TVLine Items: Sharknado Sequel Casting News, USA Snags Macklemore, FNL Reunion and More

NUP_156643_0027.JPGSharknado stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are headed back into the eye of the storm.

The pair have signed on to reprise their respective roles as Fin and April in Syfy’s impending sequel, Sharknado 2: The Second One, the New York Daily News reports.

The follow-up, which will be set in New York City, starts shooting in February.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your February Calendar of 55 Premieres and Finales

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….

* Fresh off Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ stirring performance at Sunday’s Grammy Awards, USA Network has unveiled a new pro-diversity PSA starring the hip-hop duo. The spot, which features a mash-up of their equality anthem “Same Love,” kicks off the cabler’s month-long “Characters Unite” campaign. Check it out below.

* Heather Graham and Ellen Burstyn have inked deals to reprise their respective roles as Corrine Dollanganger and Olivia Foxworth in Lifetime’s Flowers in the Attic sequel, Petals on the Wind, EW.com reports.

* Friday Night Lights reunion alert! Dora Madison Burge (aka Becky) has snagged a recurring role in The CW’s new alien drama Star-Crossed opposite her former FNL co-star Aimee Teegarden. According to Zap2it, Burge will play a classmate of Teegarden’s Emery. The series bows Monday, Feb. 17 at 8/7c.

* Bravo has renewed Top Chef for a 12th season, to launch in Fall 2014.

* A new From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series trailer has dropped, and this one is most definitely NSFW.

Comments (16)

• Well, if Cassie Scerbo isn’t in the “Sharknado” sequel, I think I’ll pass. She was the highlight of it, clearly.

Comment by Lambsilencer – January 30, 2014 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well…things didn’t turn out so well for her character. lol

Comment by Greg – January 30, 2014 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly!

Comment by Izzie Duquette – January 31, 2014 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the FNL reunion headline made me super excited, but that’s the least interesting FNL reunion possible… more taylor kitsch please. always :)

will also settle for pretty much any other character. becky is the little blip i wish never crossed my beautiful FNL screen.

Comment by e – January 30, 2014 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. More 33. Let’s forget about Becky!

Comment by MD – January 30, 2014 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TK has moved on to movies… He had a good role in Lone Survivor.. Last time I saw Becky was on Dexter last summer as the daughter of Masuka!!

Comment by Doug H – January 30, 2014 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They cancel great shows to make more of this rubbish….. Syfy what the hell…

Comment by Mark – January 30, 2014 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They do cancel great stuff all too often, but I LOVE horrible scifi films and I’m glad there’s still someone making them. The more ridiculous, horrible acted and badly written it is the better. I love quality scifi too, but sometimes it’s nice to sit back and revel in the potential for ridiculousness in our beloved genre. And Sharknado was actually one of the better crapfests.

Comment by Liz – January 30, 2014 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly how I feel. IMHO SyFy knows they are making cheese, the actor, writers
        directors know, but they also know there are many who feel the same way. Just fun.

Comment by Scott Johnston – January 31, 2014 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww Sharknado reminds me of Corey Monteith.

I can’t wait to see the second one. I hope it is as campy as the first.

Comment by Thilia – January 30, 2014 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, they start shooting Sharknado in February and it’ll air in April? I know the horrible special effects were a part of the “appeal” of the first one, but damn, that schedule gives no time for post-production.

Comment by Ed – January 30, 2014 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never watched the first one, but I think the article is saying that April was Tara Reid’s character’s name in the movie

Comment by Jonathan – January 30, 2014 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sharknado????? Really, why would people even want to watch this.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 30, 2014 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully Heather Graham will have time to sneak in some acting lessons before Petals starts shooting.

Comment by JJ – January 30, 2014 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t insult Heather Graham. Her performances are always awards-worthy, successful and relevant. I will never forget her brilliant performances in the long running sitcom Emily’s Reasons Why Not. She should have won an Emmy at some point during that show’s 12 minutes on the air.

Comment by willhowcoop – January 30, 2014 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post