Glee's 100th: Chace Crawford, Gywneth Patrow and More to Appear - What Will They Sing?

Glee 100th Episode SpoilersGleeks, prepare to say ¡Hola clase! to some old pals — and a new one.

Chace Crawford, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kristin Chenoweth are joining the growing list of stars who’ll be on hand for the Fox musical dramedy’s two-part 100th episode, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Paltrow’s Holly Holiday, substitute teacher and former romantic interest of Matthew Morrison’s Will Schuester, is reportedly in talks to reprise the role that won her an Emmy in 2011.

RELATED | Ryan Murphy Details His Plan for Glee‘s Very Final Scene — And It Already Has Aired

During the milestone episode — which will air Glee 100th Episode Spoilerson March 18 and 25 — Sue Sylvester successfully shuts down New Directions, leading to Mr. Schue’s departure. A host of original cast members and guest stars will return to bid Morrison’s character goodbye, among them Dianna Agron, Heather Morris, Amber Riley, Harry Shum Jr. and Mark Salling.

Chenoweth, who took home an Emmy for her portrayal of former glee-club hotshot April Rhodes, also will return for the farewell (though Morrison is not leaving the show). Show boss Ryan Murphy tweeted the news Wednesday.

Gossip Girl alum Crawford will play “kind of a Yalie degenerate” who’s involved with Agron’s Quinn, E! Online reports.

The episodes that immediately follow will focus on the show’s New York City contingent, including Lea Michele’s Rachel and Chris Colfer’s Kurt.

THR reports that the show’s creative team is still shaping the rest of Season 5.

RELATED | Exclusive: Glee Casts Skylar Astin in ‘Explosive’ Role

So what’ll the super-sized cast sing for the big occasion? The folks at mjsbigblog recently posted a list of songs and who’ll perform them (see below), noting that info about a final song featuring Holly hasn’t yet been released.

Pink’s “Raise Your Glass” — Will and April

“Defying Gravity” from Wicked– Rachel, Kurt and Mercedes

The Zutons’ “Valerie” — Santana and Brittany

Avril Lavigne’s “Keep Holding On” — Puck

Britney Spears’ “Toxic” — Quinn, Brittany and Santana

Florence + the Machine’s “Dog Days Are Over” — Holly and New Directions

Got thoughts about Glee‘s 100th? Sound off in the comments!

1. A says:

So they lose Nationals, basically.

2. “kind of a Yalie degenerate” Yale

3. Amy says:

The most exciting thing for me is the talk of NY episodes after that. I’m actually excited to see those. I’m just afraid it will be temporary and the boring mess that is Lima will return.

• Ge says:

Actually, the NY shift seems off after saying goodbye to the Glee club although it was a rather brilliant idea to conclude the Lima plot somehow. I don’t like the NY side one bit. Colfer is overrated and Michelle is old news. Can’t wait till the ratings sink! :)

• Sil says:

Maybe for you and your opnion. But, for me and my opinion, Lima stinks and there is no talent, no acting ability. I stopped watching Bland Blaine mid season 4. Besides, Finn was the reason to watch for me, I wanted to see him reach his dreams. Now, that won’t happen. The only other characters who interest me are Santana, Kurt and Rachel. Puck and Artie are next. The 100th episode will be the only episode that interests me right now. I couldn’t careless about Nationals.

Rachel has already reached her dream. Starring role on Broadway. Kurt and Blaine are already engaged even though they hadn’t reunited yet. Two Glee screwups IMO. Too soon. Especially if they have a so called guarranteed season 6. What do they have to tell? Glee went to far this season, IMO. Not interesting. I don’t care for Lima at all, but if I watch Glee it will only be for NY. And it better be better than what it had season 4 and the little of it so far of season 5. I have watched only 2 episodes this season as of yet. Nothing is worth watching IMO. The Quarterback was moving and touching. It showed me that Glee can write quality and emotional content. They have shown me they can in the past write humorous episodes with a message. So far this season, IMO, what little I have seen has been a disappointment.

4. Pedro says:

At this point I don’t care if they lose or win Nationals. I want them to move full time no New York, focus on Rachel, Kurt and Santana, maybe bring Quinn, Puck back and a few from the Lima side. Drop the highschool, it’s getting repetitive. Move on to their lifes after highschool, there’s so much to explore besides cheating and pregnancies, god.
    I do honestly hope they bring Quinn back for good, her character gave something to the show that it lacks right now. Her scenes with Santana, Rachel or Kurt used to be so good! I can see potential here. And please, if you’re introducing her a new love interesting, make it actually interesting and worthy, having it for 2 episodes and never bothering to have it again makes no sense. If not, then create a good path for her and Sam to have a happy ending, they used to make each other’s characters better.

5. Ashley says:

Can we talk about this for a second “Britney Spears’ “Toxic” — Quinn, Brittany and Santana” … wondering if Brit finds out about the whole Quintana hook up.

• Pedro says:

I heard it was about Quinn’s new love interest, him being the Toxic. As always, bad love stories for Quinn!
      Your theory makes sense too, even though at this point I don’t see them using Brittana considering HeMo isn’t on glee anymore.

6. jasie says:

All these guests and they can’t bring back Jessalyn Gilsig’s Terri? I don’t get. She could have made for an interesting return.

7. Ross says:

No Don’t Stop Believin’?! No idea how some of these songs won that poll…

• Claire says:

A lot of fans didn’t vote for their actual all-time favorites out of fear that they would be performed by the new kids.

• abz says:

They’ve already done Don’t Stop Believin’ on the show three times in three different episodes. There’s really no need for a fourth time unless maybe in the series finale they want to do it one last time again with all the originals.

8. Fernanda says:

the viewers from the people choice awards has spoken, people love Rachel, Santana and Kurt, not BLAM or other characters, gleeks audience wants to move to NY. Glee 100th should be the end of an era in Ohio. By the way, there a lot of songs that should be in the episode, so sad “Lean on Me” isn’t it.

9. TB says:

Not excited for the 100th. No Finn no Glee. Blam in NYC, horrible idea.

• Scott says:

Just how would you expect them to bring back Finn? This show isn’t the Walking Dead..although some other commentors may beg to differ with that…

10. sophie says:

Awww I hope Chace will bring a little bit of ”Natefusion” back :)
    He and Dianna are both extremely good looking, I hope they have good chemistry.
    Not watching this season but I’ll watch the 100th for good old times.

11. Rook says:

The Unholy Trinity singing Toxic. Perfection!

12. Lydia says:

Let’s see, so far all of this looks pretty good (the originals not only returning but also singing, a couple of guest stars, a switch to NYC) so now I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Glee’s fooled me before and I don’t want to get my hopes up.

13. Trista says:

So is Matthew Morrison leaving the show?

14. Mena says:

So glad. A 2 parter to close out Lima, I hope. Just 1 for Lima’s bye bye’s. Then, 1 for a build up for where Glee is taking Rachel, Kurt and Santana full time, from then on. Limited Blaine. No Sam, please.

15. kriss says:

The idea that the Glee club is disbanded makes me incredibly sad. This show originally was about the club and how it changed people… how it was a safe place for this group of diverse kids to come together and accept each other and themselves… the great equalizer. The Glee club was honestly a living, breathing character. Now the lesson is going to be that Sue wins and that hope and safety dies? It seems to spit in the face of everything this show once stood for. While I know shows evolve, more often than not, Glee makes me miss what it was and what it could have been. I don’t have an issue with the show moving on to New York — I get that that’s all that’s left. I just don’t see the need to destroy the heart and hope of the show to do it. Let the Glee club go on, even if the viewers don’t see it.

• Angela says:

My thoughts exactly. Especially since there’s only one season left of the show to go as it is-like you said, we don’t have to see the Glee club on TV every week, but it’d be nice just to know it’s still out there.

16. Carlos Alvarez says:

Will the newbies be in the episode? Looks like they won’t be singing much. I kinda feel bad for them I know a lot of people hate them and Season 4 but I’m in the minority and do like them and did enjoy the 4th season.

17. Greg says:

So glad the show is moving on to focus only on NY. The High School stories are so old and boring now. (not to mention the sophmores). Can’t wait for focus on the NY crew and the addition of Blaine, Sam and Mercedies!!!!

Hopefully, the Lima setting isn’t back until Season 6 and then only a few episodes to close out their stories.

18. Becky Curtis says:

hi what’s going to happen to the new kids in glee club are they going to be in New York too . I want to know what going to happen Lauren. Potter are they going to keep her on the show . I like her on the show . There should be season 4 part 1 and now this season 4 part 2 ending for season 4 and now the beagining of season 5 part 1 and I know that they in season 5. Good luck with show I hope you like the way I think about the show. I like the show a lot .and I watch the show every week. it the best show out there an the only show there to see.

19. Allyson says:

I read this article a few times, but it doesn’t say rather or not Will (Matthew Morrison) will remain on the show. He needs to remain on the show!

20. Allyson says:

Never mind, he is staying! Somehow I miss that part! Thank goodness

21. Katie says:

I don’t think Blam ruined the show. I think the new kids and the Lima side could have been much better if they got better stories, but I really do think that if their characters were better written with better storylines, more people would like them even if they’re not the best actors.

22. Katie says:

Also glad that chace will be in glee. I miss the gg cast and I wish they fitted in blaire/Leighton as a meanie but also funny. I think she acts blaire better than any of her other roles and it would’ve been nice to see her in Yale.

23. DJ says:

Glad that they decided to move the show permanently to NY.
    Season 4 was a complete disaster. IF they were going to get new kids they shouldn’t have A) basically recycle the same story lines from the first 2 seasons B) The new characters aren’t likeable and made D list Rachel, Finn, Puck, Santana.

Watching the end of season 3 when they won Nationals makes me sad. This show was so original and even if you hated everyone you still rooted for them. I miss what it used to be. I get that’s what happens when you grow up etc but the show lost its spark.