Grimm Recap: The Wedding Is On! (Or Is It?)

Grimm Recap Monroe Rosalee Engagement It’s enough to bring a tear to even a Gelumcaedus’ eye: On this week’s episode of Grimm, Monroe and Rosalee finally get engaged.

Here are the important details: Rosalee wears a hot little black dress, they dine at a posh restaurant, dinner conversation seems ridiculously erotic (and twisted) until you realize they’re talking about the first time they woge’d (heh), they come home and Rosalee is really uninterested in seeing Monroe’s newest cuckoo clock… until it chimes “Will you marry me?”

He gets down on one knee and echoes, “Will you?” She replies in the tearful affirmative, and he slips a very pretty ring on her very pretty hand. Nicely done, Grimm.

RELATED | Grimm Exclusive: Nick’s Mom Set to Return

But every fairy tale has its obstacles, and the path to the Scoobies’ nuptials ain’t gonna be a smooth one. Not long after the happy Wesen couple agree to be each other’s fuzzy buddies for eternity, Monroe’s folks Alice and Bart (played by E.T.‘s Dee Wallace and Friday Night Lights‘ Chris Mulkey, respectively) show up at the house — earlier than expected.

The mood between Monroe and Bart is stilted but not terrible — maybe that’s just because Rosalee set the bar real low with her family last week — and Alice’s warmth makes up for any residual awkwardness.  Plus, she’s excited to meet Rosalee, who in turn is horrified that she hasn’t had time to freshen up after cooking the meal.

“You’re beautiful. You’re wonderful. You’re gonna knock ‘em out,” Monroe assures his future missus.

RELATED | TVLine Items: Being Human Star’s Grimm Gig

Everyone gets along swimmingly… until Monroe’s folks realize that Rosalee is a Fuchsbau. “What the hell is going on?” Bart shouts, fully wolfed-out. Cue the all-out argument, in which Monroe must take on both his species-ist parents and his fiancee, who’s incredulous about how little he’s told them about her.

“I need some time with this,” Rosalee says, fuming, as she walks out the door. And it only gets worse when Nick shows up. “A Grimm!” Bart screams as we go to black.

In other news, the Wesen O’ the Week is a cop-killing, scalp-taking Wildesheir who wants to take down warriors … Viktor calls Adalind in for questioning, then muses that perhaps Eric Renard isn’t the father of the blonde’s baby…. The infant in question, by the way, looks like it’s trying to force itself out through Ade’s belly, face first; Stefania says that means it’ll arrive soon… Juliette mailed Nick’s mom… Alas, Wu’s first name remains a secret.

Now it’s your turn. What did you think of Grimm‘s momentous episode? Sound off in the comments!

1. DL says:

Fantastic episode! But damn you Grimm for leaving it on such a cliffhanger before a month long break. Can’t wait till the next.

2. azu says:

Terrible recap. The writer is giving the. Impression that the episode was uninteresting!!

• Jon says:

I know, right? She might as well have written “other than the romantic elements, I didn’t really care.” I thought that was a FANTASTIC episode, with a perfect balance of Monrosalee adorableness and Grimmy action. A perfect cliffhanger — can’t wait for more info on Nick’s mom, what happens with the Wildesheir sent to kill Nick (that scalp coat – UGH), Adalind’s creepy baby belly, and of course the confrontation between Nick and Monroe’s species-ist parents. Loved the way Daddy Blutbad called out “a Grimm?!” so incredulously at the end.

Also, the producers kill me with their cliffhanger placecards at the end: “Oh @#$%&*!!” Hilarious!

3. anice says:

It was great, the parents at the end was my favorite part and beyond interesting to see what will happen in a month!

4. Kay says:

“What did you think of Grimm‘s momentous episode?”
    Much more hilarious, suspenseful, dramatic and awesome than this review for sure! ;)

5. Eliza says:

Loved it. Monroe’s proposal was so sweet. I adore him & Rosalee. The ending was great. Nick walked in at the perfect time…. LOL.

6. James D says:

oh @!?# is right ( haha I love’d that it made me crack up) should be interesting first few minutes of the next episode. Damn you Winter Olympics Damn you good.

• Alexandra says:

I think that was a fantastic way to end the episode! It completely penned down my sisters reactions to the ending, and then we ended up busting out laughing when we saw it on screen!

7. JW says:

Monroe’s mother isn’t a blutbad, is she? She didn’t look all wolfed-out.

8. Pat says:

Of course they will get married. They are truly meant for each other and they are by far the cutest couple on this show. Cannot wait for the wedding and I hope that Monroe will ask Nick to be his best man. That should really send his father into a tailspin. Another show that we have to wait a month for, darn!

9. morgan says:

Great episode. Monroe and Rosalie are the best. I wish Nick could have the same dynamic with a love interest. I really hope Juliette gets written off. I know that sounds horrible but I think it would make the show better. Nick would have to deal/heal and it would solidify his commitment to being a Grimm. We could have a chance to see Nick trying to figure out dating and being a Grimm which sounds hilarious and entertaining. Juliette has just never worked for me, I can tell the writers are trying to make her better but I think her leaving/dying would take the show to new and interesting places.
    Bring back Hank’s girlfriend too. And I hope we get to see badass nick again soon, he’s been phoning it in since his zombie episode.

• Gemini says:

I agree about Julia. No chemistry with Nick. Find her boring. Why is she always home-–she’s supposed to be a vet yet it doesn’t seem as if she works anymore. I think they are trying to make her character stronger–where did she learn to fight! Just doesn’t work. I wouldn’t miss her if she was gone.

• JC says:

I disagree – I think the Nick and Juliette relationship is one of this show’s strengths. It’s refreshing to have a show where the male lead is already in a committed relationship, and having Juliette in the know is another great thing about this season. I hate shows where people are constantly hiding secrets from people they dare about. It’s so nice to watch a show where people are actually acting like mature adults in a relationship instead of the forced drama that so many shows use. And I personally would loathe watching Nick try to date and hide being a Grimm. Nothing about that scenario appeals to me at all.

• janet says:

That could just be a lack of imagination on your part. Nick accidentally getting set up with a wolf or witch- finding out over appetizers- sounds extremely funny. They could tie in the ongoing ‘revolution’ by him dating a member of the rebels. Or how badass would it be for him to date another Grimm, we’ve never seen another one besides his mom.
        I get what you’re saying about a committed relationship- i’m not saying he has to date a lot of women to make the show interesting just that I don’t see anything great about Nick with Juliette. I never have.

• JC says:

I have plenty of imagination – I just have absolutely zero interest in seeing Nick date. I like Juliette, and I like their relationship. It’s one of my favorite things about the show, especially since one of my other favorite things about the show, Monroe, has gotten so sidelined this season. So we’re not going to agree on this.

• JP says:

Watch old episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer if you want to see someone hiding their secret identity trying to date. Not particularly funny.

10. ashley says:

I like the show and this episode mostly because of the engagement and family scenes. But I really did not like seeing the soldier being murdered so violently. Especially after last week’s episode which detailed a female soldier getting raped and more soldiers being murdered. My husband deployed in Afghanistan right now and I just don’t appreciate it. Maybe I’m being an overly sensitive army wife, but there you go.

• Lisa London says:

It is (and should be) upsetting to see people being murdered, soldier or not. I hope there isn’t a day when we don’t care anymore. Hope your husband makes it home safely.

11. telltale says:

Great scene when the parents arrived! That’s all I got.

12. jm says:

Most boring episode to date. The only fun part was Mornoe´s parents.
    zzzz with Adalyn and all the austria side of the story….
    zzzz with the case…. i guess it will get better next week…

I am one of the only but i think that Juliette had improve a lot this season. I find her more interesting that Adalyn, Rennard and Nick. ;Maybe Nick is the protagonist, but he is the least interesting character of all of them…

• opus says:

Really? Nick uninteresting? I have to disagree. Though Munroe and Rosalee are my favorite characters, Nick has a very interesting storyline and is central to this show. I agree with you, however, about Adalind and the Austria storyline. It is tedious and distracting and I wish the writers would do away with it and have more on Nick and the great coupling of Monroe and Rosalee.

13. Jon says:

Great episode, bad review as stated by others. Loved the ending. And when are they going to finish up all the European business, uninteresting, boring and takes you away from the action in Portland.

14. wrstlgirl says:

Does anybody even care about the whole pregnancy thing? I hate it, it’s boring. Love everything else about the show, awesome cliffhanger :-)

• Mikael says:

I know! Can she just have the baby already?? And what’s up with the Royals? Is the whole Key thing still going on? I can’t remember.

15. AdamBourne says:

Does anyone else notice how the Grimm crew don’t really treat a season like a season? They interlap the seasons, and basically just carry storylines right through. The whole Royal family/Resistance conspiracy storyline has been basically been going since the first season!

16. Jill says:

Am I the only one that thinks Stephania is Reynard’s mother? I keep waiting for her to find out Adalyn’s baby is her grandchild. It was a great episode!

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Liked the ep. i was happy to see Monroe and Rosalee engaged and the ending was hella funny. But i can’t stand WAITING for the next ep! Why can’t another network show that stupid winter olympics? And yeah i agree Adalind and her wacky half royal baby that storyline needs to be done already……..Capt. Renard the father?……..haha is Nick & hank gonna find out?