Ratings: Bachelor Steady Despite Scandal, Sleepy Hollow Ticks Up, Blacklist Dips to New Low

Ratings Bachelor ControversyDespite Juan Pablo’s recently revealed and widely condemned statements against gays, ABC’s The Bachelor held steady in the ratings this week, drawing 7.8 million total viewers and a 2.3 demo rating.

Leading out of that, Castle (8.9 mil/2.0) ticked up a tenth in the demo.

RELATED | Castle Recap: Double Trouble — Better Known as The Episode That Gave [Spoiler] the Hook

Over on NBC, a double helping of Hollywood Game Night averaged 4.5 mil and 1.4 rating, down sharply from American Ninja Warrior’s week-ago performance (5.5 mil/1.9 but up from HGN’s holiday outing. The Blacklist (8.7 mil/2.3) in turn slipped 7 percent and two tenths, to a new demo low.

Sleepy Hollow‘s double-episode season finale on Fox averaged 6.9 mil and a 2.3, up 6 percent in audience and ticking up a tenth in the demo.

RELATED | Sleepy Hollow Season 1 Finale Recap: Hello Mother, Hello Father

CBS’ How I Met Your Mother (8.8 mil/3.0) and 2 Broke Girls (8.9 mil/2.7) were steady, while Mike & Molly (8.8 mil/2.1) and Mom (8.1 mil/2.1) both shed some viewers and dropped three tenths in the demo. Intelligence slipped another 10 percent and a tenth, to 5.6 mil/1.1.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Recap: Barney’s [Spoiler] Revealed! — Plus, Ted’s Kids Get Namechecked

Numbers for The CW’s Hart of Dixie (1.2 mil/0.4, down a tenth) and Beauty and the Beast (930K/0.4, currently up a tenth) are subject to change due to NBA preemptions.

1. Dani says:

NBC is ruining it’s Monday night. Sad to see The Blacklist with a new low.

2. lupe says:

Happy for Castle that went up in the demo. And surprise that none of the good shows hit 10 millions????? Hope Castle go up next week it seems that we’ll see a kiss :)

• S. says:

Oh brother. The kiss obsession is getting so old. It’s not the only reason to tune in. There ARE other things in a loving relationship, esp. Castle/Beckett which spent most of the series with appealing chemistry, sans regular kissing. An ear nibble + banter moment isn’t good enough?

• lupe says:

I know that there are more things in a relationship than a kiss, and I actually enjoying this season, I think is great, but there’s so many people complaining about the lack of kisses that maybe all those people will tune Monday

3. charlotte says:

That is disappointing news about the blacklist! I love that show. Hope this isn’t a harbinger of things to come for the show.

4. Eric7740 says:

Really??? People are still watching the Bachelor!!!! I boycotted after his comments.

• Boiler says:

Agree. No accounting for taste

• Timmah says:

I’m still watching. Boycotting the show is dumb. You don’t know 1% of what any of the producers, directors, contestants etc. of any of these shows have as their personal beliefs.

• Kim R says:

This is a great point. The only reason we keep hearing about any of this is because the interviewers insist on asking the question. I’m sure there would be a lot of programs boycotted if all the people involved had to publicly answer personal questions about their beliefs about any given subject, not just this one in particular.

• Dr. L says:

Get over yourself.

• Mary says:

Most people watch The Bachelor for comedy and don’t take it serious.

• BigCountry says:

Really people can’t have there opinion and he is a U.S citizen and he is entitled to his Freedom of Speech. It would not be appropriate for kids to see homosexuality on tv. If they don’t want the answer don’t ask the question. I agree with Juan Pablo, Phil Robertson and Evander Holyfield.

5. bonesfan says:

wtf is up with the blacklist numbers? It’s such a great show.

6. sarah says:

The Blacklist is a great show, hope this was a one time thing. I think with the way networks are working this year with the Olympics and or trying a new format for airing shows with out repeats then a long break then no repeats then a long break and repeats may be why a lot of shows (not just Blacklist) are seeing a decrease in numbers and demo.
    I enjoyed Hollywood Game Night.

7. Forwardad says:

Typical NBC had a good little show in Hollywood Game Night. So they ruin it by over broadcasting.

8. prish says:

Blacklist had better wind up the husband friend-or-foe mystery, fast. IMHO, viewers might not invest into the show, without knowing. If it has been revealed, let us DVR fence sitters know.

• Katherine215 says:

Technically, the husband was cleared. There’s still suspicion around him due to some comments from Red, but is the husband’s identity really that much of a factor in whether people invest in the show?

9. Maki says:

HoD raitings are going slightly up. Hoping the Demo follows. It’s such a enjoyable drama to watch and I’m always in for a laugh with it.

10. Ava says:

Sleepy Hollow was amazing! Love The Blacklist and Intelligence, too. I hope Hart of Dixie gets a final season to wrap up Wade & Zoe.

11. BenM says:

Yeah, most of my friends don’t even know the blacklist is new again. They think the fall finale was the season finale. I think I’ve talked to about 4 different people who were shocked to hear I’d watched an episode after that.

12. Alice says:

HOD was the CW show I cheered for the most- but it is a sign of how epic a fail this season is that I’m not even moved by the thought they might be cancelled. What is the point of a 4th season if it is just as bad as this one? Joel should have been in 4 episodes- tops.

13. DavidSask says:

Look what happened to Revolution people there is the lesson? Intelligence will have to be put down asap!

14. Gilded Lady says:

I’m a bit surprised by those who are surprised by the Blacklist’s slipping numbers. Not only have been slipping for a while now, but they were bound to go down now that it didn’t have The Voice as its lead in. The question is whether the show will stop slipping. The show is clearly in no danger this year, but next year, maybe…

15. Ali says:

It looks like the Blacklist will pickup once they let Parminder and Diego in on the action. I could do with a whole lot more of she and Ressler and less creepy-a$$ Tom. Lizzie doesn’t bother me, but all the stuff with she and Tom is sleep-inducing. And, the baby adoption thing is b-o-r-i-n-g. The last thing the show needs is a baby (unless Red is the nanny. That would be fun wouldn’t it!) Also, what the show needs badly is a dose of William Shatner as a guest baddie.

16. Diumbledore's army says: