Rashida Jones to Headline Tribeca, TBS Comedy Pilot from Steve Carell

Rashida Jones Tribeca CastRashida Jones‘ post-Parks and Recreation future just became a lot clearer.

The actress has copped the lead role in TBS’ single-camera comedy pilot Tribeca, co-created and directed by Steve Carell, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Fox Orders Unscripted Comedy Slide Show From Producer Steve Carell

The satirical project explores an eccentric yet capable group of people who investigate crimes while revealing way too much about themselves.

Jones — who will exit NBC’s Parks and Rec this season — stars as Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s Really Heinous Crimes Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when she is assigned a new partner.

Carell, of course, starred on The Office, on which Jones also appeared as Karen Filippelli. He co-wrote the Tribeca pilot with his actress-wife Nancy Carell (aka Michael Scott’s girlfriend Carol Stills).

1. april-ann says:

Wow, she must have really impressed him. She played Karen with all the right nuances. Not keen on the surname “Tribeca” though. We small town hicks associate that name with Noo Yawk. Nor are we keen on single camera efforts. Some are good but it can go either way. But it sounds funny! Any word on who might play her new partner?

• dude says:

I’m pretty sure that’s the point. The show’s a satire of Law and Order.

• Zach says:

No it takes place in Los Angeles. RJ’s character is named Angie Tribeca.

• dude says:

I know is not set in Tribeca but the show is a satire of those Law & Order shows so she’s suppose to have a purposefully silly name. I doubt they named her “Tribeca” without intentionally wanting people to associate her with the New York hood. That’s like naming a character Ricky Chicago an saying “oh I totally didn’t even realize Chicago was a place”

2. Fabe says:

Why wouldn’t she go to a real network comedy that will actually get nominated at the Emmys? I mean, she sold one to NBC, why not star in it herself? I love her, don’t get me wrong, but I wish she would have gone to a major broadcast network, preferably her homebase, NBC.

• Zach says:

Maybe she liked this script. Besides, isn’t it better to be on cable than broadcast? Plus, she has a better chance at getting on the air this way. Leaving NBC for TBS worked for Conan, amiright?

• dude says:

Being on prestige cable is better than broadcast (HBO, AMC, Showtime, FX…) being on TBS is about as prestigious as being on MTV or he E! Network.

3. asm says:

Wow.. She’s actually not that funny in parks & rec & the office. Never laughed once..

4. Eddie says:

*sigh* oh how I miss Yhe Office…

5. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my
    own weblog and was curious what all is needed to get
    set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty
    penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% positive.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks