Fox Rewards Enlisted With Timeslot Promotion

Enlisted300Enlisted has new marching orders.

Fox is moving the well-reviewed rookie comedy into the Friday-at-9/8c perch immediately following Bones, the network confirmed Tuesday. The show will effectively swap timeslots with Raising Hope, which will now follow Enlisted at 9:30/8:30c.

The change takes effect this week.

Enlisted has been drawing modest ratings since its debut earlier this month, but Fox has reason to be hopeful: The show saw its premiere demo rating jump 86 percent (from a 0.7 to a 1.3) once DVR numbers were factored in.

1. They need to move it to Tuesday with B99.

2. Man when I saw the trailer I was skeptical, but the show really isn’t too bad at all. I mean I knew Keith David was going to be funny since the guy’s got great comedic timing but I was worried he might be the only thing I find funny about the show. Pity I can’t watch it when it airs (flat out never home) but been DVRing it.

• justsaying says:

I tried, but i just can’t. I can take stupid humor if it’s done right. But the first one lost me. And then i gave up five minutes in the second one. Maybe i’ll come back in 10 eps and see if it’s tolerable. That happened with New Girl. I was one of the few who thought the pilot was kaka. It didn’t redeem itself to me the way everyone hyped it up, but it was bearable. But now it’s boring. I hated Mindy Project when it started. But now enjoy it quite a bit. Still not must see, but good when i need a comedy to watch and i’m out. I don’t find much comedy that’s out there now to be must see. Just my opinion…

3. Eric7740 says:

Fox Tuesdays needs to be as follows:
    Brooklyn 99
    Enlishted
    New Girl
    Raising Hope

Fox Fridays as follows:
    Mindy Project
    and Whatever else Fox sees fit

4. Eric says:

I really wish Glee had stayed where it was, and Enlisted had been swapped with Dads. I’m really enjoying Enlisted and think it deserves better than a Friday time slot. This is a slight upgrade over the current deal since, let’s be honest: as much as I love Raising Hope, it’s not making it to next season. So it’s demotion doesn’t matter quite as much. But I really hope this manages to boost Enlisted at least a bit.

5. wrstlgirl says:

That takes it out of the picture for us. Puts it up against H50 and Grimm. Won’t miss those.

6. Ann says:

They call that a promotion? Uhhh…They should move it to Tuesdays and cancel the awful Dads. Move it behind Brooklyn 9-9.

7. Lauren says:

I hope the show does well I’m that timeslot, it’s really good.

8. Joey says:

Hope the show does well at 9 PM. I like the show so far.

9. David says:

I liked the pilot and I hope it makes it. Im still surprised Dads got a pickup but its gotten a little better. I think it was risky debuting a new show on Friday. They’re really holding back Kitchen Nightmares this year I’ve noticed. If it’s held until summer maybe they are thinking less competition? Theres also that Gordon Ramsay hotel show that was supposed to be set for January. I think they should start programming summer more competitively.

10. David4 says:

TUESDAYS YOU *BEEP*ING IDIOTS!!!!

Tuesday….
    Raising Hope
    Brooklyn 99
    New Girl
    Enlisted

11. alistaircrane says:

Poor Raising Hope :(

12. Boone says:

Just move it to Tuesday with Brooklyn Nine Nine .

The show is really funny

13. Studz says:

Tuesday

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    Enlisted
    New Girl
    Raising Hope/The Mindy Project

This would be a phenomenal comedy block. I’d be tuning in for all four. I’m just too busy on Friday nights to stay home and watch TV, despite the fact that I love these series and want them to survive for years to come.

14. john says:

And raising hope gets royally screwed again. Eff off Fox.

• The Truth says:

For real. Such a funny show. It’s better than most of the crap on Fox except Brooklyn 99, yet it will probably get cancelled.

15. qj201 says:

Well reviewed…let’s dump it on Friday Night…and let’s put the final nail in Raising Hope’s coffin.

16. Kayla says:

I like Enlisted a lot, actually. Putting it on Fridays is just stupid.

17. charlotte says:

I hope the show will do better in the new time because I really think the show is good! It’s actually got a nice charming quality and the cast work well together.

18. Lol says:

Is anyone else amused that this is the second time a Geoff Stults led show will follow Bones?

19. DavidSask says:

I guess the man candy is working in their favour or the subject of show?

20. AB says:

Raising hope is dead at this point.

21. Mary Kate says:

Enlisted is so funny! I wish more people would watch!

22. Alex says:

The move is not a “promotion,” and the show’s DVR numbers (which aren’t great) are no reason to be hopeful.

23. RobD381 says:

IN my opinion….I’m sorry, who said it was a promotion? Or a demotion? It’s just a killer timeslot, and Enlisted will lose. Fox has effectively doomed this new good series. They’ve put it up against Grimm and Supernatural. They should quit trying to backstab viewers who like the show by playing dirty and putting it up against these two powerhouses. Boo, hiss, Fox. We see through your bad sportsmanship, and Enlisted will lose. I swear they put management from Faux News on the entertainment side. They get a good thing going and take it out and kill it.

• Kristina says:

It’s up against Grimm, sure, but there isn’t necessarily a huge crossover in viewers for those shows. And Supernatural got moved out of the Friday timeslot last year. Did you mean Hawaii Five-0?

24. b says:

Supernatural airs on Tuesdays!

25. Kristina says:

This show is funny! Hope it sticks around.

26. Susan says:

We enjoy this show and wish it was in a better time slot. Airing it on another night would be great. It’s hard to catch shows on Friday nights~