The Amazing Race Reveals Teams for All-Star Edition: Twinnies, Afghanimals, Brenchel & More!

Get More: Reality TV

Amazing-Race-Season-24-all-star-castFans of The Amazing Race will be seeing stars — All-Stars, that is, when the show’s 24th season premieres Sunday, Feb. 23 (8/7c) on CBS. And now, the network has announced which returning favorites will be featured in this particular constellation:

The 11 teams competing for the $1 million prize will include:

* “The Afghanimals”: Cousins Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran — 4th place on Season 23

* “Brenchel”: Brendon Villegas and Big Brother‘s Rachel Reilly — 3rd place on Season 20

* “Twinnies”: Natalie Anderson & Nadiya Anderson — 4th place on Season 21

* “The Cowboys”: Brothers Cord & Jet McCoy — 2nd place on Season 16; 6th place on Season 18

* “The Globetrotters”: Nate “Big Easy” Lofton & Herbert “Flight Time” Lang — 4th place on Season 15; 2nd place on Season 18

* Mother/Son team Margie O’Donnell & Luke Adams — 3rd place on Season 14; 8th place on Season 18

* Team YouTube: Joseph “Joey” Graceffa & Meghan Caramena — 5th place on Season 22

* Team Kentucky: Friends William “Bopper” Minton & Mark Jackson — 5th place on Season 20

* “The Country Singers”: Jennifer Wayne & Caroline Cutbirth (of Stealing Angels) — 4th place on Season 22.

* Father/Son cancer survivors David O’Leary & Connor O’Leary — 8th place on Season 22

* Engaged couple John Erck & Jessica Hoel — 9th place on Season 22

Excited about the lineup for Season 24? Who’s your early pick to win? Who do you want to get ousted first? Sound off below!

Comments (66)

• Best All-Star cast EVER. Jet & Cord still makes me happy. YEE-HAW!!

Comment by Tran 2.0 – January 27, 2014 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, really? So many horribly annoying teams. The Youtubers, Brendan and Rachel ( I refuse to use the combined name) and Afghanimals have no business being back on the show. Where the heck are the Chippendales? Those guys were awesome and deserved to win their season. I wouldn’t mind seeing Trey and Lexi from their season as well. That was by far the most likeable final 3 I’ve ever seen.

Comment by Zayne – January 27, 2014 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ugh I hated the you tube couple and the Afghanimals. But I really hated Jessica and John that stupidly refused to use their Express Pass when they needed to and ended up getting eliminated. Love that Connor and David O’Leary will be back though! They probably would’ve gone a lot further if the father didn’t get hurt.

Comment by Julie – January 27, 2014 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And I also couldn’t stand the Twinnies. So annoying. I don’t remember Brendan and Rachel, loved the last season winners and the married couple from a couple of seasons ago – can’t remember their names but he was in the army.

Comment by Julie – January 27, 2014 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. Just no.

Comment by JJ – January 27, 2014 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Afghanimals were disgusting pieces of s#%t. Not looking forward to seeing them again.

Comment by alistaircrane – January 27, 2014 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I hated everything about them, I look they are the 1st ones kicked off.

Comment by monctonmac – January 27, 2014 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Afghanimals were the only team I liked. They were having fun and weren’t acting high and mighty like a few other teams.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – January 27, 2014 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wasn’t crazy about them at first but then I began to root for them because I did feel like the other teams treated them unfairly. Like when everyone went on and on about their lying but then would tell them to lie to another team.

Comment by Amanda – January 27, 2014 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please take your racist ass back to wherever it came from…

Comment by Eli – January 27, 2014 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Racist. Ha, ha. I get it … “Amazing Race” … “Racist!” … Good one.

Comment by BobSmith007 – January 27, 2014 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So not liking a couple of @$$holes somehow makes me racist? GMAFB! FOAD!

Comment by alistaircrane – January 27, 2014 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Calling them “disgusting pieces of” whatever really connotes the idea that you are frothing with hatred, which a lot of people are going to assume must be born from racism. But hey, I don’t know – maybe you just like to really really go overboard with your dislike of people you have a very narrow and highly edited view of.

Comment by canadian ninja – January 27, 2014 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No… not the twinnies.. the most annoying contestants ever… my ears still havent recovered from their last appearance.

Comment by l – January 27, 2014 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugggh “Brenchel”?!? They are the worst. Not looking forward to Rachel’s ridiculous theatrics.

Comment by Danielle – January 27, 2014 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will not watch the show again until Rachel is voted off!

Comment by Teliot – March 2, 2014 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the exception of the Twinnies & Brenchel this seems like a good cast. I could do without the grating voices of these three ladies.

Comment by Kira – January 27, 2014 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the cowboys and globetrotters really don’t deserve a third season when there are so many other teams they could have picked for this latest all-star edition

Comment by Amanda – January 27, 2014 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY do they keep forcing the obnoxious Brenchel on us??? There are some people who watch this show who actually have an IQ of more than 12. Ugggggh.

Comment by sara – January 27, 2014 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly Sara…why CBS keeps shoving her down our throats is beyond me. And don’t even get me started on her even more annoying sister Elissa.

Comment by JB – January 27, 2014 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAHAHAHAHA, love this. I won’t watch anything that has Rachel in attendance. The last BB was enough when all they did was talk about her non-stop. Enough Already :-(

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 27, 2014 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rachel is best in small doses, LOL…not entire seasons. Elissa, on the other hand, is completely intolerable in any dose.

Comment by JB – January 27, 2014 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hate to say it but the only thing “real” about Elissa is her personality and that is/was beyond annoying. I really hope we can have a BB season without any Reilly’s anywhere.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 27, 2014 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe something about Big Brother being on CBS, at least I think it is as I won’t waste any time watching it

Comment by Boiler – January 27, 2014 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ….They have a ton of haters, but it’s clear that they have an enormous fanbase. Why? I have no idea. They are annoying and combined have an IQ of a peanut. But again, they do have a crazy huge fanbase.

Comment by Eric – January 27, 2014 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really?!? Brenchel…again. Ugh! And I could do without the Afganimals and Twinies as well. I’m glad I watch on the DVR so I can fast forward through Rachel’s whining.

Comment by Cindy Schultz – January 27, 2014 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, is this becoming like the “Boston Rob” situation on Survivor where they keep bringing certain competitors back again and again until they finally win? Three teams appearing for the third time? That’s ridiculous!

Comment by Claire – January 27, 2014 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they could have included Jet & Dave from the Amazing Race Canada series. They were the most entertaining contestants I’ve seen on any Amazing Race. Funny, fun-loving, athletic and smart.

Comment by RockGolf (@rock_golf) – January 27, 2014 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t stand most of these teams the first time around so I why would I want to watch them again? The Cowboys and Globetrotters are the only ones I like!

Comment by Jenny – January 27, 2014 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While we get the Globetrotters, the Cowboys, and Bopper and Mark, we also get Luke and his “Mooooom!” Margie and Brendan and Rachel (ugh).

Comment by Steve F. – January 27, 2014 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joey and Meghan are the WORST! I’d even put up with Mirna and Sharna again to get rid of those two.

Comment by CUBuckeye – January 27, 2014 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would rather see 11 previous ‘winning’ teams given the chance to win again! Some people prefer to make their living off of reality TV…..Brenchel…..Boston Rob….are two to name a couple…..anymore that you can name? How about all three teams who are doing it for the third time? Don’t they have a life??

Comment by Linda – January 27, 2014 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. I am so tired of all these shows (TAR, Survivor, Big Brother, etc) bringing back these retreads season after season. They and/or their relatives morph from one show to another so I’ve stopped watching unless or until they populate them with some new people.

Comment by The Beach – January 27, 2014 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought I was the only person who hates watching retreads and people who have elevated “attention whore” to a career. I have been losing interest ever since they started bringing back former contestants. I’m done. See ya in the fall, Amazing Race.

Comment by Mark – January 27, 2014 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like that they are inviting teams back for the third time. At least there is no Boston Rob and Amber.

Comment by Quinn Mallory – January 27, 2014 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Survivor does that too and it is irritating. I can see bringing “favorites” (I use that name loosely) back a second time but that’s enough. No more 3peats or 4peats.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 27, 2014 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh ugh ugh YouTube
    Ugh ugh ugh Rachel
    Ugh ugh ugh Afghans
    Ugh ugh ugh Luke and Margie
    Ugh ugh ugh Twinnies

Doesn’t leave many to root for :-(

Comment by Forwardad – January 27, 2014 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Probably not good TV, but I’ve always wanted to see an Amazing Race or Survivor season of all people who were sent home first. I bet many of them did not deserve it.

Comment by Megan – January 27, 2014 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Afghanimals, Luke and his mom, the Youtubers AND the Twinies!!!! Michael Scott said it best “Oh no. God No, Nnooooooooooooooooo!

On the Bright side Lets go Jet and Cord!!!

Comment by Bry – January 27, 2014 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Cowboys!! They are my favorite team! Oh my Gravy! ;)

Comment by froggarita – January 27, 2014 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want the Afghanimals out first! They really, really annoyed me last season and I don’t wanna see them compete for a long time.
    Very disappointing that some teams are racing for the third time. Come on. There are so many other interesting racers, aside from the cowboys, the globetrotters, and Margie and son.
    My fingers are crossed for Connor & Dave.

Comment by Faulkner – January 27, 2014 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh Twinnies & Brenchel need to just go and never come back.

Comment by gabby – January 27, 2014 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if EVER there was a team from Amazing Race past that deserves a second chance AND did well the first time around, then it’s Dave and Connor. I’m pulling for them more than anyone. They had some great finishes in Season 22 despite that horrible injury Dave suffered.

Comment by KenBud – January 27, 2014 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you on that one, was so sad to see them go out with a bad injury, the dad did an amazing job to continue on for a few extra legs which they one, hope they do well this time. Love that the cowboys are in it again too, they where fun :)
      Not so happy about the Twinnies and Afgananamails, two of the most annoying teams ever on the show, think the only worst person was that guy who verbally abused his wife to much that even Phil had a shot at him (can’t remember the guys name, think the wife was Victoria or something like that).

Comment by Nichole – January 27, 2014 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so happy Dave & Connor came back!! It broke my heart to see them have to leave so early last time.

Comment by Margaret – January 27, 2014 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be the first season of TAR that I skip since I first started watching.

Who thought it was a good idea to bring back the idiots who were eliminated with an Express Pass in their pockets?

Teams Dingbat, YouTube, Big Brother, Twinnie, Afghanimals, and Luke & Margie = No All-Star TAR for this viewer.

Comment by Jon – January 27, 2014 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not happy with this….Luke is a douche..just because he’s deaf and gay doesn’t excuse that he pushed Kisha then tried to blame her. Brendon & Rachel? Afghans, Twins & Youtube? No thanks…Enough already! I won’t mind seeing Kentucky, the cowboys, the Globetrotters

Comment by Maybelline Green – January 27, 2014 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may just be the first season of TAR that I choose not to watch. I have no problem with All-Star season…I particularly like them if they have a good chunk of fun, nice, deserving people. This season pretty much has none of that. I found the Afghanimals to be the most annoying, obnoxious team on their season–and that’s saying something since their season had MANY obnoxious teams. I just can’t anymore with “Brenchel.” Rachel is whiny and annoying, and Brendon becomes annoying through his association with her (it’s like she brings out the annoying in Brendon). The voices on the “Twinnies” is so grating I can’t take it. I may be in the minority, but I really wasn’t a fan of the cowboys. There was just something about them that bugged me. I kinda liked the Globetrotters the first time around and didn’t mind them the second time. But a third time? Really? I don’t need to see them a third time. I dislike Margie and Luke so much, it’s not even funny. Their personalities suck. The YouTubers are horribly obnoxious, especially Joey. I thought the country singers seemed kind of stuck up, so don’t need to watch their attitudes anymore. And honestly, I don’t even remember John and Jessica (I probably would if I saw them, but by name I have no idea who they are). Out of all of the 11 teams, I have no problem with watching Kentucky or David and Connor again. Though, on occasion, I did get a little tired of team Kentucky, but in general they’re nice people. Me only liking two teams out of 11 really makes it hard to watch, but we’ll see what happens. Regardless of whether I watch or not, I’m totally rooting for David and Connor.

Comment by Ron – January 27, 2014 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also couldn’t stand the cowboys, and I don’t agree with letting people race a third time around. I feel like TAR should of waited a few more seasons before doing another all stars. I think I’ll root for the Afghanimals because I didn’t like the way they were treat last season, but most the teams this season really annoy me.

Comment by David – January 27, 2014 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your comment about Joey made me cry! I think I love the two of them to much! And it seems that they are one of the most hated teams on this! I honestly can say that neither of them really need this. Joey has come VERY far and he would be making around $10000 a day from YouTube videos. And Meghan would be making $5000 a day herself! They probably have more money than most people on here have and they don’t really need it. But on this AND YouTube they are so cute! Team YouTube all the way!

Comment by Jacquie – February 28, 2014 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My money is on Jett and Cord or the Afghanimals!

Comment by Jon – January 27, 2014 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My biggest surprise is no season 19 teams, that was a season with a fantastic final 5. While I can understand why some people are complaining about other teams, at least most of them genuinely qualify as all stars. Jessica and John? How??? They were stupid and annoying, and that was before he refused to use his Express Pass and got eliminated with it in his pocket.

Comment by ben – January 27, 2014 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cowboys: Yay!
    Twinnies: Ugh.
    Globetrotters: Yay!
    YouTubers: Ugh.
    Team Kentucky: Eh. Didn’t like ‘em at first, but they grew on me.
    Country singers: Eye candy, and didn’t annoy me.
    Afghanimals: Didn’t see that season
    Margie/Luke: Meh leaning towards ugh.
    O’Learys: Meh leaning towards yay.
    Big Bros: Aren’t their 15 minutes up yet?
    John & Jessica: I’m pretty sure he’s the guy I kept wanting to hit to knock that smug look off his face and maybe knock some sense into him…

Two I really like, two I really dislike, a few non-committals, one I want to hit, and non-annoying eye-candy. I guess it’s a wash…

Comment by Kevin McB – January 27, 2014 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dislike 7 of the 11 teams racing: Flight Time & Big Easy (after the second season they were in where they became jerks), Team YouTube (horrible, the worst team ever), John and Jessica, Brendan and Rachel, the Afghanimals (though they weren’t so bad by the end of the season), the Twinnees and worst of all Margie and Luke! Ugh. This is going to be a rough season…

Comment by Adam – January 27, 2014 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JOEY AND MEGHAN ARE THE BEST TEAM!

Comment by Jacquie – February 28, 2014 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched joeys YouTube videos for years and he is the sweetest, funniest, and most adorible little creature ever. I can’t stand all the hate towards him and Meghan on here. Looking forward to seeing them go all the way! Go joeyonya!

Comment by Sarah – January 27, 2014 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I don’t really get the hate towards them – it was their alliance mates John and Jessica that were the pains, after the alliance broke Meghan and Joey were fine (particualrly Meghan, nothing wrong with her at all. I can at least understand why people might find Joey annoying, but he is nice enough).

Comment by Ben – January 27, 2014 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you completely! TEAM YOUTUBE IS AMAZE!

Comment by Jacquie – February 28, 2014 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Yay! Brenchel is back! I KNOW Rachel can be quite polarizing but I can’t help but love how candid, sassy, feisty and emotional she is, I absolutely adore her and I wish she was actually doing this with her sister Elissa but I’ll take whatever Reilly I can get!

Comment by ♓Ben♓ (@BionicLexiel) – January 27, 2014 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • actually a great line up – will be a huge improvement over last season’s downer of a cast.

Comment by liz – January 27, 2014 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, just because you all asked so nicely, here is the full elimination order from last to first:

11. Natalie & Nadiya

10. Mark & Mallory

9. Joey & Meghan

8. Margie & Luke

7. John & Jessica

6. Flight Time & Big Easy

5. Jet & Cord

4. Leo & Jamal

3. Brendon & Rachel

2. Caroline & Jennifer

which can only mean that…

1. Dave & Connor

Any questions?

(BTW, credit goes to realityfanforum.com for this list. It is 100% accurate).

Comment by Anon – January 27, 2014 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even remember John and Jessica. Caroline and Jennifer also don’t ring a bell. All of the others, I recall. I dislike Leo/Jamal and Luke, but I’m at least okay with everyone else. And hey, anyone who doesn’t like the teams is free to NOT watch. No one is “shoving” contestants down viewers’ throats or forcing anyone to watch the show. If you aren’t interested, I should hope you know how to change the channel instead of whining. Find something you want to watch, read a book, knit, take a walk, do whatever else will make you happy instead of yelping and complaining. Negativity doesn’t get you anywhere.

Comment by Alex – January 27, 2014 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE the Globetrotters, and Dave and Connor (who really do deserve a second chance). The Cowboys grew on me the last season they were on, but still an ehh. I hate everyone else. Why are my beloved Chippendales boys not back and yet the insufferable “twinnies” are??

Comment by Babybop – January 28, 2014 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate pretty much everyone on this list. Only three teams I like. Don’t even know if I’ll watch.

Comment by Gabby – January 28, 2014 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the TWINNIIIIEEEES!! haha i definitely see how they could be annoying tho. BUT youtube, BigBrother and the idiots that didnt use their express pass should have never been on the first season now theyre back?! There is absolutely no reason I need to see the Globetrotters race again, they tried, they failed, let it go, try another game show!! So Happy to see Dave and Connor return!! Defs my favourites on the list!! And Bopper and Mark get no love but theres definitely something loveable and homey about them!! Super keen for the season!

Comment by Seriesjunkie – February 8, 2014 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post