Pilot News: The Flash Adds Danielle Panabaker and Vampire Diaries Doc

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Danielle Panabaker Flash PolotThe CW’s Arrow spin-off, The Flash, is speedily adding to its ranks.

RELATED | The CW Changes Plan for The Flash Pilot

Per our sister site Deadline, Shark/Necessary Roughness alum Danielle Panabaker has boarded the project in the role of Caitlin Snow, a bioengineering expert who lost her fiancé during the particle accelerator snafu at Central City’s S.T.A.R. Labs. Could this beauty be fated to give Barry the big chill?Rick Gosnett

Rick Cosnett aka The Vampire Diaries‘ Dr. Wes Maxfield, meanwhile, has been cast as Detective Eddie Thawne, a Central City PD newbie with a mysterious past. (DC lore has a Professor Eobard Thawne aka Professor Zoom, one of The Flash’s most formidable foes.)

RELATED | The Flash: 8 Things to Know About His Introduction — and Future

Earlier this week, Law & Order alum Jesse L. Martin landed the role of Barry Allen’s surrogate father, Detective West.

Recent Arrow guest star/Glee alum Grant Gustin, of course, plays the title role.

Comments (15)

• Matt,
    FYI: Danielle Panabaker’s character Caitlin Snow is also known as Killer Frost.

Comment by Nick – January 24, 2014 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You seemingly missed my covert little aside above.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 24, 2014 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, the link wasn’t there initially.

Comment by Khorrie – January 24, 2014 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, missed it completely. Now my rash comment will haunt me forever; it’s things like this that remind me why I’m so antisocial. Oh well, not the first time not going to be the last.

Comment by Nick – January 24, 2014 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Caitlin Snow is a comic character, too.

Comment by Khorrie – January 24, 2014 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So we have Killer Frost on Flash and Felicity on Arrow, both characters who got their start in the Firestorm comic. (FYI There have been two other Killer Frosts, both had mad ons for Firestorm as well).

Does this mean we’ll see Ronnie Raymond and/or Jason Reuch and/or Martin Stein?

Comment by Robby Horine – January 24, 2014 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohmigod! Ohmigod! I am more excited and surprised for Killer Frost but I am curious if they are gonna be multiple Reverse Flashes, since the actor doesn’t look old enough to have killed Barry’s mother (Of course they could always bring in time travel). But even if he is the only Reverse Flash I am willing to give him a chance

Comment by Patrick Maloney – January 24, 2014 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The story that Barry told about his family on Arrow seemed to suggest that time travel will come into it. At least that is what I thought at the time. It makes sense, given the source material.

I guess this means that other people will be getting powers from the explosion as well. It reminds me of the old Static Shock series on Kids WB… but I only remember bits and pieces of that so I could be wrong.

Comment by Drew – January 25, 2014 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad for both of them. Seem like good characters. Can’t wait for the Flash to get picked up.

Comment by Maki – January 24, 2014 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If The Flash is nearly as good as Arrow then I have no doubt it will be a success. Can’t wait for it!

Comment by Azerty – January 25, 2014 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And here I’d been thinking that Ms. Panabaker would develop into the new show’s version of Amanda Pays’ character (Dr. Tina McGee) from the prior Flash series. (Hope springs eternal….)

Comment by John C. Bunnell – January 25, 2014 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m wondering what the odds are of both the Flash and the Supernatural spinoff being picked up. That would be four hours of real shows per week… so the CW probably won’t do that. So which is more likely? I wish there was as much buzz for the Supernatural spinoff as there is for this one.

Comment by Drew – January 25, 2014 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hard to build buzz when you won’t come clean about the premise or characters. Yet.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 25, 2014 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she a clone of Amber Tamblyn??

Comment by Rodrigo – January 26, 2014 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post