Grey's Anatomy Exclusive: Greek Alum Joins Season 10 in Potentially Recurring Role

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Paul James Grey's AnatomyGreek grad Paul James is enrolling at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital this spring.

The actor — who played Rusty’s gay BFF Calvin on ABC Family’s late, great college-set dramedy — is joining Grey’s Anatomy in a potentially recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Scoop: Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey are Staying — Find Out For How Long

According to a Grey’s insider, his character comes to the hospital to assist with research.

Since graduating from Greek in 2011, James had a sizable role in Torchwood: Miracle Day and guest-starred on CSI: NY and Shameless.

Photo by Joe DeAngelis

Comments (22)

• He’s probably going to be assisting Derek’s work with the President/government.

Comment by marge – January 24, 2014 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The love interest for Stephanie, now that Jackson dump her the douchy way he did.

Comment by Monica4185 – January 24, 2014 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah I miss Calvin, Rusty, and the gang. Wish Greek would be brought back, great show.

Comment by Ben – January 24, 2014 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m still traumatized from them tearing down the house. That was devastating.

Comment by brycealexander – January 24, 2014 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They may have demolished the Kappa Tau house, but they’ll never demolish their spirit. Dang I miss GREEK!!

Comment by Will – January 24, 2014 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw I LOVED Calvin! Now if we could just find a decent vehicle for Amber Stevens. What a babe.

Comment by dude – January 24, 2014 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yup,he is the love interest for Stephanie.

Comment by CC – January 24, 2014 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Seattle Grace Hospital?!

Comment by Dan – January 24, 2014 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The name has been changed twice. When they merged with Mercy West, they became Seattle Grace Mercy West. After Lexie and Mark died in the plane crash, they renamed the hospital Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.

Comment by CC – January 24, 2014 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another love interest for Leah or Stephanie maybe? and stay away from Callie.

Comment by tahina – January 24, 2014 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing he will replace Cristina in cardio.

Comment by Kim – January 24, 2014 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe some of the interns are leaving. I vote for Leah and Shane.

Comment by nitemar – January 24, 2014 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, replace Shane PLEASE

Comment by brycealexander – January 24, 2014 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope Alex gives Shane a beating after the botched surgery he performed on his father.

Comment by JJM – January 24, 2014 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Alex goes off on Shane and gives him a beat down when his father dies as a result of that botched surgery. His dad developed sepsis and died after all his organs shut down.

Comment by Elizabeth McFarland – March 2, 2014 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calvin! <3

Comment by erin – January 24, 2014 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Greek :( ….but always nice to see the alums, like Paul James and Jake McDorman, on new projects.

Comment by Eliza – January 24, 2014 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I’m in the process of rewatching Greek and was wondering why he hasn’t done bigger roles since. James was great as Calvin. I hope he stays long term!

Comment by Chris – January 24, 2014 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Excited because I loved Calvin. He was great in Greek.
    I think he helps Mer with her Research….
    I hope they get someone good to replace Christina when the time comes but this will not be her replacement…

Comment by shuayb – January 24, 2014 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m watching Greek right now!

Comment by Tara – January 24, 2014 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Steph will have a breakdown and he will replace Steph as Mer’s assistant

Comment by Donna – February 3, 2014 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Jackson’s mother’s reaction to the fact that not only did he break up April’s wedding, but they sloped and still haven’t told anyone they’re actually married. That explosion is going to be heard in outer space!!!

Comment by Elizabeth McFarland – March 2, 2014 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post