Exclusive

About a Boy, Growing Up Fisher: Check Out Exclusive Key Art for NBC's Midseason Comedies

Somehow, a “future’s so bright, gotta wear shades” reference seems appropriate in conjunction with the promotional campaign for NBC’s new comedy About a Boy — but don’t take our word for it.

Indeed, we’ve got your exclusive first look at key art for Jason Katims’ small-screen adaptation of the popular Nick Hornby novel (and subsequent 2002 Hugh Grant film) as well as the Peacock net’s Growing Up Fisher. The latter  is a single-camera comedy that centers on a son (Eli Baker) who idolizes his blind father (J.K. Simmons) and enjoys his mom’s (Jenna Elfman) newfound adolescence after his folks divorce and, ultimately, grow closer.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

About a Boy is slated to premiere Friday, Feb. 21 (10:30/9:30c), following Olympics coverage, before its regular time-slot kickoff on Tuesday, Feb. 25 (9/8c) after The Voice.

RELATED | NBC Orders DC Comics’ Constantine and Mysteries of Laura Procedural Pilots

Growing Up Fisher will debut Sunday, Feb. 23 (10:30/9:30c), after the Olympics Closing Ceremonies, and then settle into its permanent spot on the NBC schedule starting Tuesday, Feb. 25 (9:30/8:30c)

Excited to check out these freshman comedies? Digging the key art for one or both? Sound off in the comments!

About a Boy Poster NBC

Growing Up Fisher Poster NBC

1. Beau Smith says:

Another mid-season David Walton show that will likely be cancelled after a few short weeks. Poor guy can’t catch a break…

• Young Matthew says:

Haha! I was thinking the same thing about J.K. Simmons.

• Eric says:

David Walton has had multiple shows cancelled during the first season, and no hit shows that I can think of. The only stinker I can remember J.K. Simmons having done in recent years is Family Tools, but he was coming off of The Closer, which ran for seven seasons. He’s been doing okay as far as I can tell.

• Hannah says:

Both Perfect Couples (with Walton) and Family Tools (with Simmons) got cancelled because of the lead, Kyle Bornheimer, who also killed other two sitcoms (Worst Week and Romantically Challenged). KB has also guest starred on Bent (starring again Walton): coincidentally no more episodes were made after that.
          It seems to me that this guy has some ancient Mayan curse attached to him, and Walton has only been collateral damage, so as long as they don’t work together again he’s fine.

• Zach says:

He also guest starred on Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother and The Office. 3 of the most successful shows of the 21st century.

2. Jenna says:

HaHa. Love the shades. About a Boy is a show I’m very much looking forward to; hope it doesn’t disappoint. I love seeing NBC on the rise. They’ve had to cancel some quality shows due to low ratings (Awake and Life come to mind), so I’m hoping some of their new shows fair better, like The Blacklist.

3. Xander says:

Snooze.

4. Eric says:

Jenna Elfman (1600 Penn, Accidentally on Purpose, Courting Alex) and David Walton (Bent, Perfect Couples, 100 Questions, Heist) don’t exactly have the best track records. Regardless, I’m extremely excited to see both of these shows, About A Boy in particular. I’m glad NBC gave them the coveted post-Voice slots, and hopefully viewers will stick around. Let’s give these long-neglected actors some hits for once.

5. Jared says:

David Walton is one of my favorite actors who just can’t seem to keep a series on the air. Definitely looking forward to About a Boy and The Voice lead in should give it some much needed exposure.

6. TV Gord says:

I enjoyed the pilot for Growing Up Fisher (before Jenna Elfman was brought in as the recast mom), and I enjoyed it. About A Boy has too many holes in its premise for my liking, especially the lead’s love interest had to be an idiot not to see through his lies. Unfortunately, I don’t see either of them lasting for the long haul.

7. Hannah says:

About a Boy has Katims and it’s known, beloved story, while GUF’s lead Parker Posey quit and has been replaced by a woman who to my knowledge is broadly despised by the public. Nbc needs to renew at least one new comedy and the first two tanked, so I am betting on the former.

8. Jake says:

These comedies have such a limited audience. Sean saves the world just needs to be seen, it’s their funniest new show in years

9. SEO says:

Hi there Dear, are you actually visiting this
    web site daily, if so then you will definitely obtain nice knowledge.