Castle Sneak Peek: A Brush With 'Miley' Brings Up a 'Private' Issue for Rick and Kate

The Lying Game‘s Alexandra Chando will make like Miley Cyrus in the Jan. 20 episode of ABC’s Castle, and we’ve got pics from the episode, which also promises to surface an issue for betrothed Kate.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to Castle and 30 Other Returning Faves

In “Limelight,” when a young pop star is found dead, Castle and Beckett delve into the victim’s out-of-control, hard-partying lifestyle. In doing so, they meet up with Chando’s troubled pop starlet, Mandy, whom series creator Andrew W. Marlowe previously described as “a Lindsay Lohan/Miley Cyrus type … somebody who has turned from America’s sweetheart into the kind of person who might twerk on MTV.”

PHOTOS | Castle Sneak Peek: Kate Kinda Sorta Meets Rick’s Secret Agent Dad

In dealing with this case and its look at the high cost of fame, Beckett will be forced to confront her status as the bride-to-be of a popular author. Said Marlowe, “[This episode] gets Beckett to the point where she realizes she’s a private person but she’s in a relationship with somebody who’s a public person – so how does that affect them?”

Also guest-starring in the episode/featured in the photos below are Lola Glaudini (Criminal Minds) and Kelly McCreary (Emily Owens MD), as Mandy’s mother and personal assistant, respectively.

1. Jared says:

I miss Alexandra Chando on my TV. Happy to see her pop up on Castle.

2. Lori says:

Wait, does the pic of the mother in hand cuffs mean she did it (whatever it is)? Or is that just too obvious?

• EJ386 says:

This! I like to see pictures but this seems to be spoiling the episode, a warning would have been nice…

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

This is highly guarded ABC, folks, not loosey goosey NBC. I would presume that not to be a major plot point, or it would not have been released.

• Lori says:

Thought so. Thanks Matt.

• Sorry, but in the Final Nail they have already done this – the endgame and the real murderer wa on the promo pics. Hoping it hasn’t happened now.

However I feel this a very-very belated try to tell a story about what should have been a problem between them a good year ago – if ever. We haven’t seen any sign of Castle page 6 perosna since – season 2? Since then all the interviews with the creators suggested that he has changed, “matured”. So did he suddenly fall back to being a celebutante? Right now? Why? Because as far as we know the last one and the half year was the same for him in professional terms as before – there were book launches, tours, etc. If Beckett realises only now that this is the part of their life, she is the stupidest woman on the earth.

The writers had wasted a whole season to nothing and now they pretend as if it would be business as usual that a fiancée starts to being afraid of obvious things (like ex-wives, children, public persona) only after the proposal, and those hadn’t bothered her enough to ask about during their year of dating. Were their relationship be a coup-de-foudre love, it could have been the case, but she had prepared herself wanting him to be her one and done for years before – nobody can say that after “Always” she didn’t plan her future life with him.

• Tammy White says:

Um. Did you forget about S5’s date with Kristina Cottera or however you spell her name? Castle wanted to be seen with her for a page 6 write up to detract from his relationship with Beckett. This has been part of Castle’s history from the Pilot episode, so it’s not so farfetched that the media is curious about who he’s been spending his time with. Sometimes you have to suspend your disbelief for tv. Without seeing the episode, you seem to think you know everything already. It’s not that bit of a stretch that the media sees Castle and Beckett together and still assume they’re just friends and partners. Why are you so angry over this? The Castle fandom is so ridiculous more often than not with the whining, crying, and complaining over everything. Sit back and try to enjoy the show sometimes instead of all the whining. This is probably another “fan” from the ABC board who seem to want the show to go the way they want it to and when it doesn’t they have to whine about it. LOL!

• Rich Abey says:

My thoughts too Matt. Still I really haven’t had any problem before where Castle’s sneak peeks have revealed too much info. In fact I recall a lot of fans, including myself, complaining not too long ago that we aren’t getting enough sneak peeks for Castle from ABC!

• Cindy Dorsey says:

I look forward to sneak peeks and spoilers. Makes me anxious to see the next episode. Love, love, love this show! Best ever! Is there any other show on tv?

3. Riana says:

I have a strange feeling that she’s the killer, which would be very disappointing. Also comparing Miley and Lindsay is like comparing Lemons and Limes. They’re similar but one of more sour.

4. Apples says:

I bet it’s the PA that is the killer and the photos are a red herring.
    I am looking forward to seeing Beckett deal with the fame side of Castle’s life, I’ve been wanting to see that for ages. I really wanted them to attend a book launch arm-in-arm actually.

• DarkDefender says:

She’s been to a couple of his book launches.. Old territory. Even if they weren’t together, they knew she was Nikki Heat. More likely, she will have doubts because of how he was before her.. And the signing of chests etc.. Now that they are engaged (kinda like Cloudy with a Chance of Murder, but now they actually have the conversation)

I suspect it will deal more with how inaccurate stories are (like he’s with his ex-wife or they photograph him with some random chick and Beckett has doubts)..

IMHO. :)

• scooby says:

I think we’re past the point of her having doubts about how he feels about her. I could see her getting mad at lies in the press. I would bet some tabloid has speculated that they’re a couple before now. Marrying his muse is a definite angle they’d salivate over. I bet we’re gonna watch Beckett fume over some stuff she reads and Castle will be all ‘eh, they do that stuff all the time about me.’ Maybe he doesn’t get as mad as she does and that’d be frustrating.

• Apples says:

They’ve never been to one as a couple. Or some high-society thing like their fake date in S1, but this for real.
        I don’t Beckett will have doubts about him or the relationship but more about how she deals with his fame as his wife (to be), and her own quasi-celebrity as his “muse”.

• Rich Abey says:

Still we’d love to see them attend a book launch or a movie premiere together hand-in-hand (maybe a Derrick Storm movie instead of a Nikki Heat one given that a Nikki film had busted already).

Yes I think too that she is way beyond doubting his commitment (he did propose!). It’s gonna be interesting how she reacts to these inaccurate stories of Rick’s supposed flings though…looking back at the sneak peeks it’s gonna be tasty!

• Cindy Dorsey says:

Hey, yea, I’d love to see them attend a book signing party together. Let the world the ‘white whale’ if off the market!!!

5. Laura says:

Great to see Lola Glaudini back on tv . I hope we get to see more about Caskett and less about secondary characters.

• Cindy Dorsey says:

I, too, want to see more Caskett and their love for each other, like saying I love you more. Maybe an occasional flirt or kiss while investigating their case at hand. Just keep up the comedic side of the cast. Love this show!!

6. lame says:

Did ABC give away the photos of the decisive moment, just like they did with “final nail”? Who’s doing the screening over there?

• lame says:

I’ve been wondering when that subject would be broached, remember Castle was in the annual most eligible bachelor list for the New York Times[?] In fact word of the engagement should make the society section front page. So what episode will we see the precinct swamped with reporters and photos of C/B around town in the daily news, and how will that affect the work place from now till the wedding?

• Rich Abey says:

I thought they still didn’t make the engagement public…or at least they are forced to make it public in this episode because of the false rumors flying around? If so we should see some press action in this episode, at least when Rick & Kate are working outside the precinct given Gates’ low tolerance to bad press on the 12th Precinct…

7. iamtheblurr says:

Can someone remind me who is that woman on the first pic? She seems very familiar from another tv show (?)

8. Francine says:

I don’t have many gripes about this show, but I do miss seeing Castle write…

• scooby says:

I’m not sure you could see more of that without it being boring and redundant. I mean he’s writing Nikki Heat so he’s gotta get inspiration from cases which is action related, but besides that writing involves sitting there writing (hard to dramatize in a new way) or procrastinating which we already see him do. I kinda hope we get more poker games but Cannell was the big linchpin there so when he died it probably made it harder to get everybody together plus it was kinda sad.

• Francine says:

Sorry, I didn’t mean literally seeing him sitting there writing. Just some more mention of it. You hardly hear about it anymore.
        And I do miss the poker games too but I understand why that’s not being done anymore.

• Apples says:

Really? I can think of several mentions. In Valkyrie, he comes back from a book tour. In Like Father Like Daughter he is clearly at his computer and should be writing when Alexis interrupts, in Number One Fan he trades trivia barbs from his books with a fan etc.

• Francine says:

Valkyrie was a good one, yes, and I know we get other small mentions. I guess I liked when we’d see the book signings, know which book he was actually writing, see the books, and just generally hear then talked about more. Though its possible I missed some mentions, I’ll admit. It’s not a slam against the show though and I understand it can’t be exactly the same or it would get old. I do look forrward to this episode though because Rick IS supposed to be a public figure so I’m glad they’re bringing all that to light again. Just my random thoughts.

9. cycworker says:

Great pics that would have been even better with Matt’s Magnificent Captions.

10. Rich Abey says:

Excited for this episode..particularly in seeing how Kate deals with being famous (now that the world knows she is engaged to Richard Castle).

• Kathie Menker says:

Well, the word’s out, thanks to Kate. I knew she would eventually realize she had to join him in the limelight. I don’t think she will have any problems with it.
      It was so good to see Alexis have a part for a change, and Halleluja! She came to her senses and is dumping PI! It always seemed out of character for her to be with him, although I guess even intelligent, sensible “kids” rebel sometimes. Obviously her father would always have to force himself to at least seem accepting, but it was such a strain and I hated to see them not close anymore. It also put a damper her being involved in the storylines.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Re: Kate breaking the news, I would have preferred something “noisier”/more spontaneous, like her being caught on video by CelebGazer denouncing the Gina rumor once and for all to the paparazzi, declaring herself “Rick Castle’s fiancee, dammit!”

11. Kirena says:

I don’t remember ever seeing a lot of publicity for an author getting married, or having the author and his future wife being hounded by press and media. I know Castle is a famous author and I could see that there would be a blurb or a mention that he is engaged or married, especially to his inspiration for Nikki Heat, but this seems over the top, even for Castle. How many women can you name that are really famous and covered by the press, just because they are married to an author?
    Also, after trying to keep their relationship a secret from the brass so they could continue to work together won’t getting married, even without the press, going to blow that up? Or if they’re married is working together okay?

• Cindy Dorsey says:

Kirena, no I don’t know of any woman made famous by being married to a famous author, but this is tv, make believe, so enjoy the best show ever on tv!!

• Kathie Menker says:

The captain knows about their relationship and said it’s OK if they keep it professional at work. I think that even when the higher-ups find out about the engagement, they won’t care because of Rick’s invaluable help over the years.
      TV Guide shows a pic of Becket trying on her wedding gown and hints that the wedding will probably be this season. I don’t like the wedding gown style, but maybe in a full view it will look better.
      One thing I miss is Alexis being in every episode. Once she and PI moved in together there has been only one episode that she had much to do–the one where Castle helped her find out the truth about her friend on death row. Otherwise, it’s brief pop-ins. I did crack up over the scene when she comes into the apartment the morning after they took care of the baby. Kate’s on the floor with her head next to Rick sprawled on the couch, Martha feeding the baby and she says, “How long have I been gone?” Molly Quinn is such a good actress.
      Castle must have another book coming out later this year because at first he said they couldn’t get married in Sept. because of his book tour. I own all of the Castle books because it took too long to get them from the library, lol. Whatever happened to the Heat Wave movie? Natalie Rhodes was in rehab and they’ve never mentioned the movie since that trip to LA.
      I finally realized where I’d seen the actress who plays Meredith (deep fried twinkie). She plays Gibbs’ wife, Shannon, in flashbacks on NCIS.

12. JillP says:

Why does Nathan Fillion have his hands in his pockets in almost every picture??