Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Grey's, Scandal, Blacklist, Arrow, Chicago PD, NCIS and More!

unnamedGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: We haven’t laid eyes on Christine since Bones’ Honeymoon episode… any idea when she will be seen again? —Kelley H.
Ausiello: The disappearing daughter returns in this season’s 16th episode — slated to air in the spring — just in time to blow out her birthday candles. On the topic of Christine’s age, exec producer Stephen Nathan pleads, “Before viewers start to do the math to determine her exact age and yell at us, please remember the Bones world is not linear and does not proceed week to week as the show does. Trying to determine specific dates and times is a fool’s errand in a fictional world. That said, enjoy the party! Booth and Brennan do.”

RELATED | Bones Renewed for Season 10 — But That’s Only Half the Story

Question: Michael Weatherly has made a few statements recently which indicate that Cote de Pablo may return to NCIS full-time. What can you tell us about this? —Anne
Ausiello: Weatherly said on the red carpet at the People’s Choice Awards, “We miss her every day… and I really hope she comes back.” Period. Cue the “Telephone Game.”  That said, it seems that de Pablo wouldn’t be guaranteed the warmest of homecomings. David “Ducky” McCallum recently expressed to DigitalSpy his “frustration and anger that someone should just walk out on us,” adding: “I just don’t understand how a leading lady in a show that’s worldwide, who ostensibly wants to have a career as an actress, suddenly walks away from such a gem and just vanishes a couple of days before we start production.”

Question: Hi. I’m completely addicted to Reign. What can you share about the upcoming episodes? Thx. –Betty
Ausiello: How about this? Executive producer Laurie McCarthy tells TVLine that in Thursday’s outing, “you’ll find out that Catherine’s love life is perhaps richer than any of us would have guessed.”

Question: It’s a long, cold wait until The Mindy Project returns in April. Got any scoop to make the waiting easier? –Jennie
Ausiello: Well, for starters, I suggest five reps per day of the climactic airplane kiss (complete with ass-grab!) between Danny and Mindy from the show’s winter finale. [Yep, I'll pause for a sec so you can catch your breath.] But wait…there’s more! In Episode 20, “An Officer and a Gynecologist,” Mindy gets herself an accidental roommate — Jenny, a 19-year-old patient whose overprotective police-officer dad does not take kindly to her filling a prescription for birth-control pills. Cue Jenny crashing at Mindy’s. Cue the teenager throwing “moderately wild parties” at said bachelorette pad. And cue our titular doctor putting in a call to the cops to set things straight. In the same installment, Danny will rescue an Orthodox rabbi’s hat from some teenage punks — and wind up getting invited over for a home-cooked meal with the family. The yet-to-be-cast Herbert Zuckerman, a happily married man in his 60s, will realize Danny isn’t the “nice Jewish doctor” he’d assumed — at least after Danny brings along Peter as his “half-Jewish consigliere.” Oy vey!

Question: There’s a rumor going around that Grey’s Anatomy is doing a flash-forward episode. They’re allegedly bringing in a 7-year-old actress to play Zola, so that’s how the chatter got started. —BP
Ausiello: Shonda Rhimes is definitely cooking up something unorthodox, but I’m told it’s not a flash-forward episode.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Scoop: Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey are Staying — Find Out For How Long

CAMILLA LUDDINGTON, JUSTIN CHAMBERSQuestion: When is Jo going to utter the L-word to Alex on Grey’s Anatomy? He said it to her — and turnabout is fair play. —Jen
Ausiello: Indeed it is, Jen. Jo’s portrayer, Camilla Luddington, has a hunch the L-bomb has already been dropped — we just haven’t been privy to it. “I almost get the impression that she has said it to him, it just hasn’t been onscreen yet,” she muses. “Maybe there will be a moment where we see her really declare her love for him, because we haven’t seen it. But she’s crazy about him. I think that she absolutely does love him.”

Question: Do we need to brace ourselves for more Saturday Night Live departures this season (following Seth Meyers’ farewell)? I’m really liking the current cast. I’d hate to lose any more of them. —Joy
Ausiello: Nasim Pedrad’s Fox comedy Mulaney starts production soon, but I’m told she is not leaving SNL. (I imagine we will be seeing slightly less of her though.) I’m more worried about another relatively new Not Ready for Primetime Player, one who is currently circling a high-profile pilot that, if picked up to series, would likely be forced to leave SNL. And I really don’t want that to happen.

Question: I’m hankering for some scoop about Arrow‘s Oliver and Felicity. Got any interesting news? —KE
Ausiello: Felicity will be forced to make a tough decision in this Wednesday’s episode — and it has the potential to damage her relationship with Ollie. Also, fans of Ms. Smoak take note: Something for which you’ve been clamoring is about to happen (hint: *a****o**.)

Question: Any scoop on Arrow? —Jen
Ausiello: Get ready for baddies galore. “[Episodes] 14 through 18 are villain, villain, villain. Great, big villains one after the other,” teases executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “You’re going to see a couple of returning favorites and a couple of amazing new ones.”

Question: Today is my birthday and all I want is some scoop from you. I would like something on one of my three favorite couples: Casey and Dawson from Chicago Fire, Elijah and Hayley from The Originals, or Oliver and Felicity from Arrow. Pretty please! I will even send you a piece of birthday cake. —Noel
Ausiello: Keep the cake (I’m doing another juice cleanse) and enjoy an Originals-centric gift pertaining to this week’s episode: With the full moon out, Hayley invites her cursed werewolf family over for a party — and in the process, learns some information about the wolf who’s been protecting her. (Let’s just say Elijah is not going to like this news.)

Question: Please tell me that Joel won’t be around for the entire season of Hart of Dixie! Joel and Zoe are so boring together.  She belongs with Wade, or at least someone who isn’t a total snooze. —Jamie
Ausiello: He will not be around for the entire season. No promises about Zoe and Wade though (wink-wink, nudge-nudge.)

Billy Wirth Chicago PDQuestion: Chicago PD is my new favorite show — and I so ship Jay and Erin! Can we expect anything to happen between Detective Lindsay and Halstead anytime soon? —Kylie
Ausiello: Lindsay (Sophia Bush) may not have time for romance, seeing as how her life is about to be turned upside down when a pivotal figure from her past (back when she was a troubled young girl) resurfaces and starts causing trouble. Billy Wirth (pictured, right) of The Lost Boys and Body Snatchers fame has landed the recurring role and will start airing in the spring.

Question: Maybe something on Revenge about Victoria’s love life? Or something scandalous about Scandal?  —Kokoniasta
Ausiello: Scandal it is! Know how we told you that First Kids Jerry (Jr? The III? IV?) and Karen are being cast? Well, the teens reading for those roles best be ready to Shut. It. Down. Jerry shows up with a chip on his shoulder that makes him less than receptive to talking the talk that’s being fed to him by a media consultant. Karen, meanwhile, initially comes off as very much her mother’s daughter  — she might even wonder aloud why Mellie puts up with that man — but said simpatico tune quickly changes when she finds out about [spoiler].

Question: Do you have any scoop on Nick Stokes on CSI? —Connie
Ausiello: Nah. Can I interest you in a scoop about a big episode airing in April that finds Ted Danson’s Russell being taken hostage by a crazed teenage gunman? [Crickets]

Question: Got anything on The Blacklist? —Bradley
Ausiello: Fans of Diego Klattenhoff, mark your calendars and tune in live for Episode 15. That installment will focus on Mako Tanida, a Japanese Yakuda crime boss put away for seven consecutive life sentences (!) thanks to the work of Agent Ressler’s Reddington task force. As scary TV villains sometimes do, though, Mako will escape from Abishiri prison, and his first order of business will be vengeance against those who dishonored him. In addition to Mako (who’s described as being in his mid-30s-50s), the show is also casting the role of Bobby Jonica, a Blacklist Season 1former partner of Ressler’s in his 30s or 40s. The agents reconnect at a wake, then team up to try to put Mako back in the clink. Along the way, though, Ressler will make a discovery about Jonica that will — dun dun dunnnn — change their relationship forever. (Alas, Bradley, it’s unlikely that Jonica is Keen’s father.)

Question: Please tell me you’ve got some intel on the second season of Bates Motel? I might go crazier than Norman Bates if I don’t get something juicy. —Andrew
Ausiello: The shock and awe surrounding the murder of Miss Watson — a crime Norman may or may not have committed — drives much of the March 3 premiere. But by the end of the hour, a new homicide will take center stage (and this time the perp’s identity will be crystal clear). Elsewhere, business is booming for Norma, but an old threat rears its ugly head and could spell doom for her burgeoning hotel empire.

Question: Can you give us any new clues as to who bites the dust on Nashville? —Clarlee
Ausiello: The death hits Teddy the hardest. Bonus Scoop: As foreshadowed in last week’s episode, Scarlett will be taking a new lover in the very near future.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Michael Slezak, Vlada Gelman and Kim Roots)

1. Bowtiesarecool says:

Oh no…please say its not Kate McKinnon or Taran Killam OR Vanessa Bayer who might leave SNL!? Noooo!

• Steven says:

Killam and Bayer aren’t relatively new. And I’d personally rejoice if Taran Killam got another job. I’m kind of sick of him.

McKinnon might be a possibility, which would be a huge blow to SNL. It could be Aidy Bryant, too, which would hurt.

• David says:

I really dont get all this love for Kate Mckinnon! She’s not funny, her facial expressions are annoying, and she is way too overexposed. SNL will be so much better if she goes.

• LoloCurray says:

I respect that’s your opinion, but it really goes against popular opinion. Kate’s One of the more popular and stronger cast members and it would hurt the show if she left.

• dude says:

She only joined the show two years ago and is already being positioned to be one of the main players. It would be really uncool on her part if she jumped ship this soon.

• Jeffrey says:

I can’t respect an opinion that stupid. McKinnon is easily the best thing about snl.

• CJ says:

My guess would be that it’s Kate McKinnon, and the pilot is Ellen Degeneres’ show.

• GeorgiaRule says:

It’s got to be Kate, to be relatively new it’s got to be Kate, Aidy or Cecily. It’s obviously not Cecily because Update makes careers so she should hang around at least for another few years, Aidy’s boyfriend just got hired as a writer for Late Night with Seth Meyers and she is more ingrained in the SNL lifestyle than the others, she’s not about to move to LA, therefore it’s Kate. Dammit. She can’t pull a Chevy Chase and leave prematurely. Give it another three years and shell be set up like Kristen Wiig and Sudeikis were when they left the show, with jobs all over the place, rather than one optimistic pilot.

2. Nerwen Aldarion says:

God I don’t have a clue, my first thought is that it’s Daphne who dies but would they really kill off a little girl?

3. Yay! Excited for more Felicity Smoak backstory. She’s definitely the heart of Arrow.

• Dominator of destruction says:

Diggle is the heart of arrow

• John NYC says:

Stability-wise Diggle is their rock, but I can see Felicity being seen as the emotional “heart”…

• Kay says:

I agree with Diggle as the team’s rock and Felicity as their heart. But what does that leave for Oliver – – the boy who couldn’t be loyal is now the man who can’t keep his pants zipped. I love the show but hate the way Oliver is portrayed as a DOG!!

4. Babygate says:

I’m trying but I really don’t see the “chemistry” that Alex and Jo are purported to have. I still think he looks too old for her and that makes him seem pervy. I really don’t like that they are doing this to Alex. They should have given him an age-appropriate love interest. It’s getting harder and harder to root for any couples on Grey’s Anatomy…

• tjmack says:

So, what pray-tell is age appropriate? If you go by the actor’s real ages, which is what you kind of have to do, since no one really knows how old Alex nor Jo really are, then Justin Chambers is only 13 years older than Camilla.

If you don’t like the couple because they don’t have chemistry, that’s one thing. Everyone sees chemistry different, but I don’t see anything wrong, age wise, with this pairing. I think that Alex (most of the time) has been very sweet and caring with Jo. Especially at the end of last season when her boyfriend beat on her.

I for one am ecstatic about this pairing. I never thought that I would ever like anyone else for Alex besides Izzie. For me, for the longest time, they were meant to be together at the end of the show and I was truly devastated when Katherine left the show. But, I actually enjoy him and Jo together more than I did Izzie. Alex and Jo are kindred spirits. They both have been through the wringer and came out the other side still intact. They have far more in common than him and Izzie ever did. I think that they have a lot of chemistry together. I wished for them to get together long before I ever thought it might happen. Even back when Jo didn’t like him because “He was disgusting” and was sleeping with all the interns. I could see their chemistry way back then, and it’s only grown since they’ve actually become a couple.

• Babygate says:

Your opinion. And you’re entitled to it.

• Nads377 says:

Just like the previous one about no chemistry was your opinion and that you’re entitled to that. No need for that comment just because their opinion differs from yours. I tend to agree more with tjmack. If you really don’t like it, why don’t you just stop watching the show.

• Rachel says:

Right there with you tjmack. I love Alex & Jo, they came just as I was losing interest in the show & they are now the main reason I watch. It seems like I see more people having issues with Alex & Jo’s age difference than I did with Meredith/Derek and Mark/Lexie which is weird to me. Derek & Mark were both established attendings and already well-known in their field dating interns. Alex just finished his residency, he’s not THAT much older than Jo. I think they are adorable together.

• ggny says:

Are you watching the same show? You seriously sounds like someone that is just looking for problems with the show instead of just watching it. Stop watching already if you dont like it Jo and Alex are great together

• tp says:

I agree with the OP. It is one of the reasons I stopped watching. I don’t see it like everyone else does.

• Babygate says:

You are welcome to abstain from responding to a comment you don’t like. Your opinion won’t change my mind. I find that Jo makes Alex look older. They may only be 13 years apart but Camilla looks 25 and he looks 45. And he always looks shaggy. He doesn’t shave and always looks like he needs a haircut while Jo looks like she just put down her pom-poms. That’s my opinion. Feel free to roll your eyes and carry on.

• GoGiants says:

Same argument I had for Sloane/Lexie, they looked a generation removed, never bought them as a couple.

• Maxsmom says:

I agree with this assessment, I have fallen away from Grey’s for months at a time but always return for Christina’s story, and I like the tension with Meredith which feels genuine but where is the genuine romance?

5. Dee says:

Aw. I’m sad about Joel. I think he fits in well on Hart of Dixie.

• tjmack says:

I actually couldn’t be happier with Joel leaving. At first it was just because he was SO wrong for Zoe. Even if she wasn’t going to get back with Wade, her being single would be better than being with Joel.

Now, I just want him gone because he annoys me so badly every single week. He is just such a boring character.

• Lara says:

Really? I am beyond happy to hear that. I wouldn’t mind him so much if we didn’t get to see thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat much of him.

• Fogh says:

So true, that has been the issue this entire season. A guest star shouldn’t get more story lines or screen time than the core characters.

• Curly says:

I feel as though we have tolerated this Zoe/Joel thing long enough…if they are keeping him around as a side kick to Wade, I can accept it, but he needs to be removed as Zoe’s boyfriend ASAP. I suspect the writers started to enjoy writing his quirky NY persona & let him stick around longer than planned. I still see Wade sticking it out with the cousin longer just to prolong the get back together. There is no way the writers are going to let them be a couple this quick. I have missed them as a couple so much that I find myself looking for any sparks between them..they are still there, just buried a bit.

• Lucy says:

I agree! I really like Joel. He’s become such a good part of the cast and I’ve really enjoyed watching him and Zoe together. I guess we’re part of the minority though :(

• ErixN says:

I’m sad too. At first I wasn’t sure how he’d fit in, but I like his friendship with Wade and willingness to put himself out there.

• Lola says:

I cannot wait to see Joel gone and get my show back. Even poor Wade starts to become boring around him. Bye Joel bye…so loooooong….don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

• Autumn says:

I love Joel. It is a pity he’s leaving…

• Maxsmom says:

I like Joel for the same reason I like Zoe, he is the fish out of water, in fact I think his reactions are more realistic than Zoe’s were when she arrived in Blue Bell. I vote for Joel staying even after the breakup and writing a bestseller about the whole affair which brings lots of tourists from across the country and Europe to Blue Bell looking for love. As for the long term, I hold out hope for Zoe/George, of course I am still not over Joey ending up with Pacey over Dawson.

• AT says:

I completely agree with you. I’m sad he’s leaving. I think he’s been a great addition to the series. Personally, I think Joel and Zoe make a really great match. Looking at it outside of shipping, they really balance each other out. I don’t find him boring at all. I bet there’s more people who feel that way too. They just get drowned out by the crowd.

• ... says:

Amen. Crazy, entitled, impatient Wade fangirls are the worst thing about liking Hart of Dixie.

• John NYC says:

And he added some welcome relief to the eternal triangular merrygoround aspect.

• Nicole says:

Me too, I’m glad I’m not the only one…sometimes it feels that way with how vocal the Wade fans are.

6. Tricia says:

I can only assume you’re hinting of Kate McKinnon possibly leaving SNL. AND THAT CAN ONLY CAUSE ME TEARS.

7. amy says:

Oh god I’m so excited about arrow! What will happen to felicity?!!!!

8. tejasjulia says:

It looks like the NCIS gloves are coming off.

• tp says:

I was thinking the same thing. David McCallum is like eff it, what are they gonna do to me?!

• JC says:

Hahaha yeah, I read that and thought “well this won’t end well.”

• tejasjulia says:

The only one it won’t end well for is CDP. No one currently associated with the show has done anything wrong.

• Angela says:

I read that and just went, “…incoming…”. Feel free to join me in the bunker if you wish!

• Pete says:

I thought much the same thing: no one is allowed to tell the truth lest it spoil the little fantasies of the crazy Ziva fans (as oppose to the sane Ziva fans, of which there are many).

• Patrick says:

I can see the cast getting POd. In this TV environment, who walks away from a show like this. NCIS would’ve done anything for her. If she wanted to procreate, they would have worked around her schedule. It is an ensemble show, so she already has plenty of days off, and she makes a fortune.

And if she wanted time off for other projects, I hope she loves micro financed indie films, cause studios don’t like to hire people who walk away from cash cows. It makes them scared that said actor will one day walk away from another cash cow. And, since the show’s ratings haven’t been hit that much, I suspect they will now offer her a pay CUT should she want to return.

• John NYC says:

“who walks away from a show like this”

Well, people have private agendas and aspirations so I’m comfortable with people deciding to make changes, but in such complex structures as shows the way those changes are executed, involving so many beyond the one person, is what I look at, and what Mr. McCallum was certainly referring to. That old adage “the show must go on” had that built in: a team effort and a team responsibility.

• TullaT says:

micro financed indie films? she is working the #the33, with A+ list actors.

• Rob says:

A+? In what alternate universe or alien nation? Lou Diamond Phillips can’t even get a constant series on SYFY. What was his latest credit? Food Network cooking show? Banderas? When was the last non-animated thing he did? Sheen is the only one I’d consider mild A list.

• Alisa Neely says:

LDP’s MOST recent show was “LONGMIRE” on A&E……which supossedly is RETURNING this summer…..as for the rest of the actors you mentioned: HAVE NO IDEA.

• flootzavut says:

Cote doesn’t, to me, seem like the kind of person who would walk away because they couldn’t give her the money she wanted, but yup, if that was her aim, then I suspect it has failed. The consistent ratings have seriously undermined the notion that some held, that viewers watched for Cote.

David McCallum is a proper old gent of show biz. I can’t see him making those kinds of comments if he remotely felt that CBS had mistreated her. It’s only those convinced that Cote could not possibly have “let them down”, and couldn’t have any interest beyond continuing on NCIS, that can seriously read it another way. Though heaven knows there are plenty of people who will continue to believe just that *sigh*

9. BJ says:

Well, people can dream.

10. Kat says:

OMG… I bet Scarlett’s new lover will be Liam. I kind of have a feeling that it might be.
    And another death that hits Teddy on Nashville? I can’t imagine who that could be since there basically only are his kids he cares for anymore, right? Or is there someone else? We haven’t seen anything or anyone else anymore he’s close to… unless of course it’s Robert Wisdom’s character, but we haven’t seen him in a while. He used to be close to him, but I wouldn’t exactly call him THAT important for the show!

• TinLV says:

I don’t think Scarlett’s new love affair is going to last long, assuming it’s Liam. Wasn’t he just cast in a major role on Game of Thrones ? I suppose he could do both, depending on how much of a workaholic he is. I can’t imagine who’s death would affect Teddy more than anyone else.. if it was one of his kids, that would affect a lot more players than just Teddy, so that can’t be it.

• Elyse says:

I was thinking Liam too! I wouldn’t be mad.

11. sladewilson says:

Hits Teddy the hardest? Please not one of those kids. The only other person I can see is if Teddy and the lawyer hook up and then… ruh roh….

• Ava says:

Could Teddy be the one to die? Hence it literally hits him the hardest?

• Kristi says:

Oh now there’s a thought. I mean they killed off his wife and there really are so many other story lines going on that he has gotten lost in the shuffle. Maybe he will be killed off to. They kind of hinted that he may be in danger. hmmmmmm

• MJ says:

I think it’s still Lamar — but it’ll hit Teddy the hardest because he let him die and, and he’ll have caused his family a lot of pain.

12. Shauna says:

I have no idea what the Olicity blind word is and I NEED to know.

• Sarra says:

I think it’s backstory :)

• Shauna says:

Yes!!! I was too excited to figure it out! Thank you!

• kath says:

Infor on her backstory in this one, hopefully the whole arc next season.

I hope the person Felicity talks to is Sara. Both girls need a BFF they can trust.

• Garnet74 says:

I totally agree. I’d love a Felicity/Sara friendship. Felicity’s such an awesome character and both she and Sara need a girl friend they can trust and open up to. Plus they’re such an odd couple/unexpected duo. It would be a lot of fun.

13. Dj says:

McCallum comments make me believe the rumors of why Cote left?

• LP says:

which ones……there are several floating around out there……

• snappy says:

See Huffington Post and the way CBS short changes women actors. They did with Criminal Minds. I haven’t watched NCIS much this year — the character Bishop is ok but way to quirky and the other characters in the show don’t know how to interact with her. She is way too Abby.

• Lori Fugate says:

CDP was making damn near what Weatherly makes, and they offered her more than that. She said she wanted to leave to spend time with her family in Chile and she was using Gibbs Rule #11. You all have got to understand…David McCallum is an “old school” actor. You stick around until production writes you off and don’t play games with the production management. He believes in loyalty. The entire production team and writers were not given enough time to plan around CDP leaving…that’s why the entire season to this point is CHOPPY, UNBALANCED and they are throwing the Bishop character at the audience with force. And Bishop’s character is coming across as FORCED. Not one character is acting to their type…we barely see Abby, Ducky, Vance or Palmer. Gibbs isn’t acting as Gibbs, Tony is turning weird and Tim, dang he’s getting the short end of the stick. Finally, Tim had something going on outside of work that wasn’t computers or writing. The viewers were finally seeing Tim as a person with his relationship with Delilah; which was cool (but wishing it was Abby)…then they writers threw that relationship under the bus by paralyzing Delilah; so they could focus the storyline on Bishop. Funny, Bishop is married but she is operating like she’s single.

• Ro says:

IIRC, what’s’ername, Sophia Loren’s daughter-in-law was desperate to leave NCIS as she found the work schedule exhausting under the previous showrunners. (I know – her name is Sasha Alexander and she’s on tv again as Isles, in Rizzoli & Isles) She begged to be killed off. Maybe CDP just got very, very tired. Especially after she got very very wealthy. Maybe she’s rested now.

• John NYC says:

In response to the overall conditions that Sasha Alexander was pointing out there came a conflict that Mark Harmon stepped into that resulted in the show’s originator, Donald Bellisario, from being disconnected from the show. So the working conditions would have shifted from when Sasha felt she had to leave.

Not to say the usual rigorous conditions that ALL television show productions have (not being a morning person those early calls alone make me shudder) hadn’t gotten to Cote. But then that’s just the reality of the job in many ways.

• TullaT says:

if she wsa that tired, why negotiate for months? she would have just said it’s done.

• Rob says:

You buy that “personal reasons” mean an 11th hour walkout, yes?

• sd says:

The real problem is how dumb is it shows have contract negotiations that go that close to production. She wasn’t under contract so its not like she forced her way out hurting the show. They should have planned the season for both alternatives if she stayed or if she left.

• TullaT says:

she was not even making half what he makes. CBS is notorious for shafting women and minorities. don’t bother defending them.

• Rob says:

Before, or after the “significant cash bonus” she scored last contract update.

• Alisa Neely says:

cote was NO WHERE worth the $$$$ that MW,MH and DAVID get paid….she DOESN’T have the work under her belt, that those 3 MEN do…..and according to the BIG WIGS of CBS, $$$$ was NOT the issue….they offered her LOTS of it and she STILL turned them down….and then LEFT her co-stars HANGING in the wind….and she called herself a FRIEND to them…..YEAH, RIGHT.

• flootzavut says:

The HuffPost article written by a Cote apologist? Yup, that’s unbiased… *headdesk*

• Toni Wyatt says:

CBS also did it to Blue Bloods and Jennifer Esposito. She has some kind of medical condition that she needs to rest if she get overworked. She did pass out on set one day and asked for a couple days off well she got those days and more permanently. She was replaced immediately. So to be honest with you I really don’t hold much credit to some of these media cites. Most will take a sentence or a couple words and go with it and turn the sentences and words around to make it sound more inviting so public will read it and believe it. I don’t know the reason why and I’d bet no else knows the reason why Cote left NCIS. She was great in the show and NCIS was my favorite show. Since she has left and they put Bishop in there I don’t watch it anymore. She’s an idiot and definitely doesn’t fit plus the rest of the cast act like they’re in a different show altogether. Whether Cote comes back or not it’s on her, What I hope is they get rid of Bishop for good.

14. Shira says:

Guess Scarlett is hooking up with Liam on Nashville, ha? Good for her :) And what does it mean about Teddy? Does it mean it’s not Lamar or that it is Lamar but that he;s going to die before paying for his crimes

15. Edgar Humpert says:

blah, blah, what that now? Who is the next to talk about Cote de Pablo? The room service? Respect is apparently a foreign word for you. For if you had forget what your proffession.

Journalism is a method of inquiry and literary style that aims to provide a service to the public by the dissemination and analysis of news and other information. Journalistic integrity is based on the principles of truth, disclosure, and editorial independence. Journalistic mediums can vary diversely, from print publishing to electronic broadcasting, and from newspaper to television channels, as well as to the web, and to digital technology.

16. Sarra says:

FINALLY. Can’t wait for Felicity’s backstory. She’s such a great character (my favorite female on the show) and it’s sad that we know so little about her.

• dude says:

She’s a really thin character, there isn’t much to know. I hope this episode isn’t centered around her, she’s overexposed enough as it is.

• Dominator of destruction says:

Agreed i think Sara is a much richer character and more interesting

• Sarra says:

That’s your opinion, I don’t agree at all. Keeping up with the spoilers, I can tell you the episode is no centered around her at all (Laurel and the Lance family are the focus for the next episodes) so you have nothing to worry lol Anyway, thanks again for the spoilers. Made me even more excited for the episode since I love her character and I was waiting for some backstory.

17. Kelly Deeny says:

I hope Cote comes back. She’s a gifted actress and “Ziva” a much-needed character.

18. leabell says:

sigh….secret Arrow word must be backstory although I would prefer makes out

19. skiki says:

You know what death would hit Teddy the hardest? Him dying. Fingers x’d.

20. Spencer says:

The hint for Arrow’s Felicity is ‘backstory’! Which I’m super excited to see! :)

21. sophia7470 says:

Oh nooooo, I dont want anything to drive a wedge between olicity! That would be so sad :( They have put the breaks on the last couple of weeks and I guess they’re going to put some distance between them, hopefully building to a fab reconciliation towards the end of the season. A girl can hope… :)

I’m pretty sure the hidden tease re felicity is ‘backstory’, um YAY.

• kath says:

At least they’re talking beyond “look he broke out of prison” “Find out where he’s going, Felicity”. The last two episodes they’ve barely interacted beyond the crime fighting level.

22. Dani says:

The only way i can see the Nashville death hitting Teddy the hardest is if HE is actually the one dying lmao (bc would they really kill of one of the kids). And i really hope it is him bc he is useless.

23. Ryan says:

McCallum’s comments make sense. I’m glad there is someone who isn’t saying how much they love and miss her. Now that she’s gone, I hope she stays gone.

• Jennifer says:

I agree, I don’t miss her.

Plus ROCK ON DAVID MC.

• tejasjulia says:

Seriously. I doubt anyone who’s spent more than 15 minutes in the industry who doesn’t understand how unprofessional her behavior was. Good riddance.

• Luca says:

I find ridiculous to say unprofessional behavior! She was not under contract and this was not a secret! She made ​​the best choice for herself like everyone else. I wish her good luck!

• tejasjulia says:

Every time you all bleat about how she wasn’t under contract any more so it doesn’t matter demonstrate how little you know what you’re talking about. She violated the professional “good practices” of her industry and it will haunt her.

• tejasjulia says:

Amen. I know they’ve been trying to keep a lid on things, but enough is enough. Time to stop muzzling everyone. She’s gone, she’s done.

• TV Gord says:

I thought I would miss her but I don’t. The show is chugging along just fine without her.

• tp says:

I thought I would miss her too but those few episodes I watched without her were pretty good. I left after the blond chick came on.

• TullaT says:

the blonde chick is a train wreck. tonight’s show was ridiculous. Gibbs doubted her for one minute, then let her work the case completely unethically. Then made her a probie. This is a complete train wreck.

• TullaT says:

I thought the show would be fine without her. I have been shocked at how bad it is without her.

• AH says:

Well, that’s your opinion. Mine is, I loved tonight’s episode and the show is keeping me enthralled with the plot lines. Not sure where you are getting your “bad” vibes from, I thought it was done very well. Guess some people will never be happy unless they get their own way.

• John NYC says:

Agreed, those first five episodes that had to be extensively reworked had rough spots but even then the reviewed energy was an uplift for me from a show that had gone a bit flat. My NCIS viewing had drifted to L.A. first, original NCIS later and that’s switched this season.

They’re still showing signs of the retooling but with such an abrupt leave what’s to be expected?

• KTBoundary says:

I did not think her leaving would be a big deal, but I was shocked at how big a deal it is. ever since she left the show is a train wreck. No direction. Terrible stories. All of the characters are not themselves. i was not prepared for how devastating her departure would be.

• Polly Bryant says:

No I want her back she is wonderful. Much better than Bishop. Don’t really like the show now

• kajar says:

Actually, to me, Mr. McCullum’s words merely reinforce the notion that Ms. de Pablo must have had a very good and very *personal* reason for leaving when and the way she did. Who’s to say? Not for me to judge when I haven’t walked in her shoes. Was it hard on everyone? Yes. Did it sink the ship? No. Let’s move on.

• E says:

Bravo (or “brava” as the case may be).

• flootzavut says:

Good lord, common sense. Thank you and hallelujah.

I can’t see David making comments like that if he felt shed been remotely thrown under the bus by CBS, and similarly, although she’s always given the impression she felt no desire to stay on till the bitter end no matter what, I don’t think Cote would just up and leave without a good reason. It seems likely to me that her reasons were personal (she’s said that they are private, but apparently some of her biggest “fans” aren’t willing to respect that…), and highly unlikely that it was just about money.

Ironically, the most reliable sources, those involved with the cast etc, say it wasn’t money, and the sources who said it was were “anonymous” and vague sources quoted by people like the National Enquirer. Amazing how some people will take something from that rag to heart, and leap all over the real people with actual information and tell them they were wrong. Some of the cast, crew and their associates have got some serious grief from people who have believed the shoddy journalism and unnamed sources over real people with actual knowledge of what went on. Such is the desperation to assume Cote was forced out and that she’d come back in a heartbeat if CBS would just treat her right. It’s nuts.

24. katrina says:

I think the death will be Lamar..and it will hit him the hardest cause he will be the prime suspect! :) Maybe right? They couldn’t kill his daughter! Wish we could get some True blood scoop Micheal!!

25. Someone close to Teddy Good God I hope it isn’t one of the girls Could be the Lawyer he and Decon have been sleeping with :)
    NCIS give the new gir a chance and Abby’s friend too As for Ziva that ship has sailed :(

26. Nikki S. says:

I needed something to distract me from SVU, and then I found Bates Motel. All I can say is I can’t wait for season 2. I flew through the first season. The season 2 trailer is very intriguing.

27. MGL says:

I said this last night after watching Hart of Dixie, Joel is just not that exciting. I like Zoe and Wade, but I really wish they had just tested the waters with George. The few times they were together that first season there was chemistry. It just seemed ridiculous how they ignored her and George completely and brought Joel into the picture. I doubt it has been a ratings boost!

• tp says:

I know I would have stuck around if they had given her and George a try.

• Ames says:

I feel the same way…i really wanted to see her give it a go with George. I understand Zade is endgame but i feel like that would have been MUCH more interesting than “I wanna be a cowboy” Joel

• MP says:

That’s funny, I was thinking the same thing last night about Zoe and George. I’m a Zoe and Wade fan; I think they have amazing chemistry together, unlike Zoe and Joel, who have zero chemistry, in my opinion. But last night I was watching George’s scenes and thought to myself how Zoe and George never had a shot. They’ve barely had any scenes together really. I would’ve liked to have seen Adam Brody play Joel. I’m not opposed to Zoe having other love interests, I would just like there to be some chemistry there. I would also selfishly like a Seth and Summer reunion, also. This season of HoD has been terrible for me. It used to be my favorite show. It seems like the ratings have dropped quite a bit this season, unfortunately.

28. Drew says:

Arrow has been great and I can’t wait to see Felicity’s backstory.
    That said, the writers should have learned from Smallville’s mistakes and kept Moira out of politics. Senator Martha Kent was a huge, character destroying development. I know this could be a twist on the comic book story where Oliver is mayor but still, I am worried.

• Hannah says:

Senator M. Kent was a way of getting rid of an old cast member that wasn’t needed anymore since her son became a grown man. Since Oliver isn’t a teenager I don’t think it’s the same.

• Drew says:

True. But it was still a horrible development for the character. It was absurd, and in that respect, Arrow is in the same danger. Nobody is realistically voting for Moira. She wouldn’t have even gotten out of prison without Malcolm pulling strings.

29. Lysh says:

I’ve heard we get “some” of Felicity’s backstory in tomorrow’s episode (it was in Stephen Amell’s Q&A), so I’m not expecting a lot but I’m very excited for whatever we get! It’s kind of weird loving a character after this long and not knowing much about her.

30. TullaT says:

I’m with Michael Weatherly. I really hope Cote de Pablo returns to the show. The season is a mess now. New character Bishop is the pits.

• JJ says:

I totally agree about Bishop, I’m not a fan. Though honestly I think Michael should jump ship as well. Then Tony can move to Israel with Ziva and Michael can get a new show that really showcases his talent. He deserves a show where he isn’t second fiddle.

• TullaT says:

agreed, he is being completely wasted on the show right now. If he doesn’t get some seriously substantial material soon, he needs to get out of there. He can easily get his own show. Eleven years is a long time for a fine actor like him to run around being humiliated by Gibbs. Now he has to follow around Bishop.

• Rob says:

Michael knows how valuable he is to the show, and as David said, this isn’t a show you walk away from.

• KTBoundary says:

I am honestly hoping Michael Weatherly bails. He has been on this show so long, and now that BIshop showed up, his character is useless. He can easily get his own show. he is VERY popular and marketable. This is the time to jump.

• Rob says:

Did you miss the rolled eyes at the end of the Weatherly comment?

• tejasjulia says:

Apparently so. Many of her fans ignore Weatherly’s delightful vein of sarcasm.

• JJ says:

Are you serious? If you think that was a sarcastic eye roll then you are bonkers. And you can’t say that Cote’s fans ignore Michael’s sarcasm. I’m a Cote fan but I’m a MUCH bigger Michael fan and he tends to dodge questions with his lovely brand of wit but he also doesn’t shy away from being sincere about his feelings regarding the people he works with.

• John 1138 says:

The entire cast has to be getting very tired of this: they work their butts off and then get asked just about a former cast member who abandoned them? Very old.

How about questions on plots? Future character directions for the actors character? Stuff about them?

• KTBoundary says:

spoiler: no one cares about the plots any more. just look on facebook. the plots are BOOORING

• Ohgrowup says:

And you are rude and annoying………

31. JJ says:

Am I crazy or is there no Scandal scoop on this page? The title says it and there’s a picture of Fitz & Mellie but I don’t see any actual scoop on the show…am I right or is my ipad playing tricks on me?

• TV Gord says:

Question: Maybe something on Revenge about Victoria’s love life? Or something scandalous about Scandal? —Kokoniasta

Ausiello: Scandal it is! Know how we told you that First Kids Jerry (Jr? The III? IV?) and Karen are being cast? Well, the teens reading for those roles best be ready to Shut. It. Down. Jerry shows up with a chip on his shoulder that makes him less than receptive to talking the talk that’s being fed to him by a media consultant. Karen, meanwhile, initially comes off as very much her mother’s daughter – she might even wonder aloud why Mellie puts up with that man — but said simpatico tune quickly changes when she finds out about [spoiler].

32. Meg says:

Yay more about Felicity. Can’t wait.

33. David McCallum is certainly entitled to his opinion, and so is Michael Weatherly. I would love to see Cote de Pablo return to the show, if that’s what she wants.

• kath says:

David McCallum sounds like a cranky old man. Until the whole story is revealed, I’m withholding judgement.

All I know is, I’m not nearly as interested in NCIS as I was. If S.H.I.E.L.D. were a better show, I wouldn’t be watching NCIS at all any more.

• Nancy Wells says:

Actually, David McCallum sounds like just what he is–a professional who was giving his opinion. You may not agree and that is your choice–but really, is name calling withholding judgement? No, it’s being judgmental, see how that works?

• kath says:

It is not professional to express “frustration and anger” to the media about someone he worked with. Cote de Pablo was in talks with CBS for months so it looks like she wanted to come back. Unless David McCallum wants to tell the whole story and where negotiations broke down, he should stick with the platitudes that all ex co-workers give.

• tejasjulia says:

Where on earth do you get the idea that it’s unprofessional to speak about a former coworker who behaved badly in a business situation?

• John 1138 says:

His honesty is welcome.

Walking out on all your cast mates and crew at the last moment is a cheap, self centered move. Unprofessional indeed.

And there’s one of the cast stating that’s precisely what occurred.

Frankly that Gibbs line that she’d made a decision so “move on ” sounded like it had some personal backing, so he and David might be on the same page.

At which point “Bye Felicia “.

Fan since the JAG days. Good show, it’s freshened up this season even before Bishop was introduced so the writers reaction to change was a positive , IMHO.

• BlacklisterNo.134 says:

I think he sounds cranky as well. I have always admired him but this was completely unnecesary since he is implying that she should have stayed even if she was unhappy with her contract. She had every right to not reup and McCallum seems to have no understanding of that with these comments.

• Rob says:

Mr. McCallum seems to have a very firm opinion on Cote, when he cites her replacement as “a complete antithesis to everything that Cote de Pablo was.

Emily is quite enchanting and a delight to be with and a wonderful actress.”
          Courtesy of his Digital Spy article.

It sounds as if he was more bothered by the timing, rather than the fact that she went.

• Debbie says:

I agree. Michael is entitled to his opinion. I’m glad he’s a “BIG FAN” of Emily Wickersham!

34. Jessica says:

Can someone fill me in on the rumors of why Cote De Pablo left NCIS? I have heard so many things!

I know she is missed on the show and I would LOVE to see her come back!! I think she got screwed by CBS and I won’t be watching NCIS without her! I believe her when she said it was not about money, that it was about something else. I have lost all respect for the actor who plays Ducky now for saying that about her. She stood up for what she wanted and I commend her for that!

• tp says:

I like her too but what she did wasn’t very professional. Very similar to how Mandy Patinkin kept leaving shows.

• Meg says:

Cote has said she left for “personal reasons.” Except for the multitude of rumors floating around the Inter-Webs, there is nothing that points to CBS refusing to meet her demands.

David McCallum has every right to say what he said. She gave them a week’s notice before leaving, and the entire trajectory of the season had to change because of it. To wait until the last minute to sign a contract, when you know your decision effects so many other decisions, is unprofessional and shows a lack of courtesy for your fellow castmates and the crew.

• TullaT says:

oh please ,she was in negotiations for months. A professional showrunner should have had a contingency plan.

• Pete says:

A contingency plan also costs money, which would have been wasted if she signed as expected. de Pablo’s representatives must have led CBS to believe that the contract was all but signed and it was just i-dotting & t-crossing that remained.

• TullaT says:

it’s just common sense. if you watch old episodes, any time a major character was played by an actor who had not re-signed, they left ambiguity in the story to allow for the possibility they would not return, Gary Glasberg and the whole cast were FULLY aware Cote had not signed. it’s Gary who was unprofessional.

• Pete says:

Filling you in on the rumors doesn’t really help much, as they are all so contradictory.
      There are a few indisputable facts: she was in negotiations with CBS for over 6 months & CBS had been led to believe that she was going to sign once final details had been ironed out; however clumsily, the CBS boss, Les Moonves, said that her leaving was not due to money & that CBS had tried to keep her; de Pablo herself said that her reasons for leaving were deeply personal and that she would never tell; she also gave several (mostly non-US) interviews over the preceding couple of years indicating that she wanted to do other things with her career, not just NCIS, and that she didn’t plan to stay for 10 years; and finally, negotiations were terminated without her signing a new contract just days before filming of season 11 was due to begin.
      Despite the cries that CBS would not pay her enough, Moonves’ comments and the length of negotiations rather imply that money was not the issue – money is a pretty fundamental aspect of a contract, as is the length of that contract, so it is hard to believe that negotiations could have continued for that length of time if both sides were not on the same page with those aspects. (Weatherly signed his most recent contract in July 2012 – also ‘very late in the day’ – but there were hints that this was due to ironing out details about his directing of episodes rather than fundamentals.)
      It does appear that she made a last minute decision not to return, whether that was due to something that happened over the summer break, because she couldn’t face returning to the grindstone or because she had hints of possible film work but knew that she was not free to pursue such opportunities whilst under contract to NCIS – that is something we might never find out.
      Her last minute departure does seem to have blindsided many connected to the show, and I can well understand that the remaining cast would feel hurt and betrayed by her shock departure – especially as the reaction of a small, but significant number of fans has been to attack them without mercy because of it, because of something which they had no control over and was not really their business…
      However I am unwilling to demonise her for her decision to leave, what I am disappointed about is her response to all of this. I can understand an unwillingness to say “never” about returning to the show – after all that would close a door from her side, but allowing people to believe that she was shafted by CBS and her co-stars is not something I am impressed by.
      Equally I see no proof that CBS did anything wrong here – yes, there is circumstantial evidence that CBS ‘has form’ at underpaying female actors; but there is also circumstantial evidence that young actors have fame go to their head!

• E says:

Okay, I’m not sure your post should be allowed to stay on this board, Pete. Or even the whole internet. It is much too reasonable.

• Angela says:

Haha, my thoughts exactly.
          Seriously, though, Pete, that was perhaps the best post I’ve ever seen in regards to this seemingly never-ending discussion. Kudos.

• Janice W says:

It really doesn’t matter to me what the reasons are that Cote left the show. I do know that the writers are doing a lousy job of writing Emily Wickersham’s lines and the last show I just could not watch. They wrote Ziva meeting Tony in the men’s room one time. Now they write Emily meeting him in the men’s room. I just gave up and watched Castle dvds. It is a shame because NCIS was one of my favorite shows, but not any more. I hope they can get their rhythm back, but until then I can’t watch the show. Now, if Cote did come back I would be willing to give it a try again.

• Debbie says:

What about those elevator meetings between Gibbs and just about everybody? Even elevator meetings between two people and Gibbs is not one of them! Shock! That shouldn’t have happened after it was done once! These writers can’t write (suddenly this season, apparently).
          And Ziva has humiliated Tony in the bathroom more than once. How unoriginal of those writers (oh, but that was last season and before. I guess it was okay then)
          Hope you find a show you like…and that doesn’t repeat any scene locations.

• KTBoundary says:

these are the SAME writers. they have been handed a turd of a character, and as Bart Simpson said, you can’t polish a turd. The writers are doing the best they can with a bad character.

• TullaT says:

thanks for your post, it was clearly a complicated situation.

• KTBoundary says:

contract issues. she asked for a little schedule leeway, they said suck it, she said screw you.

35. kath says:

Finally some Felicity scoop! Thank you!

I’m enjoying the other stories the show is telling (mostly) but Felicity is my favorite character and her scenes and storyline has been sadly lacking.

36. lisa says:

Bye Bye Joel you can’t get out of BB soon enough. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
    This reeks of damage control after the backlash last night.

37. Claire says:

Wow! Is it my birthday?! Info on Felicity AND Ziva — be still my heart! First, Ziva! That would be great if she did come back — I miss her. Hopefully the cast would welcome her back if that happened. The show needs her :)

Now for Felicity — I am hoping to get a tad more info on her other than her favorite ice cream. Backstory would be BRILLIANT. And about time! After the past couple of episodes viewers don’t have to worry about whether she can make a story stick — she made it stick at “of course, I know who you are … “ and has stopped since.

• kath says:

I know they’ve pushed her big story arc to next season, but the lack of anything on Felicity has really been ridiculous, especially when we’re getting arcs and backstories on the other characters..

38. Alice says:

That news about Joel not being on Hart of Dixie the entire season- made my day. Ugh, my beautiful show- why did they do this to us for 16 episodes? Soooo happy he’s leaving.

39. tp says:

I don’t like the Bash/Mary story arc but Catherine having a secret sex life might draw me back in. I’ve hated how she seems to have no one while the king walks around with that conniving Diane. He shows Catherine no respect whatsoever.

40. Mary says:

Sheesh, I don’t get David McCallum acting like she broke a blood oath or something. I’m sure she had her reason for leaving and no one is required to renew a contract! I do hope she comes back since the whole her leaving didn’t make any sense. Also, not a fan of blondie.

• tejasjulia says:

It has nothing to do with not renewing her contract. It has to do with months of negotiation in apparent good faith only to storm out at the last minute. The writers start to produce scripts in July, I believe, and they might lay out the story arcs starting in June. When she walked out, 5 scripts were in the can and they were working like mad, as always, on the next ones. Because of her unprofessional behavior, production had to do rush rewrites which can screw up everything from sets to costuming to guest stars.

When an actor on a series leaves, the *professional* thing to do is to give decent notice. Not the 2 weeks most folks in ordinary jobs give, but months, if not a season. You *don’t* negotiate for months only to walk out a week before shooting starts. At that point, both sides should be aware that they’re talking about the color of trailer furniture or having a particular brand of green tea available from craft services every morning. CBS still had their offer on the table. It was up to CDP to determine if it was too far off what she wanted to keep going. CBS assumed, apparently wrongly, that they were dealing with an actor with a rational, professional attitude who would conduct herself in a professional manner.

She didn’t.

As a result the entire production suffered. Production suffered financially and people suffered from not only having their creative work radically disrupted but also, as we’ve seen here and as has been intimated in a variety of interviews and comments because they feel they were let down by a coworker they likely trusted to some degree.

It doesn’t matter if she wants to come back or not. I sincerely doubt they’d have her at this point.

• Fernanda says:

I’ve had a company. Any decision on contracts rests with the contractor (business owner), never fit the contractor (employees, suppliers …). It happens this way by the very “health” of the business. A contractor does not leave important decisions about their business in the hands of employees. Cote de Pablo was an employee of CBS. She had no power to decide WHEN her employment contract would be signed. Is there a deadline for negotiations and there is a deadline for closure of negotiations in signing contracts. These limits are set by the company. Unless the business owner is incompetent.

• tejasjulia says:

You are not apparently in the television business.

• BlacklisterNo.134 says:

I am not in the television business but I am in the legal field. I can tell you all contracts have deadlines. If CBS set a bad deadline or no deadline or kept the showrunners out of the loop then they were being incompetent.
            Lastly you do not negotiate for months if you intend to quit. As someone with some legal experience I can tell you lawyers are not cheap and I am sure at her level her lawyers are super expensive. If she negotiated for months it was clear that she had willingness to return if they offered her whatever it is that she wanted.

• Fernanda says:

Are you? Tell me then how it works. One TV is not a company? Is that so?

• TullaT says:

a professional showrunner, who was FULLY AWARE of her 6 months long negotiation, would have had a contingency plan.

• tejasjulia says:

Who would have thought that a supposedly professional adult would behave in such a spiteful and punitive manner? What “contingency plan” would you have them do? Write twice as many scripts based on an either/or situation that should not have happened? And *would* not have happened had one member of the cast behaved in a professional manner. People keep trying to excuse her behavior but there is no excuse for it.

• Rob says:

Maybe her lack of a professional timeframe and notice screwed him like it screwed the rest of the cast and crew.

• Mary says:

Good lord, so many responses from those who were apparently privy to private contractual negotiations! TVLine, here’s your scoop!

• tejasjulia says:

No one has to personally be privy to a specific negotiation to understand how it works and to relay what one of the parties involved has said publicly and match it up to the public behavior of the other party.

This isn’t rocket science.

• Mary says:

Whatever. I stand by my original comments. A lot of it is conjecture. You clearly have taken CDP’s departure personally for some reason – maybe she’s no longer interested in acting any more, who knows? But I appreciate your zeal in your attempts to shoot down anyone who thinks otherwise. :)

• tejasjulia says:

No, I just detest such unprofessionalism and seeing a show I like thrown into turmoil by a spoiled child.

• Meg says:

Considering she signed on to do a movie, I don’t think she has a desire to leave acting.

• Rob says:

A movie in Chile, with one B- list actor who hasn’t had a non-animation role in years, Martin Sheen and a bunch of other rather unknowns. This isn’t going to be a summer blockbuster. More likely right to DVD.

• snappy says:

I believe you must have inside knowledge of the negotiations that no one else did — bravo.
            The end result however, is that most NCIS fans miss the character Ziva and Cote de Pablo. I realize you are not a fan and do not miss her — everyone has a right to their opinion, correct?

• TullaT says:

LOLOL at Rob. actors in the film include Antonio Banderas, Juliette Binoche, Gabriel Byrne. All A++ actors.

• John 1138 says:

Excellent, then she’ll never need to dredge up the Ziva bit again and everyone can move on.

Win-win.

• Rob says:

No, they’re not. Clooney and Pitt are A list. None of the actors you mentioned have been A list, or approaching it, in a decade or more, barring Banderas’ animation roles. When was any of these so called “A listers” in a justifiable hit? BInoche in Chocolat in 2000?

• guest says:

Well since some of you claim to be in the business and are apparent neighbors of Mark Harmon, why don’t you just ask him why Cote left?! This is so old. I don’t know why she left. You don’t know why she left. To imply that she stormed off in a huff and was unprofessional is pure speculation.
            I’m not commenting on it as if I know. You
            don’t know where her career will take her so
            stop speculating about that, too. She is
            gone. Move on. David McCallum has a right
            to express frustration for how things
            ended. However, to say that Cote is the
            antithesis of Emily is rude and
            unprofessional. Cote has never spoken
            badly about her costars. She is not
            responsible for how a group of her fans is
            behaving or for what they say or do. Would
            you respond to that craziness? I wouldn’t.
            And as for Michael he has stated on his
            own Twitter page that he and Cote are still
            very close and on The Talk he said they text
            and keep in contact with one another. If
            the show is so much better without Ziva
            and Emily is enchanting well then, those
            anti Ziva viewers and David should just be
            happy and stop slamming and complaining about someone who is no longer around.

• tejasjulia says:

Most of us are just glad she’s gone.

• Rob says:

Hollywood is a small town, Mary, and if you’ve been in the entertainment industry decades, you hear a lot.

• BlacklisterNo.134 says:

The deadline was probably set by CdP and CBS. If CBS was so worried about the season they probably should have set the deadline in June. Clearly they expected NCIS and Glasberg to deliver with the deadline that was given and they have not.
        These people are professional writers and they have to deal with much worse than someone not renewing their contracts which is always a possibility. See: George Eads, Mandy Patinkin (2 times), Katherine Heigl. CdP had a right not to renew her contract and the writers should have been ready for that as well. No excuses.

• snappy says:

I agree with your earlier comments — nothing personal about contract negotiations at all. It is a business decision made by the actor and the corporate conglomeration. I know people who conduct business negotiations agree that decisions like this happen daily. The current actors on NCIS get paid well and re-negotiate when their contract is up to the best of their advantage. They are not appearing on this show for charity or for the greater good — this is show business and it pays well.

• Lori Fugate says:

The deadline was in June…over the entire summer CBS was negotiating with her. SHE decided to leave a week or less before production started. NORMALLY NCIS contracts are renewed by June…near the end of airings. As history has been reported, every time one of the actors renews their contracts on the show. Normally, David and Pauley are first.

• Blacklister No.134 says:

Clearly the deadline was not in June since the decision was announced in mid-July. Just because some contracts are renewed in June does not mean that the deadline is in June. In this particular case it is clear the deadline was in July. Cote cannot hold out after a deadline because negotiations do not work that way. If CBS wanted an earlier deadline they could have walked out in June. Since they did not CBS was fine with them deciding on the contract with a week left before production.
            CBS probably thought that the showrunners would have an alternate plan and the professional writers would rise up to the challenge of having to write a new season without a character who did not renew a contract. They were clearly incapable of doing it but it is not Cote’s fault that they were incompetent in that regard because both parties decided on the deadline in the first place.

• TullaT says:

professional time frame? they ALL knew she had not signed. they h ad no contingency plan. that’s on them.

• Rob says:

These sorts of contract negotiations rarely break down at such a late date. Historically, it is on the actor. If Cote’s reasons were indeed personal, then no amount of negotiating would work. Hence the feeling of a lack of professionalism.

• TullaT says:

she is a well respected professional. it is COMPLETELY uncharacteristic for her to do that. That indicated something else happened.

If you say so. . .

• BlacklisterNo.134 says:

A lack of professionalism would have been breaking the contract like Mandy Patinkin or Katherine Heigl. Since she was not under contract she did nothing wrong. The lack of professionalism was shown by the showrunners in not having a contingency plan if she did not renew her contract.

• Ohgrowup says:

So, TulaT, you know this how? “Completely uncharacteristic”, you speak with such matter of exactness about everything that transpired–were you there? Personal friends with Cote? Or just pulling things out of the air and blowing smoke? The last one I bet…..

• TullaT says:

the ENTIRE cast and crew knew she had not signed, for MONTHS. professional showrunners always have Plan B. Glasberg did not. That is on him.

• tejasjulia says:

No, they didn’t. The cast who have spoken about it at all found out when production found out – about a week before shooting started. They were all shocked because a professional doesn’t behave that way.

41. Rob says:

David McCallum is a class act. That he feels the need to speak out is endemic of the problem Cote was.

• tejasjulia says:

Exactly. He’s been in television since, what, the 60s? Before then? Was Man From U.N.C.L.E. his first series? He has a reputation as the consummate professional. That he has spoken out speaks volumes.

• kath says:

He may be a class act at other times, but that statement wasn’t.

• tejasjulia says:

Actually it was. He didn’t get into whatever nitty-gritty details he may or may not be privy to, but merely expressed his frustration over the situation. What isn’t classy is how CDP behaved.

• Rob says:

Why is that, Kath? Mr. McCallum spoke about his frustration at her business choice, which undoubtedly impacted him and his schedule, seeing that part of his family is East and part West Coast. If the man had a direct impact neither you, nor I, experienced, he’s more than entitled to voice that opinion. He didn’t attack Cote’s character, or business decision, he only expressed frustration at her choice. And were I a co-worker hearing a personal decision led to an 11th hour choice, I might well feel the same way.

• guest says:

But that’s where you’re wrong. He did attack her character. I am fine with him stating his frustration and anger at her abrupt departure. I, too, would feel hurt at the suddeness and unexpectedness of it. He could have left it at that. Instead he had to add that Emily (and I’m paraphrasing here) is enchanting and lovely and a joy to work with. He could have stopped there but no, he had to add that she was the antithesis of Cote de Pablo. So if that isn’t attacking Cote’s character I don’t know what is. Sorry, but in my book, that isn’t classy. Now if he were saying that Bishop was the antithesis of Ziva then I would agree. But he described Emily and Cote, at least that is how it had been interpreted. If David is so thrilled and happy now, then he should keep his snarky comments to himself. As for her career suicide, maybe her definition of success is different than yours. Perhaps doing a B movie every once in awhile or a stage production is all she needs to feel fulfilled. She supposedly has a net worth of $9 million dollars and she comes from a very priveleged family and maybe she can live within her means and make it last for the rest of her life. She said in Prevention magazine that she would be content running a yoga studio by the beach. She said the most important thing to her is time with her family and loved ones. We should crucify for that? Could she have given more notice? Perhaphs she should have or could have. We all know how some things happen without a moment’s notice. Maybe someone close to her became ill and she decided that being able to go and visit someone when she needed to was more important than the almighty dollar.
          MW himself said their schedules do not allow time for birthdays, weddings and funerals. I do not know Cote. She could be a diva but MH has always praised her in the past and said she was a team player. I don’t like the way she left either but I will neither put her on a pedestal nor condemn her. To slam her for a decision you have no idea why she made is ridiculous. To imply she is a diva and threw a hissy fit is speculation. I don’t believe she is perfect nor do I try to state her reasons for leaving or her behavior in negotiations. You don’t know either and should move on from this topic. I don’t hold her up as being a saint so you certainly don’t need to continually tear her down as being the bad seed of
          Hollywood.

• Rob says:

Continually tear her down as being the bad seed of Hollywood? Me? Sorry, I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I’ve known some bad seeds in Hollywood, she isn’t even in the top dozen.

• tejasjulia says:

She’s not even a good bad seed…just well on her way to being a never was.

• guest says:

Yes Rob, part of my comments were directed towards you. You saying that David didn’t attack her character is what I was responding to. He obviously did. You also continue to comment like you have an idea about what went on in negotiations and you don’t. You cannot say for certain what happened between Cote and CBS. I
          should have included Tejasjulia in my reply
          because she is truly the one who continues
          to imply that Cote threw a hissy fit and was
          a diva. I guess I just do not understand
          why 2 people who don’t like someone
          spend so much time talking about her. She
          is gone. Move on and get over it. I am sorry
          Rob if I offended you. I find most of your
          comment to be reasonable and respectful. I
          just don’t know why you and Tejasjulia continue to bash someone that has been gone for months. And before you come back at me, I also do not agree with people
          who constantly defend Cote or act like she
          was a victim. Once again, none of us know
          the truth. Why can’t we just leave it at that.
          And really Tejasjulia, we all know you hate
          Ziva. You don’t need to tell us that anymore
          . You talk about her more than the people
          who miss her do. It’s really unhealthy to
          have that much hatred towards a fictional
          character and for a person you don’t know.
          I don’t pretend to know Cote and the type
          of person she is. I usually don’t talk about
          her on these pages because she is gone
          and i generally don’t feel a need to defend
          someone I don’t know, but your constant
          need to bash her is a mystery to me. Do you
          know her in real life? Has she wronged you
          in some way? I can understand a fellow
          cast member’s anger towards her but your
          anger and hatred towards her is obsessive
          and over the top..

• Rob says:

Actually, I do know a bunch of folks at CBS and several on the show, but I wouldn’t presume to know the intricacies of negotiating contracts, just what my then-wife experienced when she was working her contract with the network. She’s since become an ex, but I’m like an elephant where family finances are concerned and I never forget ;)

I’ve met Cote at a few events, and saw her interacting with the cast, and RJ Wagner, at an event I attended. That’s the extent of what I know of her on an interpersonal level. I do, however, have a larger frame of reference towards David, having met him a bunch of times over the years, and know him personally and by prof reputation to be an incredibly classy individual.

• guest says:

Thanks Rob, I appreciate your answer. I am glad to know that David McCallum is the gentleman I have always thought him to be. I don’t agree with his comments about Cote but he certainly has a right to them. Thanks for responding in a polite manner. I appreciate that very much. I again apologize for any comments that should not have been directed towards you. Thanks for your insight into these matters.

42. JM says:

Glad to hear some ‘Mindy’ scoop. I’m really scared for the show, because B99 has replaced it in its timeslot.

Yay! More airtime for Agent Ressler. I find him infinitely more interesting than Keen.

43. Matthew Weber says:

It’s not that I dislike Bishop on NCIS, but I think she’s taken over the show. I liked when it was about the team almost every episode, then once in a while they would do on based on individual characters or couples. Now it seems she’s all they focus on and McGee and DiNozzo are being left out of the show.

• TullaT says:

the whole freaking show is about her now. make it stop. I seriously do not have any interest in her backstory.

• Ohgrowup says:

Then stop watching…….please.

• Lori Fugate says:

Considering we’ve barely got backstories on characters that have been there for years.

• Debbie says:

I could say the same thing about that never-ending Ziva arc of Season 10. She was running an investigation without Gibbs’ knowledge; leaving her team mates and sneaking off to commit murder, on the warpath every other minute. The most telling scene of last season was Gibbs, Tony, and McGee looking on while Ziva murdered Bodnar (which she was totally preparing herself to do with that ‘my arm hurts a lot, but I’ve got to work through the pain in order to fight’ gym scene (give me a break!). Yeah, that telling scene: Them – nothing to do but stand around and Her – murder someone.

44. I’m so glad everytime I come here and see a Grey’s scoop related to Alex. He is such an underrated character, and I’m happy that he’s finally getting properly attention. Besides, I’m also happy about him being with Jo. I want to see her saying the L word, but even if it takes a little longer to happen onscreen, I’m pretty sure that she is completely in love with him. She makes it clear in every scene.

45. woodyinho says:

Completely tired of Zoe and Wade.

46. Tracie says:

Joel not being around the entire season on Hart of Dixie was the best news ever. We’ve already had too much of him. Yes he is a nice guy. And yet he has taken up way too much time on the screen while all of the regulars have been pushed to the background to support him. I wasn’t invested in him and the more I see him the more I resent his presence this season.

• ... says:

How have they been pushed to the background? Jaime King had a baby and is still on something of a maternity leave and literally every other prominent character is currently involved in or has had a storyline this season. (Also, in Tansy’s/Mircea Monroe’s case, she was gone filming the third season of Episodes.) Joel’s Zoe’s boyfriend and Zoe is the main character, so of course he’s going to have some pretty decent screentime.

• Fogh says:

Did you not see the last episode where Joel had more screen time than Wade, George and Lavon combined. The numbers are in. Joel has had more screen time than anyone not named Zoe this season. That’s not “decent” screen time. That is waaaay too much for a guest start that we know is leaving at some point. Zoe also had around 80% of her scenes with Joel this season. Again way too much. We could easily have accepted Joel if they had minimized his screen time. Just because he is Zoe’s boyfriend doesn’t mean he has to be attached to her hip. He could have gone to NY to meet his publisher or anything and be gone for an episode or two. Instead he has been heavily featured in every episode even with his own story lines.

47. BlacklisterNo.134 says:

No one is under any obligation to renew a contract. The date that it was announced was probably the deadline set by both parties and if the network was so worried about the rewriting of episodes they probably should have set the deadline in June.
    McCallum is a vet and he should know how contracts work. What if she wanted a year and did not want to commit for two years? What if she felt undervalued? What if she wanted a bit more time for family? These are complicated matters and just being in the number one show might not be enough for everyone.
    I wonder if they are now coming out because they are realizing the show has been awful this season. The show has been deteriorating since Season 8 but Ziva/ Cote leaving really took away most of the interesting stories.

• tejasjulia says:

Mr. McCallum *does* know how contracts work – that’s exactly right. AS for this season, it’s the best the show’s been in years with the ratings more steady than they’ve been in a while. High and steady.

• BlacklisterNo.134 says:

McCallum should know how contracts work which is why I am dissapointed. Contracts are business transactions. Actors enter into them for different reasons. He is entitled to want to stay on the show because it is a worldwide hit but that does not mean Cote wanted to be there for the same reasons and she is entitled to want to be on the show for her own reasons. In this case she did not feel it suited what she wanted and CBS did not give her what she wanted in a new contract. She did not walk out on an existing contract so she did nothing wrong.

• Lori Fugate says:

Mr. McCallum was commenting on HOW she left. Barely any notice. She lead people to be that she would re-sign. She knew when her contract ran out in May/June that she wasn’t coming back but instead strung everyone along. Mr. McCallum was stating that you don’t leave a show, especially one that is a hit, in the way she did it. A week before production started. As for contingency plans…CBS and the production team must have been 90% sure she would re-sign. If she would have been professional and made her decision, as I believe she did, in May/June then the character could have been written off better and any new character would have been written in better. It was unprofessional to leave as CDP did. She didn’t give anyone the consideration..every one cast, crew, CBS were not given consideration from her especially after spending a decade on the show.

• tejasjulia says:

When MW signed his last contract late, he was still doing promo and so forth in the interim. The delay apparently was along the lines of ironing out details with the main focus already agreed to. It sounds as if production thought the same of whatever was going on with CDP’s contract. No one in their right mind in Hollywood pulls the stunt she did. Not if they want to work again.

• GabF says:

She went to May Upfronts to do promo work. No one in Hollywood goes to May Upfronts if they are not very serious about coming back the next season. In addition no one negotiates for months if they have absolutely no intention of coming back because negotiations require lawyers, agents, and managers and they are all expensive. She would not have wasted her money and time if she have absolutely no intention of coming back. CBS did not offer her what she wanted so she had every right to walk away. She did not have to take a contract that did not satisfy her. It happens all the time.
            NCIS should have had a contingency plan because sometimes the 10% does happen. Professionals are supposed to have contingency plans in such cases. If they had to wing it at the last minute because they were not prepared then CBS and NCIS then they were incompetent.

• Rob says:

That’s your opinion and not shown in the ratings.

• TullaT says:

totally agreed. her schedule was awful and she was not rewarded for it.

• TullaT says:

yes, you got it. SHe has MANY opportunities. she’s a hot commodity.

48. Mary says:

I have mixed feelings about Joel – on one hand, of course I love Wade and Zoe but Joel has actually grown on me. Linley – eh, she got a little better towards the end but I couldn’t stand her at the beginning. Not a fan of Wade being with Zoe’s cousin and her kid. I miss Lemon!

• Marc says:

I’m not a fan of the way they keep talking about how Vivian is the classiest woman Wade’s ever been with, so what exactly was Zoe? I watch the show, but I notice that sometimes the writers are so hard on Zoe, it’s frustrating to me.

• Mary says:

I agree. They do give Zoe a hard time. I’m at least glad that they finally have George Tucker owning up to his role in the mess that his life was; I was really getting tired of him blaming everything on Zoe.

49. Marie says:

Bring Back Cote – NCIS certainly needs her – Blondie just doesn’t cut it. Stopped watching – Watch only reruns now with Cote.

• Nancy Wells says:

If you are not watching the show how do you know “blondie just doesn’t cut it”. Plus, by insulting another actor, do you think that makes your reasoning more sound? It doesn’t, just points to your rudeness.

• TullaT says:

I am watching the show, and blondie definitely does not cut it. she does not belong on this team. doesn’t fit.

• Ohgrowup says:

Do you have an “off” button? You may think people are in need of your vast words of wisdom–but give it a rest honey, now you are plain annoying.

• TullaT says:

I love the other characters, and am patiently waiting for all of them to come out of their comas.

• Lori Fugate says:

It’s not Emily’s fault that the character Bishop is poorly written. The character Bishop isn’t cutting it. It has nothing to do with Emily’s acting abilities.

50. Kelly says: