Orphan Black Books Michelle Forbes for Arc

Orphan Black Michelle ForbesOrphan Black just upped its badass quotient.

Michelle Forbes, who recently wrapped up a stint on NBC’s Chicago Fire, is joining the BBC America hit in Season 2 for multiple episodes, the network confirmed Saturday at the Television Critics Assoc. winter press tour in Pasadena.

VIDEO | Orphan Black: First Season 2 Teaser

Forbes will play Marian Bowles, a powerful new player at the Dyad Institute with a birds-eye view on the war between Sarah and Rachel.

Other Season 2 additions include Michiel Huisman (Nashville), Peter Outerbridge (Nikita) and Ari Millen (Rookie Blue, Nikita).

Orphan Black returns Sunday, April 19.

1. Ray says:

Never seen Orphan Black because I don’t receive BBC America but Michelle Forbes is my all time favorite villain on True Blood, playing a character named Maryann no less.

Now I will just have to find a way to tune in!

2. I love Orphan Black. I’m still not completely convinced that Tatiana is just one girl. She is so incredible with each of the characters. I think I remember this chick from True Blood before I stopped watching it.

3. Mel says:

Yes!! This makes me very happy. Big Michelle Forbes fan since Homicide:Life on the Streets. This could be good. Thanks for the spoilage.

4. Sam says:

Clone birth mother? She looks a lot like Maslany.

Also, great casting. Michelle Forbes can turn even mediocrity into a delight (if someone else played Maryanne, it could have been a disaster), so I’m excited to see what she does on a show deserving of her talents.

5. Aimee says:

OMG! I think I just wet my pants I’m so excited!! :-)

6. LDSK says:

Holy Cr@p that’s awesome news! Love her!

7. Dav says:

I didn’t think Orphan Black could get any better. I was wrong.

8. Mik says:

Yes!! That’s amazing! I’m so happy Michelle and OB found each other! :)

9. April says:

Fantastic!!! I’ve been a fan of her since Star Trek. Go Ensign Ro!

10. Amanda says:

This is great!!! Michelle is such a great actress and it has me wondering too if she’s the clones’ birth mother.

11. Leigh says:

It’s like the creators of Orphan Black are giant genre fans and are concocting the perfect sci-fi show; Michelle Forbes is the exact right ingredient – only adds, doesn’t detract – for this already awesome story.

12. Allen says:

She was also terrific in The Killing…I will never forget that scene in the bedroom when she finds out who the killer is

13. Diz says:

She’s nasty… in a good way :-)

14. Gary says:

Way too many new characters. There’s barely enough screen time for the characters already established. I hope this doesn’t become another Heroes.

15. Quentin says:

^^^ Why do people always judge stuff before they even seen it? SMH you make judgement before the season has even premiered. (And please this show is light years ahead of Heroes it seems they actually have a plan on what’s going to happen) They had a relatively small cast imo in the first season so adding more characters could only advance the universe. Now onto this casting! Yes Maryanne is coming to Orphan Black. I loved her on True Blood. I’m just watching the Killing and noticed her on their too. Anyways I love her she’s a fierce actress and I’m sure that she’ll slay this role.

Good luck TM at the Globes I’m rooting for her and Kerry Washington. I’m torn on both of them on should win LOL!

• Gary says:

WTF are you talking about? We have 3 main clones and only one that is fully developed. And I don’t know what rock you live under but people constantly ask for more Alison and Cosima screentime. We have Felix, Art, Paul, Mrs. S and Vic. Those are the main credits characters. We also have key players like Delphine, Leekie, Donnie, Kira and that annoying ass cop D’Angelis. And then there is Rachel. And we had Helena in the first season, too. Now they are supposedly adding another clone or two and 3-5 recurring characters? Yes, I’m judging it before I’m seeing it because I love the show. And Heroes was fantastic in its first season. They didn’t have a Tatiana Maslany, but the show was a powerful ensemble that got nominated for awards (which OB did not).

16. Carlos Alvarez says:

Loved her since she was on Star Trek TNG as Ensign Ro and then on True Blood,The Killing and most recently Chicago Fire. She plays an awesome villian

17. yay says:

Good, another female actress. We kinda only really have the one. (ok, I”m exagerating, but it’s always funny when they show the actor names at the beginning of the episodes and they show Tatiana’s name and then like 8 guys.) Return to us soon, Orphan Black!

18. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for
    you? Plz reply as I’m looking to construct my own blog and would like to
    know where u got this from. appreciate it