Ratings: No Super Bump for New Girl or B99, the NCISes and Goldbergs Rise, Loser Slims Down

Biggest Loser Winner Too SkinnyNeither Fox’s New Girl nor Brooklyn Nine-Nine enjoyed any afterglow from their robust apres-Super Bowl showcase.

RELATED | Super Bowl XLVIII Is Most-Watched Telecast of All Time, New Girl Flirts With 26.3 Mil

New Girl this Tuesday scored 3.5 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating (per finals), down 8 and 16 percent from its most recent Tuesday outing. Brooklyn Nine-Nine christened its later time slot with 3.2 mil and a 1.4, down 30 and 26 percent from its previous Tuesday telecast yet on par and up versus what Mindy Project was averaging in the 9:30 spot.

Fox notes that no scripted show since Grey’s Anatomy circa 2006 has shown significant gains in its first outing after a Super Bowl tryout.

Dads opened Fox’s night with 3.7 mil/1.5, shedding a handful of eyeballs.

NBC’s Biggest Loser finale — in which the winner has stirred some controversy by clocking in at 105 lbs., down from 250 — drew 7.4 mil and a 2.2, down 19 percent in the demo from its previous finale to tie a series low.

Over on CBS, NCIS (19.5 mil/3.1) rose a tenth, NCIS: LA (16.4 mil/2.9) surged 17 percent in the demo and Person of Interest (12.1 mil/2.1) ticked up a tenth.

ABC’s Agents of SHIELD (6.6 mil/2.2) added a few viewers while flat in the demo, The Goldbergs (4.9 mil/1.6) ticked up a tenth, Trophy Wife (3.2 mil/0.9) was flat and Killer Women (3.1 mil/0.7) shed some audience while steady in the demo.

RELATED | Post Mortem: Originals Boss on Deadly Cliffhanger, Elijah’s Choice and a ‘Crazy’ Return

The CW’s The Originals (2.1 mil/0.9) slipped one tenth, Supernatural (2.5 mil/1.0) dipped two tenths from last week’s season high.

1. Newo says:

Matt, how excited were you to use that biggest loser wordplay in the headline

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

You must be new! TBL always “sheds some viewers” or “gains a tenth,” etc. Jumps right off my Atari 800’s membrane keyboard here.

2. Thilia says:

The Goldbergs is an incredible show. I wish its numbers were higher. I fear that ABC will pick them up for a second season and do a Neighbors size injustice.

3. catelyn says:

the ratings for NG/B99 is abysmal. I mean, I wasn’t expecting a huge bump after the super bowl but the fact that they are down from their last regular episode is not good.

• S. says:

I bet I’m not the only one that almost missed the new eps. I was surprised that there were new shows 2 days after the last two new shows. It’s hard to say ‘well obviously there would be so they can take advantage of the Super Bowl slots’ when Fox knows scripted post-Super Bowl shows aren’t likely to get a bump this week.

• JLK says:

I think the B99 repeat at 7:30 may have hurt it and NG. It may have given people the impression that FOX decided to air repeats in general last night, since they just had new episodes on Sunday.

4. Eddie says:

Dads got higher viewers and demo than B-99… HOW!???

• Nicole says:

Because they moved B99 to 930 after New Girl, which not many people watch anymore. I sat through New Girl waiting for B99 and it was not funny at all. I don’t know why they would bring in Caroline. Really? B99 was worth it though. A hilarious ep.

• ... says:

New Girl is the highest rated comedy in FOX’s Tuesday lineup. So if not many people watch it anymore, what does that say for Dads, Mindy, and B99?

5. Sparky says:

Glad I’m not the only one that thought the girl that won the biggest loser lost too much weight. Her arms were bone thin last night it looked scary. The dad I think his name is David looked healthy and I was kinda hoping that he would have won the money for him and his family.

• gdv says:

105 lbs is way too thin, unless you’re quite petite. I’m 5’2 and got to 107 lbs after a bad stomach flu last year, and my friends thought I looked way too skinny. And considering people always look skinnier in person than on camera, I’m not surprised at how shocked and concerned Bob and Jillian looked when they saw her come out.

• Jax says:

OMG I was thinking the same thing. When I first saw the picture I said to myself “That girls needs to eat something!”

6. Christina says:

Kind of just upset with the Nielson viewers for not showing B99 and Trophy Wife love. Such great shows.
    That was one of the better episodes of SHIELD too – hoping that the backend stretch picks up and generates more buzz. Also banking on summer binge-watching leading to a season 2 uptick…if we get that far.

7. Ames says:

I really missed the Mindy Project last night…just sayin

8. David4 says:

Dads is getting better ratings than B99?!?!

There clearly is no god… or any common sense.

9. GuessWhat says:

Congrats on your win and new-found anorexia, Skeletor.
    Uggh.
    What a shame!

• catelyn says:

a shame to who? How does her weight loss affect you directly and how do you know she has anorexia?

• ... says:

She might not have anorexia, but she looks sickly in the article’s picture.

• DarkDefender says:

A shame to humanity. She looks like an anorexic. Eating disorders are not healthy. The message she sends.. to lose the most weight at all costs..not worth the money (just ask the family of anyone who has died as a result of starvation like that) I am pretty sure that was not the message The Biggest Loser was going for. She looks emaciated and that is never in a good way. I hope for her sake, she bounces back, puts on a few pounds and remains a healthy weight.

10. Tone LG says:

New Girl didn’t enjoy a “super” bump because the Post-Bowl episode was Meh at best. They wasted a great opportunity to show how truly funny they can be and instead capitalized on an 80s has been.

11. Liza says:

Goldberg’s and Trophy Wife are hilarious!!!! Please renew and put them in the Wednesday lineup!!!

12. b says:

Not the correct use of circa. You know for certain it was in 2006, so it wasn’t circa 2006.

13. John NYC says:

Ah, too bad about B99: people who didn’t see it missed a good episode, while watching I actually thought it would have made a great post-game episode.

14. Pat says:

I have not watched the Biggest Loser for a long time. Seeing and hearing about this woman losing so much weight, dropping from 250 to 105lbs., would concern me if she is not being monitored by a doctor. They tell us that being obese puts a strain on the heart and dropping weight to quickly ( like anorex’s do) can also strain your heart. So I applaud her for losing the weight but I am not sure what is a good weight for her. Her picture doesn’t bode well.

15. Jen says:

And to think this is with the camera ‘adding’ ten pounds….. i thought Dr.’s monitored everyone?

16. Jerri says:

Well that boycott of NCIS by the 12 very upset teenage Ziva/CDP fans certainly worked well!

17. Boiler says:

The poor state of TV viewership shows when 7 million watch Loser. There is no way these shows should be on network TV.