TVLine Items: More Orange for Laura Prepon, 24 Targets Arrow Actor, Dog Renewed and More

Laura Prepon Orange Is New BlackLaura Prepon‘s prison stay has apparently been extended.

In the wake of recent-ish reports that inmate Alex Vause would only be around for a handful of Orange Is the New Black Season 2 episodes, series creator Jenji Kohan is suggesting a greater presence.

RELATED | Exclusive: Orange Is the New Black Taps Lori Petty

“Yes, yes, she is coming back,” Kohan told Us Weekly. “Not [for] the whole season, but… you’ll see her for most of it.”

Netflix has yet to announce a premiere date for OITNB Season 2.

Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….

* British actor Colin Salmon aka Arrow‘s Walter Steele has boarded Fox’s London-based 24: Live Another Day, playing the “intelligent, powerful and fiercely loyal” General Coburn, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | 24: Live Another Day: Watch the First Promo!

* Per TVGuide.com, White Collar con man Willie Garson will guest-star on TNT’s Franklin & Bash during the coming Season 4, playing a plastic surgeon.

RELATED | Good Luck Charlie‘s Series Finale Date Is Set

* Disney Channel has renewed Dog With a Blog for a third season, to start production in April for a fall premiere, The Hollywood Reporter reports.

* Russell Wilson, QB for the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks, will be a guest on CBS’ Late Show With David Letterman tonight.

* HLN’s A.J. Hammer-hosted Showbiz Tonight has been cancelled, and will wrap a nearly nine-year run this Thursday, per THR.

Comments (18)

• Best news in a long time.

Comment by D. – February 3, 2014 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! loved her in OITNB and I’m glad she’ll be there for longer!

Comment by Kaycee – February 3, 2014 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever!! OITNB wouldn’t be the same without Prepon!

Comment by Khaira – February 3, 2014 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for more Alex, Laura made such a good job in s1 and fans recognized that. Netflix made a smart move, they know if they get rid of Alex/Piper they’ll lose most of audience.

Comment by mary – February 3, 2014 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sincerely doubt that’s true. She’s popular, yes, but most people are watching the show for the ensemble.

Comment by Mark – February 3, 2014 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aside from the fangirls who make up a small minority of the OITNB fandom, I doubt anyone would stop watching just because Laura Prepon wasn’t on it. She was one of the worst parts of the first season to me. I feel like the show would be infinitely better if that romance plot was minimized and the supporting cast had a greater presence.

Comment by dude – February 3, 2014 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I myself just adore OITNB ensemble but I’m in love with this couple. I have a tendency to ship couples! I would not stop watching if Laura wasn’t on it but I’d certainly miss her. Moving forward, I’d love if Larry and Piper’s friends and family wouldn’t “waste” so much screen time and focus on the other women in prison. It’s just fantastic to know more about their lives.

Comment by Anna – February 3, 2014 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, dude. Don’t you know that “fangirls” make up a very large portion of OITNB’s audience? And Laura Prepon was the #1 most searched for actor from the cast after the first season. She’s not the only reason to watch but she’s a big part of the cast’s chemistry. Glad she’s sticking around.

Comment by Leigh – February 3, 2014 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After last season, I wasn’t sure if I shipped Piper/Alex. But I’m SO glad that she is getting more episodes. I don’t think the season would be as good if it randomly wrote off Laura when she is a pivotal role and still has a lot more story to tell.

Comment by webly3 – February 3, 2014 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear Laura Prepon will be back for more than just one ep; a single appearance is not enough to tie up loose ends or whatever.
    Though does “Not [for] the whole season, but… you’ll see her for most of it” mean she’s still ultimately leaving the show/being written out?

Comment by Tav – February 3, 2014 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I certainly hope so. What a horrible, hateful person that character represents. We get to appreciate the good in many of the women who obviously have done bad. Alex has no good in her whatsoever. But at least she’s a complete hypocrite.

Comment by Mark – February 3, 2014 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Were we even watching the same show? I don’t know how you can come to your assessment from watching all of her episodes.

Comment by Mimi – February 3, 2014 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m pretty sure it’s the same show, yes. Netflix. Female prison. Weird opening credits with a montage of faces. Douchebag prison guards. Captain Janeway in the kitchen.

That show, yes?

Comment by Mark – February 4, 2014 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAAAYY!! I am soooo very happy to hear this news!

Comment by Mimi – February 3, 2014 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No character affected me more than Alex did.

Comment by Mimi – February 3, 2014 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hear Netflix will start streaming S2 of OITNB Summer 2014.

Comment by Jared – February 3, 2014 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the ensemble and I look forward to finding out about them, but in all honesty, if all of their stories circle around Alex and Piper as the center, that is fine with me. Love those two!

Comment by Gabriela – February 3, 2014 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …more – finding out more about them is what I meant ;)

Comment by Gabriela – February 3, 2014 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post