Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall's (Possible) New Shows and Who's Starring In Them

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

PilotGlossaryPilot season is here, meaning the networks are taking stock of their needs for 2014-15 and getting the ball rolling toward filling any gaps. With development season about to get really interesting — meaning it’s time to start booking actors for these wannabe series! — we thought it might help to round up the current crop, and well as define some of the lingo that gets tossed around.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

For easy access: Review the list of pilots for ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox and NBC, and we urge you to bookmark this constantly-updated page for the latest pickup/casting intel.

PILOT | You really want get basic, eh? When a network orders (or “picks up”) a pilot, they’re asking its writers/producers/studio to cast and produce a close facsimile of what their series’ first episode will look like. Each pilot is reviewed by network brass, then typically put into testing before a decision is made on whether it’ll land on the schedule (for fall or midseason).

PLANTED SPIN-OFF | Also called a “backdoor” pilot, this is an episode of an existing series that sets up a prospective offshoot. For example, The Vampire Diaries aired an episode last April focused around Klaus, Elijah and Hayley in New Orleans, and that was a planted pilot for the spin-off The Originals. Free History Lesson: That Brady Bunch episode with new neighbor Ken Berry adopting three orphans? That was a(n ill-fated) planted pilot for a spin-off to be called Kelly’s Kids.

DRAMA/COMEDY PRESENTATION | Occasionally, due to time or budget restraints, a network won’t order a full pilot but a “presentation” of a not-quite-complete drama or a taste of what a sitcom would look like.

CAST-CONTINGENT/CAST CONTINGENCY | Sometimes a network will order a pilot with the caveat that production can’t start until a suitable (usually “name”) actor has been cast in the starring role. (A possible translation: “The premise is iffy, but a big star could really help sell us.”) So you’ll sometimes hear that with the casting of so-and-so, “the cast contingency has been lifted” on a pilot. (The sorta flip-side is an “if-come deal,” meaning the major players are pre-signed and rarin’ to go the instant the network OKs the pilot itself.)

SECOND POSITION | These are perhaps the two words that makes fans of “bubble” shows most nervous each spring, as stars from underperforming series start booking pilots (provided they get the OK from their current bosses). The term literally means that the pilot role is in second position (or priority) should their current show be renewed. Example: In spring 2011, Damon Wayans Jr. booked a lead on Fox’s New Girl, but when ABC renewed Happy Endings, New Girl had to replace his character. An actor booking a second position gig doesn’t always mean his/her current show is doomed… though it often tends to. Variation: A “safe second” means the pilot’s bosses have been discreetly all-but-assured that the actor will be available.

UPFRONTS | This is the week in mid-May when the networks take turns unveiling their schedules for next season — including the pilots that have been ordered to series. With rare exception, if your show doesn’t make the cut here, it’s (gulp) officially a goner.

And now, our running update of pilots ordered for the 2014-15 TV season, going network by network….

CLICK HERE FOR ABC PILOTS (PAGE 2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comments (116)

• It’s no biggie, but you should know the huge CLICK HERE links don’t work ;)

Comment by bluefairy – January 27, 2014 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fixed. –Mgmt.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 27, 2014 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the life of me, I can not figure out why “Two Broke Girls” is still on. CBS disappointing me. Along with the new casting on NCIS! I hope there’s some good ones coming up. There was a time I knew what I’d watch each day of the week. Now, excpet for the ones we all love, I’m searching.

Comment by Pickle8182 – January 27, 2014 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because “Two Broke Girls” is hilarious. Admittedly stupid humor most of the time, but still hilarious. LIghten up a little.

Comment by Kate – January 27, 2014 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I second that comment!

Comment by Jake – January 27, 2014 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The main reason this show is growing stale is the constant explaining of the joke .” I’m talking about my penis.” Yeah we get it.

Comment by Willamuhse – January 28, 2014 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think NCIS made the biggest mistake ever for letting Ziva go. She and Tony finally can to where it took seasons to get to. No different than NCIS LA with LL COOL J AND THE BEAUTIFUL LADY that protrays his wife! GIVE HER ANYTHING AND BRING HER BACK!

Comment by deb jones – January 28, 2014 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t like the show either, but obviously it’s still on because it’s fairly popular and not everyone shares your tastes in programming.

Comment by Alex – January 27, 2014 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC: There are a couple here that I anticipate and both are un-named. David O. Russell’s ‘upstairs/downstairs’ effort AND brilliant dialogue writer; Richard LaGravenese’s, set in NYC drama. The rest, I will tune in regardless, as they come to air

Comment by Linda – January 27, 2014 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emerald City is ordered to series and is on NBC not on ABC… also why there is not supernatural spin off’s backdoor pilot?

Comment by Soso – January 27, 2014 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because a backdoor pilot is just another episode of an existing series that also functions as a pilot. An actual pilot is a separate project not part of a series production schedule. And this list is only talking about actual pilots

Comment by Edward – January 27, 2014 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wrong! The CBS section includes a summary of the NCIS backdoor pilot “NCIS: New Orleans.” This contradicts your smug explanation. :D

Comment by Alex – January 27, 2014 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe it was updated recently but I did see a Supernatural spin-off mentioned. They called it a “planned pilot” instead of a “backdoor pilot” however. Or was it “planted” but anyway.

Comment by wingsstef – January 29, 2014 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FOX: There are some seriously sounding good shows here and I’m actually excited, because many are ‘out of the box’ original ideas – just sick and tired of all of the cops/detectives series (drama and comedy). Thank you FOX!

Comment by Linda – January 27, 2014 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree! I’m most excited about the 2 tina fey shows (tooken and cabot college) but theres a number of fox shows that sound interesting! Particularly Sober Companion and Mulaney

Comment by jenna – January 27, 2014 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the Lauren Graham one the CW are thinking of developing?

Comment by Kate – January 27, 2014 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC: Some potentials here.. Coercion, Ellen-More Or Less, Lifesaver, Mr. Robinson, The Pro, Old Soul and Tooken (did you see her hosting for Ellen last week when Ellen was ill?).She’s adorable, so I’m wishing her luck.

Comment by Linda – January 27, 2014 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say that i am disappointed. Is there nothing better to write about than law/crime/politics? And even the ones that do not fall under those categories do not sound that interesting.

Comment by Kris – January 27, 2014 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To the best of my knowledge, Backstrom has a series order, not a pilot

Comment by Ellie – January 27, 2014 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe ABC could cast Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as the lead in Forever. That way it’ll be exactly like New Amsterdam except that NCW will be a coroner instead of a Detective.

Comment by Jim – January 27, 2014 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s almost exactly what I was thinking. And we all know how well “New Amsterdam” worked out. To be fair, I did like it.

Comment by Dreamrose – January 27, 2014 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved New Amsterdam. It was one of many quickly cancelled series I immediately fell for.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 27, 2014 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really liked it too. Wish it hadn’t gotten cancelled although I think he makes a perfect Jaime Lannister.

Comment by kelly – January 27, 2014 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved New Amsterdam too! That was the first thing I thought of when I saw Forever on the list. Sadly, there is only one Kingslayer!

Comment by Michelle – January 27, 2014 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would Nikolaj Coster Waldau leave one of the biggest and most talked about shows on tv for something on network tv>

Comment by bk – January 27, 2014 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I doesn’t look like there’s much worth watching right now. Maybe when more casting news comes out but the only ones I might want to see are the Brittany Snow and the Flash

Comment by Riana – January 27, 2014 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Usually I am really excited to hear of the networks`development slates but this year I`m too worried about the futures of Revolution, Nashville, Reign and Parenthood to let myself get excited. So far, I`ve been mostly disappointed with the network pilot pick-ups. There are plenty of projects in the development pipeline that caught my interest so hopefully some of them still make it through.
    CW, in particular, as per usual, has the most interesting projects in the pipeline including The Painted Girls, Unfamous, Badlands, Boots, Players, The Noise, Ctross and Red, and untitled projects by Corinne Brinkerhoff, Garcia & Harto, and Rebecca Sinclair. I have zero interest in The Flash or the Supernatural spin-off.
    NBC – NBC has plenty of good development projects as well. If done right, as a more adult, darker drama, Emerald City has the potential to be awesome. Other projects of interest for me are The Gilded Age, Lighthouse, Loteria, Paradise, Park Road, Plymouth and Timeless.
    FOX – Hieroglyph and Empire sound interesting, as do several other projects in their development slate including Atlantis, World War III, Man on Fire, Billy the Kid, Blood Brothers, Broken Girl and Far From the Tree.
    ABC`s The Astronaut`s Wives Club and An American Education interest me. I hope ABC takes a chance on either the Catherine the Great, Esmerelda or Excalibur projects.
    CBS – As usual, it has the least interesting development slate. Some projects like The Cisco Kid, Doc Ford, Generation Next, The Never List, Oasis, Salvation and The Three Behrs, have my keen interest though undoubtedly will be passed by as CBS very rarely lets anything I like through.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 27, 2014 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “CBS very rarely lets anything I like through”

They’re the #1 network, so we should be grateful they don’t listen to you.

Comment by JimC – January 27, 2014 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CBS is #1 only because of the preponderance of baby boomers. When that generation dies out, CBS’ numbers will rapidly fall and they will be scrambling to pander to a new set of viewers.

Comment by Ray – January 27, 2014 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • WOW Ray, I did not realize that we boomers had such power over CBS. Yes, I am one of those boomers who watches CBS also, NBC, ABC, FOX ( only Bones, Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human) plus other cable channels. So for one of the preponderance of Baby Boomers, I hope to live a very long life, just to drive you crazy! PS—I hope that we boomers will also be able to control all of the networks, since we seem to have the power according to you!

Comment by Pat – January 27, 2014 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know a lot of people in my age group (late 20s) who watch CBS-there’s a couple things on that network that I watch as well. The idea that it’s simply an “old person’s network” is not true, at least, not where I live.

Comment by Angela – January 27, 2014 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • When contemplating Immortals, there can be only one, played by Adrian Paul. As for immortals who were cops (vampires-wanting-to-be-human), there was Forever Knight and Moonlight, both of whom were cops/detectives. I really liked all three shows! I have never heard of New Amsterdam that others have mentioned…
            None of the other shows described really did much for me, but once they are on the air and I see who is in them, maybe I’ll give them a try for at least an episode or two.
            And, for the record, I am a boomer who watches 10 shows on CBS but only 2 or 3 on NBC and I think they are all on the bubble. Fox, the CW, ABC, each show me a couple that I like…but CBS does seem to know how to please me. I gave up trusting NBC when they cancelled so many of the shows I liked; then they bought Syfy and cancelled Warehouse 13 and Alphas. There are only two shows left on Syfy that I like. I have given up trusting anything that NBC does…
            Luckily, there are networks like Cloo, TNT, TNT-W, Bravo, and USA that keep me entertained the rest of the time.
            And, I have suddenly started watching the Food Channel: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is fun, along with a few cooking competitions. I did not find the Food Network until after the others started throwing me away by cancelling the shows I preferred. I am not a cook, but it fascinates me to see what others can do.
            What the Big Four seem to forget is that we are no longer a “captive” audience. When they cancel shows we like and start airing glup that they try to pass off as entertainment, we can go elsewhere! Any cable company we choose has a minimum package of 130 channels and it goes up from there. So, when we start losing the shows we love, there is absolutely nothing to ever make us watch that network ever again.

Comment by Mary S – January 28, 2014 02:51 AM PDT
          • CBS is #1 due to the fact is has some of the best shows still airing on television (mainly NCIS and The Big Bang Theory at the summit). I seem the pilots for NBC and no wonder they cancelled The Michael J. Fox Show so they could cancel some more minus the hopeful in Emerald City. ABC is making a slow comeback (It should had done Wizard of Oz) and CW is Growing plus, FOX seems to be on its game with viewers and especially young audiences, I hope. Well, CBS does seem like it’s gear towards an older audience, with Big Bang Theory being the exception, only because younger adults/ teens do not watch NCIS or as far as the numbers show I believe but I am 29 yrs. old and I watch NCIS since the middle of ten seasons and I love it. Young adults/ teens either have to much ADHD or they just don’t appreciate or give a frack about “real, good, wholesome television” and that is a sad, sad truth.

Comment by Wayne Adney Capehart – February 8, 2014 10:42 PM PDT
      • I wasn’t stating anything bad about CBS, just that it’s never been a network that usually has shows that float my boat. Currently only three shows–Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother and Hawaii Five-0–are on my watch-list though none of those are in my top 20. They tend to stay on my pvr a long time before I get around to watching them. I tend to like genre shows and prime time soaps which are rarely shows they air.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 27, 2014 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Of the four shows you mentioned up-thread regarding ‘bubble’ status this May at Upfront, I think two – Nashville/ABC and Parenthood/NBC are in good shape – they’ll be back this fall’14. I look at the ABC drama pilot list – I think ABC will be very careful about canceling existing dramas after the struggles they had this past fall’13 with their new pilots.

NBC has a pretty good list of dramas pilots, but nothing like Parenthood. The show will be back, but not on Thursday nights again, which is probably a good thing. Regarding Revolution, I think it’s over. It just didn’t work out at the earlier hour of the evening this season, and NBC has so many more similar dramas in the pipeline. Too bad – I just love Elizabeth Mitchell. I’m sure we’ll see her again in winter/spring’15 pilot season.

The CW’s Reign is a hard call – I have gotten this show wrong from day one – I didn’t understand the show’s concept at this time last year when the pilot was first placed on the pilot list, and I still don’t fully understand it. I missed this one completely; hence, who knows? Maybe CW brings it back next fall for a ‘short-order’ of 13 episodes? Will depend greatly upon how the final CW pilot list looks. If there are many ‘great’ pilots on the list, bubble shows get short-orders at best. If the list is weak, Reign could be in a good position, but probably (certainly?) moved to another night so that the post-TVD slot at 9pm Thursday can be filled with a new show.

Comment by N tTVf – January 30, 2014 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox, NBC, and CW have some interesting sounding ideas. I’m just so sick of the boring procedural hope some good out of the box shows make it.

Comment by kelly – January 27, 2014 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, this is always interesting! Thanks for the handy feature! Seems that some networks don’t have a lot of pilots yet (e.g. CW and CBS), but we’ll see what it looks like within a month or so.

Comment by Daniel – January 27, 2014 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping to see the McCarthy’s this year, but I’m glad its back up for consideration this coming year.
    ABC sounds dull/more of the same of what they already have….
    NBC has a lot in the running. Guess they’ll have to fill a lot of spaces next year?

Comment by Isaac – January 27, 2014 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully some good genre shows make it through including historical dramas, dystopic fiction dramas and supernatural dramas. I also like my primetime soaps. Please no more procedurals, including cop and lawyer shows. And a note about the supernatural shows–I think the market is saturated enough with werewolves and vampires so stay away from those. I hope one of NBC`s time traveler dramas makes it through to next season`s schedule. Mixed feelings though as genre shows rarely if ever get good ratings and generally get cancelled quickly.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 27, 2014 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sea of fire!

Comment by Tim – January 27, 2014 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Gotham was on the CW, it would be worth a look but on Fox? Meh, they’ll just screw it up.

Comment by JimC – January 27, 2014 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC, NBC, and Fox have some interesting looking dramas. I hope they all make it (all the ones that aren’t procedurals) and actually make network television interesting again.

Comment by n8ball78 – January 27, 2014 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve only read the ABC page so far but I’m exhausted of the reading same stuff again and again. Cops shows, law and politics shows, medical shows, alien shows (and I’m a huge sci-fi fan!), rival families shows and now it seems to expand to fairytales since OUAT’s success opened the door. On ABC’s list alone I thought “The Blacklist. OUAT. Haven. Every other sitcom out there. PLL. The Tomorrow People/Alphas/Heroes and every other show where humans develop abilities”.

There are a couple that caught my eye but nothing has me super excited. I’m gonna read the other pages just in case I need to keep an eye on something that seems interesting but I’m not holding my breath.

Besides I am tired of Kleenex shows so I tend to wait for at least a potential second season so I spare myself of investing in a show that I will end up liking when it’s doomed. Happened too many times during the past years, from almost all networks. I still hope that I’ll be surprised and that my cynicism will take a blow though.

Comment by Olivia – January 27, 2014 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So let me get this straight….You don’t want shows about Cops, Lawyers, Doctors, Aliens, Families, Politics, Fairy Tales, or Supernatural abilities. I say this with all sincerity…what the h*ll is left?

Comment by Jax – January 27, 2014 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL. I thought the same thing. What’s left? (Though I, too, am rolling my eyes at all of the cop/doctor/lawyer shows. Aren’t there other jobs/workplaces out there?)

Team TVLine—any chance we can get the listing of cable projects in the works (so we can compare)? Or will that be a separate story?

Comment by gdv – January 27, 2014 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cable shows

Comment by bk – January 27, 2014 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol no, I didn’t say that I didn’t want a possible good show in these categories. Just that it’s the same old stuff and new stuff being cloned (which doesn’t excite me, but it’s JMO). Supernatural stuff is good, I like it, but there are other things besides the “next step in human evolution” ;)
        Cop shows can be interesting as long as it’s something a bit different, the L&O/NCIS/CSI type is overdone. Same for lawyers, I’d rather watch something like Ally McBeal than a serious drama. And I have nothing against families, I just don’t think that the rivalry type is appealing. Again, that is my opinion. And how many times can you rehash the fairytales genre before it gets unbearable? There is nothing new here, and I’d be fine with the usual genre as long as there’s some kind of twist. Chuck managed to make the CIA/NSA stuff fun and compelling. Ally McBeal was basically lawyers on crack. OUAT brought something fresh with a very simple starting point. Same for The Blacklist this season. Fringe was out of the box thinking and not a rehash of every sci-fi show at the time. Dexter, Castle, Life… all “cop shows” with added value.
        Anyway I don’t know if I’m making sense but what I want is to see something new or at least a different spin on something.
        Like I said, I hope to be surprised despite not being excited atm. Sometimes there’s a giant gap between a three lines synopsis and an actual show. I’m underwhelmed and a bit wary, not closed to discovering new shows at all. Otherwise I would be watching pretty much nothing these days lol.

Comment by Olivia – January 27, 2014 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Psst – don’t let the other guys here know, but I’m with you on this one.

You look at the cable series – they continue to push boundaries, trying new things once in a while. I know the broadcast networks have their hands tied (due to broadcast/air wave content standards), but shows like ‘Blacklist’ prove that a drama that isn’t about doctors/lawyers/police can do well. So, there is hope. Supernatural shows [like NBC's Heroes] would benefit greatly (are you listening CW!!?) if all the cast didn’t look like super models and ‘central-casting’ plants. ;) [although, I am a big Peyton List fan, so I watch TTP, models and all]

Comment by N tTVf – January 30, 2014 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only 2 projects in development at the CW??

Comment by Ray – January 27, 2014 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The CW doesn’t have a lot of room on its schedule for new shows. Unless they cancel a whole lot, including two that haven’t even aired yet.

Comment by Scott – January 27, 2014 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’ll order at least several more pilots and choose a few from that lot to air next season. It’s only January; not everything that’s forthcoming is known of yet.

Comment by Alex – January 27, 2014 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought I read something on Deadline a few days ago that said The Middle Man is on hold because Affleck is too busy.

Comment by Aimee – January 27, 2014 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Forever” on ABC looks interesting but nothing else ABC is considering does. None of CBS’s prospective shows look good. The CW doesn’t have much to offer. “Cabot College” on FOX looks promising but I’ll pass on everything else. NBC’s “Ellen More or Less” and “A to Z” both look intriguing but that’s about it. All in all, I think we have a shocking lack of originaltiy pending for next season! We lost “SMASH”, “Body of Proof” and “Studio Sixty on the Sunset Strip” for this? Sad. Very, very sad!

Comment by Caroline – January 27, 2014 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still hoping NBC the Inn, Fox Everest, and CW The Messengers and Colony get pilot orders.

Comment by calob – January 27, 2014 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the cw and cbs don’t have many shows so i’m guessing there planning on keeping most of what they have got
    nbc looks like it might be having a major make over and some of the shows sound okay as do fox’s

Comment by sarah – January 27, 2014 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CW has more in the pipeline. In the next month look for more projects to be announced.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 27, 2014 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree they usually do eight pilots and chose five

Comment by Isobel – January 27, 2014 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will there be more shows announced for ABC? I saw this in the fall – Mark Gordon and Jason Isaacs are teaming for a private eye drama at ABC. The drama project is being developed for Isaacs, a Golden Globe nominee, with Stephen Chin on board to write it.

Comment by Anna – January 27, 2014 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t Mamie Gummer have a big role in Backstrom? she’s a decent name who isn’t listed in the cast

Comment by Kaycee – January 27, 2014 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These need serious updates, a lot of the pilots have added casting and some have even been taken off pilot schedule (Affleck’s the Middle Man). Kristen Connolly has been added to Tin Man amongst other castings.

Comment by Kaycee – January 27, 2014 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Nasim Pedram leaving SNL by the end os this season?

Comment by Douglas from Brazil – January 27, 2014 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought agatha was not green lighted?

Comment by Chablis – January 27, 2014 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This isn’t a list of those ordered to series, merely (except where denoted) the pilots in contention.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 27, 2014 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I think it’s a pretty safe bet that The Flash will not only be picked up, but will very likely be given at least a 12 episode order. If the CW has any brains it’ll schedule it right after Arrow next season

Comment by Stephen Lane – January 27, 2014 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think schedule The Flash the same way they did with The Originals this season. It’s guaranteed to be a success so they don’t know Arrow as a lead in every week. It will be successful starting off it’s own night.

Comment by Zach – January 27, 2014 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to “the night shift” – I was really looking forward to Brendan Fehr being a regular on Tv again…???

Comment by kate'shomesick – January 27, 2014 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s TBA (to be announced). I have a feeling it will debut on Thursdays in March. I wouldn’t be shocked if NBC cuts their comedy block from 2 hours to only one. However, I also doubt they’d put a medical drama against Grey’s so I wouldn’t be shocked if Parenthood moves to 9pm and The Night Shift goes on at 10pm. Of course I could be completely wrong…

Comment by Ally Oop – January 27, 2014 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad only one ABC show interests me as of now, since I try to steer away from that channel as much as I can. No trust left on them.

Comment by Alan Martins Rodrigues – January 27, 2014 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only way ABC will regain my trust is if Paul Lee finally gets canned. I’m surprised he lasted this long but it’s pretty obvious every decision he makes is wrong.

Comment by zacqua10 – January 27, 2014 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the flash the supernatural spinoff how I met your dad Ncis New Orleans all will get picked up

Comment by Chris – January 27, 2014 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, the only ones that interest me right now is NCIS New Orleans and Flash. That may change though with casting. There’s been more than one show I tried out just because an actor or actress I liked was in it. I have to ask though – where is Agent Carter on the ABC page? That’s one I’m definitely interested in.

Comment by JC – January 27, 2014 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Amy Poehler comedy, Old Souls, sounds promising as do the Ben Affleck and David O. Russell dramas. I’m liking the premise of Forever and look forward to seeing Katherine Heigl and Kate Walsh back on weekly TV. Many of premises sound less than exciting but perhaps that will change when casting is announced. I’ve become so accustomed to watching PBS, BBC America, and FX for quality programming, it really doesn’t matter what the “big” networks put on.

Comment by Linderella – January 27, 2014 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Man/Child with Damon Wayans going ahead? Or has that been shelved?

Comment by Maria – January 27, 2014 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAWN..None of these sound interesting..NCIS New Orleans..Really? Just make one called NCIS USA and be done with it. Not impressed at all by these.

Comment by Jake – January 27, 2014 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “How I Met Your Dad” Now THAT Is original. I wonder how it ends up…

Comment by Sam – January 27, 2014 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like How I Met Your Mother but have no interest in this unrelated spinoff.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 27, 2014 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …. I think the show ends up with the central character having fell victim to Barney’s Play Book play – ‘The Honey Bear’ (my personal favorite). Barney dresses up like Winnie the Pooh, and before you know it, he’s got his head stuck in her honey pot.

All kidding aside, I think HIMYD has a good chance of getting the ‘go’ for either fall’14 or winter’15. The pilot list of CBS comedies does not look all that deep. CBS is going to need (I would think) at least 2-3 [4?] pilot comedies for next season – one for 8:30 Monday [or potentially 8:00 if 2Broke cannot hold down the lead-off spot on Mondays), and another for somewhere on the Thursday night lineup – 9:30pm… 2.5 Men will be moved somewhere else on the schedule.

Then CBS will need at least one pilot for winter, if not two – the final perhaps for March/April time frame to finish off the season. The wildcard is ‘Friends with Better Lives’. If it is ‘hit’ material in April, then CBS can get by with 2-3 comedy pilots for fall’14. If it fails, they’ll need 3-4, and HIMYD should be one of those 3-4.

Comment by Television Scout – January 30, 2014 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Time for a live-action show with a talking animal sidekick again.

Comment by AnnieM – January 27, 2014 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to the show Paradise that NBC ordered last year? It sounded really interesting and I was hoping it would get ordered to series this year!

Comment by lostie48 – January 28, 2014 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That doesn’t really happen, the networks pretty much order new pilots every season.

Comment by Philipp – January 28, 2014 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You people and your crazy desire to spread hatred through anonymous commentary. Have some Cheerios, they are delicious.

Comment by The Carpooler – January 28, 2014 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmm, I wonder if the musical fairy tale ordered by ABC has any connection to Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis. That’d be really cool. If so, if he’s going to be available for it, I’d love to see Colin O’Donoghue in it. I’d still rather see him as Hook, though. I stopped watching Once Upon A Time before he came along. I would be so heartbroken if they killed off Hook. I couldn’t bear to watch it without him there. That said, it’d be a tragedy for that beautiful singing voice of his to go to waste. Wonder if he could do both shows. Hmmmm…… ;o)

Comment by Sarah Stroud – January 28, 2014 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In my mind, the Socialite pilot by LaGravenese is a cool, grown-up version of Gossip Girl centered on the relationship that was most interesting on GG anyway- that between Blair and Serena.

Comment by Izzie Duquette – January 28, 2014 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one still combing through any and all pilot announcements looking for the answer to the Blind Item? http://tvline.com/2013/10/17/blind-item-ausiello-series-kill-off-star/

Comment by vioricabritton – January 28, 2014 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He already told us 2 weeks ago.
      Its the guy who played Clay on the show Sons of Anarchy.

Comment by n8ball78 – February 6, 2014 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sea of Fire and Salvation sound like interesting shows but better suited for cable

Comment by Ram510 – January 28, 2014 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • out of all that two things I might watch The Flash and emerald city, rest is yuck

Comment by Debby Van Sant – January 28, 2014 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No word on the Meg Ryan vehicle on NBC?

Comment by Philipp – January 28, 2014 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope billy miller from y& r gets cast in a pilot this year

Comment by Chris – January 28, 2014 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where’s Bill Cosby’s show on this list?
    whatever happened with the Bad Teacher show?

Comment by Rosa – January 29, 2014 02:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post