Katims has tapped Adrianne Palicki to join the cast of his new Peacock comedy About a Boy, TVLine has confirmed. She will play Dr. Samantha Lake, a love interest for David Walton’s longtime bachelor Will, in roughly seven episodes. Boy is set to bow on Feb. 21.
The Hollywood Reporter broke the news.
Palicki will next be seen in From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, which premieres on Robert Rodriguez’ The El Rey Network on March 11.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….
* Being Human‘s Sam Witwer is moonlighting on Grimm, TVLine has learned exclusively. He’ll play a tortured soul named Maximillian who is the main attraction at a carnival. With each performance, he is getting dangerously closer and closer to sacrificing the last of his humanity. Fun fact: Witwer is real-life buds with Grimm star David Giuntoli.
* ABC has renewed Wipeout for a seventh season — this time culminating in an end-of-season “Tournament of Champions.”
* Lifetime will launch its 20-episode resurrection of NBC castoff Betty White’s Off Their Rockers on Friday, Feb. 28 at 9pm, with two back-to-back episodes.
* ABC Family’s The Fosters this Monday hit series highs in total viewers (with 2.7 million of ‘em) and in the 18-49, 18-34 and 12-34 demos.
* Transporter The Series is headed to U.S. soil via TNT. The cabler has acquired rights to air Season 1 of the movie franchise-spawning show beginning next fall. It stars Chris Vance (Rizzoli & Isles).
* HBO is steering clear of next week’s Super Bowl. The cabler announced that the Feb. 2 episodes of Girls and Looking will air one day earlier than usual, on Saturday, Feb. 1. from 10-11 pm, to avoid going up against The Big Game. True Detective, meanwhile, will be pre-empted altogether.
Which of today’s TVLine Items has you talking?