Meghan Ory Happily Anticipates Once Upon a Time Return -- Especially If There's No [Spoiler]!

Once Upon a Time Ruby ReturnsAs excited as Meghan Ory may be about her possible return to Once Upon a Timewhere during Seasons 1 and 2 she played Ruby/Red Riding Hood-slash-The Wolf — the sartorial ramifications of ABC drama’s midseason twist have her especially jazzed.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

Appearing at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on behalf of CBS’ Intelligence, where she costars with Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger (and which recently wrapped production), Ory made clear that she is “not gone from Once [Upon a Time],” even though, due to scheduling conflicts, her character has yet to pop up in Season 3.

“Red Riding Hood just kind of disappeared into the mist,” the actress noted. “I’m told she will be back.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Midseason Finale Recap — Plus: The Wicked Witch Revealed!

Catching up with Ory after her TCA panel, TVLine asked if she was up to speed on the big twist uncorked at the end of Once’s midseason finale, in which all fairytale characters were sent back to from whence they came as Storybrooke blinked out of existence. She was not, being busy with Intelligence and all, so we looped her in.

With a big smile and a hearty laugh, she proceeded to ask about Storybrooke’s vanishing: “Does that mean I never have to wear my booty shorts again? Because that’d be awesome! That means that if I go back, I get to be Red Riding Hood and wear my cape again, which I love.”

Do you hope to see Red and/or Ruby back on Once?

Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. choco says:

I loved her character back on S1. I’d be cool to see her back. With Intelligence flopping, it might not take long.

After a very good midseason finale I’m cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season.

• CBWBDK1 says:

What are you talking about?? Intelligence is fantastic.

• Dys says:

Fantastic or not (I like it too), it flopped on Monday night. For a CBS show to have a good chance of renewal it needs to be like a 1.9 and above in the demo. It had a 1.1 on Monday and lost 10 million total viewers from it’s premier. Quality doesn’t keep a show going, quantity of estimated viewers in the proper demo does.

• John 1138 says:

Yes, Monday even has my 4 tuner dvr gasping…. and that’s WITH my catching a couple of things on rebroadcast such as Lost Girl….

• Frankenwolf says:

I want to see how Red and Victor Frankestein fall in love all over again. They were about the only couple I was looking forward to see together in Storybrook

• cjeffery7 says:

tell that to Fringe! (i’m being mostly sarcastic. Fringe DID defy the odds, but it was also not on CBS)

• kavyn says:

Ratings-wise, it’s not doing so great. Even if the show is good, networks only care about the ratings.

• Jenna says:

Sadly, good or not, Intelligence is predicted to be cancelled due to poor ratings. A network like CBS is not going to let it stick around long with the numbers it’s pulling.

2. Eli says:

I WANT CINDERELLA!!!!!!!!!

• Dan says:

I agree. Cinderella is arguably the most well-known fairy tale character of all-time. I know there are a lot of fairy tale characters out there, but I’m shocked she doesn’t have a larger role on OUAT (I think she’s been in a total of, like, three episodes)!

• Stormy says:

She’s pretty boring to me. To each etc. I want more Jefferson/Hatter.

• Magically Suspicious says:

Amen!

• abz says:

Yeah, there’s not really much more to do with Cinderella. She is pretty boring. I’d love it too if Jefferson would come back and maybe they can figure out some way for Eion Bailey to come back as well. It was so disappointing that they made him a boy. I’m sure they’re creative enough to figure out how to make Pinocchio an adult again.

• Laney says:

GOD YES please more Jefferson (as soon as Sebastian is done with Captain America filming of course)

3. omar says:

Well “Intelligence” is pretty much canceled.

• SAM says:

It’s in a really tough time slot up against “Castle” and “Blacklist”. I know a lot of people like me who have to be at work pretty early so are in bed by 10:00 and DVR “Castle” and “Blacklist”. I went to On Demand and this week’s episode is only available through tomorrow, which makes no sense because CBS should have it up for at least seven days.

4. Et al says:

I love how she doesn’t even pretend Intelligence is going to make it.

5. Julie says:

It’s only two episodes in but I think Intelligence is not all that bad. Not as witty as Chuck but it’s supposed to be more serious anyway. Meghan and Josh Holloway are fun together!

6. Boiler says:

If Intelligence cancelled this is the best news

7. nina says:

I love her as Red!! <3 she's awesome.. i hope she comes back. I've watched Intelligence and i love it.

• Guest says:

I liked the slow build Ruby had going on with Dr. Whale and I want to see if real-world-love could translate into fairytale-land-love with them. In other words, if a Doctor and a werewolf are into each other in Stroybrook what would happen to their love story when they come back to their fairytale?

8. xav says:

They’d need to have her actually do something. They MRJ and Emilie and their whole job is to just stand there.

• xav says:

*they HAVE MRJ and Emilie.
      Utilizing the actors they have is a big problem for OUAT

• Addie says:

For sure, she pretty much indirectly said she left because they dropped the storyline they were planning on for Ruby. And I don’t blame her at all because what did she really do last season? Nothing except for those few episodes she worked with Charming. I hated seeing her leave though because I loved Ruby’s friendship with both Snow and Charming.

9. Leslie says:

I really like Intelligence but I didn’t like Ruby’s sudden disappearance off of Once Upon a Time at all.

10. MM9 says:

If Meghan Ory does go back for an episode of OUAT, I hope she gets a good plotline for that episode or more. She was made a regular for series 2, and she did *nothing* but babysit Henry when everyone else went off to murder each other. Such a waste of a good actress.

11. John 1138 says:

Capes are awesome that’s true.

12. ben says:

Are people daft? Intelligence has had two episodes. One got very high ratings. The second, in its regular time slot, did not. That’s not coming anywhere close to “essentially cancelled”. Now sure, if ratings continue to go down from episode 2, it is fairly likely. But its far too early to say thats what will happen. Not sure what people have been drinking today.

• kavyn says:

A CBS show getting a 1.2 rating is a very bad sign, especially if it’s only the second episode and dropped 50% from it’s premiere. Even NBC gets better than 1.2 ratings.

13. Tom Charles says:

Awwwww man I loved the shorts.

14. Jenjen says:

I’m so happy for her getting her own show, and I’m loving Intelligence, BUT I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE RED COME BACK! She was always my favorite, I’ve missed her.

• EL says:

Me Too! She offered another level of compassion, magic & intelligence to the group. She is a fantastic actress, and Ruby adds depth to the plot-line. I also love how she, Snow & Charming had such a back history, as she was Snows true friend & ended up being the same for Charming. I am a person who gets along well with both men & woman, and have fantastic platonic relationships with guys (several whom are married); so I loved how the show gave Ruby & Charming the chance to be true friends without ANY thought to romance. Just because you’re a strong woman (and in her case stunning), does not mean you cannot be soft, compassionate, funny, a true friend, or out to break-up relationships. I loved how they fleshed out Ruby’s character until any glimpse of romance for her, as poor Emma is thrown together with which ever new handsome man walks into town. But the show had just started exploring a Ruby and Whale romance, and I would like to see more of that.

15. liz says:

happy to have her back in any capacity. And I completely support Ory in moving over to Intelligence; she’s talented and charismatic and OUAT didn’t give a lot of screentime. Perfect start for a young actress starting out however.

16. Mark says:

I’ve been rewatching season 1, and I’m falling for Ruby all over again. I hope the writers don’t take her character for granted if she does get to come back, even for an episode.

17. Lia says:

I’m going to start by saying: Yay! Little Red’s coming back!! I’ve missed her! Then I would like to continue to the Intelligence world. The pilot was awful. I’m sorry, it was. The plot lines were thrown at the audience too quickly with not enough development (and did you notice how Riley went from hating Gabriel to telling him her darkest secret?), and half of them were solved within the same episode. And I don’t know why the new ‘cool thing’ is to give the audience a married man, pair him with a beautiful woman, and have him go to these crazy extremes for his wife. Not advocating adultery or even ‘shipping’ Riley and Gabriel. Just saying: why does Gabriel think it’s ok to try and save one woman when hundreds of lives are on the line? And FYI: Amelia’s a terrorist. Riley made a good move in saving Gabriel at the cost of Amelia’s life. Because that’s reality: not everyone gets redemption. For some, the only redemption they can find is in death. BUT I”M REALLY HAPPY THAT LITTLE RED”S COMING BACK!!!!!!!

18. keeme says:

Ahhh. Kept watching this show intelligence to see if thst really was little red riding hood. Good for her. I loved once upon a time, but lost interest with the season of neverland. They need to give other characters major parts which they are not. I honestly only half watch thst shownow ( my daughter adores it) . Anyway intelligence seems ok. I could def watch more however the premise is way to similar with almost human on fox ( which I love) but since im staying awsy from reality t.v. (so over them all now) im finding interest in prime time series. I just hate getting engrossed into a show and then it gets cancelled. My line up #almost human, castle, agent of shields, psych, (slipping away from) once upon s time, now hopefully intelligence.

19. cmcphee2013 says:

I’ve missed Red so much!!! I would be awesome to see her back but I LOVE Intelligence! She gets to do more on that show anyway so I hope it doesn’t flop. She deserves her big break because she is such a fantastic actress and OUAT did nothing with her character

20. Cici says:

Intelligence is a horrible show and I’m not surprised that it’s flopping, really.

21. Linda says:

I really like Intellegence show. This last weeks episode was best one yet. I do like seeing Red character on OUAT…both shows are good ..and Josh Holloway is always always gorgeous. If his shows cancelled i hope OUAT brings Josh on their show…ive been pulling for the writers to bring Josh on since the beginning of OUAT. (Loved him on Lost too) )