Is Veronica Mars Coming to a Theater Near You?

Get More: News

Veronica Mars Movie PosterPencil me in for either the Garden State Plaza or the Palisades Center (if I’m in the mood to deal with the parking garage’s swamp vapors).

A list of U.S. theaters that will be playing the Veronica Mars movie has been released, listed alphabetically by major-ish cities at the AMC Theatres website.

VIDEO | The Veronica Mars Movie Trailer — Could It Also Bring In Non-Fans?

What’s more, arrangements have been made to screen the beloved series’ big screen lark at a few areas where AMC does not have locations: Premiere Cinema 15 (in Lubbock, Texas), The Living Room 6 (Portland, Ore.), Cinetopia Progress Ridge Beaverton (Portland, Ore.) and Cinetopia Vancouver Mall (Vancouver, Wash.).

Does any of the above have your Marshmallowy needs covered?

Tickets will be available for pre-order on Feb. 14 – a LoVe-ly date if there ever was one — aka one month prior to the move’s theatrical release.

RELATED | Veronica Mars Spin-Off Update: Find Out Which Character Will Anchor The CW’s Web Offshoot

For those outside of these here United States, Mars man Rob Thomas says he is still working out the arrangements for international distribution.

Comments (104)

• Will they be showing it in Canada?

Comment by Jen – January 28, 2014 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “For those outside of these here States, Mars sire Rob Thomas that he is still working out the arrangements for international distribution.” – I’m not sure why people never read the full article before commenting.

Comment by JJM – January 28, 2014 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Some people don’t consider Canada “international” seeing as it’s still North America. That could have been the cause of the confusion.

Comment by dude – January 28, 2014 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Canada is sometimes international, but sometimes not. Depends on what the context is. And our cultural stuff tends to line up; tv shows, movies, sports programming, etc all tends to run in sync so it’s a grey area. And sadly, case-by-case lol

Comment by Liz – January 28, 2014 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not seeing it listed in Fairbanks, really!? I have been so excited, since I first heard they were doing a movie for Veronica Mars and now am kind of bummed, if it’s not going to show here in Alaska.

Comment by Ginger Gaskell – March 11, 2014 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I too am disappointed that it is not playing closer to me and I’m in ny state.

Comment by Valerie – March 20, 2014 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The thing is, Alaska is not international, it is in these United States and I’m hoping that if they are doing good at the theatres where they are showing, that maybe they will broaden the showings to other theatres. Especially since they are hoping for a second movie to be funded by the studio.

Comment by Ginger Gaskell – March 24, 2014 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would say Canada has the best chance of any country for international distribution. However, it might just be in major cities like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal…etc. I doubt Cineplex will carry it though.

Comment by dude – January 28, 2014 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Probably ya. And stupid cineplex and their monopoly. Empire might get it though. Or maybe it will be up to the few remaining art houses to show it to us

Comment by Liz – January 28, 2014 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Except that Cineplex bought out empire. East coast anyway… I assume everywhere.

Comment by bexx888 – January 28, 2014 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will cry if they don’t :(

Comment by Maria – January 28, 2014 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hopefully it appears on either Netflix or Xbox Gold here. I’m not holding hope for it to show up in a Saskatchewan theatre–now that would be a shocker.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 28, 2014 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Canada is here! If you go to Cineplex’s website, you can buy tickets NOW! :) WOOOHOOOOOO

Comment by Justine Smith – February 14, 2014 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow!!! Lubbock Texas got a shout out!!!! As a Lubbock native, that made me smile!!!! Now if we only got a shout-out for a cause I was passionate about (nothing against Veroinca Mars lovers, it was just never my cup ot tea!) Glad you fans got your movie!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – January 28, 2014 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve never been to Texas before but Lubbock Texas is burned into my brain because so many of the insurances I work the claims have to be sent to Lubbock! Its the only town in Texas I’ve heard of besides Dallas, Houston and Austin.

Comment by Elyse – January 29, 2014 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoo hoo! I’m near no less than 5 theatres!

Comment by Deion – January 28, 2014 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! One theater is just down the road from me. Which means an easy excuse to see it multiple times! :)

Comment by gdv – January 28, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Can’t wait!

Comment by Lecholls – January 28, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hoping they work out that international distribution. Would love to see it here in Montreal.

Comment by Robert J (@this_rob) – January 28, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so do I and 2 of my kids :)

Comment by Sylvie – January 28, 2014 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!!

Comment by Mikael – January 28, 2014 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it plays somewhere near me. I live in SoCal but not near L.A. Plus there aren’t any AMC theaters near me. The ironic thing is I work at a small movie theater and I know my boss won’t get it so I’ll have to drive a while to go see it. But you bet your ass I will drive however far I have to.

Comment by Nicole – January 28, 2014 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I figured we’d get it in one theater, but I got 4! So happy I can actually choose which one I want to go see it at! Rob’s Kickstarter email said you can also request your city if you don’t see it. If enough people request, they’ll look at maybe adding some more cities!

Comment by Caitlin – January 28, 2014 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How do I request?!? The nearest one to me is over 6 hours away!!!

Comment by Josie Waisbrot – February 10, 2014 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still don’t even know if I have a date for this movie… but I think I’m going to Menlo Park, they have the dine-in menu and the super huge comfy chairs.

Comment by the girl – January 28, 2014 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No amc theaters here :(

Comment by JJ – January 28, 2014 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me either. I’d have to drive at least 300 miles to get to the nearest one. I’m so bummed!

Comment by Kellie – January 28, 2014 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Europe?

Comment by Mirela-Maria Iepure – January 28, 2014 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing for Rhode Island. Oh well, guess I’ll wait for video.

Comment by Andy Dursin (@theaisleseatcom) – January 28, 2014 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Depending on where in RI you live, the Framingham AMC theater would be 45-60 minutes away from you. Not sure if you want to drive that far. Just take 95 to 495, then 495 to the Mass Pike and Mass Pike to Rt. 9 and you are there.

Comment by Zach – January 28, 2014 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are 5 theaters in the general Boston area and 2 in CT. It is RI…I guarantee one is with in 45 minutes to an hour from you. Though many here think over 30 minutes drive is a day trip and they better pack a bag, haha.

Comment by Kella – February 12, 2014 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • re-watching the series for the second time, (first consumed it a few weeks ago when amazon made it available through prime), and while i may not be an original viewer i am already unbelievably obsessed. i haven’t seen a movie in theaters in YEARS, but i already plan on preordering tickets and i am embarrassingly excited for this movie. also, just watched the episode where mr. michael ausiello himself made an appearance, so this announcement seems timely :)

Comment by e – January 28, 2014 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could have written this post. I just did and am doing the exact same thing! Ha!

Comment by Kella – February 12, 2014 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so amazing right!? after i finished rewatching the second time, i went through days of withdrawal trying to pick another show to watch… i didn’t feel like anything would measure up! i am on the second to last episode of house of cards right now, and i feel very ‘meh’ about it, so there’s a chance i will be rewatching vmars for the THIRD time in the last two months… problem? i don’t think so…

Comment by e – February 12, 2014 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please do the UK!

Comment by Kaycee – January 28, 2014 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s playing in a theatre near me. Woot! Cannot wait!!

Comment by Eliza – January 28, 2014 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is this ALL of the theaters? Or just all of the AMC theaters? Or just the theaters for a limited release with a wider release planned for later?

Inquiring minds that don’t live anywhere near big metropolitan areas want to know!

Comment by lrdslvrhnd – January 28, 2014 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think the movie is just being distributed through AMC theaters, so my guess is this is the widest release planned…

Comment by e – January 28, 2014 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep. And all things considered, it’s a very impressive list. The original expectation was for it not to go nearly this wide.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 28, 2014 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ugh. Guess I’m waiting for the DVD. Thanks for the response, disappointing as it was.

Comment by lrdslvrhnd – January 28, 2014 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for finally writing about >Veronica Mars Movie Theater Locations – Where Is It
    Playing? – TVLine <Loved it!

Comment by music – January 28, 2014 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well apparently I am going to have to drive 3 hours to see the movie :( Is this the for sure final list? :(

Comment by Mandy – January 28, 2014 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is amc the only chain showing the movie or can i see it at other chains

Comment by joe – January 28, 2014 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The complete list of theaters is provided at the link above.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 28, 2014 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need the movie to come to Danville, VA or Greensboro, NC. Omg I want to watch it so freaking bad please! please!

Comment by Laura Hailey – January 28, 2014 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many Denver theaters! So happy!

Comment by Susan – January 28, 2014 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! AMC Loews Stony Brook 17! Weird it’s considered part of New Jersey since it’s Long Island, but who cares! I’m so excited!

Comment by Steven – January 28, 2014 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Matt! You live in my neck of the woods! I’m often at the edge of my seat waiting for your TV recaps and commentary; wouldn’t it be awesome if we met up and I got your explication live?! =P

Comment by Alyssa – January 28, 2014 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s cool it’s playing in so many theaters in the region. I may have to watch at each and every one haha. Palisades 21,Garden State 16,Rockaway 16,Wayne 14,East Hanover 12,Clifton Commons 16,Jersey Gardens 20. I’ve actually been to all of those before.

Comment by NJ – January 28, 2014 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unbelievable; waited forever for this and I can’t even see it because I don’t live remotely close to any of these locations.

Comment by Betty – January 28, 2014 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me either, I’m super bummed

Comment by Lena – February 26, 2014 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, it’s probably not going to show in South Africa, so will have to wait for the DVD, I suppose. Feeling very sad…

Comment by Grethe – January 28, 2014 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow….

They talked about how the movie wouldn’t be as limited of a release as they thought. Makes me wonder what the original plan of releases was.

Comment by David4 – January 28, 2014 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Originally it was just going to be about a dozen theaters. And then it was going to be like their classic series which is, sadly, down to only about 38 screens in the whole country this year! So this release at over 200 locations is actually really huge for AMC’s special releases division for what they are doing at this point. But I do feel for you if there is nothing in your area. That stinks. A full-on wide release usually has about 1000 screens (less theaters than that) and a mega-blockbuster release 2500-4000 screens (less theaters) and this has well over 200 screens (unless some theaters book more than one screen, which seems unlikely).

Comment by NJ – January 28, 2014 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited for the movie but sad for me in Virginia. The nearest theater to me is 90 miles away and I live in a pretty big city. Oh, well. Will wait for the video release. Yay, Mars!

Comment by Daisy – January 28, 2014 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!! Veronica Mars is coming to my local AMC! When the movie was first proposed, I figured I’d have to wait for the DVD, and I had accepted that, just glad to have the movie at all, I never thought it would actually be in my town!! I can understand why people are disappointed if it’s not in their city, but realistically, before AMC got involved, it was probably only going to be realsed in a few states. We should be excited that it’s been expanded!

Comment by Pauli – January 28, 2014 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I’m ten minutes away from one of the theaters. Can’t wait to see it!

Comment by Lena – January 28, 2014 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really curious now what percentage of people on this site are Canadian. So many comments all the time from fellow Canucks.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 28, 2014 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited! When I first backed the project I assumed this movie would only be in about 5 cities (limited release and all). It is awesome to see how many theaters it will actually be in!

Comment by Rosie5656 – January 28, 2014 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • one of the hundreds of reasons I love living in Los Angeles!! :D

Already added to my Outlook Calendar with the page link. You better believe I’ll be pre-ordering on 2/14 as one of the first things I do when I get in to work that day!!

Comment by Will – January 28, 2014 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope this movie makes its way to Canada! You have a lot of fans here!! I for one have been waiting for this movie to come out ever since the series was cancelled!!

Comment by Chaunci – January 28, 2014 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’ve all got to go that first day Friday to give a strong early indication about how popular the movie can be. (And if it indeed proves popular–they could very well expand its distribution).Can’t believe it’s going this wide. Thought it would be marketed like a niche film.

Comment by queerbec – January 28, 2014 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the closest one to me is at least 21/2 HOURS away! Dammit!

Comment by charissa29 – January 28, 2014 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Take the day off of work and make a day of it with friends!

Comment by gdv – January 28, 2014 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • None in my area. I guess I’ll wait for DVD/streaming availability.

Comment by Tsuki – January 28, 2014 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course the day I leave NYC for Spring Break, I go to South Florida where the only theater playing VM is an hour away in Miami. Sigh. I’m still driving to see it opening night c:

Comment by Court – January 28, 2014 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO! I’m not driving into fricken Atlanta to see this. Surely it will be in some other theaters. This is heartbreaking.

Comment by Renee – January 28, 2014 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess I can drive to Lawrenceville. It is after all my last chance to see Veronica and Logan. And Keith. And…

Comment by Renee – January 28, 2014 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Rob Thomas consider expanding the airing outside of AMC theaters? My state doesn’t have any and the nearest one I can go to is Seattle!

Comment by Alicia – January 28, 2014 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping to get to see Veronica Mars in the movie theater, and now I have to be content to wait for my digital Kickstarter copy. Better than nothing. But disappointing.

Comment by Paloma – January 28, 2014 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nearest theater for me is 4 hours away. I’m glad I got a digital copy coming as a Kickstarter backer because I’m not driving that far.

Comment by Jessica – January 28, 2014 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We only have one AMC here in San Antonio, TX, and it looks like the VM movie won’t be coming to us. I kind of understand. I think it only has 9 screens, and this movie, as much as I would like it to be commercially successful, is unlikely to do as well as a blockbuster/big budget film. And since this tiny, singular AMC has to compete with our (admittedly amazing) local theater chain, Santikos, I get why they might pass on this one. I can drive to Austin, though – it’s not that far.

Comment by Sienna – January 29, 2014 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But it’d be so nice to see it while lounging in their new recliner chairs, while sipping an adult beverage.

Comment by Dd – February 28, 2014 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many possibilities in Columbus!!! :D :D

Comment by Elyse – January 29, 2014 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, AMC needs to get their states straight. I didn’t think it was playing at my theater, luckily I searched Philadelphia area and Hamilton is listed – last I checked I live in Jersey. But either way, YAY!!

Comment by Rain388 – January 29, 2014 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah they put things near the largest major city in some cases, so all of southwestern NJ got put under Philadelphia. (But I’m still not sure how a few theaters in Queens and the rest of L.I. got listed under NJ though haha. The Nyack listing sorta makes sense since it’s skimming just above the NJ border, but the L.I. stuff not so sure about….)

Comment by NJ – January 30, 2014 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville. We got nothing. I’d like it even better if it was shown in Smyrna. (suburb)

Comment by Joe – January 30, 2014 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are no AMC theaters in New Mexico. I was wondering.if there is a way to add one like Lubbock? Its 6 hours from my home to the closest one. Does anyone have a way to contact/email someone? I love VMars amd watch it from beginning to end then start again. Seen it like 20+ times and am so excited to see the movie!!! Someone please help!

Comment by Amanda Stacey – February 1, 2014 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We have AMC in Buffalo, NY- please bring the movie here!!

Comment by Meghan – February 6, 2014 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No theaters in New Mexico. I am a sad panda today.

Comment by andie – February 18, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Katerina's Stylish Life and commented:
    Get excited Marshmallows!

Comment by Katerina – February 19, 2014 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So not fair at all! I’ve been looking forward to this since the kick starter and nothing in Tennessee at all…LAME!!

Comment by Lena – February 26, 2014 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I live in TN too and backed this movie. I would drive 3-4 hours to see it, but even that isn’t an option! :(

Comment by Andrea – March 12, 2014 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post