Pilot Scoop: Ken Marino to Star Opposite Casey Wilson in NBC's Marry Me

Get More: Casting News, Pilots, Scoop

KenMarinoNBC has found the guy who’ll say Marry Me to Casey Wilson.

Childrens Hospital‘s Ken Marino has been cast in the NBC comedy pilot as Wilson’s character’s fiancé Jake, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s Starring In Them

Marry Me, written and executive-produced by Happy Endings‘ David Caspe, will focus on the challenges encountered by a couple named Annie and Jake after they decide to get engaged.

Marino’s prolific television career includes stints on Veronica MarsEastbound and Down, Party Down and The State.

Comments (21)

• So Rick Rickman and Penny Hartz had a second date after all, eh?

Comment by Alex Kerkovich – February 3, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He also guested on Happy Endings as Dave’s therapist who dates Penny for a bit.

Anyway, he’s always hilarious so this show is shaping up well.

Comment by D'Arcy – February 3, 2014 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was one of my favorite episodes.

Comment by neha – February 3, 2014 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Ken will co-star on the show with Casey. He’s a funny actor.

Comment by Joey – February 3, 2014 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Caspe, Casey Wilson AND Ken Marino now. I thought I was excited for this LAST week. I can’t see how this could possibly turn out badly now.

Comment by Studz – February 3, 2014 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. PLEASE LET THIS BE GOOD! I need a new Happy Endings.

Comment by wrorp – February 3, 2014 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know what I noticed? He dated her writing partner, June Diane Raphael, in Party Down. Can’t wait to watch this. NBC, picking this up is a Ron Donald Do!

Comment by Zach – February 3, 2014 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And in Burning Love!

Comment by Bex – February 3, 2014 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He also dated her in an episode of Happy Endings.

Comment by Marek – February 4, 2014 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just keeps getting better!

Comment by erin – February 3, 2014 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me even more excited! Love Casey Wilson and Ken Marino! Really looking forward to it. NBC better not mess this up!

Comment by Jessica – February 3, 2014 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yet another casting where the man is way too old- he’s twelve years older than she is! They better not pretend the characters are the same age.

Comment by xx – February 3, 2014 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking that too, figured they’d get someone closer to Casey’s age, but Marino looks like a young 45, he’s barely aged at all since the days he was on MTV’s The State in the early 90s. I was thinking Adam Pally would’ve been perfect and was kinda secretly hoping they’d get cast him in the role, even though I knew it wasn’t likely since he’s on Mndy Project now.

Comment by wrorpp – February 3, 2014 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure that I have ever looked forward to a comedy more than this show. LOVE them both.

Comment by Puhleaze – February 3, 2014 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah. I was hoping for Tommy Dewey from the Mindy Project. Thought they would be funny together. Ken is okay.

Comment by Mark – February 4, 2014 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So pleased with these news!

Comment by Sarah – February 4, 2014 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Casey Wilson and Ken Marino – This show should be comedy gold! Let’s hope they give them the awesome scripts they deserve with flexibility to improv…

Comment by AmbleAlong – February 4, 2014 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been a big fan of Marino since “The State”. He is a hysterical guy, and I am hoping this one is a winner.

Comment by Jack – February 4, 2014 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ken Marino! Casey Wilson! Created by the Happy Endings guy! I think I found my new favorite show.

Comment by Schlee – February 4, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC has a built in viewer right here. Yes please!!

Comment by Will – February 4, 2014 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is gonna be, say it with me…AH-MAH-ZING!

Comment by Penny – February 4, 2014 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post