Orphan Black Season 2 Scoop: Sarah and Felix on the Outs, Alison's 'Explosions' and More

Orphan Black Season 2 SpoilersThere’s trouble brewing between Orphan Black‘s close-knit “siblings.”

As Season 2 delves deeper into what makes Felix tick, the bond between Sarah and her foster bro will begin to fray, the show’s cast and creator revealed Saturday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif.

RELATED | Orphan Black Books Michelle Forbes for Arc

“Season 1, Felix was very much an integral cog in the mystery,” said his protrayer Jordan Garavis. “What Season 2 helps to do is establish Felix outside of the clones, as an individual, with his own identity, and not just a plot device or to facilitate” Sarah’s story.

As a result, while Felix has always been there for her in the past, “his relationship with Sarah is tested,” teased Orphan creator Graeme Manson, before hinting that he will forge “new friendships and allegiances with other clones.”

Read on for more scoop on Cosima’s future, Alison’s “explosions” and more:

ON THE RUN | The panel kicked off with a sneak peek at Season 2’s breakneck opening sequence, which features Sarah frantically running in the rain as she leaves Felix a message, exclaiming, “They took Kira and Mrs. S!” She finds shelter in a diner and contacts Paul, but it’s Rachel who returns the call. (Hmm, something shady seems to be going on with Hot Paul and the pro-clone, who remarks that he’s the only one who knows what makes Sarah tick.) Then a pair of mysterious new bad guys enter the diner, talking about… eggs and chickens. We’ll just let you ponder that one until the show’s premiere on April 19.

VIDEO | Orphan Black: First Season 2 Teaser

BIO HAZARD | Science nerd Cosima will be “facing her mortality” and “science gone wrong,” shared Tatiana Maslany. “It’s hard because she’s my favorite clone,” added Manson. “We’re putting her in this really heartbreaking position. She’s almost as brave as Sarah in a lot of ways. Narratively, examining her illness and looking into her science is part of our mystery.”

SUBURBAN CHAOS | Alison is “a tense person to begin with,” described Manson. “The secret that she’s keeping [about Aynsley’s death] is going to eat at her in an interesting way. She’s got some explosions coming up.”

TAKING CHANCES | The producers aren’t resting on their laurels in Season 2. “We are going to take some risks with our premise, and we are going push, technically, what we’ve done in the first season,” teased Manson.

1. GeoDiva says:

This is the one show I am most excited about! April 19 can’t come soon enough!

2. Mik says:

It’s so weird, I’m like “wait why is Tatiana commenting on Cosima?” and then I realise she’s playing her and not just Sarah. I just see a completely different actress when I think of Cosima, and Alison too. I hope Tatiana wins that Golden Globe Sunday, she so deserves it!

And thanks for the info on season 2, I’m excited for it to begin!

3. Quentin says:

^^^ OMG I agree LOL! Sometimes I feel like they are all different actresses. I adore TM I really hope she takes the Globes and then next year the Emmy’s will have no choice but to take notice! I have a feeling they’ll have no choice anyway with the uproar.

4. Geo says:

The show has such great twists on its own, but one I’d love to see (perhaps near the very end of a season finale) is the revelation of a Felix clone. Maybe Sarah and Felix ending up as foster siblings isn’t so random? Anyway, can’t wait for Season 2.

• Theo says:

A different site mentioned that the producers said that they won’t do that in the “near future” because of the rich and multi-layered characters that they already have at their disposal. He didn’t rule out the chance but he just said not soon.

5. m says:

Just finished all episodes last night I had to know what the buzz was all about snd so glad i did. I started watching with low expectations and i couldn’t stop after the 1st epidode.

6. with Tatiana Maslany winning the Golden Globe, BBC America should move this show to Sundays. One of the best hours of TV I’ve ever seen! Go Orphan Black! Go Tatiana!

7. geekymoney says:

Perhaps I’m alone in thinking this way, but I don’t see what’s so wrong about Felix being there to “facilitate Sarah’s story”. Sure, from an actor’s point of view I get where Jordan is coming from but at the end of the day supporting characters are there to support. This is one of the few shows where I like pretty much all the secondary characters (except Paul) and I believe a big part of that is the joy of watching Tatiana have all these unique dynamics with them. The woman has chemistry with everyone. Otherwise, I’m not really interested in Felix’s solo adventures even though I love the character. I’m here for the clones first and foremost.

Also don’t feel there’s a need for another set of clones played by someone else somewhere down the line. Make a spin-off if they want to do that and keep the core of ORPHAN Black as it is.

• Shutupmeg says:

Cause supporting characters do NOTHING and the actor gets criticized for not doing much. That’s why. Buffy did it best, they had Buffy as the main character but the other characters had their own stories and love interests.

• Shutupmeg says:

Oh and just because YOU may not be interested in Felix’s adventures doesn’t mean Felix should be a one dimensional, non interesting character.

I think I will stay away from fans like you. It’s like Peter Bishop all over again. It’s like supporting characters can’t do a darn thing or have an identity outside of being the best friend.

Ugh. Bye.

• geekymonkey says:

You don’t have to agree with me but there’s no need to get so worked up over what I think. You also don’t have to make stuff up. Like who is criticizing Jordan or calling Felix one dimensional and uninteresting? Everyone loves Felix! YOU stay away from me, please. You seem unstable.

• Francine says:

I would be fine with Felix getting more of his own storyline but at the same time, I would also be fine with things staying the way they are (since they work so good already). And geekymonkey, there was nothing qr

• Francine says:

To finish that- there was nothing wrong with your post. Someone was taking it way too personally for no reason at all.

• geekymonkey says:

Yes, @Francine. S2 could turn out to be more of the same and I would be perfectly fine with that. There was absolutely no filler in S1 and I loved the pace, I’m just a little worried about the addition of side stories this season taking away from that and slowing things down a bit. Not denying Felix would be enjoyable to watch on his own, just that it wouldn’t be part of the main main plot whereas nothing in S1 felt irrelevant in any way.

Insanely excited for S2 either way.

8. Jackie says:

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑THIS↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

9. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Noooooooooo! I like Sarah and Felix and i don’t want to see the two going at it……but i get where felix is coming from. Second they BETTER not kill off cosima after seeing her coughing up blood like the german clone i knew she was in trouble. So whatever the problem is hopefully there’s a cure. Can’t wait for April 19th!