Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 31 Returning Favorites

‘Tis the season to put the holidays behind you and get reacquainted with your favorite shows.

Many of your obsessions — from cable dramas such as The Americans and Suits to those that took a winter hiatus (like The Vampire Diaries, Sleepy Hollow and Bones) — will soon be back with fresh episodes.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to January Premieres and More

To help you prepare for the onslaught of returns and premieres, TVLine presents a gallery that will not only catch you up on where the action left off, but also spill juicy spoilers about what’s ahead.

RELATED2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Flip through the slideshow to get all the intel and then hit the comments to tell us what you’re psyched for!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Premieres, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers, Winter TV Preview

1. Sandra Holl says:

Bones is the best show on Tv! and the writers are doing a fantastic job! If you watch the show you know how great it is ! If not please keep your unknowing comments to yourself,Thank YOU!!! Bring on season10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

2. Why do I keep expecting this to be a better show? says:

If the ONCE writers were smart they would focus on the family (see what I did there ;p) in the picture. That’s the only true love story I care about, Henry’s two mommies.

3. cas says:

I think I am officially going to give up Arrow. I can no longer take the annoying fans crying about how much they hate Laurel and how Felicity is just so much better. Or how Sara is too, which btw, she isn’t as she is an awful actress IMO. People haven’t even seen the episodes with Laurel and they are complaining, not to mention I think the writers are trying to repair what they did to her character in season 1 in the first place, and it’s not like they said she is going to ride off into the sunset with Oliver so Olicity fans should calm down. I think the only way to get over my annoyance will be to stop watching and reading about it. It’s only season 2 and halfway through so I’m not that invested.

• roz12 says:

Don’t give up watching just because of what people say in forums! I’m not a fan of Laurel but I agree with you there. I think Arrow is very entertaining show, the producers are putting a lot of effort into making it more complex and multilayered and -again, as with so many other (even better) shows- all we hear is the whines of people obsessed with romantic couplings. It’s disregarding of all the other storylines and characters! I can’t believe so many watch a show like Arrow just to see who Oliver will choose?! I love Felicity, much more than Laurel I admit, but I will love her anyway if she’s not Oliver’s final choice. Actually, I couldn’t care less what happens on that area!. I find Felicity supersweet, also in her feelings for O and I do like those “awkward” moments between the two of them. Making them a couple now would be the end of these cute parts of the show. Arrow is much more than that, and then, isn’t there an Arrow cannon? I haven’t read the comics but the writers will have to more or less follow the story, won’t they?

• JC says:

Not necessarily – they didn’t follow the comics about Tommy after all. Whether they will with Laurel is yet to be seen.

• Claire says:

I hear where you are coming from, but don’t give up on the show, maybe give up the areas where the conflict occurs. I do like Felicity far more than Laurel and I do like the romantic coupling of F/O, but far more than that I love the show as a whole, especially Team Arrow.

I for one am looking forward to the upcoming episodes to see where they take the Laurel storyline. I think at the beginning of the season they had to establish Team Arrow which I think they did a pretty solid job of doing so. Now that the foundation has been laid they can start peeling off the layers.

I look at this a bit selfishly as well because while I am interested in seeing where L’s storyline goes, I am also hopeful that this will afford Felicity the opportunity to interact with other members of the show. While it may not be her character arc, it would be a good opportunity for some minor growth/exploration outside of Oliver.

• MMPTomms says:

I don’t ship Olicity, or anyone for that matter. I watch Arrow for the superhero story, I enjoy the action plot better than the characters. I still think Laurel is the most self-centered, obnoxious, whiny character on TV. Weak link on the cast. I stopped watching live so I could skip her scenes on DVR.

And Sara is great, she’s my favorite lady on the show.

• Garnet74 says:

I don’t get why anybody cares what anybody else likes or doesn’t like about a show. My ability to enjoy something isn’t affected by other people’s opinions, nor does their opinion impact whether i like or don’t like something and I’d certainly never let what nameless-faceless people say online result in me walking away from a show. I stop watching a show because the show stops entertaining me.

That said, I like Arrow as a complete package (with some minor exceptions) and while I have a pairing I like and prefer and comment on… that in no way means it’s the “only thing I watch for.” But since it’s what a lot of articles talk about and bring up, my comments are, of course, going to be about that.

4. Ashlyn says:

Excited for the return of Cougar Town, but not for the Travis/Laurie relationship. I was never on board with them getting together. Sorry…..I know I’m in the minority.

5. Betsy DB. says:

Harvey and Scottie together? …I’m not watching until he stops seeing her. I can’t stand her as his love interest.

6. MMPTomms says:

This news about Arrow worry me. All Laurel does is drag this show down. My favorite episodes this season were the two she missed. And now Four episodes centered on an awful character? IDGI.

7. Luis says:

As far as “Glee” is concerned, I hope prodcuers aren’t bringing Jayma Mays back to break Will and Emma up. I get she is in a successful series now, but after all they went through to get married it would be terribly sad to see that happen. I hope she just becomes like Norm Peterson’s wife Vera, regularly mentioned for the remainder of the series, but never seen again.

As for “Arrow,” I’ve never understood all the hatred for Katie Cassidy. I feel like she is a fine actress contending with an underwritten character. Green Arrow fans came into the series with a vision of the relationship between Ollie and Laurel from the comic books and were thrown for a loop by the way producers conceived of these characters. Bringing Sara out of the shadows as Black Canary, which was a brilliant move IMO, only complicates people’s vision of Laurel’s character. The natural expectation is that Laurel would somehow end up inheriting the mantle of Black Canary. Given, however, that it took Sara being stranded on a supposedly deserted island and being trained by the League of Assassins before she became BC, it is hard to conceive of a path that takes Laurel from where she is now to being Black Canary, at least not one that doesn’t involve some kind of time jump. As for chemistry, I thought the chemistry between Katie and Stephen Amell toward the end of last season was just fine and could be just as good if if goes in that direction. Personally, I hope they hold off giving Ollie a love interest, as someone in his place is hardly ready for that kind of relationship and frankly I am more interested in seeing Ollie’s relationship with Isabel Rochev explored some more!

8. Monica4185 says:

I’m so excited for Once Upon a Time’s return. I loved what the writers did in the Winter Finale. I can’t wait for March 9, is too far away.

9. NCIS has not been “must see” since Ziva left. Bishop is not doing it for viewers and I don’t think she ever will, people are not liking her very much. Ziva needs to come back and get NCIS back to its spot of glory.

10. spicedrum says:

re: Arrow

Yes, Amell has charisma with many actresses, NONE of which are the charisma suck that is Katie Cassidy. Supernatural did recast her role on that show for a reason. Learn from their mistakes, Arrow!

I enjoyed when Oliver was paired up with Helena. I liked him with McKenna. His flirtation with Felicity is fun. He was great when he wasn’t paired with anyone.

When Oliver has a scene with Laurel, I find myself thinking how much I would rather be watching Judge Judy or Dr Oz with my senior citizen mother.

11. Sarah says:

Returning favourites… Yet no Teen Wolf?

12. Jacqueline says:

I love the show series. Hurry back guys. I miss ya

13. Could It Be says:

A good handful of beloved characters on Supernatural huh? Does that mean after making us wait 8 years they are finally going to bring back Missouri Moseley? If not I’ll settle for Bobby (and hopefully John)

14. cinthy says:

Nobody cares about laurel, maybe they shoud send her far way like lana in smallville

15. Joyce Broils says:

I love bones, old episodes & new. I can never get enough. I look forward to whatever the future brings & can’t wait to watch!

16. Amnda says:

WHY on God’s green earth is HIMYM ending in MARCH??? WHY?!?!

17. cycworker says:

Bummed by the lack of a Grey’s mention here. Yeah, I know it was listed on the TV Guide one, but I like the way things are written/approached on TVL better than TVG.

18. M. Meyer says:

I’m so excited about SUPERNATURAL coming back on ! This is my one never-miss show on TV. I also like BONES and am happy that Booth and Brennan are finally together. Would it be possible to pick up DEXTER?

19. Louise Gawrys says:

NCIS hasn’t been the same since Ziva left. There was some kind of repot between the entire cast and now everyone seems a little stiff.

20. kath says:

What is this about “plenty of Molly” this season on Sherlock? I’ve been reading the UK sites where the shows have already aired, and Molly is rarely mentioned.

I was hoping for some Donna info from Suits. I much prefer her to Scottie, whether with Harvey or on her own.

21. Charlotte says:

Bones are the best show in TV. I hope we can see more than 15 episodes in season 9!
    I like the actors and their characters.

22. Sandra Slack says:

Get rid of reality shows they are a pain you’re supposed to watch television and movies to escape reality not watch the reality of some one else ,we have our own lives we don’t want to watch theirs. Thank you !!

23. V. Harris says:

While I thoroughly enjoy a large number of the shows referenced here, I see no mention or pictures of one of my most favorite shows Beauty and the Beast.

24. Chas says:

Just wondering why you hate Blue Bloods so much. I watched your piece that included the prediction that it might not be back and that any show would get the same rating, really, great ratings for a show you suggest is dead. Thanks