Is Veronica Mars Coming to a Theater Near You?

Veronica Mars Movie PosterPencil me in for either the Garden State Plaza or the Palisades Center (if I’m in the mood to deal with the parking garage’s swamp vapors).

A list of U.S. theaters that will be playing the Veronica Mars movie has been released, listed alphabetically by major-ish cities at the AMC Theatres website.

VIDEO | The Veronica Mars Movie Trailer — Could It Also Bring In Non-Fans?

What’s more, arrangements have been made to screen the beloved series’ big screen lark at a few areas where AMC does not have locations: Premiere Cinema 15 (in Lubbock, Texas), The Living Room 6 (Portland, Ore.), Cinetopia Progress Ridge Beaverton (Portland, Ore.) and Cinetopia Vancouver Mall (Vancouver, Wash.).

Does any of the above have your Marshmallowy needs covered?

Tickets will be available for pre-order on Feb. 14 — a LoVe-ly date if there ever was one — aka one month prior to the move’s theatrical release.

RELATED | Veronica Mars Spin-Off Update: Find Out Which Character Will Anchor The CW’s Web Offshoot

For those outside of these here United States, Mars man Rob Thomas says he is still working out the arrangements for international distribution.

1. Jen says:

Will they be showing it in Canada?

• JJM says:

“For those outside of these here States, Mars sire Rob Thomas that he is still working out the arrangements for international distribution.” – I’m not sure why people never read the full article before commenting.

• dude says:

Some people don’t consider Canada “international” seeing as it’s still North America. That could have been the cause of the confusion.

• Liz says:

Canada is sometimes international, but sometimes not. Depends on what the context is. And our cultural stuff tends to line up; tv shows, movies, sports programming, etc all tends to run in sync so it’s a grey area. And sadly, case-by-case lol

• Ginger Gaskell says:

I’m not seeing it listed in Fairbanks, really!? I have been so excited, since I first heard they were doing a movie for Veronica Mars and now am kind of bummed, if it’s not going to show here in Alaska.

• Ginger Gaskell says:

The thing is, Alaska is not international, it is in these United States and I’m hoping that if they are doing good at the theatres where they are showing, that maybe they will broaden the showings to other theatres. Especially since they are hoping for a second movie to be funded by the studio.

• dude says:

I would say Canada has the best chance of any country for international distribution. However, it might just be in major cities like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal…etc. I doubt Cineplex will carry it though.

• Maria says:

I will cry if they don’t :(

• Ally Oop says:

Hopefully it appears on either Netflix or Xbox Gold here. I’m not holding hope for it to show up in a Saskatchewan theatre–now that would be a shocker.

• Justine Smith says:

Canada is here! If you go to Cineplex’s website, you can buy tickets NOW! :) WOOOHOOOOOO

2. Eric7740 says:

Wow!!! Lubbock Texas got a shout out!!!! As a Lubbock native, that made me smile!!!! Now if we only got a shout-out for a cause I was passionate about (nothing against Veroinca Mars lovers, it was just never my cup ot tea!) Glad you fans got your movie!!!

• Elyse says:

I’ve never been to Texas before but Lubbock Texas is burned into my brain because so many of the insurances I work the claims have to be sent to Lubbock! Its the only town in Texas I’ve heard of besides Dallas, Houston and Austin.

3. Deion says:

Whoo hoo! I’m near no less than 5 theatres!

4. Lecholls says:

Yes! Can’t wait!

5. Really hoping they work out that international distribution. Would love to see it here in Montreal.

6. Mikael says:

I can’t wait!!

7. Nicole says:

I really hope it plays somewhere near me. I live in SoCal but not near L.A. Plus there aren’t any AMC theaters near me. The ironic thing is I work at a small movie theater and I know my boss won’t get it so I’ll have to drive a while to go see it. But you bet your ass I will drive however far I have to.

8. Caitlin says:

I figured we’d get it in one theater, but I got 4! So happy I can actually choose which one I want to go see it at! Rob’s Kickstarter email said you can also request your city if you don’t see it. If enough people request, they’ll look at maybe adding some more cities!

9. the girl says:

I still don’t even know if I have a date for this movie… but I think I’m going to Menlo Park, they have the dine-in menu and the super huge comfy chairs.

10. JJ says:

No amc theaters here :(

11. Nothing for Rhode Island. Oh well, guess I’ll wait for video.

• Zach says:

Depending on where in RI you live, the Framingham AMC theater would be 45-60 minutes away from you. Not sure if you want to drive that far. Just take 95 to 495, then 495 to the Mass Pike and Mass Pike to Rt. 9 and you are there.

• Kella says:

There are 5 theaters in the general Boston area and 2 in CT. It is RI…I guarantee one is with in 45 minutes to an hour from you. Though many here think over 30 minutes drive is a day trip and they better pack a bag, haha.

12. e says:

re-watching the series for the second time, (first consumed it a few weeks ago when amazon made it available through prime), and while i may not be an original viewer i am already unbelievably obsessed. i haven’t seen a movie in theaters in YEARS, but i already plan on preordering tickets and i am embarrassingly excited for this movie. also, just watched the episode where mr. michael ausiello himself made an appearance, so this announcement seems timely :)

• Kella says:

I could have written this post. I just did and am doing the exact same thing! Ha!

• e says:

so amazing right!? after i finished rewatching the second time, i went through days of withdrawal trying to pick another show to watch… i didn’t feel like anything would measure up! i am on the second to last episode of house of cards right now, and i feel very ‘meh’ about it, so there’s a chance i will be rewatching vmars for the THIRD time in the last two months… problem? i don’t think so…

13. Kaycee says:

Please do the UK!

14. Eliza says:

It’s playing in a theatre near me. Woot! Cannot wait!!

15. lrdslvrhnd says:

So is this ALL of the theaters? Or just all of the AMC theaters? Or just the theaters for a limited release with a wider release planned for later?

Inquiring minds that don’t live anywhere near big metropolitan areas want to know!

16. music says:

Thanks for finally writing about >Veronica Mars Movie Theater Locations – Where Is It
    Playing? – TVLine <Loved it!

17. Mandy says:

Well apparently I am going to have to drive 3 hours to see the movie :( Is this the for sure final list? :(

18. joe says:

Is amc the only chain showing the movie or can i see it at other chains

19. Laura Hailey says:

I need the movie to come to Danville, VA or Greensboro, NC. Omg I want to watch it so freaking bad please! please!

20. Susan says:

So many Denver theaters! So happy!

21. Steven says:

YES! AMC Loews Stony Brook 17! Weird it’s considered part of New Jersey since it’s Long Island, but who cares! I’m so excited!

22. Alyssa says:

Hey Matt! You live in my neck of the woods! I’m often at the edge of my seat waiting for your TV recaps and commentary; wouldn’t it be awesome if we met up and I got your explication live?! =P

• NJ says:

It’s cool it’s playing in so many theaters in the region. I may have to watch at each and every one haha. Palisades 21,Garden State 16,Rockaway 16,Wayne 14,East Hanover 12,Clifton Commons 16,Jersey Gardens 20. I’ve actually been to all of those before.

23. Betty says:

Unbelievable; waited forever for this and I can’t even see it because I don’t live remotely close to any of these locations.

24. Grethe says:

Well, it’s probably not going to show in South Africa, so will have to wait for the DVD, I suppose. Feeling very sad…

25. David4 says:

Wow….

They talked about how the movie wouldn’t be as limited of a release as they thought. Makes me wonder what the original plan of releases was.

• NJ says:

Originally it was just going to be about a dozen theaters. And then it was going to be like their classic series which is, sadly, down to only about 38 screens in the whole country this year! So this release at over 200 locations is actually really huge for AMC’s special releases division for what they are doing at this point. But I do feel for you if there is nothing in your area. That stinks. A full-on wide release usually has about 1000 screens (less theaters than that) and a mega-blockbuster release 2500-4000 screens (less theaters) and this has well over 200 screens (unless some theaters book more than one screen, which seems unlikely).

26. Daisy says:

I’m excited for the movie but sad for me in Virginia. The nearest theater to me is 90 miles away and I live in a pretty big city. Oh, well. Will wait for the video release. Yay, Mars!

27. Pauli says:

Yay!! Veronica Mars is coming to my local AMC! When the movie was first proposed, I figured I’d have to wait for the DVD, and I had accepted that, just glad to have the movie at all, I never thought it would actually be in my town!! I can understand why people are disappointed if it’s not in their city, but realistically, before AMC got involved, it was probably only going to be realsed in a few states. We should be excited that it’s been expanded!

28. Lena says:

Yes! I’m ten minutes away from one of the theaters. Can’t wait to see it!

29. Ally Oop says:

I am really curious now what percentage of people on this site are Canadian. So many comments all the time from fellow Canucks.

30. Rosie5656 says:

Very excited! When I first backed the project I assumed this movie would only be in about 5 cities (limited release and all). It is awesome to see how many theaters it will actually be in!

31. Will says:

one of the hundreds of reasons I love living in Los Angeles!! :D

Already added to my Outlook Calendar with the page link. You better believe I’ll be pre-ordering on 2/14 as one of the first things I do when I get in to work that day!!

32. Chaunci says:

I really hope this movie makes its way to Canada! You have a lot of fans here!! I for one have been waiting for this movie to come out ever since the series was cancelled!!

33. queerbec says:

We’ve all got to go that first day Friday to give a strong early indication about how popular the movie can be. (And if it indeed proves popular–they could very well expand its distribution).Can’t believe it’s going this wide. Thought it would be marketed like a niche film.

34. charissa29 says:

the closest one to me is at least 21/2 HOURS away! Dammit!

35. Tsuki says:

None in my area. I guess I’ll wait for DVD/streaming availability.

36. Court says:

Of course the day I leave NYC for Spring Break, I go to South Florida where the only theater playing VM is an hour away in Miami. Sigh. I’m still driving to see it opening night c:

37. Renee says:

NO! I’m not driving into fricken Atlanta to see this. Surely it will be in some other theaters. This is heartbreaking.

38. Alicia says:

Will Rob Thomas consider expanding the airing outside of AMC theaters? My state doesn’t have any and the nearest one I can go to is Seattle!

39. Paloma says:

I was hoping to get to see Veronica Mars in the movie theater, and now I have to be content to wait for my digital Kickstarter copy. Better than nothing. But disappointing.

40. Jessica says:

Nearest theater for me is 4 hours away. I’m glad I got a digital copy coming as a Kickstarter backer because I’m not driving that far.

41. Sienna says:

We only have one AMC here in San Antonio, TX, and it looks like the VM movie won’t be coming to us. I kind of understand. I think it only has 9 screens, and this movie, as much as I would like it to be commercially successful, is unlikely to do as well as a blockbuster/big budget film. And since this tiny, singular AMC has to compete with our (admittedly amazing) local theater chain, Santikos, I get why they might pass on this one. I can drive to Austin, though – it’s not that far.

42. Elyse says:

So many possibilities in Columbus!!! :D :D

43. Rain388 says:

Wow, AMC needs to get their states straight. I didn’t think it was playing at my theater, luckily I searched Philadelphia area and Hamilton is listed – last I checked I live in Jersey. But either way, YAY!!

• NJ says:

Yeah they put things near the largest major city in some cases, so all of southwestern NJ got put under Philadelphia. (But I’m still not sure how a few theaters in Queens and the rest of L.I. got listed under NJ though haha. The Nyack listing sorta makes sense since it’s skimming just above the NJ border, but the L.I. stuff not so sure about….)

44. Joe says:

Nashville. We got nothing. I’d like it even better if it was shown in Smyrna. (suburb)

45. Amanda Stacey says:

There are no AMC theaters in New Mexico. I was wondering.if there is a way to add one like Lubbock? Its 6 hours from my home to the closest one. Does anyone have a way to contact/email someone? I love VMars amd watch it from beginning to end then start again. Seen it like 20+ times and am so excited to see the movie!!! Someone please help!

46. Meghan says:

We have AMC in Buffalo, NY- please bring the movie here!!

47. andie says:

No theaters in New Mexico. I am a sad panda today.

48. Katerina says:

Reblogged this on Katerina's Stylish Life and commented:
    Get excited Marshmallows!

49. Lena says:

So not fair at all! I’ve been looking forward to this since the kick starter and nothing in Tennessee at all…LAME!!

• Andrea says:

I agree. I live in TN too and backed this movie. I would drive 3-4 hours to see it, but even that isn’t an option! :(