Pilot Scoop: The CW Orders Dramas Identity (From Sleepy Hollow EPs) and Jane the Virgin

Get More: News, Pilots

logo-cw-300120106082443The CW ordered a pair of drama pilots late Wednesday, including a thriller from the producers of Fringe and Sleepy Hollow.

Identity, penned by The Good Wife‘s Corinne Brinkerhoff and exec-produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, centers on a young woman in need of a transplant who learns she is related to a powerful family whose son is her only hope for a donor organ.

The CIA approaches her to investigate the family’s involvement in domestic terrorism and to infiltrate their rarified world. Her loyalty, morality and ethics are tested as she’s forced to slowly build a case against the family who saved her life.

RELATED | Lauren Graham’s CW Dramedy Snags an Unfamous Title (But What About a Pick-Up?)

Additionally, the network ordered Jane the Virgin, an adaptation of the successful Venezuelan telenovela about a hard-working, religious young Latina woman who is accidentally artificially inseminated. 90210‘s Jennie Snyder Urman penned the script, which will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Electus.

Comments (25)

• Jane The Virgin is an awful idea. It had already its Polish version and it was cringeworthy. She was inseminated during cytology in the first episode. Dumbest idea ever.

Comment by SylwekG – January 29, 2014 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. It was the worst show ever. I know CW’s shows are mostly for women, but this??

Comment by Ana – January 30, 2014 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neither of these sound like somethibg I’d watch. I hear the cw is close to ordering izombie. Hopefully they order colony and the messengers as well.

Comment by calob – January 29, 2014 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both sound horrible.

Comment by CBWBDK1 – January 29, 2014 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It might be worth watching the pilot of “Jane the Virgin”, if only to answer he question, how does one get “accidentally” artificially inseminated?

Comment by madhatter360 – January 29, 2014 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • both look awful but Jane the Virgin must be the worst thing ever!! WTF???

Comment by Ruby – January 29, 2014 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both sound really bad

Comment by Pati – January 29, 2014 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re both awful. I’ll be upset if either of them make it to series.

Comment by alistaircrane – January 29, 2014 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh CW! You had ONE job.

Comment by +1 – January 29, 2014 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow…Jane the Virgin sounds terrible. That is the best description they could come up with?

Comment by Ryan – January 29, 2014 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane sounds like something CW can do right, it’s their triangle drama. And they can cast The Original’s Davina(she seems like a catholic girl) she got knocked out last week. And they have to change the title, I mean come on!!! Accidently on purpose or something. Identity on the other hand reminds me somehow of Revenge. I know they have nothing in common but as I read the description that was the first thing on my mind.

Comment by Maki – January 29, 2014 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess Reign and Tomorrow People just got renewed.

Comment by JJ – January 29, 2014 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited for identity!!!
    Jane the virgin sounds god awful!!

Comment by Rebooted – January 29, 2014 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Identity sounds a lot like Deception (minus the transplant and actual blood relation). Also agree with others who are curious as to how one would accidentally get inseminated, so I’d probably watch the pilot just to find out. After that, unless I am hugely surprised I wouldn’t watch anymore.

Comment by hannah – January 29, 2014 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lose the kidney storyline and “Identity” is basically just Deception with a splash of Revenge. Pass. On the plus side, I just crossed off “terrorism” “powerful family” and “CIA” on my Television Pilot Bingo board.

Comment by Christina Georgandis – January 29, 2014 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Identity sounds like it’s worth a look. Jane the Virgin not so much.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 29, 2014 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or is Tvline not putting up recaps lately like I watch the shows but I like to read them anyways and read the comments and also comment on them. But I checked there’s no supernatural recap or originals I mean I think they got lazy with not putting up the recaps becuz I really love the recaps to comment on and see what people thought of the episodes. I hope Tvline gets back on top of it. I love reading the spoilers and all but I also go to Tvline for the recaps of my shows :)

Comment by Lilacs26 – January 29, 2014 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was wondering the same thing myself a while back when I wanted Revolution, Reign, Hart of Dixie and Teen Wolf recaps but eventually I decided to google some fan forums instead and I found a few good sites in which people can post and reply to comments.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 30, 2014 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Identity has promise, but it really depends on the execution. Could go really wrong, really fast.

Comment by Joey – January 30, 2014 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I doubt Jane the Virgin will explore how that’s actually assault. Sounds like an awful awful show.

Comment by Liz – January 30, 2014 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So that makes 5 Pilots for the CW. They have 10 slots to fill.
    Flash will get picked up for sure and I do not watch Supernatural but I am sure the spin off will be picked up too.
    So that means they will have to clean house once again.
    Just as long as The Originals, Arrow and The Vampire Diaries are safe I will be happy.

Comment by sarah – January 30, 2014 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am still hoping pilots are ordered for Badlands, Unfamous, Painted Girls, Malibu Surf and Colony.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 30, 2014 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Identity sounds like a backwards version of Hostages.

Comment by Hmm – January 30, 2014 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I am so hoping The Carrie Diaries will get picked up for a third season. Just as a mid-season replacement at least. Everyone cross your fingers and watch the finale!

Comment by Fabe – January 30, 2014 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post