Fox Announces Spring Premiere Dates for 24: Live Another Day, Surviving Jack and More

Get More: Scheduling News

24 Live Another Day Kim RaverJack Bauer’s latest day from hell will commence this May.

Fox announced Monday that its 12-episode event series, 24: Live Another Day, will premiere with a special two-hour episode on Monday, May 5, before settling into its regular Monday-at-9/8c time period on Monday, May 12.

RELATED | Chuck Fave Boards 24: Live Another Day

24: LAD will find Kiefer Sutherland’s clock-watcher attempting to thwart an unthinkable terrorist attack in London (where the series will be set).

In other Fox scheduling news, Chris Meloni’s new comedy Surviving Jack will bow Thursday, March 27 at 8:30/7:30c following the American Idol results show, while rookie drama Gang Related will premiere Tuesday, May 20 following Part One of the two-night Idol finale.

Comments (26)

• Woohoo! 24 is back. Hopefully its as good as the earlier seasons.

Comment by L – January 13, 2014 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s a joke about the missing 12 hrs in 24 being a result of the season taking place in London this time.

I hope it’s enough of a hit that it inspires Fox to bring the show back properly.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 13, 2014 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it does well enough, I would think another 12 episode season is a sure thing and it might even premiere earlier than May 2015. 24 episodes is not going to happen and that seems like a good thing IMO.

Comment by johnhelvete – January 13, 2014 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on iwatch2much and commented:
    YESSSSSSS 24!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Comment by nguber – January 13, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait for us & them to premiere!

Comment by John – January 13, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always a huge 24 fan and I cannot wait to tune in on May 5th (cinco de Mayo). IN BAUER WE TRUST

Comment by Tran 2.0 – January 13, 2014 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may have to re-watch all previous seasons of 24, yet again, to get ready for the new season in May. I am pumped!! Woo Hoo!!

Comment by Dick Whitman – January 13, 2014 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im excited about seeing Surviving Jack and Gang Related. Surprised at the late premiere for Gang Related as it doesn’t seem like much of a summer show to me.

Comment by Ally Oop – January 13, 2014 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo Surviving Jack!
    I suppose FOX doesn’t have much confidence in Gang Related since they’re holding it until summer time to burn off…

Comment by Will – January 13, 2014 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Dads and Mindy stay in their slots when the vastly greater shows of Enlisted and Raising Hope die on Fridays? Idiots at Fox.

Comment by David4 – January 13, 2014 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still no air date for Wayward Pines?

Comment by n8ball78 – January 13, 2014 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hadn’t watched 24 since season 5 I think, but I’m excited for it to come back. I’ll definitely be checking it out, even if I’ve missed quite a bit.

Comment by Mikael – January 13, 2014 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has Carlos Bernard been cast yet?

Comment by RichieS – January 13, 2014 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All but confirmed at the moment, at least it is looking like, as David Fury has been teasing on twitter how the crew were having lunch with him. But could be blowing smoke to get people to watch.

Comment by Pat – January 13, 2014 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is the cast finally completed & has production started?

Comment by James Jackson – January 13, 2014 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Us & Them? I know they pretty much cancelled it, but still hoping for at least a couple of episodes.

Comment by James – January 13, 2014 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, they swapped the calendar around and now May comes after January, right?

*sigh* Okay, fine…I’ll accept 24 is so many months away.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – January 13, 2014 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So essentially it is a summer show. I hope it does well, but does not compete with any of my other summertime guilty pleasures.

Comment by Gerald – January 13, 2014 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 24!!!! :)

Comment by josh – February 1, 2014 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JACK BAUER IS THE MUTHAF@#$#N MAN!!! this will be the show of the summer. MUST WATCH TV!!

Comment by june – February 2, 2014 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh men,may 5 is taking forever!

Comment by moses – February 9, 2014 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • will be throwing all my money on itunes to get this season pass. CAN NOT WAIT!

Comment by Jack24FTW – February 20, 2014 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now we are talking. Why did it take u guys so long to bring it back. Iam really happy. 24 here I wait. Thanks.

Comment by Lord Nnaemeka – April 6, 2014 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 24 is back! Life is GOOD!

Comment by Z H – April 6, 2014 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i month to go n jack comes back alive….its been soo long…… i stated the last seasons al over again now am on season 7 bt kam may 5th al be done n waiting foooorrrr theeeeeeee neeeeeeeeew 24 THE JACK’S RETURN

Comment by Senetor Mo Faya – April 16, 2014 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post