Grimm Exclusive First Look: A No-Holds-Barred Juliette (?!) Kicks Some Serious Wesen Tail

Atta girl, Juliette!

Pardon our enthusiasm, but after you watch this exclusive clip from Friday’s Grimm (NBC, 9/8c), you just may cheer for Nick’s feisty almost-fianceé, too.

RELATED | Winter Spoiler-palooza: Exclusive Scoop on 31 Returning Faves

Press PLAY on the video below to watch Dr. Silverton unleash her tiny fists of fury on that jerky guy who beat up her friend last week. And the fact that he’s a big, strong Wesen and she’s a waifish veterinarian makes it all the more impressive that she drops him like first period trig, don’t you think?

1. DL says:

Awesome moment for Juliette, but I have to question how the new “uber”-Nick gets dropped by one sucker punch. I assume he must come charging in the moment after that clip ends.

• morgan says:

YES! I call shenanigans! I thought nearly the same thing, Grimm/Cop/Nick version 2.0 gets K.O. with one punch and Juliette takes him down? Puh-leeez. This is a transparent attempt to get us to like her more because she has been whiny and unlikable up until recently. I’m wondering if this whole ‘jealous ex” subplot was to try and get us to like her more. I don’t like it when a female character suddenly has fighting skills, it’s a cheap trick especially when it has nothing to do with character development. If they think Nick needs to be with a badass they should get a new character. Otherwise Nick should stick to the butt kicking, something he’s barely done since his zombie episode.

2. Aimee says:

You go Juliette! Can’t wait for this episode.

3. Mika02 says:

Juliette is so much more like alb now that she knows everything

4. jenferner8 says:

I like this Juliet so much better then the one from last season.

5. Ed says:

I’m glad they found a way to get Juliet more involved with the show.

6. Amber says:

Umm NO. She is awful still. They need to get rid of her. She has zero chemistry with Nick

7. April says:

Love that scene. I can’t wait to watch her kick butt this Friday!

8. Dav says:

Well it’s about time Juliette got to join in the fun! :-)

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

About damn time! I was annoyed with her and after seeing the promo from last friday’s ep. i was surprised so GO JULIETTE kick some wesen ass!

9. Mikael says:

Good to see Juliette not being a damsel in distress. She’s definitely more likeable this season than the previous two. I wonder where she learned to fight?

• Jamie says:

Well, earlier in the series she asked Nick to teach her how to shoot (when the Oger broke into the house and attacked them.)so I just assume that he taught her some self defense moves as well. Or maybe she was inspired to take a class after being kidnapped and attacked and all the other crazy stuff that happened.

10. Alex says:

Looks like a fun episode! I’m happy they finally let Juliette in on the secret. Now the team is complete!

11. Nicole says:

While I like the new Juliette wayyy better, I hope she did learn to fight in a class/ Nick. I can’t take it if she “just happened to know” this along w how she now knows everything science related. Makes me feel unaccomplished…

• Gail says:

LOL! True…although, to be fair, she is a Vet. That means she had to take all sorts of biology and chemistry classes. Not many people know that becoming a vet takes longer than becoming a doctor.

12. Go Juliette! She’s the best! I love that she’s more involved this season. She really adds a great dynamic to the team, and I love seeing her work with Nick, Rosalee, Monroe, and Hank.

13. Chris says:

I’m sorry, but Juliette’s character seems completely ridiculous to me at this point. The more they try to bring her into the fold, the more of a Mary Sue she becomes. I feel like they should cut their losses and move on. Such a shame. I used to really like her.

14. amandahalef says:

I adore this woman. And while I disagree heartily that she was *ever* a damsel in distress (cool head in the ogre crisis, anyone?), it *is* fun to see her getting a few licks in. Nick’s being down and out from one punch does make me raise an eyebrow. Admittedly, I’m not clear on the actual physical strength of the Klaustreich (Klaustreiches?), but he’s seemed pretty hard to take down this season. I kinda call bullcrap there, but that aside, I’m still psyched for this confrontation.

15. Alfred Demonreach says:

I’m really digging Juliet’s Character now. I’ve never been a fan of the “secret identity” shtick stories use to create a false sense of tension. If stories like these have taught use anything, it’s that keeping friends and family in the dark only makes them more vulnerable to the dangers not less. Now that Juliet knows what’s out there, and is developing a Handle on the situation she’s able to be proactive instead of reactive.

Same reason Laurel & Thea need to find out what’s up with Oliver sooner or later, as till then they’re basically spinning their wheels.

16. jack says:

Not really interested in Juliette, no matter how tough you try and make her, she stills looks like a deer caught in headlights.

17. DC says:

Naturally, the video isn’t available. :(