NBC Announces Midseason Premiere Dates, About a Boy and Believe Nab Voice Lead-In

NBC Midseason Schedule 2014NBC is singing About a Boy‘s tune: The network has scheduled the Minnie Driver-starring comedy in the plum, post-Voice 9 pm slot on Tuesdays.

Many of the offerings on the Peacock Net’s midseason schedule, which was released Friday, will have their official premieres during the network’s coverage of the 2014 Winter Olympics and then settle into their time slots in the following weeks. This is true of Jason Katim’s Boy, which formally bows at 10:30/9:30c on Friday, Feb. 21 and debuts on its regular time and day on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 9 pm.

RELATED | Zoe Saldana Cast in NBC’s Rosemary’s Baby

Also getting their starts this winter are the comedy Growing Up Fisher, starring Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg) and J.K. Simmons (The Closer); the drama Believe, from Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men), J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk (Fringe) — which also gets a post-Voice Monday boost; and the international thriller Crisis, starring Dermot Mulroney (New Girl) and Gillian Anderson (The X-Files).

Scroll down for a full list of premiere and time-slot premiere dates:

FRIDAY, FEB. 21

10:30 pm About a Boy series premiere, following Olympics coverage

SUNDAY, FEB. 23

10:3om pm Growing Up Fisher series premiere, following Olympics Closing Ceremonies

TUESDAY, FEB. 25

9 pm About a Boy time-slot premiere, following The Voice

9: 30 pm Growing Up Fisher time-slot premiere

MONDAY, MARCH 10

10 pm Believe series premiere, following The Voice

SUNDAY, MARCH 16

9 pm Believe time-slot premiere

10 pm Crisis series premiere

1. a_lex89 says:

Oh, NBC. Why would you wait so long to premiere CRISIS and BELIEVE? Should’ve aired the day AFTER the closing ceremony and not a few weeks later… It’s good to finally have a premiere date though.

2. Daniel says:

Crisis is not getting a Voice lead-in. The title and the info in the article contradict each other.

3. Jenna says:

Looking forward to About a Boy, and the always captivating Gillian Anderson (in Crisis).
    I tend to root for the underdog, so I’ve been cheering NBC on, hoping they would come up with good shows and get back in the game. They are having some success now, and I see several here that look promising.

4. Monica says:

Any news on The Night Shift?

5. greysfan says:

So i suppose its safe to say NBC has no confidence in Believe and Crisis by putting them on Sunday. I mean Sunday is the hardest night to break. I want to be wrong about this because i like the premise of both series but the fact that they don’t even get an Olympic Games airing proves that. I just worry because i’ve seen it happen year in year out with NBC.

• Austin says:

No, NBC is trying to build Sunday with strong shows so they are taking a long shot with unique shows (with the exception of Crisis which seems pretty similar to Hostages).

6. Fernando says:

I just hope Crisis doesn’t hurt Revenge on it’s new time slot

7. Will says:

OK… are these the only midseason shows premiering? Won’t their Thursday night line-up run out of new episodes well before May at the rate they’re been airing them?

8. Mark says:

What happened to UnDateable?

9. Sophonisbe says:

The photo looks very much like the movie…

10. Tran 2.0 says:

So excited for Believe & Crisis come March 16th. NBC better have high hopes on Sunday nights.

11. Ally Oop says:

I am most excited about Believe and About a Boy but will check out Crisis. What I’m most excited about is the as-yet unscheduled Crossbones and The Nightshift.

12. Dr. M says:

I’m always confused by these sort of ‘previews’. Are they airing the first episodes twice or is the preview the first episode and then episode 2 is the first on the regular day?

13. rochie says:

I’m excited to see Believe to see Jamie Chung. I don’t like it’ll be on with my Walking Dead! Hope they change it to 10.

14. regina tinoisamoa says:

Watched the premiere of Believe and LOVED IT!! I have been waiting for it to come on the moment i seen the preview…Like to say Thanks for showing another interesting,exciting t.v show.. I Believe this show will get the best ratings,i love it SOOO MUCH! Really, I’m hooked.I’m waiting for it to come on tonight and the anticipation is killing me… :-)

15. regina tinoisamoa says:

Today is my 24th birthday,so Its a lovely birthday present too!. :-)

16. Linda says:

I think Crisis and Believe are wonderful! It is nice to have shows that are different and full of suspense that don’t have to do with vampires and dead people. It is hard for anyone new to start watching them now though because they wouldn’t know what is going on. But please don’t give up on them!!!!

17. Mike ferrell says:

Its trifling to not let your viewers finish off the season of a show that I personally enjoy and want to see what happens and the fact that you’re getting rid of mixology and keeping Goldberg just shows tell whoever is running things over there needs to be cancelled I don’t think I’m going to be watching your channel anymore to leave people hanging like that is just trifling and very unprofessional and doesn’t make any sense to me at all