Exclusive

NCIS Exclusive: It Is Happening Next Season!

NCIS Gibbs Second WifeWho’s ready to meet the “missing” Mrs. Gibbs?

Having just recently had some on-screen fun with the fact that NCIS has never identified, let alone cast, Jethro’s second ex-wife, the CBS drama has a plan to fill in that conspicuous blank.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Guide to NCIS and 30 Other Returning Favorites

Speaking with TVLine at CBS’ Television Critics Association winter press tour cocktail party, showrunner Gary Glasberg shared, “I can promise you that [the mystery wife] is probably going to get touched on in Season 12″ — which, yes, has not officially been ordered, but come on.

Introducing that ex promises to be “[storyline] gold,” Glasberg effused. “I have a little tiny space on my Dry Erase board for stories for next season, and that’s already up there.”

RELATED | NCIS Season 11 — My So-Called Life Actress to Guest-Star

Gibbs was first married to Shannon (played by Scandal‘s Darby Stanchfield), who,NCIS Gibbs Wives with their daughter, tragically died. Next, he wed Diane (Mad Men‘s Melinda McGraw), who is also Agent Fornell’s ex. And following his marriage to the yet-to-be-revealed “Redhead,” Gibbs traded vows with Stephanie (The West Wing‘s Kathleen York).

Of course, nary a month goes by where one NCIS viewer doesn’t email TVLine to ask if series star Mark Harmon’s real-life wife, actress Pam Dawber, will ever guest-star on TV’s most watched drama — perhaps even as Gibbs’ mystery missus.

“That’d be fun,” Glasberg acknowledges. “Every year someone says, ‘Maybe Pam will [be on the show],’ and every year it doesn’t happen.

“I have a feeling that’s a tall order,” he offered, “but it’s worth a phone call.”

RELATED | NCIS Mystery Solved: Why Aren’t Tony and Ziva Staying in Touch?

Short of Pam Dawber, who would you cast as The Missing Mrs. Gibbs? Or are some holding out hope that she and Miranda Pennebaker (once played by Alex Kingston) are one and the same?

1. Stormy says:

For me it’s Tea Leoni. For some reason I think they’d have great chemistry.

• Ourhy4104 says:

мʏ ƈօ-աօʀĸɛʀ’ѕ ѕтɛք-αυɴт мαĸɛѕ $75/нʀ օɴ тнɛ ʟαքтօք. ѕнɛ нαѕ вɛɛɴ ғιʀɛɖ ғօʀ 10 мօɴтнѕ вυт ʟαѕт мօɴтн нɛʀ քαʏ ƈнɛƈĸ աαѕ $21917 ʝυѕт աօʀĸιɴɢ օɴ тнɛ ʟαքтօք ғօʀ α ғɛա нօυʀѕ. тнιѕ αʀтιƈʟɛ fox800.­com

• Carl Modren says:

IT’S A NEW YEAR TIME FOR A NEW JOBS!!! Start working from your home and make $90/h… Only basic computer skills needed and reliable internet connection… Get your first weekly check at the end of this week… Stop wasting time and start now… Sign up at following address ★★★★★ W­­W­­W.­­M­­A­­X­­­­4­­7.­­C­­O­­M­­

• Dick Whitman says:

Sorry but Tea has her own network show starting in the fall. She’ll be playing the Secretary of State.

2. Karen says:

Allison Janney. I know it’s a long shot now that she has her own show but I would love for her to turn up on NCIS. Those two were on fire when Mark guested on the West Wing.

• Sara says:

That would be AWESOME!!!

• Jen says:

Love this idea!

• Good idea to bring wife #2. Pam Dawber is fine, but she is not a redhead… so, no. On another related topic, I DO LIKE Cote de Pablo’s replacement, so if people want to yell and kick about… so be it

• Deesie says:

She would be a good choice

• Fran Pilkngton says:

I like the replacement, too, although I find her eyebrows very distracting. Shouldn’t they be lighter for a blond?

• Mark says:

I think that it is safe to assume that her ‘blonde’ comes from a bottle…you don’t think that she dyes the roots brown do you?

• mel says:

Growing up i was a natural white blond with brown eyebrows, so just because you have different colored eyebrows doesn’t mean your color is faked.

• Ange says:

Actresses die their hair for roles all the time so while I see what you are saying, that’s not necessarily legit. I also like Cote’s replacement. She’s different as she should be.

• Greg says:

It’s amazing that folks are still discussing this! If anything, I would think they would be wondering why “Abby” isn’t really blonde since Pauley is.

• Linda Wilson says:

Maybe she reminds you of yourself – DULL..

• Betty Schmidt says:

Me either. Bring back Ziva or find someone who has the spirit of Ziva. What about the gal that played the Asst. DA on SVU?

• Jennifer says:

well since her show is on CBS, it might be possible to get her. but I agree I would love to see Allison Janney

• YES! This might be the best idea in the history of the world. :)

• NoChance says:

That’s who I’d love too, Karen. Allison is definitely at the top of my list.

Frances Fisher would be cool too.

• Andrea says:

A thousand times YES to Allison Janney!

• Cmgirl says:

That would be great! No question of chemistry there! I also think Gates McFadden would be great!

• Ace says:

Best idea for this by a long shot. They already have chemistry, and she’d be a great recurring character.

The only thing is, I would probably be worried the whole time that she’d get killed.

• Kevin in CT says:

What a terrific idea!! They WERE great together on The West Wing.

• Steph says:

I’ve been wishing for Allison Janney to pop up for a guest spot every year NCIS has been on the air!! Their chemistry on TWW was smoldering!

• Morganic says:

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!! This NEEDS to happen!

• Andrew Hass says:

Allison Janney’s show is on CBS too and been on NCIS could help her show too.So it’s possible she could do both depending on schedules.As for Gibbs third wife i do think it’s time we met her and maybe find out why he married her and why they got divorced.

• flootzavut says:

Allison Janney would be dream casting for me. Heck, I don’t need her to be his ex wife, she can be an agency boss or a senior agent or a media type or anything, I just need to see her and Mark Harmon on screen together again!

I’d love to know if GG has ever enquired. But yeah, ever since I saw that arc on WW, I have been dying to see Allison guest (or become a regular on – I can but dream!) on NCIS. She’s a great actress and comes across as a really nice woman, I reckon she’d fit right in. I think she’s wasted in that TV show she’s doing currently, I’d love to see her with a part she can really dig in to.

• Tedi_Bee says:

That would be a bloody brilliant idea. THey have wonderful chemistry and I think she could pull it off. Since her show is a CBS show I could definately see it happening

• Diva M. says:

Karen: I think Allison Janney is a poor choice as I do not think Mark Harmon would be attracted to her at this time. W W was a long time ago.

• Kate says:

Tired of Mark’s former co-stars playing his love interests. Want a new actress that Mark has never worked with before. He had good chemistry with Curtis in Freak Friday but it fizzled on NCIS. He had good chemistry with Lauren Holly on Chicago Hope, and it was so so during Season 3, but it wasn’t the same as it was on Hope.

• Dick Whitman says:

Nice but Allison doesn’t have time to leave her own show to do a guest arch on NCIS.

• Rae says:

that would be SO cool!! they did look good together on West Wing!! : – )

3. BMF says:

How about you worry about your current season and give Tony his balls back. His midlife crisis consist of joining a men’s help group and baking casseroles and apparently having the hots for his dad’s new girlfriend. Yeah, Glassberg is fullllllllllllllllll of great ideas!

4. Tonyfan says:

Who cares about season 12? They should be thinking about what to do to keep the show from going down the drain, if they want jobs next year. And if the best spoiler that Glasburg has about next year is finding out about Gibbs ex 2, then he’d better hop on over to ncis NO. All we have seen this year, aside from the first two episodes, are guest stars. Meanwhile Tony is falling apart, apparently turning into some sorry version of himself. Personal growth? No. That happened the last couple of seasons. Now he is just sad. I think it’s time for Tony to stop living in Gibbs’ shadow and get on with his own life, because now that bishops there, he has nothing to do. I hope cbs can fix this before Michael Weatherly gets sick of it and decides not to renew his contract. He is a talented actor, and he deserves better than the way they have been writing tony these last few episodes.

• Zalina says:

The show is great … ratings are so up… 20% better than last season, more than 20 milion viewers every week , winning every tuesday nigths… #1 show on tv… NCIS is agreat show… ever.

• Edgar Humpert says:

What Zalina ? 20 million flys? Wake up take your glasses and read again.

• rowan77 says:

While Zalina is mistaken in the ratings being 20% higher than last season, she is correct that about 20 million sets of eyes watch NCIS each week and that makes it #1 series on TV – still. Moonves and Tassler aren’t canceling this cash-cow anytime soon. I think it’s up to Harmon at this point as to whether he wants to continue working on the show or not. As for the writing – I do feel that the quality has dipped and I’m not thrilled with what happening with DiNozzo, but every show has it’s ups and downs. None of these whiners are going to stop watching the show. They’re going to keep watching and complaining as if they can do better.

• BackIntheUSSR says:

I don’t care about ratings IT SUCKS!!!! worst season I ever saw! total death spiral. get rid of the newbie, she got on my last nerve and I’m done.

• Linda M says:

I agree with you 100% Bishop is an idiot! One story line, she goes and sits cross legged on a desk. What’s with that? The stories are becoming boring. Get rid of Bishop.

• not everyone liked Ziva when she first arrived but they all seem to love her now. Bishop is supposed to be a genius and most of them I’ve met are quite eccentric. Give her character time to evolve and I think we will all be fans.

• Maggie says:

I agree completely. Went so far as to turn the TV off during the Christmas show. This is the worst season of any series I have ever seen. And the Blonde HAS to go!!

• Kate says:

Really Zalina last time I looked The Big Bang Theory was the #1 Show on TV last season, NCIS was #2 and it’s ratings were down 2 million viewers from the previous season. Also check out Wikipedia and compare Season 10’s ratings to 11’s and it’s way down. Don’t know what cool aid your drinking. And I don’t like Ziva so don’t include me in on her looney fringe group. And also Bishop is boring.

• tannerose5 says:

I think Bishop is alot more than boring. She adds nothing to the series. She is the reason I stopped watching. I enjoyed Ziva, but really enjoyed the stories and banter of the team. Bishop does not add anything to the mix.

• S. Kelly says:

Please, Please , Please listen to Tonyfan. Now Ziva gone and not treating Tony with so little respect…. write Michael Weatherly some strong scripts. Such a talented actor being wasted
      and losing him would be huge blow to NCIS. Don’t let it happen.

• Alan says:

you mean he is finally getting the character development he was held back from for years so he could be the punchline of ziva’s jokes? because ill take this tony over the stunted manchild that he was written as so mary sue david coulf get some laughs.

• Lorraine64 says:

I understand where you’re coming from, but do you really think this week’s Tony was better?!

• JC says:

I’m completely mystified. What exactly was so wrong with how Tony was written this week? I’ve seen him act much worse. Much MUCH worse actually. Back in season eight (I think) it got to where I was cringing every time he opened his mouth.

• Alan says:

yes, he treated tim like any good friend should after an event such as that and it was a huge step forward in his character development, something that would never have happened if ziva was still around, no doubt they would have had him cracking jokes at his expense just so ziva could say something to put him down, or as i like to call it “the standard tony ziva interaction”.

• BackIntheUSSR says:

GIVE HIM HIS BALLS BACK. the new tony is a pathetic joke.

• Yes, he is absolutely being wasted. In the first few episdoes he was incredible. Now he is just a prop. Tony NEEDS to get out of that job, or he will never come into his own. That job is killing him.

• Darlene says:

Tony is doing just fine in his job and his life.

• Debbie says:

Oh, I get it. He was doing just fine when he was the T in Tiva (rather like a prop for the ship). Now that the ‘iva’ is gone, suddenly the T in Tiva means nothing. New flash: there was a Tony before the Tiva and, guess what? There’s still a Tony after the Tiva. And, thankfully, this season, we don’t have anybody urging Tony to keep wearing his class clown mask, so now he’s free to be a little bit more unguarded, which is a sign of growth.

• so how is it that he is now ONLY a class clown? and also, has nothing to do in the office.

• Debbie says:

He hasn’t been a class clown at all, agentscully. He’s had some good riffs, witty one-liners. He’s in sync with Gibbs again. What I haven’t seen is him putting on a Groucho Marx mask, trying to get a date on line, or dressing up in a white jump suit from the 70s so he can be called a ‘Fat Elvis’ by Ziva (as if that’s even funny. But then again, you call him a ‘fat uncle’ so maybe that is your type of humor).

• Lorraine64 says:

I do rather like the idea of meeting the second Mrs Gibbs, but as an enormous Tony fan, I have to admit I totally agree with you, I was soooo angry with the way they had Tony behaving this week – I could have screamed!

• Alan says:

you mean having him be worried about his long time friend and co-worker after he was almost caught in a terrorist attack and had his girlfriend paralyzed as a result of the same attack? yes thats totally horrible writing and the writers should be ashamed of themselves for writing tony as a decent human being who cares about his friends.

• Jaramukhti says:

Bingo, Alan.

Look past the casserole and pork chops for one second and all Tony did was show some damn sensitivity to his teammate’s turmoil over what happened to his significant other. My God, the rest of the time he was just the same as always — coming up with clues, being silly…you know, generally being Dinozzo.

• we saw the REAL caring Tony after Ziva’s father died. He didn’t make pork chops for her. He actually took care of her.

• BJG says:

And he only did that because Gibbs told him too.

• Darlene says:

Are you serious? He didn’t make pork chops for her? You do realize he does not have to have the same response to every situation where someone is in need and he wants to help, don’t you? This is caring Tony just as much as the “tough love” Tony was saw with Ziva.

• Alan says:

yeah and that was how to care for her, that not how to care for tim. they are two very different people who need very different things from their friends in times of need. its not a one size fits all situation, im sure that he would do something totally different again for gibbs or abby or jimmy or ducky or even vance, tonys best trait is that he understands people and how everyone is different and needs different things in their times of need.

• Vicki says:

While I agree that Tony (Michael) should be given more to work with, that lame newbie Bishop acts like a teenager and her acting skills do not exist. Please find someone else …Hollis would be good and love her chemistry with Gibbs

• grandmal006 says:

I agree 100% with you. Bishop drives me nuts. She sits on a desk cross legged like a kid. What is with that? Is the director of the show telling her to do that? They need to get rid of her.

• Karen says:

Can not stand the Bishop character. I hate to say it but I have quite watching NCIS and switched over to PBS and Death in Paradise because of the awful Bishop. The British mystery is very well done and doesn’t have a character irritating and arrogant like Bishop. I also agree that her acting skill are poor. NCIS has had very weak story lines of late and I can’t fathom why “Gibbs” puts up with Bishop!

• flootzavut says:

Going down the drain? Uh, yeah, they must be so sad that they’re getting 19-20 million viewers each week. Clearly, the show has outlived its popularity…!

You’re delusional.

• Marilyn says:

Love the show not the same with out ziva but to be fair i was the same when kate died. But bishop will never grow on me . A hope ziva does return. Best show ever.

• Ahmad Mahabir says:

I think that ziva should return to full fill toney and ziva .get gibbs marred l

• They need to get rid of Bishop and get back to the way show was with the characters interacting better and quit ruining Tony character, They are ruining the show

• Tony was good enough to take charge of the team while Gibbs was out. He also was exceptional when undercover. Then lately he has been denied that same character.

• Linda says:

Agree, he seems lost. As if he has no reason to be there. Don’t care for Janney in wife roll. Francine Fisher, Gates McFadden, or Dana Delaney. What happen to hooking up Tim and Abbey? Most shows have their hook ups married with children now. Bones, Castle have successfully done this and the fans love it.

• Julie B says:

Tony is bored. Ziva needs to come back for Tony. They had good chemistry together, Ziva was the only one that could handle Tony. It could start with a phone call to Gibbs saying that she would like to come back home since all her family is gone. She is better in the field than the other one. The new girl can be working on the profile of the killer, that all she good for anyway

5. Noway down the drain says:

Its not even NCIS anymore, your so so stuck to the character, im intrested with great interaction through characters solving the case not some bullcrap about developing new love life for these characters.

6. Missy Kelly says:

Mari Lu Henner – with her memory it would have driven crazy because she would know when he was wrong or mis-remembering

7. Edgar Humpert says:

Wow, season 11 is in free fall. GG talk about Ziva like a dead, lift Bishop an underground actress in heaven and now the only interesting is a new thrill for Gibbs. Nobody knows if NCIS is still on market for season 12.
    First he has to fix the mess he start. let actors be actors and not slave of a child playing on floor.
    This producer is interetsted in his spin off. And if he work there same way it will be a short cycle.

• Alan says:

english, do you speak it?

• Are you aware that some people on earth do not speak English as a first language?

• Alan says:

maybe if they come onto an english speaking website filled with english speaking people then they should make an effort to write something that is actually understandable to an english speaker. i know if i went to, for instance, a german website that i would do my best to make the german i write something other people can actually understand.
          also i was making a small joke by referencing pulp fiction, no need to be so serious.

• NoChance says:

You can call yourself “Edgar” but you write exactly like “Jean-Charles”.

• leia says:

Feels uplifted and refreshed to me. You must be still watching and obsessing over the ratings if you are making these comments. Oh and insulting a woman and calling her a child Not COOL

8. Zorkel says:

I’m excited for this. And have people not been paying attention? Even with Ziva leaving and Bishop joining, and such, the ratings haven’t budged.

• Debbie says:

Not only haven’t they budged (in spite of the huge predicted ratings drop by a group of disgruntled Tiva fans), they’ve been steady and solid as a rock all season, instead of the ‘all over the map’ season they had last year.

• flootzavut says:

Some people are subscribing to the “logic” that “none of my friends watch any more so they must be faking the ratings” – I do not recommend attempting to talk sense with these people. Oh, and some of them also think that people are doggedly watching despite hating the show. They don’t seem to realise that most fans of any given show are casual watchers who watch the episode, turn the TV off, and then forget about it for a week. Ratings, shmatings – they’re convinced their view is the majority, no matter what. Kinda sad.

• John 1138 says:

Yes, even the first two that had some Ziva had a renewed feel to them.

9. sandramiller says:

Just tell us Bishop will be gone next season.

10. Lisa says:

I couldn’t care less about the un-named spouse. If they want to focus on “the many loves of Leroy Jethro Gibbs” how about they bring in someone new that Gibbs can fall in love with and finally move on from Shannon and be happy again. That’s something I’d be interested in watching.

• spartan says:

Excellent point! Kind of silly to focus on this now-irrelevant woman from his past; let him have a few mysteries! I was so excited to see former love Col. Mann last week, but that of course led to nothing. I suppose that since there always are viewers who get hysterical when Gibbs is paired up temporarily with ANYone, the show bigwigs are probably afraid to put him in an actual relationship and risk pi$$ing people off.

• LA Hope says:

I think it isn´t a that great deal with his exwife, but I guess people in the whole street heard my screams when Hollis told Gibbs she was married now… I was so excited to see her again and maybe start something with him again… but I was angry with the writers of that episode the whole week!

• Rhonda Roland says:

Are you kidding me? I was so over-top-happy when Hollis went on to greener pastures & we no longer had to endure her, who could ever want her back!

11. Tracie says:

FYI, in the bold sentence at the bottom, you said “Paw” Dawber instead of Pam.

12. LORI says:

I THINK THE LADY WHO PLAYED ON CSI LAS VEGAS…MARG HELGENBERGER WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT CHOICE.

13. Nancy Mitchell says:

Watching SUV, 1/16/14, Dann Florek, (Sgt. Creghan. don’t know spelling) walked off the show at the conclusion of this episode, leaving his position to Det Benson (Olivia). What happened with Dann Florek?

14. lena says:

I just want Gibbs to wake up out of his coma and return to the Gibbs we all know and love. This season he is letting Bishop walk all over him, and looking to her to do all the thinking. It almost looks like he is ready to retire and doesn’t care any more.

15. BJG says:

I always thought it was Ginger, the lawyer from Bloodbath. That’s why he hates lawyers. Allison Janney – Mark Harmon had great chemistry with her on The West Wing.

• crazyhazy says:

BJG i thought the same thing when we saw her then. Ginger could be the reason he never trusted Lawyers

• NoChance says:

I just figured Ginger was one of his ex-wives lawyers, not the ex-wife and that Gibbs began hating lawyers because he went through 3 divorces.

• LOVE the Allison Janney idea, she was fantastic with him.

• flootzavut says:

I will always vote for Allison Janney in any vaguely suitable role on the show. She and Mark have absolutely lovely chemistry. Ex wife, new love interest, boss of a federal agency, I pretty much would be thrilled to bits if she came on NCIS in any capacity and I would LOVE to see her having a role that was going to be more than one episode,

16. Sarah Myers says:

I feel the writers came in hungover and wrote this season!! And whoever thought “Bishop” was an asset sure shot themselves in the foot!! If she isn’t written out or have a better part written for her, then NCIS is doomed. Millions of people don’t like her. Wonder if anyone is listening?

• Vi says:

Where do you get the idea millions of people don’t like her? NCIS is not doomed. I’ve watched from day one (when introduced in JAG) and still love the show. Bishop is different and that’s what they needed after Ziva.

• Alan says:

its really just about 40 people on social media who wont shut up, those are the “millions” talked about here.

• Pete says:

Actually there might be as many as 10k upset at Ziva leaving and maybe 200-300k who don’t like Bishop.
          Such vast percentages of the viewers…

• NoChance says:

Where are you coming up with your math? I know I haven’t seen 200-300k different person post about not liking “Bishop”. I’m one of the people who likes Ellie, she makes me smile and I like that the team really does have a Probie this time around since her predecessor was never treated as one even when she wasn’t an NCIS agent and had never been an investigator before and McGee was senior to her.
            I can’t wait to see what happens to make Ellie Bishop switch officially from the NSA to NCIS.

• Pete says:

@NoChance – I was ‘attempting’ to be generous with the figures, after all we all know how stupid it looks when the ‘Ziva fans’ claim that anyone who dislikes the character must be ‘Anna’ in disguise, because “she is the only fan who dislikes Ziva”. Belittling the opposing argument by trying to underplay their numbers is a fools’ game.
            But the fact remains that even if there are as many as 1 million viewers who dislike Bishop that amounts to only 5-6 percent of the audience and is not significant enough for anyone to worry about. It doesn’t mean that their views are invalid, just that the “bring back Ziva” and “get rid of Bishop” calls are not representative of the majority of viewers.
            Whilst I (obviously) don’t have them all listed out, I’m pretty sure that on all of the various social media where I follow NCIS news/comment I haven’t run across a million different commenters since July. Mostly it’s the same few hundred names that keep repeating themselves – and whilst I don’t expect everyone to maintain a single identity across every site that requires a login, it is pretty obvious that there are a number of people holding multiple accounts – which some even use to talk to themselves!

Bishop seems fine to me, maybe a little overused in her introductory episodes, but for one I would expect that and for another with an ensemble the ‘spotlight’ always moves around the cast in different episodes. I don’t agree with most of the complaints being levelled at her, and recognise many of them as the exact same complaints that the fans labelled as ‘haters’ were levelling at Ziva, which goes to show how subjective all of this is. I certainly don’t agree with the “she has taken over the show and is solving everything single-handed” accusations. You only need to actually WATCH Gibbs’ face when he interacts with her to see that he has not been “neutered”.
            At the moment I would say that I like Bishop rather than being wildly enthusiastic about her, although I am interested to see how they develop her, and her unfolding story with the team – and hope that they do a better job than they did with many of the other female characters, including Ziva, whom I think the writers completely trashed by the end of season 10 (along with most of the rest of the team!).
            Ultimately the change is an opportunity to get out of the rut that the show had fallen into – despite the fact that it is obvious that some viewers want to see minimal variation on a single formula week after week and are threatened by the show doing anything different.

• Alan says:

yeah such a vast percentage of 20 million regular viewers. what is that, less than 1%?

• you haven’t looked at facebook or yahoo, have you? it’s FAR more than that number.

• Bonnie Williams says:

Really? You mean the places where the same people post over and over again? I just came from TV Guide and you are all over there with the same comments you are posting here (same name, same horrible comments)–so, people LIKE you? I am a regular fan of NCIS since day one, I don’t belong to Facebook OR Yahoo, I don’t make up fake numbers or comments about how EVERYBODY doesn’t like Bishop or are upset about Cote leaving. I’m a regular fan who is so sick to death of people like you taking over the comments sections yapping like an hysterical poodle, with the SAME made up garbage of facts that are not true. You whine how people are so mean to Cote, however, you are even more disgusting to the new character–look up hypocrite in the dictionary then look in the mirror. I’d say, act like an adult, but that ship has so sailed.

• so you definitely have not looked. it is not the same people. it is all new people. constantly. all day long.

• Max Ames says:

Oh, really? “All new people”–you do realize, (and am pretty sure have done the same thing) how incredibly easy it is to make “all new people” on various sites, like Yahoo, Hot Mail, Goggle–should I go on? Plus, these, “all new people” say pretty much the same thing, repeatedly, same words, over and over–also, where are your facts that these, “all new people” exist? You know, a little thing called proof? Sheesh………..

• Alan says:

im sure if i looked at it i would see the same small group of people complaining over and over again, or in other words the only function social media serves in life, a outlet for the very vocal minority who wont shut up.

… Delusional…

17. Ange says:

Seeing him opposite Pam would be awesome! For as long as they have been married, it would be great so see how much they jell on screen. Oddly, when they talk about couples in the business with solid marriages, they never come up.

18. GeoDiva says:

If we are sticking with the red head theme, then Christina Hendricks would be amazing.

• Brenda says:

She probably would have been about 10 years old!

• John 1138 says:

Well she’s 38 now so actually, for a completely wrong Gibbs decision someone about twenty would be a hoot. Put in one of those “WHAT was he thinking?” matches. The “perfect Gibbs’ singular flaw are these women, so why not go for it?

They got divorced right? So this should be train wreck from hell not soulmates from heaven.

19. JC says:

Well, it hadn’t occurred to me, but now that you mention it, having her be Miranda would be kind of awesome. I loved that episode, and I’d love to see Alex Kingston back on the show in any case. Other than that, how about Kristen Dalton? And I’m sorry, but people that don’t think NCIS is going to get a 12th season are delusional. This show will end when Mark Harmon wants it to end and not before.

• I LOVE Alex Kingston but was baffled by the Miranda character. Basically, River Song did a guest spot on NCIS. then she never came back.

• JC says:

Basically, River Song did a guest spot on NCIS. Exactly. And I loved every minute of it. MORE PLZ!!! I especially enjoyed the scene with her staring down Tony in the bullpen. I replayed that several times. :) But, you know, YMMV.

• it was fun and I liked it! I just didn’t get it! why did River SOng make a flyby then disappear forever?

• JC says:

Uh, because Alex Kingston was a guest star? I’m sorry – I’m not trying to be snarky – but I’m not getting the confusion. Even though I would have liked to have seen her more, I don’t remember any indications that her role was ever supposed to be more than a one shot deal for that one episode.

20. MJ says:

Where’s the mystery? She’s a redhead, he shouldn’t have married her, it didn’t work out.
    Oh, and he built a boat. See? No need to shell out the guest-star money!

Dammit! I totally spoiled GG’s plot! I really suck!

21. Alan says:

frances fisher would be a good casting for the role.
    also its nice to see that the ziva nutjobs have managed to derail the discussion on a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with her, at least they are consistent in their annoyingness.

22. Joy McQueen says:

i wish Shannon would come back.do not like bishop,tony need to be like he use to be

23. Ashbash says:

Sticking with the red head theme I’m going with Kate Walsh

• flootzavut says:

Oooh that’s interesting… I really like Kate Walsh. Allison Janney is top of my list of actresses I want to see on NCIS, but I could totally see Kate being a fab guest star, and actually she does a killer ex wife for sure already ;) :)

24. Mylène says:

Please focus on the regular cast for now, and not on a guest star for next season. Bring back the cast I have loved for over 10 years, let me slowly get used to Bishop by giving her less important screentime right now and build that up slowly. I will never abandon this show, but please, do not mess with the characters as I see happening right now.

• Every cast member who has been on the show for 10 years is still on the show. S11 is the best season in years.

I almost wish we’d never meet the other former Mrs. Gibbs. But if we must, I wish they would try to borrow Allison Janney for a few days.

• Mylène says:

With the cast I loved I mean the way they were before season 11. I think they are out of character, that’s all. As for wife 2, I really do not care. Let there be a new girlfriend, like has been said, so that he can move on.

• season 11 is an absolute train wreck. a couple of solid episodes. everything else chaos.

• BJG says:

And how does that make it different from any other season? Some are home runs and some strikeout. The show is still attracting 19-20 million views a week with a constant demo.

• flootzavut says:

You’re using common sense, don’t expect it to make any impression on those who are determined to believe that NCIS can’t go on without Ziva.

The show is attracting consistent ratings. They can’t seem to accept that.

25. Brenda says:

I vote for his old castmate from 240-Robert, Joanna Cassidy.

26. I don’t see anything wrong with season 12. I think many fans are just never going to be happy if Ziva isn’t there. Life goes on. It wasn’t the Ziva show and its not the Tony show either. The whole cast makes up a fantastic ensemble. It would be nice to have Pam as his mysterious 2nd wife, or maybe when NCIS does finish some years from now she could be his one and only then? It would depend on why they separated too. If its for something really bad i would rather it wasn’t Pam…save her for something good for a later time. Those who are unhappy…change the channel.

27. Bella says:

Gillian Anderson, Amy Yasbeck, Marcia Cross, Rene Russo or Debra Messing?

28. I was just thinking too what about Viviene Bellisario who played the mystery red head who picked Gibbs up a few times in the silver Porsche (I think it was) This would only be possible if Mark and Don were still talking to one another.

• John 1138 says:

I don’t think the timeline would work either, when she was picking him up, such as right after he’d offered a job to Kate, well those definitely looked like date pickups which is not how his divorces seemed to end, with happy date nights? Oh no.

29. Lana Smyth says:

It would HAVE to be Jamie Lee Curtis!! Now there was some chemistry!

• Sarahliz1624 says:

Were you WATCHING the show? I actually had to turn it off. PLEASE don’t bring her back!

• flootzavut says:

There was a reason they ditched her in such a final way, and it was that very few people agree with you.

Personally, I love JLC, but I really didn’t like that character at all, saw no chemistry between her and Mark Harmon (I’d say he same of the pair of them in Freaky Friday) and was relieved their disappeared her. Their relationship made me cringe.

I mean, never say never, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

30. Chris Morocco says:

In the first season of NCIS, a mystery woman was sometimes dropping off Gibbs to a crime scene, but after a while, she disappeared.

31. sladewilson says:

Marcia Cross. That would be cool. As for the criticism this season, if you’ve watched this show long enough, you would realize there’s always an end game. You might not agree with it but I have faith. BTW – I’m in the “Bishop has officially become annoying” camp – fix her now or get rid of her. And I don’t blame the actress as much as the writing…

• I don’t think it’s the writing. The writers are struggling to force this character to fit, and the only way to do it is to dramatically dial down the personalities we love. I think the character is fundamentally unable to fit into the team. Every crime fighting team needs a fighter, that’s essential. Kate and Ziva were the fighters. You can’t replace the fighter with a brain, that kills the team. That’s exactly what has happened here. All the action is instantly gone.

• BJG says:

I never considered Kate as a fighter. She was tough but wasn’t really a fighter. Besides the wrestling match with McGee and the elbows to Tony – when did she actually fight?

Let’s have the men do the fighting for a change. I like the fact that they have Bishop using her brains instead of her fists, legs, etc… After all NCIS is an investigative unit.

• JC says:

Yeah, I was going to say. I never thought of Kate as a fighter really, any more than Tony or Gibbs are.

• she was secret service. they go through BRUTAL training to learn to fight.

• BJG says:

That may be the case but I’ll ask again, when did we actually see Kate in a fight? And we don’t know what kind of training Bishop has? Just because she’s an analyst doesn’t mean she hasn’t had any training. Just like with a gun. She doesn’t need one as an analyst but she had training and did well in it.

• Max Ames says:

Ehhhhh, try again, the Secret Service agents go through the same training as the FBI, police and other assorted agencies. It’s standard training and certain not, “BRUTAL”. Do you have an off button?

• Darlene says:

I agree. The men can fight. Besides, with every change comes the chance to change the formula, to not grow stagnant. Just because NCIS has been doing something the same way for the last five years, doesn’t mean they have to keep doing it that way. I applaud Gary and the NCIS crew for keepin’ on. They’ve produced some great episodes this year. I’m looking forward to Season 12.

• flootzavut says:

I think people are confusing the ability to fight with the personality to be a fighter. I think Kate had the former, but not the latter, whereas Ziva was temperamentally a fighter as well as being trained as such.

• JC says:

I’m not sure where you get the idea that Kate was more of a fighter than Tony or Gibbs. I loved Kate, but that was not my impression of her at all. That aside, c’mon. There’s no way the writers were going to win here. If they’d brought in a girl that was a badass fighter (which admittedly was what I wanted actually), everyone would have been screaming Ziva clone, and oh look at how they’re trying to make her more badass than Ziva. There was no winning this one. But personally, despite my own immense skepticism over this character when I first heard about her, I actually like her a lot, and I’m enjoying how she’s fitting into the team so far. I don’t need her to have ninja skills, and if she did, people would be screaming Mary Sue even louder than they are now.

• Debbie says:

You’re absolutely right, JC. There was no way the show could win with a certain group of people who apparently have not yet noticed that the NCIS world has moved on without them.
          If Bishop is a super duper fighter, they’d complain that she’s just like Ziva, and mock Gary for the his inability to invent his own character for the show. If Bishop is introduced and put only in the background with little to do, they’d complain that she’s really not needed on the show, so why is she there? If they all treat Bishop differently than Ziva, well that’s a no-no, too.
          I’m with you JC. I like Ellie better in every episode (we see her failing, making mistakes, not understanding the importance of some tasks. We see her contributing as the team member she is learning to be. We see Tim and Tony supporting her, teaching her and she’s slowly becoming one of the gang as far as I’m concerned).

• BackIntheUSSR says:

I don’t care about Ziva. Bishop annoys the ever living crap out of me. the more episodes I watch the less I can stand her. Tony and Gibbs had their balls cut off. I don’t have time for this. kill her off.

• BJG says:

And that’s how many of us felt about Ziva when she came onboard. Guess what she stayed.

• Get on the internet and do some research about Secret Service training. It is brutal. They are trained to be a “meat shield” for the President.

• Max Ames says:

Give me an “s”, give me an “h”, give me an “u”, give me an “t” and add up–please, now you are just becoming embarrassing.

• JC says:

I’m not going to argue that point with you because it doesn’t matter. Whatever super duper fighting skills Kate may have allegedly had, it never factored into the show. We never saw any of that onscreen. What we DID see on screen with Kate was a good agent on the same level as Tony and Gibbs, not a Ziva-style super ninja. And you completely ignored the rest of my point, which is that if Bishop HAD been a super fighter, people would be complaining about that.

• flootzavut says:

Trained as a meat shield =/= being temperamentally a fighting person, or being the designated fighter on a team. Ziva was. Kate wasn’t. Being capable is not the same as having that personality, one of the ways Kate and Ziva were extremely different from one another.

• Alan says:

what about gibbs the ex marine sniper? or tony the former baltimore cop? both of them are highly trained fighters too, as is tim now due to years of experience. do they not count when its convenient for your point?

• Mylène says:

I have faith too. As for Bishop, I am not against her, not at all. Someone had to come in, somehow. I just wish they would have brought her more slowly. How come all of a sudden good old detective work, computerskills and Gibbs’s experience aren’t good enough to solve the case anymore. Let her part become gradually larger.

• BackIntheUSSR says:

let me go on record as being against her. All the guys are eunuchs now. show is ruined. I loved it but I’m done.

• Max Ames says:

Then for God’s sake quit whining and just go………

• ynot says:

a note to all bishop bashers and whiners….you do realize that the character was only introduced into in episode 9 of this past season….her character is coming back for season 12…….if you don’t like the character, please don;t watch the show……

• Christine says:

Ziva needs to come back. She made that show. I feel bad that she left. I watch this show continuously and it doesn’t matter if i have seen the episodes over and over again, I try not to miss it. Love the marathons. For the coming season, it would be wonderful to see her back, but if that is impossible, than whoever they get, hopefully, will bring the ratings up higher.

• Alan says:

what do you mean? they are still doing detective work, still interviewing suspects and witnesses, still doing the old reliable things like putting out BOLOs, still using technical know how, still doing all the things they have done before, they just arent ignoring the fact that bishop is trained to see patterns they cant and are using that where appropriate. if they were ignoring her analyst skills you would be complaining about that.

• Mylène says:

I am not complaining, I am just giving my opinion. I am sorry that I prefer to watch Gibbs, Tony, McGee, Abby, Ducky and Palmer. Bishop is fine, as long as they build up her part slowly, and give her analytic skills a smaller part in solving crimes, for now. I need time for her to grow on me, that”s all.

• Rhonda Roland says:

They brought her on for the most part JUST as the did Kate & Ziva, I personally think she’s great! The only thing missing so far is, Tony has as yet to call her “probie.” Give her a chance! To whomever said that Ziva had “to grow on us” I agree completely! I had a VERY hard time getting used to Ziva & honestly now that we have this lovely new character that brings her own set of skills to the table I’m not missing her for a moment, in fact I will go so far to say glad she’s gone & good riddance! She was more times than not a real jerk! And to all you “Tiva” folks don’t you remember when she first showed up on the show she acted a if she was God’s gift to the crew, she had a dinner party for EVERYONE except Tony & was ever so much more annoying in ever way compared to Bishop! Also, guys the original creator of NCIS is sick & has been for a few years now I believe that’s why some things are done a bit differently now as opposed to the first few years! If you want to whine then save some real grief for this wonderful man who is no longer able to run this show or any other for that matter! I think the way the new show runner brought Bishop into the character pool was/is completely in sync with how Mr Bellisario would’ve done it & that counts a lot for me!

• Kathy A says:

Donald Bellisario was actually pushed off the show by Mark Harmon several years ago. It was a very unhappy set when DPB was still in charge (an understatement, based on stories I’ve heard from a former writer). It was basically a palace coup which, if you read the coverage dating back to those days, was pretty much necessary to keep the show and cast from imploding.

• Rhonda Roland says:

From what I read from that time it was not Mark but CBS who took over not just NCIS but basically stole “NCIS: LA” from him altogether. That’s why they tried to launch the new show “NCIS: RED” from the “NCIS: LA” though I notice it has as yet not gained a spot in the line-up, now they are talking about an “NCIS: NO.” Mr Bellisario as from what I read “back then” has a brain condition–don’t remember what but don’t think it was a tumor nor alzheimer but something that affected his memory so that he could no longer run the shows. He won the first battle /w CBS but appeared as if he would lose on appeal & I haven’t bothered to continue following the story. It probably was like being in a battle for the cast & crew I can’t imagine how it could NOT be, especially with brain injury a person’s personality changes & they can’t seem to grasp what it happening to them, then /w CBS trying to kick him out would make for unhappy times! I have noticed that Mark is credited as a producer but if you watch many shows you will very often see this happen /w the stars suddenly being a producer. I believe that it just makes for good business to protect their work & have a say in the way things go.

• JC says:

I think you’re conflating two separate situations. Don Bellisario did sue CBS over NCIS LA, but that was a separate issue. NCIS LA didn’t even start airing until two years after Bellisario was forced out following season four. IIRC, Mark Harmon basically issued an ultimatum, saying either he goes or I do. The network didn’t want to lose their top star, so Bellisario was gone and Shane Brennan took over. Now Shane’s running NCIS LA and Gary Glasberg is running NCIS.

32. Cmgirl says:

I’ve always said #2 should be Gates McFadden!!!

33. prish says:

Annette O’Toole of Nash Bridges fame. She and Mark Harmon were born in 1952. The husband thought it was a good suggestion.

34. Jon says:

Kate Walsh

35. Darlene says:

I’m lobbying for Allison Janney. She’d be great! Sending a letter to Gary and to CBS about this tomorrow! Very excited for the reveal of ex wife #2. I’m looking forward to the official renewal announcement for NCIS. I’m gonna make sure my NCIS renewal party is better than ever this year!

• flootzavut says:

I would pay good money to see Allison Janney on NCIS <3 she's wonderful, and she and Mark have absolutely glorious chemistry. I've sent in suggestions in the past for her: I don't know how much impact a few random fan suggestions make, but I figured what the heck!

36. BackIntheUSSR says:

this last episode was just god awful. I am not one of the bring Ziva back types. But the newbie is killing it. I sat through 30 minutes then changed the channel, and I want those 30 minutes of my life back. this show is done. Thanks for the last 10 years, it was fun.

37. TV Gord says:

I’d be thrilled to see Pam Dawber do it! It would be novel to see what she would do with a more dramatic role, and we wouldn’t have to worry about whether she could bring out a twinkle in Gibbs’ eye.

38. LA Hope says:

Lauren Holly, I just want Jenny back!!! Jibbs is the OTP on NCIS, and I was so dissapointed when I heard about Flashback-episode 9×14, and then there was almost nothing about her, just a really short scene, not even any speaking!!!!

39. Pat says:

I am not sure what good it will be to bring on another ex wife. Gibbs gave his heart to his one and only true love, Shannon, so why he remarried three more times after her death, tells you he could never commit to anyone else 100%. So for me bringing on this missing ex really doesn’t matter.

40. Maria says:

Only Mr. Glasberg would use “promise” and “probably” in the same sentence.

41. Andy Denton says:

Christine Lahti, Pam Dawber, Allison Janney or Marlee Matlin. The last in my list would make since as to why his character knew sign language.

• flootzavut says:

I would love to see Marlee on NCIS in pretty much any role they could convince her to take! :D

Ditto Allison Janney.

• Rhonda Roland says:

GOD NO! I was so happy when she went off the air! She’s insufferable!

• Rhonda Roland says:

HELLO! They explained that so long ago I forgot why! And for the record if they did get her I believe I might have to stop watching the show & I’ve never missed an episode!

42. auntiemm says:

I would like for the Miranda character to be the ex. If I remember correctly one of the marriages was very brief; her character would be a fit for that. They had chemistry and the writers let had their characters respect each other.

43. Tahonia says:

Bishop is all right. They needed her to have a new aspect, I think it’s interesting that she’s married…they haven’t done that before. The thing that I hate this season is Delilah! McGee and Abby are supposed to be together, and now they’ve paralyzed Delilah, so Tim is at her side forever or else he’s just a no-good-nik, and we all know what a Boy Scout he is. Bishop I can live with. AND Allison Janney would be an awesome guest wife. Wish they could make that happen.

44. Cyn Mackley says:

Since hair color can be adjusted my picks for Gibbs ex would be Marlee Matliin or Morgan Fairchild.

45. John 1138 says:

Amy Adams. It would be fun if Gibbs were shown to have made a total TrainWreck of a choice and who better to play the worst Gibbs spouse in the universe than she?

They got divorced right? So good chemistry and best fit make less sense for the storyline than “WHAT was he thinking?” (And with what?)

Hehehehe

It’s flashbacks so her age would be fine. Gibbs with a deep fried Twinkie!

46. Sheldon W. says:

She must be played by Frances McDormand! She’s never done NCIS and she can be terrifically feisty/sparky. If she can’t be persuaded, then almost certainly the next person to consider would be another Frances, Frances Fisher.

47. Carly Mackinnon says:

Bring Back Ziva! And Make Tony Happy Again! Tiva Rules

48. Martha McCarthy says:

I think they should let Gibbs fall in love with CGIS Agent Abigail Borin and marry her.

49. elizabeth lauer says:

First of all, as far as “who would you choose …” for NCIS, I would say: whom would you choose. Then, since Gibbs’s penchant for redheads has been stated many times, why not start of with an actual redhead. We are becoming fewer and fewer, so grab one while there is still time.

50. Sarah81 says:

They should cast either Marcia Cross or Annette O’Toole in the role of Gibbs’ second wife!