Exclusive

Hannibal Exclusive: Katharine Isabelle Joins Season 2 as [Spoiler]'s New Love Interest

Katharine Isabelle HannibalWill Graham is about to find love in a hopeless place: Dr. Lecter’s couch.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Hannibal has recruited Canadian Scream Queen Katharine Isabelle (Ginger Snaps, American Mary) to join Season 2 as Margot, a potential romantic interest for Will (she is, after all, a lesbian) who also happens to be a patient of The Carnivorous One.

VIDEO | Hannibal Season 2 Trailer Contains One Helluva Spoiler

Described as beautiful and compelling, Margot has suffered years of abuse at the hands of her serial-killer twin brother. (Translation: Girlfriend’s got major issues, so she’ll get along just fine with Will.)

Isabelle, who appeared on Supernatural in Season 2 as one of the “Special Children” and currently recurs on Syfy’s Being Human, will turn up in Episode 8 and stick around for at least four episodes.

Hannibal returns Friday, Feb. 28 at 10/9c.

1. Jerry says:

She also has (what I assume is) a prominent role on Being Human this season!

2. erinlikestv says:

Don’t forget Being Human! (such an underrated show in my humble opinion). I’m excited for her character on Hannibal.

3. Mo says:

Bryan already confirmed that Margot will remain a lesbian like in the books so…..

4. Kate Escobar says:

I LOVE THE FACT THEY MENTIONED SUPERNATURAL. im sorry. anyways, I’m trying to remember who she was in that episode it’s been so long :S also the sarcasm in that one sentence is amusing. quite excited to how season 2 pans out.

• Lea says:

Yeah, I wondered about that too, but I did remember her at once – she played Ava, one of the “Special children” as mentioned, who had a fiance and an ability similar to Sam’s (I think).

5. Someone Annoyed says:

Hey Ausiello, what’s the point in writing Spoiler on the tagline and then writing it in the paragraph shown in the preview? It’s really obnoxious, please stop doing that.

At least you didn’t put it in the url this time, so that’s something

6. Homodrome says:

Umm… Fuller has confirmed that Margot will be a member of the LGBT community as she was in the books. A respected site like TVLine might do well to not post incorrect ‘scoops’ such as this. However I am super excited to see Isabelle on Hannibal. She was fantastic in American Mary and Ginger Snaps!

7. Andrew says:

Can’t wait for their take on “Red Dragon”.

8. Sheldon W. says:

Sounds great.

I just wish that she wasn’t quite so well known for her horror roles – especially since she was stellar as the ‘wise bartender’ character on the best mystery series of the century, so far, the criminally under-appreicated Endgame (starring the equally under-appreciated Shawn Doyle).

9. Jeff Fountain says:

She was fantastic in American Mary, can’t wait for her in this.

10. Alex L. says:

uh, I’m pretty sure Margo isn’t going to be a ‘potential’ romantic interest for Will (unless the writer is Steven Moffat).

11. don lindsay says:

I guess it’s just impossible for hollywood to put out anything that doesn’t contain the push for the same sex degeneracy choice. Well, this is a show about deviates and over the top insanity, so…
    Don’t see myself watching anymore. Wish I’d known about gillian anderson being a sex deviate before I watched last season.

• Louise says:

1. The word is deviant, not deviate, unless you’re from the 1950s or earlier. Deviate is used as a verb in modern parlance, deviant as a noun.
      2. Bryan Fuller, the showrunner, is gay.
      3. Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen have both happily played characters who aren’t heterosexual before.
      4. If you are watching a show where amongst other things people have been flayed, gutted, buried alive, and eaten, and your problem is that the show might feature a character who is attracted to people of the same gender as themselves (and who featured as such in the canon material the show is based on), your priorities are severely damaged.