Fox Rewards Enlisted With Timeslot Promotion

Get More: Scheduling News

Enlisted300Enlisted has new marching orders.

Fox is moving the well-reviewed rookie comedy into the Friday-at-9/8c perch immediately following Bones, the network confirmed Tuesday. The show will effectively swap timeslots with Raising Hope, which will now follow Enlisted at 9:30/8:30c.

The change takes effect this week.

Enlisted has been drawing modest ratings since its debut earlier this month, but Fox has reason to be hopeful: The show saw its premiere demo rating jump 86 percent (from a 0.7 to a 1.3) once DVR numbers were factored in.

Tags: ,

Comments (42)

• They need to move it to Tuesday with B99.

Comment by Tori Melching – January 21, 2014 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s actually a pretty good idea. I feel like those two would compliment each other well.

Comment by writingmyownway – January 21, 2014 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s no room. When Glee returns to Tuesday, the only comedies left are New Girl and Brooklyn 99.

Comment by Lauren – January 21, 2014 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • dump the crap fest that is Glee on Fridays where it belongs

Comment by Dennis – January 21, 2014 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No. Seriously? Don’t even. “The crap fest that is Glee”? WHAT?! Oh just be quiet. Its going back to Tuesdays where it belongs and will ride out till it ends next seasons. Get over it.

Comment by 'A' is Alive – January 21, 2014 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Glee is horrible and hasn’t been good since the first season

Comment by Dennis – January 21, 2014 03:32 PM PDT
          • Tuesdays or not, Glee is an awful show.

Comment by AB – January 21, 2014 06:03 PM PDT
          • tried to watch it, its just horrible

Comment by the danger – January 21, 2014 09:37 PM PDT
          • I agree, Glee is moving to where it should be, Tuesday @ 8. It’s not a “crap fest”. It’s very good this season and only getting better. Haters gonna hate!

Comment by Jack – January 22, 2014 09:18 AM PDT
    • Wow. Those two shows are even better match than New Girl and Glee. They should totally dump those and bring in some strong players. Even Enlisted with two episodes is far better tha NG and Glee’s respective seasons.

Comment by Dr. L – January 21, 2014 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was thinking!!

Comment by Me – January 21, 2014 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man when I saw the trailer I was skeptical, but the show really isn’t too bad at all. I mean I knew Keith David was going to be funny since the guy’s got great comedic timing but I was worried he might be the only thing I find funny about the show. Pity I can’t watch it when it airs (flat out never home) but been DVRing it.

Comment by Spinning Maze – January 21, 2014 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I tried, but i just can’t. I can take stupid humor if it’s done right. But the first one lost me. And then i gave up five minutes in the second one. Maybe i’ll come back in 10 eps and see if it’s tolerable. That happened with New Girl. I was one of the few who thought the pilot was kaka. It didn’t redeem itself to me the way everyone hyped it up, but it was bearable. But now it’s boring. I hated Mindy Project when it started. But now enjoy it quite a bit. Still not must see, but good when i need a comedy to watch and i’m out. I don’t find much comedy that’s out there now to be must see. Just my opinion…

Comment by justsaying – January 21, 2014 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox Tuesdays needs to be as follows:
    Brooklyn 99
    Enlishted
    New Girl
    Raising Hope

Fox Fridays as follows:
    Mindy Project
    and Whatever else Fox sees fit

Comment by Eric7740 – January 21, 2014 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish Glee had stayed where it was, and Enlisted had been swapped with Dads. I’m really enjoying Enlisted and think it deserves better than a Friday time slot. This is a slight upgrade over the current deal since, let’s be honest: as much as I love Raising Hope, it’s not making it to next season. So it’s demotion doesn’t matter quite as much. But I really hope this manages to boost Enlisted at least a bit.

Comment by Eric – January 21, 2014 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That takes it out of the picture for us. Puts it up against H50 and Grimm. Won’t miss those.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 21, 2014 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They call that a promotion? Uhhh…They should move it to Tuesdays and cancel the awful Dads. Move it behind Brooklyn 9-9.

Comment by Ann – January 21, 2014 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the show does well I’m that timeslot, it’s really good.

Comment by Lauren – January 21, 2014 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *in, damn autocorrect!!

Comment by Lauren – January 21, 2014 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope the show does well at 9 PM. I like the show so far.

Comment by Joey – January 21, 2014 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the pilot and I hope it makes it. Im still surprised Dads got a pickup but its gotten a little better. I think it was risky debuting a new show on Friday. They’re really holding back Kitchen Nightmares this year I’ve noticed. If it’s held until summer maybe they are thinking less competition? Theres also that Gordon Ramsay hotel show that was supposed to be set for January. I think they should start programming summer more competitively.

Comment by David – January 21, 2014 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TUESDAYS YOU *BEEP*ING IDIOTS!!!!

Tuesday….
    Raising Hope
    Brooklyn 99
    New Girl
    Enlisted

Comment by David4 – January 21, 2014 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Raising Hope :(

Comment by alistaircrane – January 21, 2014 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just move it to Tuesday with Brooklyn Nine Nine .

The show is really funny

Comment by Boone – January 21, 2014 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesday

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    Enlisted
    New Girl
    Raising Hope/The Mindy Project

This would be a phenomenal comedy block. I’d be tuning in for all four. I’m just too busy on Friday nights to stay home and watch TV, despite the fact that I love these series and want them to survive for years to come.

Comment by Studz – January 21, 2014 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Phenomenal? Try again…

Comment by Jack – January 22, 2014 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And raising hope gets royally screwed again. Eff off Fox.

Comment by john – January 21, 2014 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For real. Such a funny show. It’s better than most of the crap on Fox except Brooklyn 99, yet it will probably get cancelled.

Comment by The Truth – January 23, 2014 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well reviewed…let’s dump it on Friday Night…and let’s put the final nail in Raising Hope’s coffin.

Comment by qj201 – January 21, 2014 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Enlisted a lot, actually. Putting it on Fridays is just stupid.

Comment by Kayla – January 21, 2014 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the show will do better in the new time because I really think the show is good! It’s actually got a nice charming quality and the cast work well together.

Comment by charlotte – January 21, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone else amused that this is the second time a Geoff Stults led show will follow Bones?

Comment by Lol – January 21, 2014 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess the man candy is working in their favour or the subject of show?

Comment by DavidSask – January 21, 2014 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising hope is dead at this point.

Comment by AB – January 21, 2014 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enlisted is so funny! I wish more people would watch!

Comment by Mary Kate – January 21, 2014 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The move is not a “promotion,” and the show’s DVR numbers (which aren’t great) are no reason to be hopeful.

Comment by Alex – January 21, 2014 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IN my opinion….I’m sorry, who said it was a promotion? Or a demotion? It’s just a killer timeslot, and Enlisted will lose. Fox has effectively doomed this new good series. They’ve put it up against Grimm and Supernatural. They should quit trying to backstab viewers who like the show by playing dirty and putting it up against these two powerhouses. Boo, hiss, Fox. We see through your bad sportsmanship, and Enlisted will lose. I swear they put management from Faux News on the entertainment side. They get a good thing going and take it out and kill it.

Comment by RobD381 – January 22, 2014 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s up against Grimm, sure, but there isn’t necessarily a huge crossover in viewers for those shows. And Supernatural got moved out of the Friday timeslot last year. Did you mean Hawaii Five-0?

Comment by Kristina – January 22, 2014 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural airs on Tuesdays!

Comment by b – January 22, 2014 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is funny! Hope it sticks around.

Comment by Kristina – January 22, 2014 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We enjoy this show and wish it was in a better time slot. Airing it on another night would be great. It’s hard to catch shows on Friday nights~

Comment by Susan – January 22, 2014 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post