Pilot Scoop: Jay Baruchel Plots TV Comeback in FX's Relationship Comedy Man Seeking Woman

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Man Seeking Woman Jay BaruchelUndeclared grad Jay Baruchel is resuming his TV studies, signing on to star in the FX comedy pilot Man Seeking Woman, TVLine has learned.

Based on Saturday Night Live writer Simon Rich’s book, The Last Girlfriend on Earth, the potential series is described as “a sweet and absurd look at the life-and-death stakes of dating.”

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s Starring in Them

Baruchel will play Josh Greenberg, a naive romantic on a desperate quest for love. When his longtime girlfriend dumps him, Josh enters the dating scene, a nightmarish hellscape of untold horror.

The 29-year-old Rich — the second youngest writer ever hired by SNL — penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside his SNL boss Lorne Michaels.

Baruchel’s post-Undeclared career credits include the films Knocked UpTropic Thunder and last summer’s sleeper This Is the End. He next appears in the upcoming Robocop.

Comments (9)

• I loved him in She’s Out of My League.

Comment by tp – February 6, 2014 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jay is so underrated. Happy to see him get some shine. Loved his “character” in This is the End.

Comment by Jared – February 6, 2014 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget his early work in “Popular Mechanics for Kids” where his co-host was the future cougar bait Bauer daughter, Elisha Cuthbert – watched those way too many times with my nephews a few years ago (my own fault, I bought them the dvd’s after they checked them out of the library)

Comment by Lisa – February 6, 2014 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PMK is on DVD?! It was one of my favorite shows when I was younger, I still think of it everytime I see Elisha Cuthbert.

Comment by erin – February 6, 2014 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I bought them on amazon back in 2007 or 2008

Comment by Lisa – February 7, 2014 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah love him! Will definitely be adding this to my “watch” list!

Comment by Rose – February 6, 2014 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jay is a good actor. Happy he’s gonna be back on TV.

Comment by Joey – February 6, 2014 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He always gets cast as the awkward type, but he looks pretty darn nice in the picture on this article.

Comment by Brooke – February 6, 2014 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you’re a Jay fan, you need to check out his movie The Trotsky. It’s a classic. :)

Comment by Pattie – February 7, 2014 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post