Ratings: Revolution Dips, Fun Night Hits Low, Arrow, Tomorrow People and Chicago P.D. Rise

Ratings RevolutionABC’s Suburgatory and Super Fun Night saw setbacks this Wednesday night, with repeats for lead-ins.

Suburgatory drew 5.1 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating (per finals), down 14 and 17 percent from last week. Super Fun Night meanwhile fell 19 and 24 percent, to a series low 3.8 mil/1.3.

Nashville (5.3 mil/1.5) managed to come away unscathed, adding a handful of viewers and a tenth in the demo (opposite a CSI rerun).

RELATED | Kim Roots’ Nashville Recap: You Go, Girl

Over on NBC, suddenly sex-crazed Revolution (5 mil/1.3) slipped two tenths in the demo, but SVU (7.6 mil/2.0) and Chicago P.D. (6.9 mil/1.7) grew two tenths and one tenth in the demo.

RELATED | American Idol Salt Lake City Recap: Blame It on the A-a-a-a-a-altitude

Fox’s American Idol of course dominated the night with 12.7 mil and a 3.8, up 12 percent in the demo versus last Thursday but down 7 percent and two tenths week-to-week.

RELATED | Arrow Recap: Alliance, a Tiger, a Mayor, Oh My!

The CW’s Arrow (2.95 mil/1.1) ticked up 18 percent and two tenths, while The Tomorrow People (1.72 mil/0.7) rose 25 percent and two tenths.

1. Teag says:

Ugh Suburgatory. Please do better. And I hope Natasha Leggero appears more.

2. EdnaM says:

I want Revolution season 3.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, me too but I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen. It’s too bad because it has really stepped it up this season but that time slot is just horrible. We’ll see what happens.

• RJ says:

Me also–it could either way. We are going to have a nervous wait.

• wrstlgirl says:

Eh, no nerves. I just roll with the punches so if it doesn’t happen then I move on. If it does happen then awesome, LOL.

• Ally Oop says:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one stressing out about it. I have completely fallen for this show and it will be absolute heartbreak if it’s cancelled. As a heavily serialized genre show on one of the big 5 nets, I tried so hard to keep myself from falling but I couldn’t fight it. Poor pitiful me.

• Cindy says:

I know!!! The shows really shoot themselves in the foot taking long hiatus in the middle of the regular season…and yes, they need to move it back to Monday nights at 10 eastern!!! I am sick of the 2+ months of no new shows for many of the networks big shows :( Crank out 22 episodes and show in the fall/winter, and then put another show on for 22 episodes for spring/summer?? Please QUIT leaving us hanging for months at a time before new shows air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bk says:

Game of Thrones fans have to wait 10 months between seasons. I agree run it from Jan-May uninterrupted, but the damage is done. Most people who’ve watched it got tired of the cliched characters and predictable storylines as well as bad acting(Gus aside). I just think it’s funny that the 2 most succesful serialized genre shows on tv aren’t on the major networks. This was more of a 10 pm show anyway and putting it on a night of procedurals, but if ratings are continually than the fanbase wasn’t that devoted. Lost didn’t drop like Revolution even when it was moved around. Fans will follow a show to any night

• Katherine215 says:

I never understand this complaint. No one has a problem waiting 4 months over the summer, but when there’s a hiatus during the season, everyone is up in arms. Just think of them as half seasons, or season 2a and 2b. I’d much rather get a large chunk of episodes all at once than have them get interrupted with specials or the holidays. Also, I can’t imagine it’s financially feasible for the networks to run two full shows a year the way you’re suggesting.

• Katherine215 says:

Ugh, ME TOO! I am loving this season so much. Monroe’s kid, the quippy little one-liners everyone’s throwing around, the nanotech (though Aaron is kind of being a drag about all of it). I will be so so sad if it doesn’t get renewed.

• Ali says:

I would LOVE another season of Revolution. More people need to be talking about this show so please stop covering Grey’s, Bones, HIMYM etc. I am sick to the back teeth of them (and their recycled storylines), please cover shows like Revolution who just need to be given half a chance for people to see how brilliant they are.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Chicago PD is awesome, great cast, great writing. Just all around a goodie :-) Sad to see Revolution slip, this season has been really something, they repaired a lot of the things that were wrong last season. Haven’t watched Arrow yet but it was great seeing Robert Gant guest star again on The Tomorrow People.

4. Beth says:

I love chicago fire and like PD, but did the writers forget about the Katie storyline? If it’s not coming back until after the Olympics, why didn’t they address it last night?

• wrstlgirl says:

I agree the timing seems a bit off but it will kick back into high gear when CF returns. But it is weird that it doesn’t at least get a mention.

5. Fernando says:

Yes Chicago PD keeps looking good for a season 2

6. Amanda says:

I wonder if Suburgatory’s lower ratings was due to the middle being a rerun?

7. dude says:

Yes for Chicago PD! I LOVE having Sophia Bush on my screen every week!

8. Bob says:

Season 3 of ‘Revolution’ is a must! The whole story needs to be told. NBC should think real hard about canceling it.

• Ally Oop says:

Agreed! There’s just too much story left to tell. If NBC was really nice, maybe at the very least they could give us a third season to finish things up, even tell us ahead of time it’s the final season. Hell, I’d even be elated with a half season. I can’t deal with the fact we have only 9 episodes left before the season and possible series end.

9. GildedRose says:

Thrilled Arrow did better this week. It deserved it. Tremors was a much more enjoyable episode with more focus on Oliver’s “Team Arrow”. Hopefully next week will be even better!

10. Damian says:

Can they just put The Goldbergs on wed at 8:30 already? It’s the perfect companion piece to The Middle. Maybe a half season of each trophy wife and suburgatory at 9:30?

• Cindy says:

That is what I would love to see…nix Super Fun Night or move to Tuesday and put the Goldberg’s on Wednesday nights lineup. Suburgatory made the mistake of having George & Dallas hooking up so soon…and bring back Rex Lee and Alan Tudyk please – they are sorely missed!! Get back to the roots of season 1 and make season 2 a hallucination of Fred’s comatose imagination…

• Mark says:

…and the introduction of Amanda Waller and Suicide Squad. :)

11. Eric7740 says:

Yay for The Tomorrow People!!!

12. Ally Oop says:

Thanks TVLine for putting a Revolution pic with this article. Much appreciated!

13. Ava says:

Love Nashville!

14. Liza says:

I totally agree with others who have said to make Wednesdays on ABC as The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, and Trophy Wife. It would be a comedy powerhouse! They could fill in with Suburgatory during breaks or split season with Trophy Wife. Wake up ABC!!

15. Amy says:

I seriously thought Super Fun Night had already been cancelled.

• B says:

I certainly hope it gets cancelled soon. It’s horrible, and even the couple minutes of it my DVR catches after Modern Family are too much,

16. mary says:

Suprised how much I like Chicago PD.

17. Maryann says:

Glad to see The Tomorrow People up in the ratings. It is much better this winter than it was in the fall and i look forward to new episodes now the same way I do for Arrow. I really hope it gets renewed.

Another favorite that is way way better than it was is Revolution. I was kind of meh about Season 1 but Season 2 is nonstop excitement and intriguing storylines! Anyone who even sort of liked Season 1 should check out Season 2 for the vast improvements. Here’s hoping it makes it to Season 3!

18. sarah says:

So happy for Arrow and Chicago PD.
    Looks like Nashville had better numbers too.

19. JOE says:

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my website!I suppose
    its ok to use a few of your ideas!!