New Walking Dead Poster Puts [Spoiler] Up Front

The Walking Dead is making Carl a central figure… in its new promo campaign, at least.

AMC on Thursday released the official poster for the second half of the zombie smash’s fourth season (bowing Sunday, Feb. 9), and it puts Chandler Riggs’ young warrior front and center for the first time (with Andrew Lincoln’s Rick playing second fiddle).

RELATED | AMC’s Walking Dead Spin-Off Premise Revealed?

Thoughts?

The Walking Dead Season 4

1. JJM says:

With this happening and Carol gone, I can’t handle this. Looks like I’ll check out of Season 4B…

• Alan says:

if you really think carol is gone then you have clearly not understood what the story is they are telling.

• LC says:

Agreed…and have not been paying attention to some of the fantastic work Chandler Riggs has done over the past season and a half.

2. zacqua10 says:

Not surprising. I believe Robert Kirkman has said a few times that season 4 will be the year of Carl. That’s actually not a bad thing now that he’s no longer annoying.

3. +1 says:

Great. Carl is one of the few watchable things of TWD.

4. Spoiler Junkie says:

Great poster, emphasising the fact that the Walking Dead is the journey of Rick and Carl.

5. Mrs M says:

I LOVE this! Carl has been great in season 4, and Chandler Riggs has developed into a really good actor. I hope this is showing, as in the comic books, that Carl is the future. Rick is my favourite character, and I don’t want him being killed off any time soon. I can’t express how pleased I am to finally see some promotion for the show that doesn’t feature Daryl Dixon. He was my favourite character in season 1 and for most of 2, but he’s just ridiculous now, a sort-of-zombie-apocalypse Superman. Kill him off soon, please. The rest of the male characters (except for Rick, Carl and Hershel, when he was alive!) are suffering because Daryl has to have all the heroics and screen time.

6. Venkman007 says:

Awesome. Can’t wait. Carl has manned up in the last season,

7. wrstlgirl says:

I saw a lot of previews during The Walking Dead marathon over New Year’s and it looks like Carl is definitely stepping up and taking care of things while Rick is recuperating from his fight with the Governor. The previews were excellent :-)

8. I’m not caught up, and even though I don’t view this as a particularly big spoiler, I think it’s a little weird you put “New Walking Dead Poster puts *SPOILER* Up Front” and then proceed to show it next to the title.

9. Alan says:

carl has been brilliant ever since the start of season 3 and his role has been increasing all the time so this is no surprise.

10. Larry says:

Carl is just one O short of Carol. Coincidence? I think not.

11. Dominique says:

awesome poster, i love carl! he’s been so great this season (even though i’ve always loved him).

12. Trish says:

They just wanted to make sure everyone knew where he was

13. Jerry says:

I have to say, nothing has quite matched the original 6 episodes. It is suffering from the “more is better” thing that most broadcast networks suffer from, with their increased orders to 12 and now 16 episodes per season.

The first 6 episodes felt like the first season of LOST (when it was really good) and there seems to be not only character development, but a mythology especially when the doctor guy was educating them about the zombies. There is a semblance that the writers knew where they were heading and there is already an end in sight.

From then on however, is the same arc, finding a place to settle down, then people killing people, zombies attacking people leading to teary deaths, and then the place eventually gets destroyed and they move on to the next place to “settle down”. Yes, it’s a journey, but it seems to be a journey with no end in sight.

I still think the main problem is actually the episode count. I would have preferred it to be shorten to 10 episodes. I really thought both season 2 and season 3 being condensed to 10 episodes would have worked out very well, instead of weird filler stuff like the entire episode being a “negotiation” between Rick and The Governor, or the Governor episodes that just set him up for death. Or at least just one Governor-centric episode instead of two would have worked well too.

• Alan says:

have you read the comics? because this is the story of the comics, a group of people struggling to survive. that stuff with the doctor was never in the comics so it was never going to be followed up on, the story being told is not about trying to cure the zombies or anything like that.

14. Jess says:

anyone that reads the comics pretty much knows whats coming……

15. Linda says:

Love the show just as it is. Sad abt Hershel,but how could he have survived on the run? Much better death scene than getting eatten by zombies.Other networks are so jealius of the success of this show.lollol they deserve many awards,but if not we will be mad but still watch,hollyweird.

16. Linda says:

Btw,twd is up for a few peoples choice awards because of popular demand. Hoping the,show and Andrew Lincoln get much deserved awards. Of course i think he deserves a big pay,raise,but who am i. They dont have agents negotiating salaries,maybe its for the best. This show no one is counted safe. Everyone is a fan fav,but i like these characters. Breaking,bad did a good job of majing me hate everyone except Jesse and walt jr. I mean i hate WW and hank so much,im not ready to watch them in anything else. I see Shane and Dale are starring in mob city and doing well. Twd has produced some fine actors. Andrew and Chandler stand out.

17. anniem says:

True…but what I like is that the show changes things up enough that we can still be surprised.

18. azu says:

I’m happy about this. I love Rick and Carl. Can’t wait!!

19. Katie says:

If you know anything about the ocmics, you know why the poster is done this way. Carl comes to the forefront after Rick fights the govenor. If they even mildly follow the comic you are going to get a great show. These two actors are about to go dark and it is going to be great!

20. Mikael says:

Season 1-3 I absolutely HATED Carl. Season 4 has really made me like him. I like that he’s maturing and stepping up.

21. RS says:

Carl is getting a bit better. Still love Daryl and hope he finally gets to hook up with Carol. As for best episode for me out of all of them ? Beside the Dying Fire. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Curious to see who makes it to the end of this season, and who was feeding rats to the walkers. This show is my all time favorite show. Its intense and has some epic walker kills. Can’t wait for it to come back. Have the date marked on my Walking Dead calendar.