Mistresses Season 2 Exclusive: Love for Joss! Sex for April? Hot Mess-travaganza for Karen!

Get More: Exclusive, Spoilers

Mistresses Season 2 spoilersSummer may still be 158 days away (who’s counting?), but please enjoy a sudden spike in temperature courtesy of some intel about Season 2 of ABC’s addictive sudser Mistresses.

“This season is all about our ladies pushing the limits, testing their boundaries and discovering just how far they are willing to go for love,” teases executive producer Rina Mimoun. “For some of them, the answer is pretty f***ing far. And we’re introducing a bunch of new characters to help us explore these issues.”

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

Mimoun offered up spoilers on newcomers who’ll shake up the lives of April (Rochelle Aytes), Joss (Jes Macallan) and Karen (Yunjin Kim). (No word yet on emerging playmates for Alyssa Milano’s Savi, but considering she ended Season 1 pregnant and flatlining after a scary car crash, perhaps it’ll take an episode or three before she’s dialing 1-900-UP-THE-DRAMZ.)

DANIEL | Mimoun says this “sexy, smoldering artist” will get April to “open up…in more ways than one.” (Oh snap!) But the virtuous home-furnishings goddess will be faced with tough decisions when Daniel “turns out to be not who she thought,” leading to the realization that “she may be more sinner than saint, after all.”

RELATED | Pilot News: Brittany Snow Joins ABC Comedy An American Education

SCOTT | Brace yourselves for “The Nicest Guy Ever,” says the showrunner, who jokes that “we’ve been referring to him as Scott Wolf/Foley in the writers’ room.” But don’t get it twisted: Vanilla is apparently the new kinky, or so Joss will discover as she gets to know Scott better — leading her to teeter on the precipice of falling in love for the very first time. “This begs the question,” continues Mimoun, “how will she screw it up?”

MIA | Amazingly, it looks like Karen’s license to practice psychiatry will remain in tact despite sleeping with a dying patient, then bedding his mourning son, then getting into a physical altercation/shootout with his insane lush of a widow. Back in Dr. Kim’s minimalist office, we’ll meet Mia, “a new patient whose sexually deviant behavior gets our hot mess of a therapist into a whole new mess of problems,” Mimoun promises. “If you thought Karen had issues in Season 1, strap in…”

Excited about these Mistresses newbies? Any suggestions for casting? (I’ll go with The Fall‘s Ben Peel for Daniel, 666 Park Avenue‘s Robert Buckley for Scott, and Six Feet Under‘s Lauren Ambrose for Mia.) Hit the comments with your thoughts!

Comments (42)

• My favorite train wreck!

Comment by GeoDiva – January 14, 2014 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you Slezak for this delicious scoop. Please do post about Mistresses from time to time. We need as many new viewers as we can get.
      Go Mistresses!

Comment by Leo – January 15, 2014 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the ratings for this show was in the toilet. Why a season 2?

Comment by Lena – January 14, 2014 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It never had fabulous ratings but had steady “good” ratings especially for a summer show.

Comment by Nerwen Aldarion – January 14, 2014 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of Of course it it must have a season 2 n more. I especially would like to know that savi ends up with Dan
      WHich will make romantic n dramatic

Comment by onika – April 3, 2014 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alright, cannot wait!

Comment by LaLa – January 14, 2014 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • glad to read some casting scoop on this show, can’t wait till it returns!
    but as for april… what about richard? you’re telling me she gave up this man she liked for her scum of a husband, and now she’s just gonna runs traight into the arms of ANOTHER man? i liked richard!

Comment by Dominique – January 14, 2014 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • April is very conservative when it comes to sex. She doesn’t just jump into bed with every man she meets. You have to remember, Paul was her first ever, they had been together since high school! And with Richard, she was very reluctant and slow because he was only her second, she had only ever been with Paul. She broke it off with Richard because there were no fireworks after she learned Paul was alive. And she dumped Paul because when Miranda called her, pouting that Paul hadn’t even bothered to call Scotty in days, she realized that she couldn’t let Scotty go through what Lucy did losing Paul. So, I hope she does loosen up a little in Sea on 2 and let herself be loved by someone.

Comment by camjeff – March 9, 2014 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my… That sounds great.

Can’t wait!

Comment by M. – January 14, 2014 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ratings have remained solid even though its a summer soap. It won’t get a full 22 eps. So 13 works just fine. Its had amazing word of twitter mouth and people are talking about it. Its already been sold to so many countries so its good.
    I hope Savi makes it out ok.

I was also shocked ABC renewed the woman lead ensemble show and I’m glad.

I also don’t want to see the lesbian, the french man, the dead ex husband and the psychopath wife.

Comment by shuayb – January 14, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you’re going to get your wish on all those characters you DON’T want to see. I don’t think any of them will be in season 2. Well, maybe the psycho widow at the very beginning since the season 1finale ended with her, Karen and Sam struggling over a gun, it discharging a d blood splattering.

Comment by camjeff – March 9, 2014 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait to see what amazingly awful decisions Karen Kim makes this year.

Comment by Dizzle – January 14, 2014 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha, I have to say that even with all the stupendously idiotic decisions she tends to make, I LOVE me some Karen. She’s literally a walking train wreck. Or, maybe more precisely, a dear caught in headlights as played by the always-looks-like-a-dear-caught-in-headlights Yunjin Kim(I know, she gets all kinds of hate EVERYWHERE but I love her as Karen).

Comment by ChrisGa – January 14, 2014 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *deer caught in head lights–sorry!

Comment by ChrisGa – January 14, 2014 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I love me some Karen too. I once said, “Crap, I just pulled a Karen Kim!” and my friend caught on that I watch Mistresses. Ha!

Comment by Leo – January 15, 2014 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG…cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lisa Julia – January 14, 2014 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if ABC should repeat Season 1 in lieu of the dismal returns it has for KILLER WOMEN, BETRAYAL, THE ASSETS… It may be a good thing to do Fridays or Saturdays late winter or spring. Build up the excitement?

Comment by Iakovos – January 14, 2014 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great idea!!! Run it on Fridays or Saturdays (gals can Dvr it too) to catch up and create some hype for the summer! Is it weird that I’ve enjoyed many if the summer shows much more than the fall offerings???

Comment by Saabgirlatx – January 14, 2014 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I know Savi will have a miscarriage at the beginning of season 2, and I believe that Harry and Dom are going to be ending up killing each other fighting for Savi, personally I don’t like Dom.

Comment by Dontryl Alexander – January 14, 2014 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Jesus, Poor Karen, she has no time for love because of all the drama she gets herself into. She is the Queen of Hot Messes.

Comment by Kaycee – January 14, 2014 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!!!! I can not wait for this show! This is one of the best dramas on tv right now! I love the idea that ABC should air the repeats late winter/spring so people can catch up and give the show some “in-season” exposure. Matter of fact with ABC currently airing so many duds right now they should consider starting season 2 in late April/beginning of May.

Comment by Ram510 – January 14, 2014 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, this show should have a full season, same with Rookie Blue! IMO!

Comment by sarah – January 15, 2014 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Daniel, Agents of Shield is not doing as well as they expected so I would like to see him back on Mistresses. I guess that will not happen.
    I think I like the idea of Joss getting a long term love interest.
    I still have hopes for Savi and Harry.

Comment by sarah – January 15, 2014 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see lauren ambrose with adam kaufman from the hallmark movie loving leah on the show together has a couple

Comment by bea – January 17, 2014 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, love Savi,best of Charmed. Need to see Dru from Buffy the Vampire Slayer on this Show or something. ABC cancels too many shows without a true (calling) chance. BETRAYL. THANK GOD FOR SCANDAL!!!!!

Comment by Duan Cato – January 22, 2014 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should bring in Stuart Townsend, that man was HOT in Betrayal.

Comment by Nikki – February 14, 2014 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Savi to remain with Harry pls in season 2, I see Dom as a distraction for her. I also wish April to stay with Richard, Paul is not to be considered at all.

Comment by Moyo Thomas – February 15, 2014 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to seeing again. Very different and exciting to watch, sis and I enjoy a lot please don’t cancel.

Comment by jackie milton – February 21, 2014 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait. My 3 sisters and I loved this show and we have watched the last season over and over where we taped it last year. LOL. Should I tell you that we are all over 60 yrs. old?

Comment by Belle – February 21, 2014 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually like Dom, more than Harry! Where I understand he was hurt.. he just kept pushing her towards him and i think it wouldnt be so bad if she ended up with him. Sad she is gonna lose the baby, but I guess whoever she ends up with they can start fresh.

Comment by Diane – March 3, 2014 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like Dom. & if savi ended up with him it would make it dramatic and exciting

Comment by atupele – March 6, 2014 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just finished watching the entire season 1 on Hulu plus and wish I would’ve made it last longer because it’s still 4 more months before season 2 debuts. I can’t wait

Comment by camjeff – March 9, 2014 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait till the return of this show.

Comment by Terea – March 10, 2014 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant wait for the new season! I hope that good things happen for Savi because the first season she had all this guilt. I hope April has the time of her life because she deserves it, and Karen… I am not sure… There needs to be more… However, I do want to see Joss be the same! I love her “can do, down for anything” attitude.

Comment by Sara Adelmeyer – March 11, 2014 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does it come back on for season 2?

Comment by Fan – March 12, 2014 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. I’m so looking forward to Season 2!!!!

Comment by Elizabeth – March 16, 2014 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when is season 2 coming out …

Comment by ashley – March 19, 2014 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched the whole season less than one week. I absolutely love this show. I can’t wait for season 2. I want savi with Dom. Like totally cried at the end.

Comment by Monique – March 19, 2014 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve now watched the entire season 2 times and am considering watching it a 3rd because during the 2nd viewing, I caught lots of things I missed the first time. :)

Comment by camjeff – March 20, 2014 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PS- the first time I watched the whole season, I did it in 3 days- LOL. My husband kept begging me to make food for him, and i kept agreeing, but it never got done.

Comment by camjeff – March 20, 2014 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOOOOO excited Mistresses is coming back on. I have not watched anything faithfully since this went off the air.

Comment by Jenny – March 22, 2014 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely want to see some latinos in the series this season.

Comment by Lina – March 23, 2014 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post