TVLine Items: Web Therapy Renewed, Revenge Actress Promoted, New Today Host? and More
Fiona Wallice is accepting clients for another season of Web Therapy.
Therapy‘s third season – which included guest appearances by Darren Criss (Glee), Mae Whitman (Parenthood) and Matt LeBlanc (Episodes) — wrapped in September. The new season’s premiere date is TBD.
Elsewhere in today’s TV news…
• Michael Cera (Arrested Development) and John Hawkes (Deadwood) will play the leads in the FX comedy pilot How and Why, FX CEO John Landgraf announced Tuesday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour. In the half-hour project written by Charlie Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Hawkes will play Goodman Hesselman, an anti-social genius who loses his job as a children’s science show host and must start over at a new studio in a much smaller market. Cera will take on the role of Mendelson, Hawkes’ character’s boss.
• Revenge has promoted Karine Vanasse to a series regular for Season 4, our sister site Deadline reports. Vanasse joined the ABC drama as French magazine editor Margaux at the start of the third season.
• Netflix is preparing to play a little Marco Polo. Per our sister site Deadline, the streaming video service in late 2014 will debut a nine-episode series based on the merchant’s travels. John Fucso (Young Guns) created and will executive-produce the historical drama, which is set in 13th century China and is described as having plenty of martial arts, sex, politics and battle scenes.
• Former Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, Taylor Swift, John Legend, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Kacey Musgraves and Keith Urban have been added to the rosters of performers at this year’s Grammy Awards, CBS announced Tuesday. The ceremony will air Sunday, Jan. 26, on CBS.
• NBC is eyeing Tamron Hall to co-host the third hour of Today alongside Natalie Morales, Willie Geist and Al Roker, TV Guide Magazine reports.
What TVLine Items have you talking today?Follow @kimroots