Hollywood Game Night Moving to Thursdays; Michael J. Fox Show Cancelled

Hollywood Game Night ThursdayHollywood will play its games on a new night, when Hollywood Game Night resumes its sophomore season on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 9/8c.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your February Calendar of 55 Premieres and Finales

In its new time slot, the Jane Lynch-hosted game show — which this past Monday aired its winter finale (of sorts) — will bump the terminal Sean Saves the World and also The Michael J. Fox Show from the Peacock’s schedule.

Michael J. Fox, which is essentially cancelled, has seven completed episodes of its 22-episode freshman order left unaired.

An NBC spokesperson confirmed for TVLine the scheduling move, which was first shared (via Twitter) by Vulture’s Joe Adalian.

1. ScrubsGuy says:

Wow, can’t believe they’re going to burn off The MJF Show. I thought they were contractually obligated to show the entire season in primetime during the regular season, despite the ratings.

2. Jared says:

Sean Saves the World and MJF are dead. There’s no point keeping them on the schedule for another 2-3 months.

3. Babygate says:

Does that mean that Sean is cancelled as well??? I love Sean!!!

4. MK204 says:

Sean Hayes is the executive producer of this show so he won’t be hurting. It’s not a great show but it’s not a bad show either and it’s certainly more entertaining than the MJF show and Sean Saves The World.

• Jason says:

Sean was on Will And Grace so he is a multi millionaire with no money worries for the rest of his life! But of course he’s greedy and wants more! Glad it failed!! THat being said he was brilliant in the Three Stooges Movie! Didn’t even know it was him!

• Alex says:

I wouldn’t call him wanting another show being “greedy.” He’s doing what he enjoys doing–acting. I’m not a fan of his acting, I actually think he’s pretty awful, but it’s ridiculous to call him greedy.

• Jax says:

WTF?!? That is quite possible the dumbest thing I have ever seen on this site and that’s saying a lot. By your logic anyone who has ever been in a successful show or movie should just stop and never act again.

• queerbec says:

Agree completely. By that logic, Jerry Seinfeld should stay out of that car, Robin Williams should retire from the ad agency, Meryl Streep should go back to being a sculptor’s housewife, and Brad Pitt a stay at home dad. Jay Leno should just park himself underneath one of his cars and stay out of comedy clubs, and Patrick Dempsey should stick to racetracks. Most people need to find meaningful work no matter how rich they are.

• Beth says:

Well thank goodness they canceled the MJF show. He was on Family Ties *and* Spin city. What a total greedy jerkface. [/sarcasam]

5. UPDATE: An NBC rep notes that Fox is not cancelled. We are looking for a place on the schedule after April 3.”

6. liz says:

thats a real bummer about The MJF Show; we really liked watching it in my house. And I honestly can’t believe they cancelled on him. The man is an icon. NBC was lucky to get him.

7. Philip says:

Are they just going to show the 4 remaining episodes that have not aired yet or are they going to tape some more episodes? I have seen some web sites and some tweets stating that casting is still going on? Are they planning to film more Hollywood Game Night this year? I always thought it was going to be a summer program?

8. mgpogue says:

Reblogged this on The TV Media Junkie ReBlog Blog and commented:
    While I have not watched a episode of the Michael J Fox show, I am sad it has been canceled I really like him as a actor and a person and I am hope to see him back on the screen soon

• TV Gord says:

It’s bad enough that you’re leaching off of this site, but your comment is one of the most inane I’ve read in recent memory. You hope to see him back on the screen soon, but you couldn’t be bothered to watch him on his show? No wonder you’re a parasite, if that’s the kind of insight you offer on your site.

• zacqua10 says:

Reblogging isn’t leaching. It’s a feature for WordPress.com users and it is on ALL WordPress sites that enable it. It doesn’t hurt the original site at all. Much like Tumblr, it gets posted on the rebloggers page but links back to the original page if you click on the link.

Please do some research before you make a comment ridiculing someone else for something that is harmless.

9. Teag says:

Community renewed for final season and Parks for a full season then?

10. I saw the first Hollywood Game Night. It was marginally fun and had some pretty big name talent that had large fanbases, like Alyson Hannigan, Lisa Kudrow and Martin Short. It wasn’t enough to keep me tuning in. I saw the last minute or so of a recent episode and seeing Mario Lopez makes me think they started scraping the bottom of the D-list barrel. Even in the rare instance where I’m a fan of everyone playing, it is lukewarm chaos at best. I get that NBC is in damage control mode, but there’s no way this show can compete on Thursday night and I would be surprised if it did better than The Michael J. Fox Show. While it wasn’t a great show, Michael J. Fox is a national treasure and that 0.7 rating would be much worse without him.
    Hopefully, Michael J. Fox will have something better to do soon. Personally, I would love a spinoff of The Good Wife about his character, Louis Canning.

• Georgia says:

It a good bet that Hollywood Game Night will *at least* do as well as the MJF show ratings wise. Considering how much cheaper it is to make…yeah, NBC will be happy.

• Good point about production costs. They already spent their money on TMJFS, though, so hopefully advertisers won’t bail on them completely. At least for the sake of other shows on the network.

11. big cheddar says:

So basically, three of their four new comedies have been cancelled. Why did they cancel Go On last year? They could have used it as a midseason replacement.

12. KSM says:

Vulture reporting it is not cancelled….

13. Mika02 says:

NBC must be kicking themselves for not keeping Go on.

• Mark says:

I loved both Go On and the New Normal. Both actually made me laugh as opposed to MJF show which never succeeded in that department and I watched all the episodes. The sister was mildly entertaining but all the kids (especially the older son and daughter) were terrible.

14. Love Michael J. Fox and hated that show. I’m hoping this means he’ll have the time to go back on “The Good Wife.”

15. sarah says:

Crap like I do not have enough to watch at that time on Thursdays!
    Grey’s will be back and there is also the Crazy One’s.
    Thursdays are packed for me and I am sure other people too:
    The Vampire Diaries, Community, Crazy One’s, Greys, HGN (now), Parenthood!

16. monieet says:

Just think, if Ironside would have stayed on this long it would not have been cancelled. The Michael J. Fox show should have been cancelled long long ago. Who is making these bad decisions?

17. kinberly says:

I love the MJF show…..tape it every week….

18. Jonathan says:

For what very little it’s worth, I love the Michael J. Fox show and wish people had caught on to it. It was one of the two best new comedies this year, along with Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Much smarter and more entertaining than Modern Family, which I finally stopped watching (I couldn’t handle one more Three’s Company style farce, or another inexplicable racist blurb coming out of Cam’s mouth — which the audience is supposed to think is funny). Amazing cast. Great handling of Fox’s Parkinson’s and good exposure for treating illness with humor and acceptance rather than fear and pity. I was down to just MJF, Brooklyn, and Parks & Rec for “must see” network comedies. Make that two now.