TVLine Items: Sharknado Sequel Casting News, USA Snags Macklemore, FNL Reunion and More

NUP_156643_0027.JPGSharknado stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are headed back into the eye of the storm.

The pair have signed on to reprise their respective roles as Fin and April in Syfy’s impending sequel, Sharknado 2: The Second One, the New York Daily News reports.

The follow-up, which will be set in New York City, starts shooting in February.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your February Calendar of 55 Premieres and Finales

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….

* Fresh off Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ stirring performance at Sunday’s Grammy Awards, USA Network has unveiled a new pro-diversity PSA starring the hip-hop duo. The spot, which features a mash-up of their equality anthem “Same Love,” kicks off the cabler’s month-long “Characters Unite” campaign. Check it out below.

* Heather Graham and Ellen Burstyn have inked deals to reprise their respective roles as Corrine Dollanganger and Olivia Foxworth in Lifetime’s Flowers in the Attic sequel, Petals on the Wind, EW.com reports.

* Friday Night Lights reunion alert! Dora Madison Burge (aka Becky) has snagged a recurring role in The CW’s new alien drama Star-Crossed opposite her former FNL co-star Aimee Teegarden. According to Zap2it, Burge will play a classmate of Teegarden’s Emery. The series bows Monday, Feb. 17 at 8/7c.

* Bravo has renewed Top Chef for a 12th season, to launch in Fall 2014.

* A new From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series trailer has dropped, and this one is most definitely NSFW.

1. Lambsilencer says:

Well, if Cassie Scerbo isn’t in the “Sharknado” sequel, I think I’ll pass. She was the highlight of it, clearly.

2. e says:

the FNL reunion headline made me super excited, but that’s the least interesting FNL reunion possible… more taylor kitsch please. always :)

will also settle for pretty much any other character. becky is the little blip i wish never crossed my beautiful FNL screen.

3. Mark says:

They cancel great shows to make more of this rubbish….. Syfy what the hell…

• Liz says:

They do cancel great stuff all too often, but I LOVE horrible scifi films and I’m glad there’s still someone making them. The more ridiculous, horrible acted and badly written it is the better. I love quality scifi too, but sometimes it’s nice to sit back and revel in the potential for ridiculousness in our beloved genre. And Sharknado was actually one of the better crapfests.

4. Thilia says:

Awww Sharknado reminds me of Corey Monteith.

I can’t wait to see the second one. I hope it is as campy as the first.

5. Ed says:

Wait, they start shooting Sharknado in February and it’ll air in April? I know the horrible special effects were a part of the “appeal” of the first one, but damn, that schedule gives no time for post-production.

• Jonathan says:

I never watched the first one, but I think the article is saying that April was Tara Reid’s character’s name in the movie

6. Ally Oop says:

Sharknado????? Really, why would people even want to watch this.

7. JJ says:

Hopefully Heather Graham will have time to sneak in some acting lessons before Petals starts shooting.

8. willhowcoop says:

Don’t insult Heather Graham. Her performances are always awards-worthy, successful and relevant. I will never forget her brilliant performances in the long running sitcom Emily’s Reasons Why Not. She should have won an Emmy at some point during that show’s 12 minutes on the air.