Meghan Ory Happily Anticipates Once Upon a Time Return — Especially If There's No [Spoiler]!

Once Upon a Time Ruby ReturnsAs excited as Meghan Ory may be about her possible return to Once Upon a Timewhere during Seasons 1 and 2 she played Ruby/Red Riding Hood-slash-The Wolf — the sartorial ramifications of ABC drama’s midseason twist have her especially jazzed.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

Appearing at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on behalf of CBS’ Intelligence, where she costars with Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger (and which recently wrapped production), Ory made clear that she is “not gone from Once [Upon a Time],” even though, due to scheduling conflicts, her character has yet to pop up in Season 3.

“Red Riding Hood just kind of disappeared into the mist,” the actress noted. “I’m told she will be back.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Midseason Finale Recap — Plus: The Wicked Witch Revealed!

Catching up with Ory after her TCA panel, TVLine asked if she was up to speed on the big twist uncorked at the end of Once’s midseason finale, in which all fairytale characters were sent back to from whence they came as Storybrooke blinked out of existence. She was not, being busy with Intelligence and all, so we looped her in.

With a big smile and a hearty laugh, she proceeded to ask about Storybrooke’s vanishing: “Does that mean I never have to wear my booty shorts again? Because that’d be awesome! That means that if I go back, I get to be Red Riding Hood and wear my cape again, which I love.”

Do you hope to see Red and/or Ruby back on Once?

Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (45)

• I loved her character back on S1. I’d be cool to see her back. With Intelligence flopping, it might not take long.

After a very good midseason finale I’m cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season.

Comment by choco – January 15, 2014 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What are you talking about?? Intelligence is fantastic.

Comment by CBWBDK1 – January 15, 2014 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fantastic or not (I like it too), it flopped on Monday night. For a CBS show to have a good chance of renewal it needs to be like a 1.9 and above in the demo. It had a 1.1 on Monday and lost 10 million total viewers from it’s premier. Quality doesn’t keep a show going, quantity of estimated viewers in the proper demo does.

Comment by Dys – January 15, 2014 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, Monday even has my 4 tuner dvr gasping…. and that’s WITH my catching a couple of things on rebroadcast such as Lost Girl….

Comment by John 1138 – January 15, 2014 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I want to see how Red and Victor Frankestein fall in love all over again. They were about the only couple I was looking forward to see together in Storybrook

Comment by Frankenwolf – January 15, 2014 03:44 PM PDT
        • tell that to Fringe! (i’m being mostly sarcastic. Fringe DID defy the odds, but it was also not on CBS)

Comment by cjeffery7 – January 15, 2014 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ratings-wise, it’s not doing so great. Even if the show is good, networks only care about the ratings.

Comment by kavyn – January 15, 2014 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sadly, good or not, Intelligence is predicted to be cancelled due to poor ratings. A network like CBS is not going to let it stick around long with the numbers it’s pulling.

Comment by Jenna – January 28, 2014 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WANT CINDERELLA!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Eli – January 15, 2014 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Cinderella is arguably the most well-known fairy tale character of all-time. I know there are a lot of fairy tale characters out there, but I’m shocked she doesn’t have a larger role on OUAT (I think she’s been in a total of, like, three episodes)!

Comment by Dan – January 15, 2014 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s pretty boring to me. To each etc. I want more Jefferson/Hatter.

Comment by Stormy – January 15, 2014 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amen!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – January 15, 2014 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, there’s not really much more to do with Cinderella. She is pretty boring. I’d love it too if Jefferson would come back and maybe they can figure out some way for Eion Bailey to come back as well. It was so disappointing that they made him a boy. I’m sure they’re creative enough to figure out how to make Pinocchio an adult again.

Comment by abz – January 15, 2014 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • GOD YES please more Jefferson (as soon as Sebastian is done with Captain America filming of course)

Comment by Laney – January 29, 2014 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well “Intelligence” is pretty much canceled.

Comment by omar – January 15, 2014 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s in a really tough time slot up against “Castle” and “Blacklist”. I know a lot of people like me who have to be at work pretty early so are in bed by 10:00 and DVR “Castle” and “Blacklist”. I went to On Demand and this week’s episode is only available through tomorrow, which makes no sense because CBS should have it up for at least seven days.

Comment by SAM – January 15, 2014 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how she doesn’t even pretend Intelligence is going to make it.

Comment by Et al – January 15, 2014 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right? Unfortunately…the writing is on the wall.

Comment by caliiangel – January 28, 2014 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s only two episodes in but I think Intelligence is not all that bad. Not as witty as Chuck but it’s supposed to be more serious anyway. Meghan and Josh Holloway are fun together!

Comment by Julie – January 15, 2014 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Intelligence cancelled this is the best news

Comment by Boiler – January 15, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her as Red!! <3 she's awesome.. i hope she comes back. I've watched Intelligence and i love it.

Comment by nina – January 15, 2014 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked the slow build Ruby had going on with Dr. Whale and I want to see if real-world-love could translate into fairytale-land-love with them. In other words, if a Doctor and a werewolf are into each other in Stroybrook what would happen to their love story when they come back to their fairytale?

Comment by Guest – January 15, 2014 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She would eat him like she did her last Enchanted Forest boyfriend

Comment by abcde – January 19, 2014 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But he’s going back to the Land Without Color isn’t he???

Comment by Laney – January 29, 2014 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But if you watch the promo for Season 3b, he’s back at his hospital with the new curse. How did the Wicked Witch know to bring him along is my question?

Comment by Cici – January 31, 2014 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’d need to have her actually do something. They MRJ and Emilie and their whole job is to just stand there.

Comment by xav – January 15, 2014 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *they HAVE MRJ and Emilie.
      Utilizing the actors they have is a big problem for OUAT

Comment by xav – January 15, 2014 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For sure, she pretty much indirectly said she left because they dropped the storyline they were planning on for Ruby. And I don’t blame her at all because what did she really do last season? Nothing except for those few episodes she worked with Charming. I hated seeing her leave though because I loved Ruby’s friendship with both Snow and Charming.

Comment by Addie – January 15, 2014 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Intelligence but I didn’t like Ruby’s sudden disappearance off of Once Upon a Time at all.

Comment by Leslie – January 15, 2014 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with you there.

Comment by SK – January 16, 2014 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Meghan Ory does go back for an episode of OUAT, I hope she gets a good plotline for that episode or more. She was made a regular for series 2, and she did *nothing* but babysit Henry when everyone else went off to murder each other. Such a waste of a good actress.

Comment by MM9 – January 15, 2014 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Capes are awesome that’s true.

Comment by John 1138 – January 15, 2014 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are people daft? Intelligence has had two episodes. One got very high ratings. The second, in its regular time slot, did not. That’s not coming anywhere close to “essentially cancelled”. Now sure, if ratings continue to go down from episode 2, it is fairly likely. But its far too early to say thats what will happen. Not sure what people have been drinking today.

Comment by ben – January 15, 2014 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A CBS show getting a 1.2 rating is a very bad sign, especially if it’s only the second episode and dropped 50% from it’s premiere. Even NBC gets better than 1.2 ratings.

Comment by kavyn – January 15, 2014 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwwww man I loved the shorts.

Comment by Tom Charles – January 15, 2014 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Kristen – January 15, 2014 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy for her getting her own show, and I’m loving Intelligence, BUT I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE RED COME BACK! She was always my favorite, I’ve missed her.

Comment by Jenjen – January 15, 2014 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me Too! She offered another level of compassion, magic & intelligence to the group. She is a fantastic actress, and Ruby adds depth to the plot-line. I also love how she, Snow & Charming had such a back history, as she was Snows true friend & ended up being the same for Charming. I am a person who gets along well with both men & woman, and have fantastic platonic relationships with guys (several whom are married); so I loved how the show gave Ruby & Charming the chance to be true friends without ANY thought to romance. Just because you’re a strong woman (and in her case stunning), does not mean you cannot be soft, compassionate, funny, a true friend, or out to break-up relationships. I loved how they fleshed out Ruby’s character until any glimpse of romance for her, as poor Emma is thrown together with which ever new handsome man walks into town. But the show had just started exploring a Ruby and Whale romance, and I would like to see more of that.

Comment by EL – January 16, 2014 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • happy to have her back in any capacity. And I completely support Ory in moving over to Intelligence; she’s talented and charismatic and OUAT didn’t give a lot of screentime. Perfect start for a young actress starting out however.

Comment by liz – January 15, 2014 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been rewatching season 1, and I’m falling for Ruby all over again. I hope the writers don’t take her character for granted if she does get to come back, even for an episode.

Comment by Mark – January 15, 2014 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to start by saying: Yay! Little Red’s coming back!! I’ve missed her! Then I would like to continue to the Intelligence world. The pilot was awful. I’m sorry, it was. The plot lines were thrown at the audience too quickly with not enough development (and did you notice how Riley went from hating Gabriel to telling him her darkest secret?), and half of them were solved within the same episode. And I don’t know why the new ‘cool thing’ is to give the audience a married man, pair him with a beautiful woman, and have him go to these crazy extremes for his wife. Not advocating adultery or even ‘shipping’ Riley and Gabriel. Just saying: why does Gabriel think it’s ok to try and save one woman when hundreds of lives are on the line? And FYI: Amelia’s a terrorist. Riley made a good move in saving Gabriel at the cost of Amelia’s life. Because that’s reality: not everyone gets redemption. For some, the only redemption they can find is in death. BUT I”M REALLY HAPPY THAT LITTLE RED”S COMING BACK!!!!!!!

Comment by Lia – January 16, 2014 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh. Kept watching this show intelligence to see if thst really was little red riding hood. Good for her. I loved once upon a time, but lost interest with the season of neverland. They need to give other characters major parts which they are not. I honestly only half watch thst shownow ( my daughter adores it) . Anyway intelligence seems ok. I could def watch more however the premise is way to similar with almost human on fox ( which I love) but since im staying awsy from reality t.v. (so over them all now) im finding interest in prime time series. I just hate getting engrossed into a show and then it gets cancelled. My line up #almost human, castle, agent of shields, psych, (slipping away from) once upon s time, now hopefully intelligence.

Comment by keeme – January 19, 2014 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve missed Red so much!!! I would be awesome to see her back but I LOVE Intelligence! She gets to do more on that show anyway so I hope it doesn’t flop. She deserves her big break because she is such a fantastic actress and OUAT did nothing with her character

Comment by cmcphee2013 – January 20, 2014 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Intelligence is a horrible show and I’m not surprised that it’s flopping, really.

Comment by Cici – February 8, 2014 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Intellegence show. This last weeks episode was best one yet. I do like seeing Red character on OUAT…both shows are good ..and Josh Holloway is always always gorgeous. If his shows cancelled i hope OUAT brings Josh on their show…ive been pulling for the writers to bring Josh on since the beginning of OUAT. (Loved him on Lost too) )

Comment by Linda – March 14, 2014 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post