Pilot Scoop: Former Friend David Schwimmer Plots TV Comeback in ABC Comedy Irreversible

David Schwimmer ABC PilotDavid Schwimmer is dipping his toe back in the TV water with a lead role in Irreversible, a single-camera comedy pilot at ABC.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s Starring In Them

The project, which is based on the Israeli hit Bilti Hafich, will find the former Friends star playing one half of a somewhat eccentric, self-absorbed couple.

Segahl Avin, who co-created the Israeli version, penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Rescue Me‘s Peter Tolan.

If Irreversible snags a series pickup, it will mark Schwimmer’s first full-time series gig since wrapping his decade-long run on Friends in 2004.

1. alistaircrane says:

I’d watch.

2. Jessica says:

Cannot wait!! I’m so excited that Schwimmer is back! Love him.

3. enri says:

Count me in. Ross was my favorite. It’d be great to see David back on tv.

4. Cassie says:

He was ON A BREAK!!

5. Last but not the least, one of the most important benefits of using a DUI
    attorney is that he or she will be able to determine if the officer has
    reasonable cause have the driver fired or conduct a DUI test.
    Even if you are guilty of a DUI and you don’t think you have a good defense case, a
    DUI attorney still may be able to help in your defense
    so that your term served by law may be lessened or that maybe you go to a program to help you DUI habits and quit drinking if that’s the case.
    While it’s not an obvious decision, the lawyer’s experience
    is a great indicator of how good a Pennsylvania DUI lawyer is, so the number of years
    spent in the field and the number of cases successfully prosecuted can be of great help to you in order to
    decide which DUI attorney Pennsylvania to hire.

6. Steven says:

Friends ended 10 years ago? God I feel old…

7. Zach says:

I’m there. This sounds outstanding. There are A LOT of people waiting for more Schwimmer.

8. I like him ok but PLEASE shave him! Some guys look better than others w/ a beard.

9. kd86953 says:

i was sold at “david schwimmer plots tv comeback.” courtney cox, matthew perry, lisa kudrow, and matt leblanc have all found tv success. it’s david’s turn! (i wonder if jennifer aniston will ever do tv again…)

• Zach says:

Well, Matthew has so far only found critical success. Well deserved, but he hasn’t gotten a renewal yet. He’s always great on The Good Wife though.

• Rosa says:

he’s had SUCH a hard time of it! I have watched ALL of his attempts on NBC and I’m thinking he just needs to go with a different network. Go On was his best attempt but god forbid they’d give it the time!

he had a great guest spot on Cougar Town though, LOVED it! plus the extra “blooper” type things they showed at the end of the episode.

• Adriana says:

I loved Go On… i’m still sad to this day. Matthew Perry and the rest of the cast deserved better.

• Rosa says:

so did I. so am I. yep.you’re totally right. they still do.
            but hey at least Tonita Castro who played Fausta is on Dads as Edna and she is still hilarious as hell!

• Steven says:

I wish The Good Wife would make him a regular. His character is just so much fun.

10. James D says:

Cool. I always liked Schwimmer and if Peter Tolen is involved it’s bound to be at least interesting.

11. Sandrine says:

Great news! I’m so happy that now five of them are back on TV. Been waiting for David’s comeback.

• Rosa says:

it’s technically only 4 counting Schwimmer because Perry doesn’t actually have his own show/star in anything regularly anymore. this does not include his guest spots though.

12. linda says:

Well keyword is cable, just ask Joey. NBC killed him cable resurected him. Matthew should learn from matt. Courtney would not have made it if she didn’t star in this little show called dirty and guess what? Her show was moved to cable. Matthew move to cable. Breaking bad guy did it and Kelsey grammar did it on boss. Those were two guys who were successful on network tv and moved cable. It can be done but its rare. Blue bloods guy did it but with decades in between

13. Michael says:

Awesome! He was also amazing on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

14. Jerrim says:

What no one seems to say is that (if you go by the Israeli version) the female character is the big star of the show (and her female best friend) and the husband (Schwimmer) is the straight man to her crazy comic antics. I find it odd that Schwimmer agreed to such a role.

15. SEO says:

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.

I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But
    he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for
    about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.

I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import
    all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!