorry, Shakira is way better), and you had a recipe for disaster.

Hope Alex & Sierra do well, though.

Comment by Steve F. – February 7, 2014 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The big problem is they tried TOO hard to make it work. If they had stuck to the same formula as the show has in the rest of the world it may have worked but they changed it too much and moved away from what the show was about if you ask me. It will be great to see Simon back on the UK panel though. I think Alex and Sierra might be the shining light from this show. We will see.

Comment by greysfan – February 7, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. And I lay the blame solely on Fox, particularly Mike Darnell. He was the one who played a part in Cheryl’s firing yes?

Comment by Irene – February 7, 2014 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, it was Darnell who was responsible for CC’s firing. Ironically, both he and XF are gone.

Comment by Nedsdag – February 7, 2014 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ha. Serves him right. And good for Sharon Osbourne for blasting him about it.

Comment by Irene – February 7, 2014 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The stars aligned from the start to make X Factor not work here – Fox picking it up but putting on in the Fall and forcing schedule changes to accommodate baseball playoffs; the behind the scenes drama season 1 with Cheryl Cole being fired before the show started airing; the first season promos being solely all about Simon returning and not promoting the gist of the show plus his comments about what he thought the ratings would be like out of the gate; the drama that went on when Nicole sent the vote to deadlock season 1 and wound up sending Rachel Crow home which stirred up a lot of bad press about the cruelty of having such young contestants on a show like this… Season 2′s main press surrounded Britney’s facial expressions and lack of ability to say more than a puppet version of Ellen DeGeneres when she was on Idol and the addition of host-bot Khloe Kardashian… et al… basically, the show never had any good press and like some others have said it got a bad rap early on and never recovered from it.

I happened to like the show in spite of its flaws so I’m sad to see they aren’t getting a chance to correct course, but I am not surprised either since it didn’t seem likely that people who were already turned off by it would ever return no matter what they did. I hope Alex & Sierra do well and aren’t just tossed aside now that the show’s gone and I hope Simon’s return to the UK version doesn’t kill it since it’s still a decent show.

Comment by Tess – February 7, 2014 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One down …

Comment by Willow – February 7, 2014 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uggh. I stopped watching the show after a few episodes in the first season. It was awful. I won’t miss it at all. Idol, however, has improved tremendously this season, so any sad XF fans saddened by this cancelation should really consider giving Idol a second look.

Comment by marie – February 7, 2014 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am really enjoying this season of Idol this year. I haven’t enjoyed Idol this much in years. The X Factor was not bad though. It was nice to have the other categories. Still, I agree, Idol deserters should give the show another look. I think the judges are doing a good job and I like the competition itself this year. Also the show went back to Detroit, first time since the second season. Good stuff.

Comment by wingsstef – February 8, 2014 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For the first time in 2-3 years my husband is watching Idol again and enjoying it, in large part because of the judges and their easy, often humorous comradarie, especially after last season’s disaster. Smart move Fox.

Comment by emacco – February 8, 2014 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES!!! Idol is great, I hope the rating keep increasing.

Comment by Leah Hoffman – February 8, 2014 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know what they call a cancelled Reality TV show / competition show ?

“A step in the right direction.”

Comment by Bark Star – February 8, 2014 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I found season 2 by far the best. And the last season was just crap on so many points.

Comment by Niejan – February 8, 2014 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • X-Factor could have been a hit show. But after 3 seasons it seems clear the producers were never going to let it be a better show. They kept pushing back-up dancers and light shows out onto the stage with the performers. That never resulted in a good performance. But for some reason the producers wanted that to be the show.

X-Factor and Simon excelled with groups. That could have been their niche. Alex & Sierra were fantastic on the show. I hope they still have a successful launch this year. Fifth Harmony did not start as a group. They were put together by the show and they had a couple great performances and some post-season success. Lyric 145 was really good, and got cut too soon by the voters.

Comment by tealeaves – February 8, 2014 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Another network needs to save The X Factor. Like Seven Network did with The X Factor (Australian TV series) when it returned for it’s second season way back in 2010.

Comment by Dave – February 14, 2014 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Definitely. ABC or CBS should save it. And try to at least give it some integrity and take it seriously unlike Fox, who completely destroyed it.

Comment by Irene – February 14, 2014 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks Irene. I’m gald you’ve agreed with me.

Comment by Dave – February 15, 2014 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No problem. I feel like, having watched the UK & Aussie versions of XF, I truly see greatness in what Simon created, no matter how embarrassing it is for me to say it. And also, had it started small, built it little by little, allowed the judges the freedom to mentor their acts 100%, the show would have been great. However, Fox did the opposite. They made it bigger, hyped it way too much & Simon just let them destroy what would have been something wonderful.

Comment by Irene – February 15, 2014 03:24 PM PDT
          • Why isn’t everybody out there picketing to save The X Factor?
            And who’s gonna make a campaign on a facebook page?
            The title on facebook should be “Save The X Factor USA” or “Bring Back The X Factor USA”.
            What season four needs is 4 new judges and Simon’s name on the credits as a executive producer and the creator of the show. You know, like Created by Simon Cowell and Executive Producers Simon Cowell, Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Siobhan Greene, Richard Holloway, Andrew Llinares, and Rob Wade. Because Simon was uncredited as a executive producer and the creator in the original three seasons.
            If ABC picks it up for a fourth season, one of the shows will have to come to an end.
            So, it’s either The Bachelor, or Dancing with the Stars.
            Or if CBS picks it up for a fourth season, one of the shows will have to come to an end.
            So, it’s either Big Brother, or Survivor.
            Which year do you want The X Factor back for it’s fourth season as revived series?
            2015? 2016? 2017? or 2018?

Comment by Jordan – March 16, 2014 09:04 AM PDT
          • ABC is out for the time being, especially with their new singing show (Rising Star?) coming out this summer.
            CBS has tried singing shows in the past, most recently Rock Star, without much success, so I don’t seeing them going for this at this point.
            Obviously NBC won’t give The Voice or The Sing-Off any in-house competition.
            So unless a cable network takes this on (which I seriously doubts due to the costs), FOX might be your best (and only) shot at revival.

Comment by DJ – March 19, 2014 12:06 PM PDT
          • Bring X Factor back on ABC in 2018. It should cancel Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Comment by Stacy Wong – March 19, 2014 06:09 PM PDT
          • No way, sweetheart! I say Bring The X Factor back on CBS in 2016. Survivor should come to an end after 30 seasons next year.

Comment by Wally – March 20, 2014 09:09 AM PDT
  • Hello colleagues, its impressive article concerning educationand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

Comment by Jacky au royaume des filles 2014 Telecharger – February 8, 2014 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frankly I wish ALL these reality/competition shows would be cancelled..American Idol, Survivor, The Voice, America’s Got Talent, Dancing…etc…ENOUGH already…

Comment by SherryB – February 8, 2014 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • time to find another world wide contestant format coming to America, FOX could search in Europe, Asia or Latin american TV formats for X Factor replacement. But please, not another Simon Cowell’s Show. We still have American Got Talent

Comment by Fernanda – February 8, 2014 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I believe Simon Cowell produces America’s Got Talent. Early fall is all about the baseball playoffs so maybe they should focus on that. After that, they may air one their other reality based programs if they want to stay at that route, move one their returning dramas 13 episode dramas in the time spot until Idol takes over in the fall. I don’t think there will be a new Simon show too soon however because Simon is going back to the UK X-Factor for the time being.

Comment by wingsstef – February 8, 2014 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post