Jaime Pressly's Jennifer Falls Greenlit at TV Land

Jaime Pressly TV Land Pilot Jennifer FallsTV Land has fallen for Jennifer Falls.

The Jaime Pressly-led comedy has been ordered to series, the cabler announced Monday.

Originally conceived as a multi-camera project, the series will be a single-camera comedy that follows Pressly’s Jennifer Doyle as she loses her six-figure-salary job and must return to living with her mother — with a teenage daughter in tow.

RELATED | Pilot News: Bunheads‘ Sutton Foster to Fudge the Numbers in TV Land Comedy Younger

Matthew Carlson (The Wonder Years, Malcolm in the Middle) created and will write the series. Carlson, Michael Hanel and Mindy Schultheis (Reba, The Exes) will executive-produce with TV Land’s Keith Cox and Larry W. Jones.

Jennifer Falls is slated to premiere this summer.

1. Jon says:

Gee, that premise sounds so original (sarcasm intended).

• Zach says:

Premises don’t make shows. Writing and performances do. Matthew Carlson wrote all of the best episodes of The Wonder Years. The cast is great: Jaime Pressly, Jessica Walter, Joel David Moore and Missi Pyle. Sure it’s a lame premise. So was Arrested Development.

2. Kaycee says:

Jaime Pressly is great at comedy, I really hope this goes well for her! and I’m happy to see Missi Pyle as a regular! I think TV Land has the best comedy lineup on television. This will be good.

• mel0329 says:

I would argue your “best comedy lineup” comment. The show “Kirstie” is pretty bad, especially the episode with John Travolta. That show lacks any sort of charm at all. At first I thought the adopted son could carry it off, but no, it’s just painful to watch. I can’t believe they cancelled Fran’s Happily Divorced for that pile o’ crap. However, I am anxious to see Jaime Kennedy and Missi Pyle, especially Missi – she’s that chameleon actress that pops up all over the place, and it’s about a minute or two before I realize it’s Missi. I fell in love with her in Galaxy Quest. Glad she’s getting a regular gig.

3. meatwad says:

well I love some Jaime Pressly so i’ll check it out

4. Tiff says:

Bye, Hart of Dixie. =(

5. TJ says:

Is there any originality left in Hollywood? Gays, lesbians, black guys/white women, divorced men and women moving back home.Redo Sanford and son or all in the family. At least they were original.