Bones Renewed for Season 10 — and It's Moving Back to Monday Night!

Bones_ep908_sc23_0021It’s a double-dose of good news for Bones fans.

Not only has the durable drama been renewed for a 10th season, but the show is moving back to its old Monday-at-8 pm timeslot beginning March 10.

“Over the course of nine seasons, Bones has grown from a hit crime procedural into a beloved pillar of our lineup that resonates with fans in a way that only the best of shows can,” said Fox Chairman Kevin Reilly in a statement. “Our viewers have embraced Emily, David and the entire cast and characters of Bones as their very own, and I think they are going to love what Hart Hanson and Stephen Nathan have planned for Season 10!”

Kitchen Nightmares will take over Bones‘ Friday-at-8 perch on Friday, Feb. 28. Almost Human wraps its rookie season on Monday, March 3.

1. Badpenny says:

Yeah, to both things. :)

2. English (@dancingwishy) says:

Wow who knew Fox could make more than one good decision at a time!?

• Mike says:

I agree, both moves are great! They can pair with Sleepy Hollow next Fall. Having go with two comedy’s on a Friday was just plain stupid. Fox is realizing what many networks will find is that finding ratings steady shows is not simple! Besides the Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, and maybe one or two others, most new 1 hour network dramas are flops. Too many choices, to many recycled plots. Good for Bones!

• Rich Abey says:

Spot on. Renewing Bones & moving it to Monday is like having Christmas & Halloween together! At least this wipes out some of my deficit anger towards FOX for cancelling Firefly.
      Boonesssy Happiness! :)

3. Mark says:

Oh, good, now the idiots in the fandom can quit bitching and moaning about it being on Fridays.

• Badpenny says:

What are you so bitter about? Did the Bones fans burn skulls on you lawn each full moon or something? :)

• KC says:

Totally agree! The whining was getting annoying.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’ll third that and it has nothing to do with being bitter. I can understand being upset that your show was moved but the whining about it was ridiculous.

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

Mark,

Not all of us can be brilliant like you! However the fact that we prefer the show to be on Monday, does not make us idiots either.

• Toni says:

Doesn’t matter what night they’re on. Yea I kinda liked Monday nights but actually Friday nights was working for me as well. Happy they’re set for season 10. The show is actually getting better and better. Wasn’t sure right after she had the baby. But they have really meshed together wonderfully. Love the show and all the characters.

4. kmayne says:

So is Almost Human finished by then? Or is it moving too? I am glad that Bones is moving to a better night

5. catherine says:

Great news all around.

6. 206episodesofBones says:

Name me another show that has survived 10 timeslot changes in 9 years??? Unbelievable!!! Well done Bones!

7. Ross says:

Can someone please cancel this show already?? It’s way past its prime. It’s not good anymore.

• cita says:

Some of us actually do like and still watch the show so it’s great news for us. Sorry if you don’t agree :-)

• go watch the simpsons it sounds like more your speed

• Mel says:

Ross are you stupid or something? Season 10 is slated to be Bones’ last season. Maybe it could be your last season around people as well? Be nice Teddy Ruxspin!

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

Mel, please try to be tolerant with people who do not appreciate this awesome show. The fact that BONES has been around for so many years, speaks volumes in its favor. Who cares if a few misguided souls do not like it. The rest of us do and we are a huge group of followers.

I for one, intend to continue watching it. Even after it is gone for good, I am sure there will be re-runs so I will enjoy it for many years to come… As far as I am concerned, those people who malign the show so horribly can go jump in a lake and drown.

• Jen says:

Seriously? Wishing death on people simply because they don’t like the same show you do? Wow, that’s sad.

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

What on earth are you talking about Jen? I have never wished death on anyone real or imaginary. I like Bones and many other shows and no one else has to agree with my likes and dislikes.

I think that you are confused! I wish you well, Mariana

8. Lysh says:

Good! I missed it on M

• Lysh says:

…Mondays!
      Ugh, the iPhone keyboard placement over the post comment button is not good. There needs to be a delete/edit button on here.

9. Now that Pelant (The worst TV villian since Heroes Sylar) is gone…..hopefully, I can get excited about Bones again. Who’s to say a villain capable of putting a computer virus on bones, can’t cheat death too. Maybe he hacked Booth’s gun, cloned himself, did his own version of Face Off with Booth, or put an AI version of himself in Angela’s computer :0, or maybe he’ll just inexplicably come back with even more SNL sketch quality scars, nothing would surprise me about Pelant’s lameness at this point.

• Badpenny says:

I know none of us really like Pelant, but he was only in 7 episodes in 3 seasons; and one of those episodes was just him in Brennan’s dream after he was dead. It’s not like he was in 20 of the last 55 episodes or something. :)

• Jeff says:

Yes, but it was such an over-the-top, almost cartoon character villain that I think Brad makes a valid point. I’m still waiting for that clock radio on B&B’s nightstand to do something since P-ulent did something to it in that one episode, or it at least appeared he did.

10. JulieAnn says:

So Almost Human won’t get a second season?

• Badpenny says:

They have 6 months to announce which shows will get renewed. But even if it gets renewed it might not be on Mondays.

• webly3 says:

Not necessarily, but you can just make an educated guess that it won’t. :)

• Pop Vulture says:

I really, really hope it does! I love Almost Human! It’s one of the best shows new on tv this season, despite its episodes being aired out of order. I would love to hear more from Ausiello about its chances; he has it as a safe bet, but everyone else has it as a likely cancellation. Hoping Ausiello’s right on this one! Come on, Fox! Keep this show! It’s GREAT!

11. suzi says:

Great news.

12. Will says:

I’m sure Kitchen Nightmares will REALLY boost those Enlisted ratings……. :-\

• Badpenny says:

It’s not like Bones really helped. Even following Bones the show only had a 1.0 with 3.3 million viewers. Enlisted isn’t going to be around long, no matter what the lead-in.

• e says:

ugh, that was my first thought too… i don’t know why i’m so invested in enlisted after only a few episodes (mostly because i love stults from 7th heaven days and my beloved soulmate of all eternity Piz :)), but i just want fox to give it a chance!

13. Pat says:

Great news on both counts, yeah for Bones season 10 and moving back to Monday. I’m so excited about the renewal.

14. MEHay says:

OH NO! What’s FOX going to do with Almost Human?????? I’ll be devastated if it’s not renewed and far rather see it next year than Bones limping through a last season!

• Badpenny says:

TV-by-the-numbers is predicting cancelled.

• rynogeny says:

Almost Human was always intended to end its first season in March – starting late in the season, it only had a 13 ep (?) order. So moving Bones back to Monday isn’t about AH, at all. (Though I confess to wondering what they’d planned to air there after it ended prior to this move back for Bones.) And since the last ep or two before hiatus were stronger, ratings-wise, not everyone is in agreement that it will be canceled.

• wordsmith says:

On the bright side, this very site is still calling it “a safe bet” for renewal. And who else’s opinion really matters when it comes to these things?

15. Sarah says:

Yay Bones!! :)

16. Bones is one of my all-time favorite shows. I watch the reruns over and over, haven’t missed an episode, and am thrilled to pieces that the show is being renewed! It is one of those rare ensemble series in which all the characters have depth. This is so very satisfying! Thanks for the update!

17. lala says:

Yeah!!!!! So happy. Hopefully they are at comic con again this year spoiling on season 10!

18. anice says:

As a fan from the first episode, its like every show there are highs and lows but this show has a great standpoint. I’m beyond excited it has lead to season 10, not many shows can make it that far and I’ll watch it no matter what night its on!

19. Jacqi says:

I dvred it either way, but friday is less packed tv wise for me. Glad it got another season!

20. J says:

YAWN, can we cancel this crap fest already. BORING! Stopped watching after season 8

• Meredith says:

And yet, you haven’t stopped commenting. How interesting.

• Rich Abey says:

Hahaha…good one Meredith!

• J says:

Nope and don’t plan on it. Getting tired of this stale crap on TV.

• Probably not as tired as we fans are of reading the same stale, sad, attention-whoring comments like yours. We all realize that you believe because *you* don’t like something that no one else should too, but luckily, for the rest of us sanity-clutching viewers among you, the world doesn’t revolve around you and your own personal television viewing choices.

Bitter much?

• John NYC says:

Why? Once you’re not watching why would you care what’s being transmitted. It’s not like there isn’t enough bandwidth to go around.

• Bad Samaritan says:

I don’t know. I stopped commenting about that piece of crap Glee over a year ago and now that’s ending, so maybe there’s something to this?

21. Elysium says:

I’m so incredibly excited! I love Bones and think its just keeps getting better and better, unlike Castle, which I also love, but seems to be on a downward spiral this season. Can’t wait for more!

• Rich Abey says:

Love Bones too, but Castle is on a downward spiral this season..seriously?? Sure not a lot of kissing this season but still Castle had some of the best Caskett moments of the series this season…what with all the babies, wedding gowns, moving in’s, engagements being made public & topping all of it that amazing, refreshing proposal scene right at the start of S6!

• Lupe says:

Castle is great this season. And they have the best couple on tv.

• c-mo says:

Why oh why can we not get through a single Bones article without someone mentioning Castle in the comments? Sheesh! Bones and Castle are both excellent shows with incredibly loyal fan bases and since they are not broadcast against each other, they can both exist on the tv schedule for as long as possible…forever for all I care, I truly enjoy both shows and have since each premiered.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

I gave up on Castle last season, and I don’t want to read comments mentioning it (good or bad) every time I scroll through a Bones article…so can we PLEASE leave Castle out of this?

• Duke says:

Castle is way, way better than Bones. Not even close.

• J says:

Castle is three times the show Bones tries to be. 10 seasons is way to many…

• Again, this is an article on Bones. If you look through the Castle articles, there are almost NO mentions of Bones from their fans.

What does that say about you? Let the shows co-exist and move on. The grown-ups are talking.

Honestly.

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

J, you are sadly mistaken. While Castle is indeed a wonderful show, engaging, sometimes funny and very interesting. Bones is equally wonderful. The casts of both shows does their very best work possible and they are all charming and extremely talented actors, Sometimes the writing leaves a lot to be desired but the actors cannot be held responsible for that.

Anyhow this is just the opinion of someone who takes her television viewing very seriously. I don’t know what motivates you to qualify BONES as an inferior show. However, you are certainly entitled to your opinion!

Have a good day, Mariana

• Gillian says:

Hey J! Enjoy your show while you can. The way your leads are (not) getting along, next season might be your last. Have a nice day!

• Miriam Maurer says:

Lay off Castle…even with them fighting they are great…just because you don’ t like someone else’s post doesn’t mean you should put down another series…loved the Bones wedding!

22. I still love the show and watch every episode. Humor, drama, great writing and great acting make it the best.

23. Boiler says:

This is great news!! May be helped now that HIMYM soon over and also helps Hart of Dixie on the CW when it moves to Friday

24. Christine says:

Maybe they moved the show to Mondays because Bones will be sticking around for a few more seasons??

Fantastic news about the renewal and the move to Mondays. I didn’t mind what day the show was on, as long as I get to watch it. Hopefully Emily, David and the cast will continue on with the show til the very end.

25. Jake says:

Bones does well on Fridays

26. Andrew Hass says:

I’m happy Bones got renewed for another season.However as for them moving back to Monday nights that might not be a permanent thing.The network may just want to see how it does back on Mondays.

27. greysfan says:

Awesome news. With the fact HIMYM is ending too might help it in the long run too.

28. bobbi says:

I am so happy that Bones is being renewed for a tenth season and moving back to Mondays. I forget about Bones being on Fridays, until friends remind me. Love that Bones fanbase is very vocal.

29. Mary S says:

I love Bones and am THRILLED that is has been renewed…but, how could it not be?

On the other hand, I already DVR 8 shows on Monday – LUCKILY there are only 2 other shows at 8:00PM Monday, so the DVR will handle the extra show. (2 @7:00, 3@ 8:00, 3@ 9:00 and 1@11:00) And, of course, some of those currently recorded may go into hiatus about that same time.
    BUT – Bones and Blue Bloods are the only thing I like on Fridays…I do not go out on Friday or Saturday (date nights for the young!) … and really don’t know what I will watch. Oh, well, I have a great DVD collection.

30. Pam says:

So happy Bones is renewed for a 10th season. Congratulations to the outstanding cast and crew who make it happen for viewers every week. The series just gets better and better bravo. I like it on Mondays but it doesn’t matter what night I just follow it from slot to slot night to night it’s quality. Silly how people who say they have stopped watching Bones always find their way to post slams against it. They must be interested and still watching since they find the need to follow the blogs about it. Thank you Fox for renewing the series and knowing it has staying power.

31. sophia7470 says:

Ah, Bones, you are amazing. What an incredible achievement, I’m so pleased and proud for everyone involved in the show – we’re going to hit the magic 206 episodes, yay! ha.

Also – props to David, this is going to be his 18th season leading a show. That’s incredible. Bones gives a lot of pleasure to a lot of people, it’s a great show with a good heart, and I’m so pleased it’s got it’s 10th season – it deserves it. .

32. Pat says:

Wherever Bones goes I will always follow. I am glad to hear, that it has been renewed for Season 10! This is a good show and it has a pretty decent fan base ( with me included ) so YEAH, for the renewal!!!!!!!!

33. rynogeny says:

Dear people who are complaining about the show not being canceled – thank you, so much, for the morning laugh! Is Bones the only show someone forces you to watch at gunpoint, or are there others? (I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here, since most sane people, of their own free will, wouldn’t bother commenting on something they don’t watch, or aren’t petty enough to do so, in any respect.)

Seriously, I’m so proud of Bones. I love that they proved everyone wrong about the move to Friday, totally rocking the ratings that night, and are going into S10 as such a strong performer for Fox. The network knows that wherever they need to put them, people will watch, and that’s rare for any show.

34. I don’t care where they put Bones, I’ll still be watching. I’m more worried about Almost Human….I love that show!

35. Rita says:

I couldn’t be happier! Way to go Bones! Cast & Crew! We Are The BEST!

36. Rachel says:

this poor show has bounced around SO many timeslots these past 9 seasons and fans have not waivered. that speaks a lot to the show. so glad they are getting that monday slot back again!

37. The Rookie says:

Guys, is there any particular reason why the show was renewed so early? Are there any contract disputes or other technical parameters that require such large lead time? Will early renewal relate to higher ratings. Just asking, new to that.

• Honestly, it really just speaks to the fact that Bones is a solid performer, has the most loyal fan base on television (Supernatural being a very close second!), is still telling interesting stories and Fox has a few flailing shows they need Bones to cover for.

Bones is definitely The Little Show That Could in every respect.

38. Roxane says:

What sets Bones apart from other shows is the chemistry between not only their two leads, Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz, but also the mixture of the other supporting players, Michaela Conlin, T.J. Thyne, Tamara Taylor and John Francis Daley. Add in the squinterns, a visit from Caroline, Aldo, Hank, Gordon Gordon, or a fright from the serial killers (in small doses, thank you) and Bones has created something special that makes fans. It hasn’t been easy watching Bones as it has ricocheted across the schedule, but it’s been a must-see TV show (sorry NBC). Congrats to Hart Hanson, Stephen Nathan and a fabulous array of cast and crew.

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

Well stated Roxane. I congratulate you for your eloquent description of this fabulous show.
      I hope you have a wonderful and productive day, Mariana

39. John NYC says:

The one aspect of this show that continually puzzles me is how in the world does a show that regularly goes for the most grotesque, disgusting closeups, not to mention pouring decayed “human soup” out of various containers, get scheduled for 8 o’clock?

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

Oh! for heaven’s sake John, don’t be so shocked. Television has been inundated with scenes like the ones you describe for a long time now. Are you acquainted with CSI Miami, CSI New York, CSI Los Angeles, or even NCIS? All of those programs show plenty of less than pleasant stuff to look at.

Just close your eyes through those scenes and enjoy the rest of the show! Mariana

40. b says:

Best News Ever!!! <3

41. Babybop says:

Yay for Bones!! I look forward to it every week. I’m really going to be sad when it ends. Like, probably as sad I was when House ended (which was REALLY sad)…

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

BabyBop, I absolutely love Bones. Always have and always will. I will probably go into depression mode when the show ends which I hope is not for a long time. However, I just had to share the fact that I absolutely hated House. That doctor had the most horrid personality for a health care provider. You see, I have a chronic illness and I have to see doctors on a regular basis. Some of those doctors are just like House, unkind to their patients, aparently uncaring. Yes brilliant people, but in the personality department they are all pigs impersonating human beings. I just did not need that reflected on a television show. Needless to say, I was not sad when the show ended.

By the way, how did you come up with BABYBOP? That is cute, Mariana

42. Ruth ann says:

Great news that Bones has been renewed, like other comments I don’t care what night, you can count on me to be watching. Thank you Fox for renewing the show.

Love the romance with Booth and Brennan and glad they are married, both do a beautiful job, love Emily, you are my favorite actress and I try to follow on your fan club and different shows where you are interviewed. Please keep us your fans abreast of shows, etc you will be on so we can support , vote, and keep incourging you and you work.

The staff also do a great job, again love the show. Hope for more seasons. Thank you Emily and you staff for all the hardworking and long hous spent in entertaining us your fans

43. Love this show and so glad its going back to Mondays.

44. Robin Garrett says:

Glad Bones is back for Season 10. Let’s make a Season 11. Don’t end it now, it’s too soon. And follow Bones with Sleepy Hollow. It goes great following Bones. Why mess up a good thing??? Huh???? Come on Fox.

45. barbara says:

i watched bones on mondays it moved to fridays i watched if a bones fan you follow it no matter what night!!!!!!

46. Kathie Menker says:

I was surprised when they moved Bones to Fri., but it gave me 3 shows in a row to watch, Bones, Hawaii 50 and Blue Bloods. When it goes back to Mon. I’ll watch it, Castle re-run on TNT or The Following if it comes back on, and Castle on ABC.
    I’m glad Bones got renewed, but hate for it to go off after only one more season.

47. betty says:

glad bones renewed for 10th season!!!!!

48. Wayne Adney Capehart says:

Someone mentioned here that it’s “past its prime”. Yes …and No. It reached it character building apex when Bones went to the island and Booth went to Iraq but the comfort zone maintaining that level lasted to the end of season 6. Season 7 was a transitional piece in my opinion. Pilante’s S7 involvement was just another way to re-affirm B & B’s love and to show that their are others equal to Bones furthermore, test her own abilties, beliefs and even her new found faith in “religious superstitions”. With the baby they never use it to drive a wedge or tax Bone and Booth’s mind and body between their personal and professional relationship and life. A lot of shows will use those little schticks and tricks to gain viewers in their back pocket but BONES never relied on it. I do feel a change between earlier seasons and now. Focus has seem to be more on the Bones and Booth first then the colleagues whether than the cases they are involved in. Science at this point has become more and more a backdrop and the emotions (i.e. through the “soft sciences”) is taking precedence. Is that good? Who Knows considering Kathy Reich’s books rely more on intellect than emotional entrappings. We all know or do we that season 10 will be the last so with the seem-like low key send-off of Pilante at the beggining of S9 and the hint of a new “unknown” killer we can assume the emotional fallout from this new threat will set of the last season for a big finish focusing on the Bones and Booth and getting to the bare “bones” of their relationship and the one with their colleagues and family as well. Leaving me to believe any new killer in S10 would be there to test that and get to the heart of Bones that she will either believe in the supernatural unknown or retreat back into her fact-based theories. WIth the cast and crew knowing their is a strong fan base they probably won’t go to any extremes but wil hopefully give us a finale that will go down in history of Television show finales. P.S. Mondays nights is a good place for it and I think it would still worked on fridays if they paired it up with The following or Sleepyhollow.

49. I wld watch Bones no matter when or where but I think they shld stop moving the sh

50. Elizabeth says:

I have always loved Bones. My biggest gripe about the show is I am sick and tired of the constant shift of when it is on. I literally could not even find it for several seasons. I am now watching it season by season from the public library as it just got too annoying to keep up. I