Scandal Exclusive: Dylan Minnette, Other Lost Alum Cast as Fitz and Mellie's Kids

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Scandal Cast Fitz's KidsHere’s your first look at Scandal‘s First Kids.

One week after TVLine broke the news that the ABC drama would (finally) be introducing us to Fitz and Mellie’s children, Jerry and Karen, we can now exclusively report that Dylan Minnette and Madeline Carroll have landed the roles.

RELATED | Scandal Spoilers — What Are Fitz and Mellie’s Kids Like?

Minnette’s TV credits include a recent episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the role of Jason Isaac’s son on Awake, a recurring bit as Jack Shephard’s son on Lost and Grey’s Anatomy’s Season 4 Halloween episode.

Carroll, meanwhile, has guested on Shondaland’s Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, as well as played young Ben Linus’ gal pal Annie in an episode of Lost.

Both Minnette and Carroll also appeared on The Hub’s anthology series R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour.

VIDEO | Scandal Sneak Peek: Who Wants to Make a ‘Respectable Woman’ Out of Olivia?

And yes, I suggested Minnette for Jerry in our original story. ‘Cause I have powers like that. Real 0-8-4 stuff. But 250 TVLine Power User Points (currently of zero value) to reader @TV_Miranda, who spotted Minnette in Joshua Malina’s table read photo.

Scandal returns from its winter break on Feb. 27, with the 11th of this season’s 18 episodes. The Grant offspring will appear in Episode 15.

Want more scoop on Scandal, or for any other show? Need me to predict any other castings? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (31)

• Jesus, that kid has grown. I still remember when he was in Grey’s Anatomy “trick-or-treating” for ears from Sloan.

Comment by JJM – February 5, 2014 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I NEVER would have guessed that until you said that!!! Wow!!!

Comment by KSM – February 5, 2014 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Added!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 5, 2014 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG that was him? I only remember him from Lost, but I think he was a few years older

Comment by Sara – February 5, 2014 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • these two kinda look like ted’s kids on HIMYM. i thought it was them for a second.

Comment by Hipper – February 5, 2014 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he was also the little boy who trick or treated for new ears at Seattle Grace!!

Comment by Jessica y – February 5, 2014 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did always wonder what happened to Annie.

Comment by mawhi – February 5, 2014 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I always had a headcanon that Ben got her pregnant and she died, explaining why he was so obsessive about solving that problem.

Comment by Lauren – February 6, 2014 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, that was my headcanon too.

Comment by Josh – February 6, 2014 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a fan of Dylan’s, super stoked that I will get to see him on Scandal. He is very talented.

Comment by Theo – February 5, 2014 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know Dylan & his family. I grew up with Dylan’s mom and have loved seeing him grow in his career. He IS very talented and is very well grounded with a good family up-bringing! He will go far and it will be fun to watch!

Comment by Samantha – April 18, 2014 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it was the writer of this article who suggested Dylan for the role and I have to say you or a colleague nailed this one.

Comment by Robert – February 5, 2014 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I thought when I saw the thumbnail! Great casting. Dylan’s deserved the exposure. When I first started watching Awake, I felt very lukewarm about him. Then one episode it was like he brought down a wall and became my favorite character in minutes. He’s great.

Comment by B – February 5, 2014 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teenagers are definitely going to spice up the show. I’m pretty sure we did see the POTUS kids in one earlier episode of season 1……………… they were way younger, but storywise, the teens are definitely the way to go. Good choice on the actors.

Comment by Meg – February 5, 2014 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, we’ve never seen the kids. EVER!

Comment by Christian – February 6, 2014 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ditto, the kids have ALWAYS been away at boarding school or didn’t want to visit because of Fitz’s attitude (season 2). I have to say, these two look like they belong to Fitz and Mellie; this should be good!

Comment by herman1959 – February 6, 2014 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only clicked on this comment to say “Look! The boy who trick-or-treated for ears is all grown up!”…. But I see I’ve been beaten to it about a thousand times over. lol.

Comment by twilight123 – February 5, 2014 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this casting! I just watched Prisoners which Minnette is in, and he’s fantastic. I’ve like Carroll for a long time, since she did Flipped and Swing Vote. Glad to see them on one of my favorite shows!

Comment by Tamara – February 5, 2014 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No NO NO

Comment by Jessie – February 6, 2014 02:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, Matt, amazing amazing superpower. You should be on Heroes or something.

Comment by Leo – February 6, 2014 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *yawn*

Comment by Whatevah – February 6, 2014 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dylan was just in prisoners and Labor Day, small roles

Comment by Jake – February 6, 2014 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know the girl, but I liked Dylan in Awake. Can’t wait to see how Fitz handles his teenagers b/c I expect they’ll give some him attitude & sass. Now he’ll be getting it from both sides: Mel & the kids.

Comment by Lorie – February 6, 2014 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You really have a gift Matt. Good guess (and good cast!)!

Comment by Ben – February 6, 2014 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yup, you called it Matt. Now, for your next trick: who will be cast to play Abbie’s mother in Sleepy Hollow?

Comment by herman1959 – February 6, 2014 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow nice to see them

Comment by Gina – February 6, 2014 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It the kid who trick or treated for ears. Cool.

Comment by Tiffany – February 6, 2014 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on aboutnici.

Comment by aboutnici – February 10, 2014 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow i remember him from the show AWAKE on NBC i liked that show when the dad went to sleep the kid was alive then when he woke up his wife was alive an alternate reality i loved that show

Comment by AUTHOR @MECCAGLOBAL – March 25, 2014 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL! although I may have called it after reading the article, I really liked him since Awake!

Comment by tvpeong – February 5, 2014 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • me too i liked him since #awake bring awake back too lol :) <3

Comment by AUTHOR @MECCAGLOBAL – March 25, 2014 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post