Exclusive

Big Bang Theory Exclusive: Check Out the Rival Comic Book Store (Owned By Josh Peck)

Now we understand why Stuart feels so threatened.

In next Thursday’s The Big Bang Theory (8/7c, CBS), Bernadette’s quest to replace one of Howard’s prized geek ‘zines takes her to Stuart’s comic-book-store competition — and, as you can see via the following exclusive image, it’s a frellin’ awesome establishment.

RELATED | The Big Bang Theory Recap: What Did You Think of Penny’s [Spoiler]?

The majestic, eye-popping shop is tricked out with all the latest graphic novels, action figures, collectible statues and limited edition lithographs. Heck, there’s even a working popcorn machine and a handsome owner (played by Josh Peck of Drake & Josh fame).

Basically, it’s everything Stuart’s trading post isn’t. Poor bastard.

The Big Bang Theory

1. Carol says:

Ooooo! A new friend for Penney???

2. Tom Charles says:

I really do need to rewatch Farscape sometime. Shop looks quite nice, should be interesting to see how things play out

3. Alan says:

not a marvel product in sight despite them being owned by the same people who own star wars and thats all over the place, seems a bit stupid.
    anyway isnt this just basically the plot of the simpsons episode with jack black playing the owner of the much better comic book store?

• Drew Melbourne says:

Big Bang Theory is produced by Warner Brothers which owns DC, not Marvel, and shown by CBS which owns… well, not Marvel. (Disney owns ABC and Marvel Comics, which is maybe what you’re thinking of.)

• Dani says:

Stan Lee guest starred in TBBT so I think this whole Marvel in TBBT is quite resolved. Not to mention, I doubt that Disney will hesitate in showing their products on one of the most watched shows in television.

4. Way more interested in the Leonard and Penny storyline next week.

5. DiverKlein says:

I swear if they splite leonard and penny up again i’m done with the show. Normally i cannot abide all this ‘shipping nonsense, but enough is enough. If they want to introduce friction into the relationship have it be because she’s actually making progress in her acting career.

Sad thing is i watch the re-re-re-runs on TBS every single night that something isn’t being DVRed. Please don’t force me to quit the show like i’ve recently quit Revenge and SOA

• Stan says:

I’m with you on this one. I much more enjoy the earlier episodes compared to the newer season(s). In fact, the show has just about run it’s course for me, which I find sad since they are getting some of its highest ratings. But the comedy and story development just isn’t there for me anymore. I liked this last episode a lot up until the ‘potential’ breakup part. Between Penny and Lenard’s relationship always on the bubble and Raj’s ongoing gay nuance – just make him gay already. It’s okay! – I feel like they are rerunning the same scenarios over and over for these characters.

• TV Gord says:

I guess The Big Bang Theory is getting into Simpsons territory, where people start slamming it because they are personally tired of watching, while the show is just as good as ever.

• Stanley says:

Yes, that’s exactly what’s happening. We are just tired of watching the show. No, of course that’s not it! If you would read through both mine and DiverKlein’s comments, you’ll see there are specific things with the show that are causing it to be less enjoyable for us. It has nothing to do with being ‘tired of watching it’, as evident that we both said we regularly watch and much more enjoy the reruns of the earlier seasons. Moreover, for me, my main issues are with the quality of the writing or reused plot lines. How many times can we see Penny and Leonard breakup and get back together and still thing it’s ‘as good as ever’?

As for the Simpsons, that show stopped being good a long time ago – they just need to end it already. If you’re a loyal watch of that show, more power too you. But it stopped being good for me over 15 years ago.

• Tim Hughes says:

And honestly it does seem like you are tired of the show. Take a break if it is upsetting you this much. Its 22 minutes a week for 22 weeks. I think this show could go on for 5 or 6 more years easily.
          Two and a Half Men is the show that needs to be put to rest.

• ElenaGreece says:

I agree with Stanley. The show is not funny as it used to be in the earlier seasons. Now, all the focus is on the relationships, and how interesting can this be; In my opinion, the writing this season is very bad and unfunny. TBBT has transformed into a soap opera. The jokes have become offensive, and the characters have become stereotypes. Of course the show needs to stop before it becomes a complete caricature, but, really, with these ratings… I don’t think so…

• Tim Hughes says:

Exactly~ BBT has had some its best episodes recently..(Thanksgiving comes to mind and the last one with Bernadette..heck ANY episode with Bernatdette). The trajectory of leonard and pennys romance seems on par wtih some real life romances I know and pretty realistic..What it comes down to is that these two, no matter how much they love each other, have NOTHING in commmon. It will take them awhile to figure this out….but they are really close…

6. firstroyal says:

It has been a while since i was big into comics (early 90s) I thought the comic print industry was down a bit- has it really grown enough to support 2 comic book stores in one town?

• yep says:

In Orlando, we have six stores. The comic book industry has been growing year to year for a while now.

• Suzie says:

Aren’t they in Pasadena? That’s 140,000 pop., but it’s pretty much one big urban cluster thereabouts. Seventy two suburbs in search of a city.

7. alepeck says:

Awwwww…. my boy!

8. TV Gord says:

This should be fun. There are a few comic book stores where I live, but two seem to be the main competitors (although they are actually very nice to each other). I’m looking forward to seeing the nerd showdown.

9. Brad says:

The writing on Big Bang is very good. Writing comedy is very hard and in almost every episode they have several laugh out loud moments. Great character development. I’d like to see more interaction between bernadettes dad and Howard or Sheldon. He is hilarious.

10. floppy jones says:

Who is that beauty next to predator???