NCIS Exclusive: It Is Happening Next Season!

Get More: Exclusive, Scoop

NCIS Gibbs Second WifeWho’s ready to meet the “missing” Mrs. Gibbs?

Having just recently had some on-screen fun with the fact that NCIS has never identified, let alone cast, Jethro’s second ex-wife, the CBS drama has a plan to fill in that conspicuous blank.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Guide to NCIS and 30 Other Returning Favorites

Speaking with TVLine at CBS’ Television Critics Association winter press tour cocktail party, showrunner Gary Glasberg shared, “I can promise you that [the mystery wife] is probably going to get touched on in Season 12″ — which, yes, has not officially been ordered, but come on.

Introducing that ex promises to be “[storyline] gold,” Glasberg effused. “I have a little tiny space on my Dry Erase board for stories for next season, and that’s already up there.”

RELATED | NCIS Season 11 — My So-Called Life Actress to Guest-Star

Gibbs was first married to Shannon (played by Scandal‘s Darby Stanchfield), who,NCIS Gibbs Wives with their daughter, tragically died. Next, he wed Diane (Mad Men‘s Melinda McGraw), who is also Agent Fornell’s ex. And following his marriage to the yet-to-be-revealed “Redhead,” Gibbs traded vows with Stephanie (The West Wing‘s Kathleen York).

Of course, nary a month goes by where one NCIS viewer doesn’t email TVLine to ask if series star Mark Harmon’s real-life wife, actress Pam Dawber, will ever guest-star on TV’s most watched drama — perhaps even as Gibbs’ mystery missus.

“That’d be fun,” Glasberg acknowledges. “Every year someone says, ‘Maybe Pam will [be on the show],’ and every year it doesn’t happen.

“I have a feeling that’s a tall order,” he offered, “but it’s worth a phone call.”

RELATED | NCIS Mystery Solved: Why Aren’t Tony and Ziva Staying in Touch?

Short of Pam Dawber, who would you cast as The Missing Mrs. Gibbs? Or are some holding out hope that she and Miranda Pennebaker (once played by Alex Kingston) are one and the same?

Comments (240)

• For me it’s Tea Leoni. For some reason I think they’d have great chemistry.

Comment by Stormy – January 17, 2014 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • мʏ ƈօ-աօʀĸɛʀ’ѕ ѕтɛք-αυɴт мαĸɛѕ $75/нʀ օɴ тнɛ ʟαքтօք. ѕнɛ нαѕ вɛɛɴ ғιʀɛɖ ғօʀ 10 мօɴтнѕ вυт ʟαѕт мօɴтн нɛʀ քαʏ ƈнɛƈĸ աαѕ $21917 ʝυѕт աօʀĸιɴɢ օɴ тнɛ ʟαքтօք ғօʀ α ғɛա нօυʀѕ. тнιѕ αʀтιƈʟɛ fox800.­com

Comment by Ourhy4104 – January 17, 2014 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IT’S A NEW YEAR TIME FOR A NEW JOBS!!! Start working from your home and make $90/h… Only basic computer skills needed and reliable internet connection… Get your first weekly check at the end of this week… Stop wasting time and start now… Sign up at following address ★★★★★ W­­W­­W.­­M­­A­­X­­­­4­­7.­­C­­O­­M­­

Comment by Carl Modren – January 18, 2014 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Allison Janney. I know it’s a long shot now that she has her own show but I would love for her to turn up on NCIS. Those two were on fire when Mark guested on the West Wing.

Comment by Karen – January 17, 2014 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be AWESOME!!!

Comment by Sara – January 17, 2014 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love this idea!

Comment by Jen – January 17, 2014 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well since her show is on CBS, it might be possible to get her. but I agree I would love to see Allison Janney

Comment by Jennifer – January 17, 2014 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! This might be the best idea in the history of the world. :)

Comment by Melissa Mitchell – January 17, 2014 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s who I’d love too, Karen. Allison is definitely at the top of my list.

Frances Fisher would be cool too.

Comment by NoChance – January 17, 2014 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A thousand times YES to Allison Janney!

Comment by Andrea – January 17, 2014 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be great! No question of chemistry there! I also think Gates McFadden would be great!

Comment by Cmgirl – January 17, 2014 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Best idea for this by a long shot. They already have chemistry, and she’d be a great recurring character.

The only thing is, I would probably be worried the whole time that she’d get killed.

Comment by Ace – January 17, 2014 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What a terrific idea!! They WERE great together on The West Wing.

Comment by Kevin in CT – January 18, 2014 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been wishing for Allison Janney to pop up for a guest spot every year NCIS has been on the air!! Their chemistry on TWW was smoldering!

Comment by Steph – January 18, 2014 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes yes yes yes yes!!!! This NEEDS to happen!

Comment by Morganic – January 18, 2014 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Allison Janney’s show is on CBS too and been on NCIS could help her show too.So it’s possible she could do both depending on schedules.As for Gibbs third wife i do think it’s time we met her and maybe find out why he married her and why they got divorced.

Comment by Andrew Hass – January 18, 2014 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Allison Janney would be dream casting for me. Heck, I don’t need her to be his ex wife, she can be an agency boss or a senior agent or a media type or anything, I just need to see her and Mark Harmon on screen together again!

I’d love to know if GG has ever enquired. But yeah, ever since I saw that arc on WW, I have been dying to see Allison guest (or become a regular on – I can but dream!) on NCIS. She’s a great actress and comes across as a really nice woman, I reckon she’d fit right in. I think she’s wasted in that TV show she’s doing currently, I’d love to see her with a part she can really dig in to.

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about you worry about your current season and give Tony his balls back. His midlife crisis consist of joining a men’s help group and baking casseroles and apparently having the hots for his dad’s new girlfriend. Yeah, Glassberg is fullllllllllllllllll of great ideas!

Comment by BMF – January 17, 2014 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly!!!!

Comment by natalieswhite – January 17, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN!

Comment by Sandra – January 17, 2014 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What I fail to appreciate in Gary’s good ideas,is their execution.While DiNozzo has matured as an agent,he is still too immature for a short-term/long-term relationship.He had feelings for Ziva,but she didn’t take any initiative in moving it forward.I understand that Mark commented on a dvd that he’ll never fully reveal how they get that boat out of Gibbs’ basement,but the writers could have addressed the 2nd ex of his any time in the past 3 years.We have to wait for another fall season to start to get to That iceberg?

Comment by Al – January 18, 2014 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I always assumed they got that boat out of the basement the same way they get boats into bottles. Pre-assembled for fit, then disassembled to fit through the small opening (be it bottleneck or basement stairs and door) and then reassemble the pre-fit pieces….

Comment by John 1138 – January 18, 2014 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I just want them to get rid of the new girl cannot stand her she ruins the show

Comment by Vonna Engelhardt – February 6, 2014 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Get rid of the new girl she doesn’t fit she ruins the show

Comment by Kathy – February 6, 2014 11:17 AM PDT
          • I agree get rid of the new girl. Need Ziva to come back!!

Comment by Judy – February 6, 2014 01:55 PM PDT
          • You are absolutely correct. She just down not fit.

Comment by Linda Ott – February 25, 2014 05:52 PM PDT
    • Exactly!! Get some decent writers in and give us some believable stories!!!

Comment by DiNozzodame – January 17, 2014 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you are watching the show that has for the past 10 and a half years killed off members of the navy on a weekly basis to the point where there should just be nobody left in the navy for them to kill off and you are demanding realism? a show which has had unmanned drones being taken by the enemies multiple times over the years and yet no one puts any precautions in place to stop this happening again and you are demanding realism? how have you watched this for the last 10 years if you cant handle it not being realistic?

Comment by Alan – January 17, 2014 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GOD YES!

Comment by BackIntheUSSR – January 17, 2014 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen again! But I must have missed something—dad’s new girl friend? Must have fallen asleep because I don’t remember her.

Comment by Rhonda Roland – January 21, 2014 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares about season 12? They should be thinking about what to do to keep the show from going down the drain, if they want jobs next year. And if the best spoiler that Glasburg has about next year is finding out about Gibbs ex 2, then he’d better hop on over to ncis NO. All we have seen this year, aside from the first two episodes, are guest stars. Meanwhile Tony is falling apart, apparently turning into some sorry version of himself. Personal growth? No. That happened the last couple of seasons. Now he is just sad. I think it’s time for Tony to stop living in Gibbs’ shadow and get on with his own life, because now that bishops there, he has nothing to do. I hope cbs can fix this before Michael Weatherly gets sick of it and decides not to renew his contract. He is a talented actor, and he deserves better than the way they have been writing tony these last few episodes.

Comment by Tonyfan – January 17, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show is great … ratings are so up… 20% better than last season, more than 20 milion viewers every week , winning every tuesday nigths… #1 show on tv… NCIS is agreat show… ever.

Comment by Zalina – January 17, 2014 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What Zalina ? 20 million flys? Wake up take your glasses and read again.

Comment by Edgar Humpert – January 17, 2014 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • While Zalina is mistaken in the ratings being 20% higher than last season, she is correct that about 20 million sets of eyes watch NCIS each week and that makes it #1 series on TV – still. Moonves and Tassler aren’t canceling this cash-cow anytime soon. I think it’s up to Harmon at this point as to whether he wants to continue working on the show or not. As for the writing – I do feel that the quality has dipped and I’m not thrilled with what happening with DiNozzo, but every show has it’s ups and downs. None of these whiners are going to stop watching the show. They’re going to keep watching and complaining as if they can do better.

Comment by rowan77 – January 17, 2014 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t care about ratings IT SUCKS!!!! worst season I ever saw! total death spiral. get rid of the newbie, she got on my last nerve and I’m done.

Comment by BackIntheUSSR – January 17, 2014 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with you 100% Bishop is an idiot! One story line, she goes and sits cross legged on a desk. What’s with that? The stories are becoming boring. Get rid of Bishop.

Comment by Linda M – January 22, 2014 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • not everyone liked Ziva when she first arrived but they all seem to love her now. Bishop is supposed to be a genius and most of them I’ve met are quite eccentric. Give her character time to evolve and I think we will all be fans.

Comment by Jerry Overcash – February 5, 2014 03:08 PM PDT
          • I agree completely. Went so far as to turn the TV off during the Christmas show. This is the worst season of any series I have ever seen. And the Blonde HAS to go!!

Comment by Maggie – February 5, 2014 07:17 PM PDT
    • Please, Please , Please listen to Tonyfan. Now Ziva gone and not treating Tony with so little respect…. write Michael Weatherly some strong scripts. Such a talented actor being wasted
      and losing him would be huge blow to NCIS. Don’t let it happen.

Comment by S. Kelly – January 17, 2014 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you mean he is finally getting the character development he was held back from for years so he could be the punchline of ziva’s jokes? because ill take this tony over the stunted manchild that he was written as so mary sue david coulf get some laughs.

Comment by Alan – January 17, 2014 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I understand where you’re coming from, but do you really think this week’s Tony was better?!

Comment by Lorraine64 – January 17, 2014 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m completely mystified. What exactly was so wrong with how Tony was written this week? I’ve seen him act much worse. Much MUCH worse actually. Back in season eight (I think) it got to where I was cringing every time he opened his mouth.

Comment by JC – January 17, 2014 03:34 PM PDT
          • yes, he treated tim like any good friend should after an event such as that and it was a huge step forward in his character development, something that would never have happened if ziva was still around, no doubt they would have had him cracking jokes at his expense just so ziva could say something to put him down, or as i like to call it “the standard tony ziva interaction”.

Comment by Alan – January 17, 2014 03:34 PM PDT

Comment by leia – January 17, 2014 06:27 PM PDT
        • GIVE HIM HIS BALLS BACK. the new tony is a pathetic joke.

Comment by BackIntheUSSR – January 17, 2014 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, he is absolutely being wasted. In the first few episdoes he was incredible. Now he is just a prop. Tony NEEDS to get out of that job, or he will never come into his own. That job is killing him.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Tony is doing just fine in his job and his life.

Comment by Darlene – January 17, 2014 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, I get it. He was doing just fine when he was the T in Tiva (rather like a prop for the ship). Now that the ‘iva’ is gone, suddenly the T in Tiva means nothing. New flash: there was a Tony before the Tiva and, guess what? There’s still a Tony after the Tiva. And, thankfully, this season, we don’t have anybody urging Tony to keep wearing his class clown mask, so now he’s free to be a little bit more unguarded, which is a sign of growth.

Comment by Debbie – January 17, 2014 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • so how is it that he is now ONLY a class clown? and also, has nothing to do in the office.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 10:23 PM PDT
          • He hasn’t been a class clown at all, agentscully. He’s had some good riffs, witty one-liners. He’s in sync with Gibbs again. What I haven’t seen is him putting on a Groucho Marx mask, trying to get a date on line, or dressing up in a white jump suit from the 70s so he can be called a ‘Fat Elvis’ by Ziva (as if that’s even funny. But then again, you call him a ‘fat uncle’ so maybe that is your type of humor).

Comment by Debbie – January 18, 2014 04:37 AM PDT
    • I do rather like the idea of meeting the second Mrs Gibbs, but as an enormous Tony fan, I have to admit I totally agree with you, I was soooo angry with the way they had Tony behaving this week – I could have screamed!

Comment by Lorraine64 – January 17, 2014 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you mean having him be worried about his long time friend and co-worker after he was almost caught in a terrorist attack and had his girlfriend paralyzed as a result of the same attack? yes thats totally horrible writing and the writers should be ashamed of themselves for writing tony as a decent human being who cares about his friends.

Comment by Alan – January 17, 2014 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bingo, Alan.

Look past the casserole and pork chops for one second and all Tony did was show some damn sensitivity to his teammate’s turmoil over what happened to his significant other. My God, the rest of the time he was just the same as always — coming up with clues, being silly…you know, generally being Dinozzo.

Comment by Jaramukhti – January 17, 2014 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • we saw the REAL caring Tony after Ziva’s father died. He didn’t make pork chops for her. He actually took care of her.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And he only did that because Gibbs told him too.

Comment by BJG – January 17, 2014 05:45 PM PDT
          • Are you serious? He didn’t make pork chops for her? You do realize he does not have to have the same response to every situation where someone is in need and he wants to help, don’t you? This is caring Tony just as much as the “tough love” Tony was saw with Ziva.

Comment by Darlene – January 17, 2014 06:56 PM PDT
          • yeah and that was how to care for her, that not how to care for tim. they are two very different people who need very different things from their friends in times of need. its not a one size fits all situation, im sure that he would do something totally different again for gibbs or abby or jimmy or ducky or even vance, tonys best trait is that he understands people and how everyone is different and needs different things in their times of need.

Comment by Alan – January 18, 2014 05:44 AM PDT
      • While I agree that Tony (Michael) should be given more to work with, that lame newbie Bishop acts like a teenager and her acting skills do not exist. Please find someone else …Hollis would be good and love her chemistry with Gibbs

Comment by Vicki – January 21, 2014 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree 100% with you. Bishop drives me nuts. She sits on a desk cross legged like a kid. What is with that? Is the director of the show telling her to do that? They need to get rid of her.

Comment by grandmal006 – January 22, 2014 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Can not stand the Bishop character. I hate to say it but I have quite watching NCIS and switched over to PBS and Death in Paradise because of the awful Bishop. The British mystery is very well done and doesn’t have a character irritating and arrogant like Bishop. I also agree that her acting skill are poor. NCIS has had very weak story lines of late and I can’t fathom why “Gibbs” puts up with Bishop!

Comment by Karen – February 5, 2014 11:24 AM PDT
    • Going down the drain? Uh, yeah, they must be so sad that they’re getting 19-20 million viewers each week. Clearly, the show has outlived its popularity…!

You’re delusional.

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love the show not the same with out ziva but to be fair i was the same when kate died. But bishop will never grow on me . A hope ziva does return. Best show ever.

Comment by Marilyn – April 13, 2014 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that ziva should return to full fill toney and ziva .get gibbs marred l

Comment by Ahmad Mahabir – January 26, 2014 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree 100% NCIS is just becoming so boring.

Comment by Linda M – January 27, 2014 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They need to get rid of Bishop and get back to the way show was with the characters interacting better and quit ruining Tony character, They are ruining the show

Comment by Vonna Engelhardt – February 6, 2014 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tony was good enough to take charge of the team while Gibbs was out. He also was exceptional when undercover. Then lately he has been denied that same character.

Comment by Jerry couchman – February 15, 2014 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its not even NCIS anymore, your so so stuck to the character, im intrested with great interaction through characters solving the case not some bullcrap about developing new love life for these characters.

Comment by Noway down the drain – January 17, 2014 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mari Lu Henner – with her memory it would have driven crazy because she would know when he was wrong or mis-remembering

Comment by Missy Kelly – January 17, 2014 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, season 11 is in free fall. GG talk about Ziva like a dead, lift Bishop an underground actress in heaven and now the only interesting is a new thrill for Gibbs. Nobody knows if NCIS is still on market for season 12.
    First he has to fix the mess he start. let actors be actors and not slave of a child playing on floor.
    This producer is interetsted in his spin off. And if he work there same way it will be a short cycle.

Comment by Edgar Humpert – January 17, 2014 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen

Comment by elsa – January 17, 2014 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • english, do you speak it?

Comment by Alan – January 17, 2014 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you aware that some people on earth do not speak English as a first language?

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • maybe if they come onto an english speaking website filled with english speaking people then they should make an effort to write something that is actually understandable to an english speaker. i know if i went to, for instance, a german website that i would do my best to make the german i write something other people can actually understand.
          also i was making a small joke by referencing pulp fiction, no need to be so serious.

Comment by Alan – January 18, 2014 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can call yourself “Edgar” but you write exactly like “Jean-Charles”.

Comment by NoChance – January 17, 2014 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Feels uplifted and refreshed to me. You must be still watching and obsessing over the ratings if you are making these comments. Oh and insulting a woman and calling her a child Not COOL

Comment by leia – January 17, 2014 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited for this. And have people not been paying attention? Even with Ziva leaving and Bishop joining, and such, the ratings haven’t budged.

Comment by Zorkel – January 17, 2014 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not only haven’t they budged (in spite of the huge predicted ratings drop by a group of disgruntled Tiva fans), they’ve been steady and solid as a rock all season, instead of the ‘all over the map’ season they had last year.

Comment by Debbie – January 17, 2014 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Some people are subscribing to the “logic” that “none of my friends watch any more so they must be faking the ratings” – I do not recommend attempting to talk sense with these people. Oh, and some of them also think that people are doggedly watching despite hating the show. They don’t seem to realise that most fans of any given show are casual watchers who watch the episode, turn the TV off, and then forget about it for a week. Ratings, shmatings – they’re convinced their view is the majority, no matter what. Kinda sad.

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, even the first two that had some Ziva had a renewed feel to them.

Comment by John 1138 – January 18, 2014 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just tell us Bishop will be gone next season.

Comment by sandramiller – January 17, 2014 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN !

Comment by Milton Wedman – January 17, 2014 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll vote for that.

Comment by Larc – January 17, 2014 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PLEASE GOD

Comment by BackIntheUSSR – January 17, 2014 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t care less about the un-named spouse. If they want to focus on “the many loves of Leroy Jethro Gibbs” how about they bring in someone new that Gibbs can fall in love with and finally move on from Shannon and be happy again. That’s something I’d be interested in watching.

Comment by Lisa – January 17, 2014 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Excellent point! Kind of silly to focus on this now-irrelevant woman from his past; let him have a few mysteries! I was so excited to see former love Col. Mann last week, but that of course led to nothing. I suppose that since there always are viewers who get hysterical when Gibbs is paired up temporarily with ANYone, the show bigwigs are probably afraid to put him in an actual relationship and risk pi$$ing people off.

Comment by spartan – January 17, 2014 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it isn´t a that great deal with his exwife, but I guess people in the whole street heard my screams when Hollis told Gibbs she was married now… I was so excited to see her again and maybe start something with him again… but I was angry with the writers of that episode the whole week!

Comment by LA Hope – January 18, 2014 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are you kidding me? I was so over-top-happy when Hollis went on to greener pastures & we no longer had to endure her, who could ever want her back!

Comment by Rhonda Roland – January 21, 2014 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FYI, in the bold sentence at the bottom, you said “Paw” Dawber instead of Pam.

Comment by Tracie – January 17, 2014 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Funny, it looked fine in the mirror.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 17, 2014 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I THINK THE LADY WHO PLAYED ON CSI LAS VEGAS…MARG HELGENBERGER WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT CHOICE.

Comment by LORI – January 17, 2014 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s a little busy with her new show

Comment by Sarahliz1624 – January 17, 2014 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is for next season, and judging from the ratings, her new show probably isn’t going to be around then. That said, she wouldn’t be my first choice anyway.

Comment by JC – January 17, 2014 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Excellent choice for what a cadaver! That’s what she looks like to me! Now I’m being mean—sorry but golly I’m still right.

Comment by Rhonda Roland – January 21, 2014 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching SUV, 1/16/14, Dann Florek, (Sgt. Creghan. don’t know spelling) walked off the show at the conclusion of this episode, leaving his position to Det Benson (Olivia). What happened with Dann Florek?

Comment by Nancy Mitchell – January 17, 2014 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Gibbs to wake up out of his coma and return to the Gibbs we all know and love. This season he is letting Bishop walk all over him, and looking to her to do all the thinking. It almost looks like he is ready to retire and doesn’t care any more.

Comment by lena – January 17, 2014 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PREACH.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. Gibbs lets Bishop do whatever she wants. The story lines are going down the tubes. They are focusing to much on her.

Comment by grandmal006 – January 22, 2014 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always thought it was Ginger, the lawyer from Bloodbath. That’s why he hates lawyers. Allison Janney – Mark Harmon had great chemistry with her on The West Wing.

Comment by BJG – January 17, 2014 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BJG i thought the same thing when we saw her then. Ginger could be the reason he never trusted Lawyers

Comment by crazyhazy – January 17, 2014 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just figured Ginger was one of his ex-wives lawyers, not the ex-wife and that Gibbs began hating lawyers because he went through 3 divorces.

Comment by NoChance – January 17, 2014 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOVE the Allison Janney idea, she was fantastic with him.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will always vote for Allison Janney in any vaguely suitable role on the show. She and Mark have absolutely lovely chemistry. Ex wife, new love interest, boss of a federal agency, I pretty much would be thrilled to bits if she came on NCIS in any capacity and I would LOVE to see her having a role that was going to be more than one episode,

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel the writers came in hungover and wrote this season!! And whoever thought “Bishop” was an asset sure shot themselves in the foot!! If she isn’t written out or have a better part written for her, then NCIS is doomed. Millions of people don’t like her. Wonder if anyone is listening?

Comment by Sarah Myers – January 17, 2014 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where do you get the idea millions of people don’t like her? NCIS is not doomed. I’ve watched from day one (when introduced in JAG) and still love the show. Bishop is different and that’s what they needed after Ziva.

Comment by Vi – January 17, 2014 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • its really just about 40 people on social media who wont shut up, those are the “millions” talked about here.

Comment by Alan – January 17, 2014 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually there might be as many as 10k upset at Ziva leaving and maybe 200-300k who don’t like Bishop.
          Such vast percentages of the viewers…

Comment by Pete – January 17, 2014 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Where are you coming up with your math? I know I haven’t seen 200-300k different person post about not liking “Bishop”. I’m one of the people who likes Ellie, she makes me smile and I like that the team really does have a Probie this time around since her predecessor was never treated as one even when she wasn’t an NCIS agent and had never been an investigator before and McGee was senior to her.
            I can’t wait to see what happens to make Ellie Bishop switch officially from the NSA to NCIS.

Comment by NoChance – January 17, 2014 04:50 PM PDT
          • @NoChance – I was ‘attempting’ to be generous with the figures, after all we all know how stupid it looks when the ‘Ziva fans’ claim that anyone who dislikes the character must be ‘Anna’ in disguise, because “she is the only fan who dislikes Ziva”. Belittling the opposing argument by trying to underplay their numbers is a fools’ game.
            But the fact remains that even if there are as many as 1 million viewers who dislike Bishop that amounts to only 5-6 percent of the audience and is not significant enough for anyone to worry about. It doesn’t mean that their views are invalid, just that the “bring back Ziva” and “get rid of Bishop” calls are not representative of the majority of viewers.
            Whilst I (obviously) don’t have them all listed out, I’m pretty sure that on all of the various social media where I follow NCIS news/comment I haven’t run across a million different commenters since July. Mostly it’s the same few hundred names that keep repeating themselves – and whilst I don’t expect everyone to maintain a single identity across every site that requires a login, it is pretty obvious that there are a number of people holding multiple accounts – which some even use to talk to themselves!
            Bishop seems fine to me, maybe a little overused in her introductory episodes, but for one I would expect that and for another with an ensemble the ‘spotlight’ always moves around the cast in different episodes. I don’t agree with most of the complaints being levelled at her, and recognise many of them as the exact same complaints that the fans labelled as ‘haters’ were levelling at Ziva, which goes to show how subjective all of this is. I certainly don’t agree with the “she has taken over the show and is solving everything single-handed” accusations. You only need to actually WATCH Gibbs’ face when he interacts with her to see that he has not been “neutered”.
            At the moment I would say that I like Bishop rather than being wildly enthusiastic about her, although I am interested to see how they develop her, and her unfolding story with the team – and hope that they do a better job than they did with many of the other female characters, including Ziva, whom I think the writers completely trashed by the end of season 10 (along with most of the rest of the team!).
            Ultimately the change is an opportunity to get out of the rut that the show had fallen into – despite the fact that it is obvious that some viewers want to see minimal variation on a single formula week after week and are threatened by the show doing anything different.

Comment by Pete – January 18, 2014 02:52 AM PDT
          • yeah such a vast percentage of 20 million regular viewers. what is that, less than 1%?

Comment by Alan – January 18, 2014 05:40 AM PDT
        • you haven’t looked at facebook or yahoo, have you? it’s FAR more than that number.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Really? You mean the places where the same people post over and over again? I just came from TV Guide and you are all over there with the same comments you are posting here (same name, same horrible comments)–so, people LIKE you? I am a regular fan of NCIS since day one, I don’t belong to Facebook OR Yahoo, I don’t make up fake numbers or comments about how EVERYBODY doesn’t like Bishop or are upset about Cote leaving. I’m a regular fan who is so sick to death of people like you taking over the comments sections yapping like an hysterical poodle, with the SAME made up garbage of facts that are not true. You whine how people are so mean to Cote, however, you are even more disgusting to the new character–look up hypocrite in the dictionary then look in the mirror. I’d say, act like an adult, but that ship has so sailed.

Comment by Bonnie Williams – January 17, 2014 07:07 PM PDT
          • so you definitely have not looked. it is not the same people. it is all new people. constantly. all day long.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 10:26 PM PDT
          • Oh, really? “All new people”–you do realize, (and am pretty sure have done the same thing) how incredibly easy it is to make “all new people” on various sites, like Yahoo, Hot Mail, Goggle–should I go on? Plus, these, “all new people” say pretty much the same thing, repeatedly, same words, over and over–also, where are your facts that these, “all new people” exist? You know, a little thing called proof? Sheesh………..

Comment by Max Ames – January 18, 2014 02:09 AM PDT
          • im sure if i looked at it i would see the same small group of people complaining over and over again, or in other words the only function social media serves in life, a outlet for the very vocal minority who wont shut up.

Comment by Alan – January 18, 2014 05:48 AM PDT
          • … Delusional…

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:30 PM PDT
  • Seeing him opposite Pam would be awesome! For as long as they have been married, it would be great so see how much they jell on screen. Oddly, when they talk about couples in the business with solid marriages, they never come up.

Comment by Ange – January 17, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If we are sticking with the red head theme, then Christina Hendricks would be amazing.

Comment by GeoDiva – January 17, 2014 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She probably would have been about 10 years old!

Comment by Brenda – January 17, 2014 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well she’s 38 now so actually, for a completely wrong Gibbs decision someone about twenty would be a hoot. Put in one of those “WHAT was he thinking?” matches. The “perfect Gibbs’ singular flaw are these women, so why not go for it?

They got divorced right? So this should be train wreck from hell not soulmates from heaven.

Comment by John 1138 – January 18, 2014 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, it hadn’t occurred to me, but now that you mention it, having her be Miranda would be kind of awesome. I loved that episode, and I’d love to see Alex Kingston back on the show in any case. Other than that, how about Kristen Dalton? And I’m sorry, but people that don’t think NCIS is going to get a 12th season are delusional. This show will end when Mark Harmon wants it to end and not before.

Comment by JC – January 17, 2014 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE Alex Kingston but was baffled by the Miranda character. Basically, River Song did a guest spot on NCIS. then she never came back.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Basically, River Song did a guest spot on NCIS. Exactly. And I loved every minute of it. MORE PLZ!!! I especially enjoyed the scene with her staring down Tony in the bullpen. I replayed that several times. :) But, you know, YMMV.

Comment by JC – January 17, 2014 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • it was fun and I liked it! I just didn’t get it! why did River SOng make a flyby then disappear forever?

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Uh, because Alex Kingston was a guest star? I’m sorry – I’m not trying to be snarky – but I’m not getting the confusion. Even though I would have liked to have seen her more, I don’t remember any indications that her role was ever supposed to be more than a one shot deal for that one episode.

Comment by JC – January 18, 2014 07:57 AM PDT
  • Where’s the mystery? She’s a redhead, he shouldn’t have married her, it didn’t work out.
    Oh, and he built a boat. See? No need to shell out the guest-star money!

Dammit! I totally spoiled GG’s plot! I really suck!

Comment by MJ – January 17, 2014 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • frances fisher would be a good casting for the role.
    also its nice to see that the ziva nutjobs have managed to derail the discussion on a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with her, at least they are consistent in their annoyingness.

Comment by Alan – January 17, 2014 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • actually no i take this back, it should be dana delany playing his second wife.

Comment by Alan – January 17, 2014 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like Dana Delany for this.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG, I totally forgot Dana when I thaught about ex nr.2, but you´re right!! I love this actress, and I was so dissapointed when Body of Proof was canceled!

Comment by LA Hope – January 18, 2014 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree on both your points. Love the idea of Frances Fisher. And they’ll never get it … #zivagone.

Comment by BJG – January 17, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The husband wanted her, but I reminded him she looks too much like Lauren Holly.

Comment by prish – January 17, 2014 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, anyway, I just want Lauren Holly / Jenny back!!!
          She absolutly had the best chemistry with Gibbs, and well, it would be fun…. Everyone knows they had an affair while he was with Stephanie, so that would be a nice change in the storyline!!!

Comment by LA Hope – January 18, 2014 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i wish Shannon would come back.do not like bishop,tony need to be like he use to be

Comment by Joy McQueen – January 17, 2014 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ahhh… Shannon is dead? Has been dead in canon since before the show started…

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sticking with the red head theme I’m going with Kate Walsh

Comment by Ashbash – January 17, 2014 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oooh that’s interesting… I really like Kate Walsh. Allison Janney is top of my list of actresses I want to see on NCIS, but I could totally see Kate being a fab guest star, and actually she does a killer ex wife for sure already ;) :)

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please focus on the regular cast for now, and not on a guest star for next season. Bring back the cast I have loved for over 10 years, let me slowly get used to Bishop by giving her less important screentime right now and build that up slowly. I will never abandon this show, but please, do not mess with the characters as I see happening right now.

Comment by Mylène – January 17, 2014 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Every cast member who has been on the show for 10 years is still on the show. S11 is the best season in years.

I almost wish we’d never meet the other former Mrs. Gibbs. But if we must, I wish they would try to borrow Allison Janney for a few days.

Comment by tejas (@tejasjulia) – January 17, 2014 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • With the cast I loved I mean the way they were before season 11. I think they are out of character, that’s all. As for wife 2, I really do not care. Let there be a new girlfriend, like has been said, so that he can move on.

Comment by Mylène – January 17, 2014 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • season 11 is an absolute train wreck. a couple of solid episodes. everything else chaos.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And how does that make it different from any other season? Some are home runs and some strikeout. The show is still attracting 19-20 million views a week with a constant demo.

Comment by BJG – January 18, 2014 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’re using common sense, don’t expect it to make any impression on those who are determined to believe that NCIS can’t go on without Ziva.

The show is attracting consistent ratings. They can’t seem to accept that.

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:36 PM PDT
  • I vote for his old castmate from 240-Robert, Joanna Cassidy.

Comment by Brenda – January 17, 2014 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be nice. I loved that show as a kid.

Comment by canadian ninja – January 17, 2014 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see anything wrong with season 12. I think many fans are just never going to be happy if Ziva isn’t there. Life goes on. It wasn’t the Ziva show and its not the Tony show either. The whole cast makes up a fantastic ensemble. It would be nice to have Pam as his mysterious 2nd wife, or maybe when NCIS does finish some years from now she could be his one and only then? It would depend on why they separated too. If its for something really bad i would rather it wasn’t Pam…save her for something good for a later time. Those who are unhappy…change the channel.

Comment by Bellz Webster – January 17, 2014 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen!!!!!!

Comment by Max Ames – January 17, 2014 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree on all counts. I think some people are missing the off switch on their TVs…

And yeah, if Pam is going to star I think it would be kind of sad to make it an unhappy ending.

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gillian Anderson, Amy Yasbeck, Marcia Cross, Rene Russo or Debra Messing?

Comment by Bella – January 17, 2014 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just thinking too what about Viviene Bellisario who played the mystery red head who picked Gibbs up a few times in the silver Porsche (I think it was) This would only be possible if Mark and Don were still talking to one another.

Comment by Bellz Webster – January 17, 2014 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think the timeline would work either, when she was picking him up, such as right after he’d offered a job to Kate, well those definitely looked like date pickups which is not how his divorces seemed to end, with happy date nights? Oh no.

Comment by John 1138 – January 17, 2014 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would HAVE to be Jamie Lee Curtis!! Now there was some chemistry!

Comment by Lana Smyth – January 17, 2014 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Were you WATCHING the show? I actually had to turn it off. PLEASE don’t bring her back!

Comment by Sarahliz1624 – January 17, 2014 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was watching the show, and I liked Gibbs and Dr Ryan together. People have DIFFERENT OPINIONS. Yours is not RIGHT.

Comment by suzi – January 17, 2014 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There was a reason they ditched her in such a final way, and it was that very few people agree with you.

Personally, I love JLC, but I really didn’t like that character at all, saw no chemistry between her and Mark Harmon (I’d say he same of the pair of them in Freaky Friday) and was relieved their disappeared her. Their relationship made me cringe.

I mean, never say never, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the first season of NCIS, a mystery woman was sometimes dropping off Gibbs to a crime scene, but after a while, she disappeared.

Comment by Chris Morocco – January 17, 2014 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marcia Cross. That would be cool. As for the criticism this season, if you’ve watched this show long enough, you would realize there’s always an end game. You might not agree with it but I have faith. BTW – I’m in the “Bishop has officially become annoying” camp – fix her now or get rid of her. And I don’t blame the actress as much as the writing…

Comment by sladewilson – January 17, 2014 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it’s the writing. The writers are struggling to force this character to fit, and the only way to do it is to dramatically dial down the personalities we love. I think the character is fundamentally unable to fit into the team. Every crime fighting team needs a fighter, that’s essential. Kate and Ziva were the fighters. You can’t replace the fighter with a brain, that kills the team. That’s exactly what has happened here. All the action is instantly gone.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never considered Kate as a fighter. She was tough but wasn’t really a fighter. Besides the wrestling match with McGee and the elbows to Tony – when did she actually fight?

Let’s have the men do the fighting for a change. I like the fact that they have Bishop using her brains instead of her fists, legs, etc… After all NCIS is an investigative unit.

Comment by BJG – January 17, 2014 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, I was going to say. I never thought of Kate as a fighter really, any more than Tony or Gibbs are.

Comment by JC – January 17, 2014 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • she was secret service. they go through BRUTAL training to learn to fight.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 10:31 PM PDT
          • That may be the case but I’ll ask again, when did we actually see Kate in a fight? And we don’t know what kind of training Bishop has? Just because she’s an analyst doesn’t mean she hasn’t had any training. Just like with a gun. She doesn’t need one as an analyst but she had training and did well in it.

Comment by BJG – January 18, 2014 07:30 AM PDT
          • Ehhhhh, try again, the Secret Service agents go through the same training as the FBI, police and other assorted agencies. It’s standard training and certain not, “BRUTAL”. Do you have an off button?

Comment by Max Ames – January 18, 2014 02:18 AM PDT
        • I agree. The men can fight. Besides, with every change comes the chance to change the formula, to not grow stagnant. Just because NCIS has been doing something the same way for the last five years, doesn’t mean they have to keep doing it that way. I applaud Gary and the NCIS crew for keepin’ on. They’ve produced some great episodes this year. I’m looking forward to Season 12.

Comment by Darlene – January 17, 2014 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think people are confusing the ability to fight with the personality to be a fighter. I think Kate had the former, but not the latter, whereas Ziva was temperamentally a fighter as well as being trained as such.

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not sure where you get the idea that Kate was more of a fighter than Tony or Gibbs. I loved Kate, but that was not my impression of her at all. That aside, c’mon. There’s no way the writers were going to win here. If they’d brought in a girl that was a badass fighter (which admittedly was what I wanted actually), everyone would have been screaming Ziva clone, and oh look at how they’re trying to make her more badass than Ziva. There was no winning this one. But personally, despite my own immense skepticism over this character when I first heard about her, I actually like her a lot, and I’m enjoying how she’s fitting into the team so far. I don’t need her to have ninja skills, and if she did, people would be screaming Mary Sue even louder than they are now.

Comment by JC – January 17, 2014 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re absolutely right, JC. There was no way the show could win with a certain group of people who apparently have not yet noticed that the NCIS world has moved on without them.
          If Bishop is a super duper fighter, they’d complain that she’s just like Ziva, and mock Gary for the his inability to invent his own character for the show. If Bishop is introduced and put only in the background with little to do, they’d complain that she’s really not needed on the show, so why is she there? If they all treat Bishop differently than Ziva, well that’s a no-no, too.
          I’m with you JC. I like Ellie better in every episode (we see her failing, making mistakes, not understanding the importance of some tasks. We see her contributing as the team member she is learning to be. We see Tim and Tony supporting her, teaching her and she’s slowly becoming one of the gang as far as I’m concerned).

Comment by Debbie – January 17, 2014 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t care about Ziva. Bishop annoys the ever living crap out of me. the more episodes I watch the less I can stand her. Tony and Gibbs had their balls cut off. I don’t have time for this. kill her off.

Comment by BackIntheUSSR – January 17, 2014 10:43 PM PDT
          • And that’s how many of us felt about Ziva when she came onboard. Guess what she stayed.

Comment by BJG – January 18, 2014 07:32 AM PDT
        • Get on the internet and do some research about Secret Service training. It is brutal. They are trained to be a “meat shield” for the President.

Comment by agentscully514 – January 17, 2014 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Give me an “s”, give me an “h”, give me an “u”, give me an “t” and add up–please, now you are just becoming embarrassing.

Comment by Max Ames – January 18, 2014 02:21 AM PDT
          • I’m not going to argue that point with you because it doesn’t matter. Whatever super duper fighting skills Kate may have allegedly had, it never factored into the show. We never saw any of that onscreen. What we DID see on screen with Kate was a good agent on the same level as Tony and Gibbs, not a Ziva-style super ninja. And you completely ignored the rest of my point, which is that if Bishop HAD been a super fighter, people would be complaining about that.

Comment by JC – January 18, 2014 08:07 AM PDT
          • Trained as a meat shield =/= being temperamentally a fighting person, or being the designated fighter on a team. Ziva was. Kate wasn’t. Being capable is not the same as having that personality, one of the ways Kate and Ziva were extremely different from one another.

Comment by flootzavut – March 22, 2014 09:35 AM PDT
      • what about gibbs the ex marine sniper? or tony the former baltimore cop? both of them are highly trained fighters too, as is tim now due to years of experience. do they not count when its convenient for your point?

Comment by Alan – January 18, 2014 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have faith too. As for Bishop, I am not against her, not at all. Someone had to come in, somehow. I just wish they would have brought her more slowly. How come all of a sudden good old detective work, computerskills and Gibbs’s experience aren’t good enough to solve the case anymore. Let her part become gradually larger.

Comment by Mylène – January 17, 2014 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • let me go on record as being against her. All the guys are eunuchs now. show is ruined. I loved it but I’m done.

Comment by BackIntheUSSR – January 17, 2014 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Then for God’s sake quit whining and just go………

Comment by Max Ames – January 18, 2014 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what do you mean? they are still doing detective work, still interviewing suspects and witnesses, still doing the old reliable things like putting out BOLOs, still using technical know how, still doing all the things they have done before, they just arent ignoring the fact that bishop is trained to see patterns they cant and are using that where appropriate. if they were ignoring her analyst skills you would be complaining about that.

Comment by Alan – January 18, 2014 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am not complaining, I am just giving my opinion. I am sorry that I prefer to watch Gibbs, Tony, McGee, Abby, Ducky and Palmer. Bishop is fine, as long as they build up her part slowly, and give her analytic skills a smaller part in solving crimes, for now. I need time for her to grow on me, that”s all.

Comment by Mylène – January 18, 2014 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Her screen time has noticeably declined since the introduction episodes.

Comment by John 1138 – January 18, 2014 05:52 PM PDT
      • They brought her on for the most part JUST as the did Kate & Ziva, I personally think she’s great! The only thing missing so far is, Tony has as yet to call her “probie.” Give her a chance! To whomever said that Ziva had “to grow on us” I agree completely! I had a VERY hard time getting used to Ziva & honestly now that we have this lovely new character that brings her own set of skills to the table I’m not missing her for a moment, in fact I will go so far to say glad she’s gone & good riddance! She was more times than not a real jerk! And to all you “Tiva” folks don’t you remember when she first showed up on the show she acted a if she was God’s gift to the crew, she had a dinner party for EVERYONE except Tony & was ever so much more annoying in ever way compared to Bishop! Also, guys the original creator of NCIS is sick & has been for a few years now I believe that’s why some things are done a bit differently now as opposed to the first few years! If you want to whine then save some real grief for this wonderful man who is no longer able to run this show or any other for that matter! I think the way the new show runner brought Bishop into the character pool was/is completely in sync with how Mr Bellisario would’ve done it & that counts a lot for me!

Comment by Rhonda Roland – January 21, 2014 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Donald Bellisario was actually pushed off the show by Mark Harmon several years ago. It was a very unhappy set when DPB was still in charge (an understatement, based on stories I’ve heard from a former writer). It was basically a palace coup which, if you read the coverage dating back to those days, was pretty much necessary to keep the show and cast from imploding.

Comment by Kathy A – January 22, 2014 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • From what I read from that time it was not Mark but CBS who took over not just NCIS but basically stole “NCIS: LA” from him altogether. That’s why they tried to launch the new show “NCIS: RED” from the “NCIS: LA” though I notice it has as yet not gained a spot in the line-up, now they are talking about an “NCIS: NO.” Mr Bellisario as from what I read “back then” has a brain condition–don’t remember what but don’t think it was a tumor nor alzheimer but something that affected his memory so that he could no longer run the shows. He won the first battle /w CBS but appeared as if he would lose on appeal & I haven’t bothered to continue following the story. It probably was like being in a battle for the cast & crew I can’t imagine how it could NOT be, especially with brain injury a person’s personality changes & they can’t seem to grasp what it happening to them, then /w CBS trying to kick him out would make for unhappy times! I have noticed that Mark is credited as a producer but if you watch many shows you will very often see this happen /w the stars suddenly being a producer. I believe that it just makes for good business to protect their work & have a say in the way things go.

Comment by Rhonda Roland – January 22, 2014 01:43 PM PDT
          • I think you’re conflating two separate situations. Don Bellisario did sue CBS over NCIS LA, but that was a separate issue. NCIS LA didn’t even start airing until two years after Bellisario was forced out following season four. IIRC, Mark Harmon basically issued an ultimatum, saying either he goes or I do. The network didn’t want to lose their top star, so Bellisario was gone and Shane Brennan took over. Now Shane’s running NCIS LA and Gary Glasberg is running NCIS.

Comment by JC – January 22, 2014 02:28 PM PDT
  • I’ve always said #2 should be Gates McFadden!!!

Comment by Cmgirl – January 17, 2014 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Annette O’Toole of Nash Bridges fame. She and Mark Harmon were born in 1952. The husband thought it was a good suggestion.

Comment by prish – January 17, 2014 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Walsh

Comment by Jon – January 17, 2014 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m lobbying for Allison Janney. She’d be great! Sending a letter to Gary and to CBS about this tomorrow! Very excited for the reveal of ex wife #2. I’m looking forward to the official renewal announcement for NCIS. I’m gonna make sure my NCIS renewal party is better than ever this year!

Comment by Darlene – January 17, 2014 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would pay good money to see Allison Janney on NCIS <3 she's wonderful, and she and Mark have absolutely glorious chemistry. I've sent in suggestions in the past for her: I don't know how much impact a few random fan suggestions make, but I figured what the heck!

Comment by flootzavut – March 22, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this last episode was just god awful. I am not one of the bring Ziva back types. But the newbie is killing it. I sat through 30 minutes then changed the channel, and I want those 30 minutes of my life back. this show is done. Thanks for the last 10 years, it was fun.

Comment by BackIntheUSSR – January 17, 2014 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d be thrilled to see Pam Dawber do it! It would be novel to see what she would do with a more dramatic role, and we wouldn’t have to worry about whether she could bring out a twinkle in Gibbs’ eye.

Comment by TV Gord – January 17, 2014 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren Holly, I just want Jenny back!!! Jibbs is the OTP on NCIS, and I was so dissapointed when I heard about Flashback-episode 9×14, and then there was almost nothing about her, just a really short scene, not even any speaking!!!!

Comment by LA Hope – January 18, 2014 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not sure what good it will be to bring on another ex wife. Gibbs gave his heart to his one and only true love, Shannon, so why he remarried three more times after her death, tells you he could never commit to anyone else 100%. So for me bringing on this missing ex really doesn’t matter.

Comment by Pat – January 18, 2014 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only Mr. Glasberg would use “promise” and “probably” in the same sentence.

Comment by Maria – January 18, 2014 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christine Lahti, Pam Dawber, Allison Janney or Marlee Matlin. The last in my list would make since as to why his character knew sign language.

Comment by Andy Denton – January 18, 2014 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love to see Marlee on NCIS in pretty much any role they could convince her to take! :D

Ditto Allison Janney.

Comment by flootzavut – January 21, 2014 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GOD NO! I was so happy when she went off the air! She’s insufferable!

Comment by Rhonda Roland – January 21, 2014 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HELLO! They explained that so long ago I forgot why! And for the record if they did get her I believe I might have to stop watching the show & I’ve never missed an episode!

Comment by Rhonda Roland – January 21, 2014 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like for the Miranda character to be the ex. If I remember correctly one of the marriages was very brief; her character would be a fit for that. They had chemistry and the writers let had their characters respect each other.

Comment by auntiemm – January 18, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bishop is all right. They needed her to have a new aspect, I think it’s interesting that she’s married…they haven’t done that before. The thing that I hate this season is Delilah! McGee and Abby are supposed to be together, and now they’ve paralyzed Delilah, so Tim is at her side forever or else he’s just a no-good-nik, and we all know what a Boy Scout he is. Bishop I can live with. AND Allison Janney would be an awesome guest wife. Wish they could make that happen.

Comment by Tahonia – January 18, 2014 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since hair color can be adjusted my picks for Gibbs ex would be Marlee Matliin or Morgan Fairchild.

Comment by Cyn Mackley – January 18, 2014 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amy Adams. It would be fun if Gibbs were shown to have made a total TrainWreck of a choice and who better to play the worst Gibbs spouse in the universe than she?

They got divorced right? So good chemistry and best fit make less sense for the storyline than “WHAT was he thinking?” (And with what?)

Hehehehe

It’s flashbacks so her age would be fine. Gibbs with a deep fried Twinkie!

Comment by John 1138 – January 18, 2014 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Born in 1974. Perfect fit for a flashback.

Comment by John 1138 – January 18, 2014 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She must be played by Frances McDormand! She’s never done NCIS and she can be terrifically feisty/sparky. If she can’t be persuaded, then almost certainly the next person to consider would be another Frances, Frances Fisher.

Comment by Sheldon W. – January 18, 2014 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Back Ziva! And Make Tony Happy Again! Tiva Rules

Comment by Carly Mackinnon – January 18, 2014 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they should let Gibbs fall in love with CGIS Agent Abigail Borin and marry her.

Comment by Martha McCarthy – January 19, 2014 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all, as far as “who would you choose …” for NCIS, I would say: whom would you choose. Then, since Gibbs’s penchant for redheads has been stated many times, why not start of with an actual redhead. We are becoming fewer and fewer, so grab one while there is still time.

Comment by elizabeth lauer – January 19, 2014 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should cast either Marcia Cross or Annette O’Toole in the role of Gibbs’ second wife!

Comment by Sarah81 – January 19, 2014 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post